|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Myron Bolitar's primary profession?
2. Where had Esme worked before coming to work for Norm?
3. Bucky talks to Myron about representing which golfers?
4. Which of the following is NOT true about Linda?
5. Who is Myron's assistant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Stuart Lipwitz and how does Myron come in contact with him?
2. How does Myron finally get the information he wants about Chad being at the motel?
3. What is Myron's relationship with Linda and how is it complicated by his being away from Jessica?
4. What nicknames does Myron come up with for the neo-Nazi and his cohorts?
5. How does the author show that Myron is afraid of commitment, both personally and professionally?
6. Explain some of the activity that occurs as Myron watches the Coldrens' house.
7. What does Myron do to get Stuart Lipwitz to talk to him about whether Chad has stayed at the motel?
8. Summarize the plot of BACK SPIN.
9. How does Jack respond the Myron's assertion that the motive for Chad's kidnapping could be to prevent Jack from winning the tournament?
10. What information about Jack's former caddy, Lloyd Rennart, has Esperanza discovered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Myron. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of greed. Identify at least two themes about greed in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
Coben uses more than one instance of irony in the play. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)