|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Myron try to see at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(b) Matthew Squires.
(d) His ex wife.
2. Myron receives a call from _____________ about the suspect.
(c) one of the mall girls.
(d) Stuart Lipwitz.
3. Which of the following is NOT true about Linda?
(a) She has mother's guilt about balancing time for her career and her son.
(b) She took two years off her golf career after Chad was born.
(c) She wants to call off the kidnapping investigation.
(d) She traveled with Chad and a nanny for a year while playing golf.
4. What is Myron's theory about the kidnapping at this point?
(a) Linda's lover is toying with Jack.
(b) Chad is trying to get his father's attention.
(c) He doesn't have one.
(d) Jack's competitors are playing mind games with him.
5. How does Myron try to blackmail Stuart Lipwitz?
(a) Calls a newspaper reporter about Stuart's Mafia ties.
(b) Sends incriminating photos of Stuart to his wife.
(c) Calls the police on Stuart's drug ring.
(d) Takes pictures of everyone going into the motel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is playing against Jack when Myron shows up at the Merion Golf Club?
2. Why can Myron not see Matthew?
3. Where did the kidnappers call Jack?
4. Which of the following is NOT included in the girls' description of the man at the mall phone booth?
5. How does Lloyd Rennart kill himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Myron do to get Stuart Lipwitz to talk to him about whether Chad has stayed at the motel?
2. How do Myron's emotions tend to cloud his judgment?
3. Explain some of the activity that occurs as Myron watches the Coldrens' house.
4. Describe the circumstances of the next ransom call.
5. Who is Stuart Lipwitz and how does Myron come in contact with him?
6. What information about Jack's former caddy, Lloyd Rennart, has Esperanza discovered?
7. Explain how Myron goes about his investigation.
8. What information are the girls at the mall able to give Myron about the man who made a call from the phone booth?
9. What is Jack's history with the U.S. Open Tournament?
10. What information is Myron able to find about the neo-Nazis who beat him up?
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)