|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linda Coldren reveal to Myron?
(a) Her son has been kidnapped.
(b) She wants an endorsement deal.
(c) She is retiring from golf.
(d) She needs a new PR firm.
2. What amount of "penalty" does the kidnapper demand because Esme is in the house?
3. Who used to be Jack's caddy over twenty years ago?
(a) Larry Rennart.
(b) Lloyd Pennant.
(c) Larry Rehmert.
(d) Lloyd Rennart.
4. What is in the package found in Linda's car?
(a) A bomb.
(b) A severed ear.
(c) A hat.
(d) A severed finger.
5. Who is Myron's business partner?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at the house early in the morning with news for Myron?
2. Who is the Marketing VP for the women's golf clothing line?
3. How old is Jack and Linda's son?
4. Who is Win's estranged mother?
5. Why can Myron not see Matthew?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Win's opinion of Jack's ability to win the U.S. Open?
2. What does Myron do to get Stuart Lipwitz to talk to him about whether Chad has stayed at the motel?
3. Explain some of the activity that occurs as Myron watches the Coldrens' house.
4. What is Myron's theory about the kidnapping at this point?
5. Who is Stuart Lipwitz and how does Myron come in contact with him?
6. How does the author show that Myron is afraid of commitment, both personally and professionally?
7. Summarize the plot of BACK SPIN.
8. What information is Myron able to find about the neo-Nazis who beat him up?
9. Explain how Myron goes about his investigation.
10. Why does Jack's partner Win refuse to help with the kidnapping investigation?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)