|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Myron suspect might have known about the affair with Esme and Chad?
2. Who now thinks that the kidnapping was a hoax?
3. How long had it been since Esme claims to have seen Chad?
(a) A couple years ago.
(c) A couple of days.
(d) She doesn't know Chad.
4. Which of the following does Chad NOT say happened to him when he was kidnapped?
(a) A bag was put over his head.
(b) He was driven off in a car.
(c) He knew his kidnappers.
(d) He was tied up.
5. What item does Myron find in Tito's truck?
(a) A cooler filled with Miller Lites.
(b) A chain saw.
(c) Chad's ring.
(d) A book about making bombs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the murder weapon that the police have found?
2. What is the location where Jack was shot?
3. What does Francine give Myron permission to go through?
4. Who does Reginald say was the person who climbed out of Chad's bedroom window?
5. Why did Jack and Linda once hire Diane Hoffman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprising information does Linda reveal about being Chad's mother.
2. What information does Matt give Myron about Chad's affair and his own activities related to the kidnapping?
3. Describe the encounter Myron and Esperanza have with Reginald Squires, Carl, and some other thugs.
4. Why does Myron not call the police after he discovers Tito's dead body?
5. What true story does Chad tell after Myron protests that Chad is lying about his account of the kidnapping?
6. What is the shocking news that Linda gives Jack when she phones him?
7. What information is Esperanza able to find on Lloyd Rennart?
8. How does the author portray teenagers in the book?
9. How do the mall girls lead Myron to a clue about the neo-Nazi who beat him up?
10. What motive would Norm have had to kill Jack and kidnap Chad?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)