|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Myron try to blackmail Stuart Lipwitz?
2. What is on the video tape that Win gives to Myron?
3. What does Norm wonder about Esme?
4. What is in the package found in Linda's car?
5. Where has the suspect been spotted?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Myron finally get the information he wants about Chad being at the motel?
2. What information is Myron able to find about the neo-Nazis who beat him up?
3. How does Myron first get involved with Jack and Linda Coldren?
4. How does Jack respond the Myron's assertion that the motive for Chad's kidnapping could be to prevent Jack from winning the tournament?
5. Who is Stuart Lipwitz and how does Myron come in contact with him?
6. Why does Linda Coldren tell Myron that they need his help?
7. What does Myron find out about the Squires family from Sheriff Courter in New Jersey?
8. Describe the circumstances of the next ransom call.
9. Explain how Myron goes about his investigation.
10. What information are the girls at the mall able to give Myron about the man who made a call from the phone booth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
BACK SPIN is a modern-day mystery story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 3
Coben uses more than one instance of irony in the play. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)