|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the woman that Myron dates?
2. Who tells Myron to leave the motel premises?
3. Who does Win say may be joining them for dinner?
4. In what country did Lloyd Rennart kill himself?
5. What kind of car does Win drive into bad neighborhoods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What nicknames does Myron come up with for the neo-Nazi and his cohorts?
2. What information about Jack's former caddy, Lloyd Rennart, has Esperanza discovered?
3. Describe the circumstances of the next ransom call.
4. What does Myron find out about the Squires family from Sheriff Courter in New Jersey?
5. Summarize the plot of BACK SPIN.
6. Why does Linda Coldren tell Myron that they need his help?
7. How does the author show that Myron is afraid of commitment, both personally and professionally?
8. What are the circumstances of the second ransom call?
9. Who is the mysterious person who climbs out of Chad Coldren's bedroom window?
10. Explain how Myron goes about his investigation.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Jack What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Even though they are single and accomplished women, Esme and Esperanza seem very different. Compare and contrast Esme and Esperanza. What similarities do they share? How are they different?
Essay Topic 3
Greed takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)