|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the kidnapper do on the phone?
(a) Disguised his voice.
(b) Demanded asylum.
(c) Demanded money.
(d) Demanded publicity.
2. Who is the woman that Myron dates?
(a) Jessica Culver.
(b) Carrie Jameson.
(c) Carly Johnson.
(d) Jamie Culver.
3. What is the name of the sleazy motel where Myron investigates?
(a) Bayside Motel.
(b) No-Tel Motel.
(c) Court Manor Inn.
(d) Valley View Inn.
4. Myron calls Sheriff Jack Courter in the state of _________________ to ask about the Squire family.
(a) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
5. Who does Jack blame for his losing the U.S. Open years ago?
(a) His caddy.
(c) His wife.
(d) His agent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who used to be Jack's caddy over twenty years ago?
2. How old is Jack and Linda's son?
3. What is Reginald Squires' criminal name?
4. Who does Win say may be joining them for dinner?
5. What relation is Win to Linda Coldren?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Tad Crispin?
2. Who are Norm Zuckerman and Esme Fong?
3. How do Myron's emotions tend to cloud his judgment?
4. Describe the circumstances of the next ransom call.
5. What nicknames does Myron come up with for the neo-Nazi and his cohorts?
6. Who is the mysterious person who climbs out of Chad Coldren's bedroom window?
7. How does the author show that Win is a troubled character?
8. What is Jack's history with the U.S. Open Tournament?
9. Why does Linda Coldren tell Myron that they need his help?
10. How does Myron first get involved with Jack and Linda Coldren?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)