|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Myron tell about the fight between Carl and Esperanza?
(a) It will end in serious injury.
(b) It never started.
(c) It is fake.
(d) Someone will be killed.
2. What is Myron curious about regarding Lloyd?
(a) Why he never married.
(b) Where his first wife is.
(c) What he was doing in Boston.
(d) Where he got all his money.
3. What do the police find as the weapon that killed Tito?
(c) Hunting knife.
4. What was Carl's former profession?
(c) Professional wrestler.
5. Who now thinks that the kidnapping was a hoax?
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocks Myron when he is looking through Lloyd Rennart's personal effects?
2. How much money does Esperanza give the bartender for information about Tito?
3. Who does Myron deduce was the man with Jack at the motel?
4. With whom does Chad spend the night at the hotel?
5. Why did Esme kidnap Chad?
Short Essay Questions
1. What motive would Norm have had to kill Jack and kidnap Chad?
2. What surprising information does Linda reveal about being Chad's mother.
3. Why is Linda a suspect in Jack's murder?
4. Explain why Tad has multiple motives in Jack's murder.
5. Describe Esperanza's encounter in the biker bar.
6. Describe the encounter between Myron and Win's mother, Cissy Lockwood.
7. How does the author portray teenagers in the book?
8. What is the shocking news that Linda gives Jack when she phones him?
9. How does Esme react when Myron confronts her about being involved with Chad?
10. What information is Esperanza able to find on Lloyd Rennart?
This section contains 1,121 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)