|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cut off Chad's finger?
2. Which of the following does Myron not do to Escape?
(a) Warns him not to leave.
(b) Unties him.
(c) Shoots him twice in the head.
(d) Threatens him with torture and death.
3. Who is Lloyd Rennart's widow?
4. Who benefits most from Jack's death?
5. What was Carl's former profession?
(b) Professional wrestler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the murder weapon that the police have found?
2. Who is Linda's attorney?
3. What secret does Norm need to keep?
4. Who is the black man who accosts Myron and Esperanza?
5. Who calls Myron and needs to see him right away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the encounter Myron and Esperanza have with Reginald Squires, Carl, and some other thugs.
2. What motive would Norm have had to kill Jack and kidnap Chad?
3. Explain why Tad has multiple motives in Jack's murder.
4. How does the author portray teenagers in the book?
5. What information is Esperanza able to find on Lloyd Rennart?
6. What conclusion does Myron come to regarding the kidnapping at this point?
7. How does Esme react when Myron confronts her about being involved with Chad?
8. What surprising information does Linda reveal about being Chad's mother.
9. What surprising information do Carl and the motel maid give to Myron?
10. Describe the encounter between Myron and Win's mother, Cissy Lockwood.
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)