|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the kidnapper do on the phone?
2. What is on the video tape that Win gives to Myron?
3. Which of the following is NOT true about Linda?
4. What topic does Jack talk to Myron about?
5. Who does Myron try to see at the beginning of Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information are the girls at the mall able to give Myron about the man who made a call from the phone booth?
2. Who is Stuart Lipwitz and how does Myron come in contact with him?
3. What is Jack's history with the U.S. Open Tournament?
4. What is Myron's theory about the kidnapping at this point?
5. What are the circumstances of the second ransom call?
6. Why does Linda Coldren tell Myron that they need his help?
7. Who is the mysterious person who climbs out of Chad Coldren's bedroom window?
8. Why does Jack's partner Win refuse to help with the kidnapping investigation?
9. Who does Zoom sign on as spokespeople for their clothing lines?
10. What information is Myron able to find about the neo-Nazis who beat him up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Myron, Linda, Chad, and Win. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall setting for the novel. Why does Coben use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)