|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tad's profession?
2. What is on the video tape that Win gives to Myron?
3. Where had Esme worked before coming to work for Norm?
4. What location does Myron revisit to ask more questions about Chad?
5. At which golf course does Myron Bolitar watch the U.S. Open match?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Myron find out about the Squires family from Sheriff Courter in New Jersey?
2. How does the author show that Win is a troubled character?
3. How does Jack respond the Myron's assertion that the motive for Chad's kidnapping could be to prevent Jack from winning the tournament?
4. What is Jack's history with the U.S. Open Tournament?
5. What is Myron's theory about the kidnapping at this point?
6. What is Myron's relationship with Linda and how is it complicated by his being away from Jessica?
7. How does Myron finally get the information he wants about Chad being at the motel?
8. Who is the mysterious person who climbs out of Chad Coldren's bedroom window?
9. Describe the circumstances of the next ransom call.
10. Who does Zoom sign on as spokespeople for their clothing lines?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the symbolism of Chad's severed finger. What does it signify? What role does it play in the story? Why did the author choose this item?
Essay Topic 2
Coben uses more than one instance of irony in the play. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Win. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)