Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jack and Linda's son?
2. What did the kidnapper do on the phone?
3. What surprises Myron as he watches the Coldrens' house?
4. What location does Myron revisit to ask more questions about Chad?
5. Who is Matt Squires?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Myron ask Esperanza to find regarding Lloyd Rennart?
2. What is Myron's relationship with Linda and how is it complicated by his being away from Jessica?
3. How does the author show that Myron is afraid of commitment, both personally and professionally?
4. How does Myron secure a meeting with Lloyd Rennart's widow?
5. Who is Stuart Lipwitz and how does Myron come in contact with him?
6. What conclusion does Myron come to regarding the kidnapping at this point?
7. Why does Linda Coldren tell Myron that they need his help?
8. What information about Jack's former caddy, Lloyd Rennart, has Esperanza discovered?
9. What does Francine tell Myron about Lloyd after Myron reveals who he really is?
10. What is Jack's history with the U.S. Open Tournament?
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Linda. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Myron, Linda, Chad, and Win. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)