|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the kidnapper's call traced to?
2. What kind of car does Win drive into bad neighborhoods?
3. What does Myron speculate could be a reason for the kidnapping?
4. What is Tad's profession?
5. What does Linda do when Myron suggests calling in the FBI?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the mall girls lead Myron to a clue about the neo-Nazi who beat him up?
2. What is Myron's theory about the kidnapping at this point?
3. What does Linda tell Myron about what happened last night on the night of Jack's murder?
4. What does Myron do to get Stuart Lipwitz to talk to him about whether Chad has stayed at the motel?
5. What information about Jack's former caddy, Lloyd Rennart, has Esperanza discovered?
6. Explain Esperanza's theory of the kidnapping.
7. How does Jack respond the Myron's assertion that the motive for Chad's kidnapping could be to prevent Jack from winning the tournament?
8. What information does Myron ask Esperanza to find regarding Lloyd Rennart?
9. What true story does Chad tell after Myron protests that Chad is lying about his account of the kidnapping?
10. Who is Stuart Lipwitz and how does Myron come in contact with him?
Essay Topic 1
Explain Coben's use of humor in the play. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting for the novel. Why does Coben use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Linda. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
This section contains 1,525 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)