|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Myron and Win stay temporarily?
2. Who does Myron see Jack having an argument with?
3. What does Linda Coldren reveal to Myron?
4. How old is Jack and Linda's son?
5. Who does Jack blame for his losing the U.S. Open years ago?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information about Jack's former caddy, Lloyd Rennart, has Esperanza discovered?
2. How does Myron first get involved with Jack and Linda Coldren?
3. How do Myron's emotions tend to cloud his judgment?
4. Summarize the plot of BACK SPIN.
5. Why does Linda Coldren tell Myron that they need his help?
6. How does Jack respond the Myron's assertion that the motive for Chad's kidnapping could be to prevent Jack from winning the tournament?
7. What does Myron do to get Stuart Lipwitz to talk to him about whether Chad has stayed at the motel?
8. What is Win's opinion of Jack's ability to win the U.S. Open?
9. Who is Tad Crispin?
10. Explain how Myron goes about his investigation.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Jack What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Myron, Linda, Chad, and Win. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)