|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the kidnapper's call traced to?
2. Who does Myron try to see at the beginning of Chapter 13?
3. What does Win do that bothers Myron?
4. At which golf course does Myron Bolitar watch the U.S. Open match?
5. What does Linda do when Myron suggests calling in the FBI?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Myron first get involved with Jack and Linda Coldren?
2. Who is Stuart Lipwitz and how does Myron come in contact with him?
3. How does the author show that Myron is afraid of commitment, both personally and professionally?
4. What are the circumstances of the second ransom call?
5. What information about Jack's former caddy, Lloyd Rennart, has Esperanza discovered?
6. What information are the girls at the mall able to give Myron about the man who made a call from the phone booth?
7. How does Myron finally get the information he wants about Chad being at the motel?
8. Who is Tad Crispin?
9. Why does Linda Coldren tell Myron that they need his help?
10. What is Jack's history with the U.S. Open Tournament?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of Chad's severed finger. What does it signify? What role does it play in the story? Why did the author choose this item?
Essay Topic 3
Greed takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)