|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jack and Linda's son?
2. Who is Myron's assistant?
3. What is Reginald Squires' criminal name?
4. Who does Win say may be joining them for dinner?
5. What is Myron's theory about the kidnapping at this point?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Myron first get involved with Jack and Linda Coldren?
2. How does Myron finally get the information he wants about Chad being at the motel?
3. Explain some of the activity that occurs as Myron watches the Coldrens' house.
4. How does the author show that Win is a troubled character?
5. What is Myron's relationship with Linda and how is it complicated by his being away from Jessica?
6. Why does Linda Coldren tell Myron that they need his help?
7. Explain how Myron goes about his investigation.
8. Why does Jack's partner Win refuse to help with the kidnapping investigation?
9. What nicknames does Myron come up with for the neo-Nazi and his cohorts?
10. What is Myron's theory about the kidnapping at this point?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Cissy Lockwood. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Cissy Lockwood's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Coben uses more than one instance of irony in the play. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Win. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)