|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is receptive to the idea that the kidnapping could be a hoax?
2. Who is Myron's business partner?
3. What does Win do that bothers Myron?
(a) Does illegal drugs.
(b) Prowls at nighttime.
(c) Races cars.
(d) Has a prostitute every night.
4. What is the name of Norm's golf clothing line?
5. Which of the following is NOT true about Linda?
(a) She has mother's guilt about balancing time for her career and her son.
(b) She wants to call off the kidnapping investigation.
(c) She traveled with Chad and a nanny for a year while playing golf.
(d) She took two years off her golf career after Chad was born.
Short Answer Questions
1. Linda recognizes Myron's name as being a former ___________ player.
2. Where has Norm recently purchased some advertising for his business?
3. Who is Myron's assistant?
4. What is Myron Bolitar's primary profession?
5. What is the first clue Myron gets related to Chad's disappearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Reginald's reaction when Myron tells him about Chad's kidnapping?
2. What is Jack's history with the U.S. Open Tournament?
3. How does the author show that Win is a troubled character?
4. Explain why Tad has multiple motives in Jack's murder.
5. What does Myron find out about the Squires family from Sheriff Courter in New Jersey?
6. Why does Myron not call the police after he discovers Tito's dead body?
7. Who are Norm Zuckerman and Esme Fong?
8. What is Esme's real motive for kidnapping Chad and how did Myron figure it out?
9. What is the only situation in the book where the author changes point of view from Myron to another character?
10. What information are the girls at the mall able to give Myron about the man who made a call from the phone booth?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)