|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has the suspect been spotted?
2. Which of the following is NOT included in the girls' description of the man at the mall phone booth?
3. What location does Myron revisit to ask more questions about Chad?
4. Who is receptive to the idea that the kidnapping could be a hoax?
5. What surprises Myron as he watches the Coldrens' house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Win's opinion of Jack's ability to win the U.S. Open?
2. Who does Zoom sign on as spokespeople for their clothing lines?
3. What is Myron's theory about the kidnapping at this point?
4. What information is Myron able to find about the neo-Nazis who beat him up?
5. Who is Tad Crispin?
6. Who is Stuart Lipwitz and how does Myron come in contact with him?
7. Who is the mysterious person who climbs out of Chad Coldren's bedroom window?
8. What are the circumstances of the second ransom call?
9. Explain how Myron goes about his investigation.
10. How does Jack respond the Myron's assertion that the motive for Chad's kidnapping could be to prevent Jack from winning the tournament?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall setting for the novel. Why does Coben use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Cissy Lockwood. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Cissy Lockwood's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Myron, Linda, Chad, and Win. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)