|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jack's caddy?
2. What is in the package found in Linda's car?
3. What is Tad's profession?
4. Why does Tad want to hire Win?
5. Who does Win say may be joining them for dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Linda Coldren tell Myron that they need his help?
2. Who is Stuart Lipwitz and how does Myron come in contact with him?
3. How does Myron first get involved with Jack and Linda Coldren?
4. What information are the girls at the mall able to give Myron about the man who made a call from the phone booth?
5. What nicknames does Myron come up with for the neo-Nazi and his cohorts?
6. Describe the circumstances of the next ransom call.
7. How does the author show that Myron is afraid of commitment, both personally and professionally?
8. Who is the mysterious person who climbs out of Chad Coldren's bedroom window?
9. Who does Zoom sign on as spokespeople for their clothing lines?
10. What are the circumstances of the second ransom call?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Even though they are single and accomplished women, Esme and Esperanza seem very different. Compare and contrast Esme and Esperanza. What similarities do they share? How are they different?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall setting for the novel. Why does Coben use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)