|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car does Win drive into bad neighborhoods?
2. What TV program is Esperanza watching when Myron returns to the guest house?
(a) Wheel of Fortune.
(d) Law & Order.
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Win's personality?
4. Myron calls Sheriff Jack Courter in the state of _________________ to ask about the Squire family.
(b) New Jersey.
(c) New York.
5. Who is the Marketing VP for the women's golf clothing line?
(a) Esme Foust.
(b) Esme Fong.
(c) Emma Fong.
(d) Emily Fong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Myron's assistant?
2. Who does Jack blame for his losing the U.S. Open years ago?
3. What are Myron's plans for the kidnapper's calls?
4. What beverage do both Myron and Win order at the clubhouse?
5. What does Linda Coldren reveal to Myron?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the plot of BACK SPIN.
2. Describe the circumstances of the next ransom call.
3. Why does Jack's partner Win refuse to help with the kidnapping investigation?
4. How does Myron finally get the information he wants about Chad being at the motel?
5. How does Jack respond the Myron's assertion that the motive for Chad's kidnapping could be to prevent Jack from winning the tournament?
6. How does the author show that Myron is afraid of commitment, both personally and professionally?
7. What is Myron's relationship with Linda and how is it complicated by his being away from Jessica?
8. What does Myron find out about the Squires family from Sheriff Courter in New Jersey?
9. What information is Myron able to find about the neo-Nazis who beat him up?
10. Who does Zoom sign on as spokespeople for their clothing lines?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)