|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Myron speculate could be a reason for the kidnapping?
(a) To hurt Linda for having an affair.
(b) To get back at Chad for being a bully.
(c) To stop Jack from winning the U.S. Open.
(d) To gain publicity for their organization.
2. Who is the Marketing VP for the women's golf clothing line?
(a) Esme Fong.
(b) Esme Foust.
(c) Emily Fong.
(d) Emma Fong.
3. Who used to be Jack's caddy over twenty years ago?
(a) Lloyd Pennant.
(b) Larry Rehmert.
(c) Lloyd Rennart.
(d) Larry Rennart.
4. Where was the kidnapper's call traced to?
(a) Taco Bell.
(b) Grand Mercado Mall.
(c) Court Manor Inn.
(d) Blockbuster Video.
5. Who is the manager of the sleazy motel that Myron investigates?
(a) Stuart Lebowski.
(b) Sid Moritz.
(c) Stanley Kowalski.
(d) Stuart Lipwitz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Myron receives a call from _____________ about the suspect.
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Win's personality?
3. What beverage does Myron drink while Win drinks brandy?
4. What amount of "penalty" does the kidnapper demand because Esme is in the house?
5. What does Linda do when Myron suggests calling in the FBI?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jack's history with the U.S. Open Tournament?
2. What is Myron's relationship with Linda and how is it complicated by his being away from Jessica?
3. What is Win's opinion of Jack's ability to win the U.S. Open?
4. What are the circumstances of the second ransom call?
5. What nicknames does Myron come up with for the neo-Nazi and his cohorts?
6. What does Myron do to get Stuart Lipwitz to talk to him about whether Chad has stayed at the motel?
7. What information are the girls at the mall able to give Myron about the man who made a call from the phone booth?
8. How does the author show that Myron is afraid of commitment, both personally and professionally?
9. Who is Tad Crispin?
10. How does Jack respond the Myron's assertion that the motive for Chad's kidnapping could be to prevent Jack from winning the tournament?
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)