|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The mention of ________ makes Esme seem wary.
2. What is the location where Jack was shot?
(a) The quarry on the 16th hole at the gold course.
(b) In his bed.
(c) Behind a bar.
(d) In his car.
3. Who is Myron's receptionist?
(a) Big Betty.
(b) Big Cyndi.
(c) Cyndi Lou.
(d) Cynda Shane.
4. Who is the black man who accosts Myron and Esperanza?
5. What is significant about the location where Jack was shot?
(a) It is a very personal crime.
(b) It is where he lost his lead in the U.S. Open 23 years ago.
(c) It is sexually related.
(d) It implicates him in Chad's kidnapping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Myron learn when he arrives at Linda's house?
2. Who calls Myron and needs to see him right away?
3. What happened years ago that makes Win avoid his mother?
4. Why is Cissy adamant about seeing Win now?
5. Linda says they once received ____________ from Peru.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Francine tell Myron about Lloyd after Myron reveals who he really is?
2. What information is Esperanza able to find on Lloyd Rennart?
3. Why does Myron not call the police after he discovers Tito's dead body?
4. How does the author portray teenagers in the book?
5. What does Linda tell Myron about what happened last night on the night of Jack's murder?
6. Describe the encounter Myron and Esperanza have with Reginald Squires, Carl, and some other thugs.
7. What motive would Norm have had to kill Jack and kidnap Chad?
8. Why is Linda a suspect in Jack's murder?
9. Explain why Tad has multiple motives in Jack's murder.
10. How does Myron find Tito's house and unfortunately, Tito's dead body?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)