|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does Win drive into bad neighborhoods?
2. Who is the elderly man who approaches Myron at the golf tournament?
3. Who is the woman that Myron dates?
4. Who arrives at the house early in the morning with news for Myron?
5. What beverage do both Myron and Win order at the clubhouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jack's history with the U.S. Open Tournament?
2. Explain how Myron goes about his investigation.
3. Who is the mysterious person who climbs out of Chad Coldren's bedroom window?
4. What information about Jack's former caddy, Lloyd Rennart, has Esperanza discovered?
5. Describe the circumstances of the next ransom call.
6. What is Myron's theory about the kidnapping at this point?
7. What nicknames does Myron come up with for the neo-Nazi and his cohorts?
8. What information are the girls at the mall able to give Myron about the man who made a call from the phone booth?
9. Explain some of the activity that occurs as Myron watches the Coldrens' house.
10. What is Myron's relationship with Linda and how is it complicated by his being away from Jessica?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book BACK SPIN? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Jack What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)