|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Reginald Squires' criminal name?
2. Myron calls Sheriff Jack Courter in the state of _________________ to ask about the Squire family.
3. What does Linda do when Myron suggests calling in the FBI?
4. Who used to be Jack's caddy over twenty years ago?
5. Which of the following is NOT included in the girls' description of the man at the mall phone booth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Linda tell Myron about what happened last night on the night of Jack's murder?
2. Why does Linda Coldren tell Myron that they need his help?
3. What information does Myron ask Esperanza to find regarding Lloyd Rennart?
4. What is the trail of activity that points to Esme as the kidnapper?
5. How does Myron first get involved with Jack and Linda Coldren?
6. Who is the mysterious person who climbs out of Chad Coldren's bedroom window?
7. What surprising information do Carl and the motel maid give to Myron?
8. What is Myron's relationship with Linda and how is it complicated by his being away from Jessica?
9. What information is Esperanza able to find on Lloyd Rennart?
10. What is Reginald's reaction when Myron tells him about Chad's kidnapping?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Coben uses more than one instance of irony in the play. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 2
BACK SPIN is a modern-day mystery story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Win. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
This section contains 1,499 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)