|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the girls think the man at the phone booth had in his hand?
2. What is the name of Norm's golf clothing line?
3. Where do Myron and Win stay temporarily?
4. What is the name of the dead end road where Myron finds himself?
5. How does the kidnapper's call end?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Win's opinion of Jack's ability to win the U.S. Open?
2. What is Myron's theory about the kidnapping at this point?
3. Who is Stuart Lipwitz and how does Myron come in contact with him?
4. How does Jack respond the Myron's assertion that the motive for Chad's kidnapping could be to prevent Jack from winning the tournament?
5. How does Myron first get involved with Jack and Linda Coldren?
6. How does the author show that Win is a troubled character?
7. Who does Zoom sign on as spokespeople for their clothing lines?
8. What nicknames does Myron come up with for the neo-Nazi and his cohorts?
9. What information are the girls at the mall able to give Myron about the man who made a call from the phone booth?
10. What is Jack's history with the U.S. Open Tournament?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Coben's use of humor in the play. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
Essay Topic 3
Greed takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)