|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom has Tad been having an affair?
2. Who does Reginald say was the person who climbed out of Chad's bedroom window?
3. What is Myron curious about regarding Lloyd?
(a) Why he never married.
(b) Where his first wife is.
(c) What he was doing in Boston.
(d) Where he got all his money.
4. Why did Esme kidnap Chad?
(a) To get a huge chunk of money.
(b) To get back at Linda for marrying Jack.
(c) To get publicity for Jack and Linda.
(d) To throw Jack off his golf game.
5. What item does Myron find in Tito's truck?
(a) A cooler filled with Miller Lites.
(b) A book about making bombs.
(c) Chad's ring.
(d) A chain saw.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the cliff from which Lloyd Rennart jumped?
2. Who does Diane, Jack's caddy, believe is behind the kidnapping and murder?
3. Which of the following does Myron NOT find among Lloyd Rennart's personal effects?
4. Tito and his gang come into the bar every night except _____________ and Saturday.
5. Who calls Myron and needs to see him right away?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author portray teenagers in the book?
2. What surprising information does Linda reveal about being Chad's mother.
3. What is the shocking news that Linda gives Jack when she phones him?
4. What surprising information do Carl and the motel maid give to Myron?
5. How does Myron secure a meeting with Lloyd Rennart's widow?
6. What is Reginald's reaction when Myron tells him about Chad's kidnapping?
7. Describe the encounter between Myron and Win's mother, Cissy Lockwood.
8. Explain Esperanza's theory of the kidnapping.
9. What information is Esperanza able to find on Lloyd Rennart?
10. Why is Linda a suspect in Jack's murder?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)