|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years ago had Jack Coldren choked at the end of the U.S. Open Tournament?
2. What does Linda reveal is the state of her relationship with Jack?
(a) It is unbreakable.
(b) It is nonexistent.
(c) It is distant.
(d) It is warm.
3. What amount of "penalty" does the kidnapper demand because Esme is in the house?
4. Who is playing against Jack when Myron shows up at the Merion Golf Club?
(a) Tad Crispin.
(c) Matthew Squires.
(d) Greg Norman.
5. What relation is Win to Linda Coldren?
Short Answer Questions
1. At which golf course does Myron Bolitar watch the U.S. Open match?
2. Who does Jack blame for his losing the U.S. Open years ago?
3. Who is receptive to the idea that the kidnapping could be a hoax?
4. How does Lloyd Rennart kill himself?
5. What is the name of Norm's golf clothing line?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Tad Crispin?
2. Why does Linda Coldren tell Myron that they need his help?
3. Explain some of the activity that occurs as Myron watches the Coldrens' house.
4. Who is the mysterious person who climbs out of Chad Coldren's bedroom window?
5. How does Myron first get involved with Jack and Linda Coldren?
6. Why does Jack's partner Win refuse to help with the kidnapping investigation?
7. Who does Zoom sign on as spokespeople for their clothing lines?
8. What is Jack's history with the U.S. Open Tournament?
9. Describe the circumstances of the next ransom call.
10. Summarize the plot of BACK SPIN.
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)