Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jack and Linda's son?
2. What did the kidnapper do on the phone?
3. What surprises Myron as he watches the Coldrens' house?
4. What location does Myron revisit to ask more questions about Chad?
5. Who is Matt Squires?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Myron ask Esperanza to find regarding Lloyd Rennart?
2. What is Myron's relationship with Linda and how is it complicated by his being away from Jessica?
3. How does the author show that Myron is afraid of commitment, both personally and professionally?
4. How does Myron secure a meeting with Lloyd Rennart's widow?
5. Who is Stuart Lipwitz and how does Myron come in contact with him?
6. What conclusion does Myron come to regarding the kidnapping at this point?
7. Why does Linda Coldren tell Myron that they need his help?
8. What information about Jack's former caddy, Lloyd Rennart, has Esperanza discovered?
9. What does Francine tell Myron about Lloyd after Myron reveals who he really is?
10. What is Jack's history with the U.S. Open Tournament?
Create a brief character study of Myron. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Coben uses more than one instance of irony in the play. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
Create a brief character study of Jack What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)