|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does Esperanza find out about the car accident that killed Lloyd's first wife?
(a) It was a head-on collision.
(b) It happened on icy roads.
(c) Another unnamed person was in the car.
(d) It happened during perfect weather conditions.
2. Who cut off Chad's finger?
3. Which of the following does Esme NOT confirm about Lloyd Rennart?
(a) He is alive and well and living in Peru.
(b) There is no record of his working.
(c) He bought his house outright with no mortgage.
(d) He paid cash for his bar.
4. Who calls Myron and needs to see him right away?
5. Tito and his gang come into the bar every night except _____________ and Saturday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Myron tell about the fight between Carl and Esperanza?
2. Who is the maid that Carl introduces to Myron?
3. Which of the following does Reginald Squires NOT say to Myron?
4. Which of the following does NOT go to the biker bar?
5. The mention of ________ makes Esme seem wary.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the only situation in the book where the author changes point of view from Myron to another character?
2. What information is Esperanza able to find on Lloyd Rennart?
3. What is Esme's explanation of the affair with Chad?
4. Describe the encounter between Myron and Win's mother, Cissy Lockwood.
5. How does Esme react when Myron confronts her about being involved with Chad?
6. Why does Myron not call the police after he discovers Tito's dead body?
7. What information does Myron ask Esperanza to find regarding Lloyd Rennart?
8. What surprising information do Carl and the motel maid give to Myron?
9. Describe Esperanza's encounter in the biker bar.
10. What true story does Chad tell after Myron protests that Chad is lying about his account of the kidnapping?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)