|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Esme worked before coming to work for Norm?
2. What is the name of Norm's golf clothing line?
3. Who does Myron meet for dinner at the Merion clubhouse?
4. Which of the following is NOT included in the girls' description of the man at the mall phone booth?
5. Who is the elderly man who approaches Myron at the golf tournament?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the circumstances of the next ransom call.
2. How does the author show that Win is a troubled character?
3. What is Win's opinion of Jack's ability to win the U.S. Open?
4. What information about Jack's former caddy, Lloyd Rennart, has Esperanza discovered?
5. What does Myron find out about the Squires family from Sheriff Courter in New Jersey?
6. What does Myron do to get Stuart Lipwitz to talk to him about whether Chad has stayed at the motel?
7. What nicknames does Myron come up with for the neo-Nazi and his cohorts?
8. How does the author show that Myron is afraid of commitment, both personally and professionally?
9. What is Myron's theory about the kidnapping at this point?
10. Who are Norm Zuckerman and Esme Fong?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Jack What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Myron, Linda, Chad, and Win. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)