|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Jack and Linda once hire Diane Hoffman?
(a) To be a surrogate mother for them.
(b) To be their personal chef.
(c) To be Chad's tutor.
(d) To be a live-in maid.
2. Who is Linda's attorney?
(a) Melanie Brook.
(b) Amy Hall.
(d) Victoria Wilson.
3. Why is Cissy adamant about seeing Win now?
(a) She wants to tell him about her new husband.
(b) She wants to amend her will.
(c) She is moving to Europe?
(d) She is dying from cancer and wants to make peace.
4. What is Lloyd Rennart's widow's profession?
5. Who is the girl that tipped off Crusty?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Crusty's real name?
2. With whom has Tad been having an affair?
3. Which of the following is NOT true about the envelope in which Chad's finger was found?
4. Where does Myron go at the beginning of Chapter 19?
5. Which of the following does Esme NOT confirm about Lloyd Rennart?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Linda tell Myron about what happened last night on the night of Jack's murder?
2. Explain Esperanza's theory of the kidnapping.
3. Why is Linda a suspect in Jack's murder?
4. What is the shocking news that Linda gives Jack when she phones him?
5. What is the only situation in the book where the author changes point of view from Myron to another character?
6. How does Myron find Tito's house and unfortunately, Tito's dead body?
7. Explain why Tad has multiple motives in Jack's murder.
8. What true story does Chad tell after Myron protests that Chad is lying about his account of the kidnapping?
9. Describe the encounter between Myron and Win's mother, Cissy Lockwood.
10. How does Esme react when Myron confronts her about being involved with Chad?
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)