|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the black man who accosts Myron and Esperanza?
2. Who has won the U.S. Open?
3. What is Tito's condition when Myron finds him?
(a) Bound with duct tape.
(b) Shot dead.
(c) Shot and seriously wounded.
(d) Burned to death in a fire.
4. Who is Myron's receptionist?
(a) Cyndi Lou.
(b) Big Betty.
(c) Cynda Shane.
(d) Big Cyndi.
5. Why does Myron call Francine Rennart again?
(a) To commission a painting.
(b) To ask her out to dinner.
(c) For help in finding the person who paid off Lloyd.
(d) To interview her for another story.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom has Tad been having an affair?
2. Which of the following does Myron NOT find among Lloyd Rennart's personal effects?
3. What startling confession does Linda make to Myron?
4. How much money does Esperanza give the bartender for information about Tito?
5. Who does Reginald say was the person who climbed out of Chad's bedroom window?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Esme react when Myron confronts her about being involved with Chad?
2. How does Myron find Tito's house and unfortunately, Tito's dead body?
3. What does Francine tell Myron about Lloyd after Myron reveals who he really is?
4. What is Esme's explanation of the affair with Chad?
5. What does Myron tell Victoria and Linda about Lloyd Rennart?
6. What information does Myron ask Esperanza to find regarding Lloyd Rennart?
7. What is the only situation in the book where the author changes point of view from Myron to another character?
8. What is the shocking news that Linda gives Jack when she phones him?
9. Explain why Tad has multiple motives in Jack's murder.
10. How does Myron secure a meeting with Lloyd Rennart's widow?
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)