|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bucky talks to Myron about representing which golfers?
2. Who does Myron see Jack having an argument with?
3. Myron receives a call from _____________ about the suspect.
4. Who is Myron's assistant?
5. What is on the video tape that Win gives to Myron?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author show that Myron is afraid of commitment, both personally and professionally?
2. How does Jack respond the Myron's assertion that the motive for Chad's kidnapping could be to prevent Jack from winning the tournament?
3. Who is the mysterious person who climbs out of Chad Coldren's bedroom window?
4. Why does Linda Coldren tell Myron that they need his help?
5. What information are the girls at the mall able to give Myron about the man who made a call from the phone booth?
6. Describe the circumstances of the next ransom call.
7. How does the author show that Win is a troubled character?
8. Why does Jack's partner Win refuse to help with the kidnapping investigation?
9. What is Myron's relationship with Linda and how is it complicated by his being away from Jessica?
10. Explain how Myron goes about his investigation.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of greed. Identify at least two themes about greed in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall setting for the novel. Why does Coben use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)