|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jack and Linda's son?
2. What did the kidnapper do on the phone?
3. What surprises Myron as he watches the Coldrens' house?
4. What location does Myron revisit to ask more questions about Chad?
5. Who is Matt Squires?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Myron ask Esperanza to find regarding Lloyd Rennart?
2. What is Myron's relationship with Linda and how is it complicated by his being away from Jessica?
3. How does the author show that Myron is afraid of commitment, both personally and professionally?
4. How does Myron secure a meeting with Lloyd Rennart's widow?
5. Who is Stuart Lipwitz and how does Myron come in contact with him?
6. What conclusion does Myron come to regarding the kidnapping at this point?
7. Why does Linda Coldren tell Myron that they need his help?
8. What information about Jack's former caddy, Lloyd Rennart, has Esperanza discovered?
9. What does Francine tell Myron about Lloyd after Myron reveals who he really is?
10. What is Jack's history with the U.S. Open Tournament?
Essay Topic 1
Greed takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of greed. Identify at least two themes about greed in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the taboo of homosexuality that still existed at the time BACK SPIN was written in 1997. Compare and contrast homosexuality in America during the late 20th century to homosexuality in America today. What major changes have occurred, including both positive and negative?
This section contains 1,586 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)