|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first clue Myron gets related to Chad's disappearance?
(a) The use of Chad's ATM card.
(b) Chad's jacket found in the bus station.
(c) Chad's cell phone records.
(d) Chad's car found in a mall parking lot.
2. Who is the manager of the sleazy motel that Myron investigates?
(a) Stuart Lipwitz.
(b) Stuart Lebowski.
(c) Sid Moritz.
(d) Stanley Kowalski.
3. Who is the elderly man who approaches Myron at the golf tournament?
(a) Stone "Bucky" Buckwell.
(b) Sam "Toad" Tollinger.
(c) Ervin "The Vine" McKinney.
(d) Marvin "Marty" Buckwell.
4. Who arrives at the house early in the morning with news for Myron?
5. In what country did Lloyd Rennart kill himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jack blame for his losing the U.S. Open years ago?
2. What is on the truck the suspect climbs into?
3. What does Win do that bothers Myron?
4. Where was the kidnapper's call traced to?
5. Who is Myron's business partner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Myron find out about the Squires family from Sheriff Courter in New Jersey?
2. How does Myron first get involved with Jack and Linda Coldren?
3. How does the author show that Myron is afraid of commitment, both personally and professionally?
4. What is Jack's history with the U.S. Open Tournament?
5. What is Myron's relationship with Linda and how is it complicated by his being away from Jessica?
6. What is Myron's theory about the kidnapping at this point?
7. Who does Zoom sign on as spokespeople for their clothing lines?
8. What information are the girls at the mall able to give Myron about the man who made a call from the phone booth?
9. What are the circumstances of the second ransom call?
10. Who are Norm Zuckerman and Esme Fong?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)