|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does Esperanza find out about the car accident that killed Lloyd's first wife?
(a) It happened during perfect weather conditions.
(b) It was a head-on collision.
(c) It happened on icy roads.
(d) Another unnamed person was in the car.
2. What can Myron tell about the fight between Carl and Esperanza?
(a) It will end in serious injury.
(b) Someone will be killed.
(c) It never started.
(d) It is fake.
3. Why is Cissy adamant about seeing Win now?
(a) She wants to amend her will.
(b) She is moving to Europe?
(c) She is dying from cancer and wants to make peace.
(d) She wants to tell him about her new husband.
4. What is the name of the biker bar?
(a) Last Chance.
(c) Parker Inn.
(d) Parker Here.
5. What item does Myron find in Tito's truck?
(a) A cooler filled with Miller Lites.
(b) Chad's ring.
(c) A book about making bombs.
(d) A chain saw.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Linda's attorney?
2. Who is a suspect in Jack's murder?
3. Who does Myron suspect might have known about the affair with Esme and Chad?
4. What is the name of the cliff from which Lloyd Rennart jumped?
5. Where does Myron go at the beginning of Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information is Esperanza able to find on Lloyd Rennart?
2. What is the shocking news that Linda gives Jack when she phones him?
3. How does the author portray teenagers in the book?
4. What is Reginald's reaction when Myron tells him about Chad's kidnapping?
5. Describe the encounter Myron and Esperanza have with Reginald Squires, Carl, and some other thugs.
6. What does Linda tell Myron about what happened last night on the night of Jack's murder?
7. Where is Myron looking when he realizes that he has solved the crime?
8. How does Esme react when Myron confronts her about being involved with Chad?
9. Describe Esperanza's encounter in the biker bar.
10. What surprising information do Carl and the motel maid give to Myron?
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)