|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jack's caddy?
2. What is the name of Win's financial services business?
3. Who is Myron's business partner?
4. What identifying mark did the man at the phone booth have?
5. How many years ago had Jack Coldren choked at the end of the U.S. Open Tournament?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jack's history with the U.S. Open Tournament?
2. Why does Jack's partner Win refuse to help with the kidnapping investigation?
3. How does Jack respond the Myron's assertion that the motive for Chad's kidnapping could be to prevent Jack from winning the tournament?
4. What information about Jack's former caddy, Lloyd Rennart, has Esperanza discovered?
5. What is Myron's theory about the kidnapping at this point?
6. How does Myron first get involved with Jack and Linda Coldren?
7. What does Myron find out about the Squires family from Sheriff Courter in New Jersey?
8. Who are Norm Zuckerman and Esme Fong?
9. Who does Zoom sign on as spokespeople for their clothing lines?
10. How does the author show that Win is a troubled character?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Coben uses more than one instance of irony in the play. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Jack What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Even though they are single and accomplished women, Esme and Esperanza seem very different. Compare and contrast Esme and Esperanza. What similarities do they share? How are they different?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)