|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Matt Squires?
(a) Chad's friend.
(b) Myron's nephew.
(c) Jack's caddy.
(d) Linda's tennis coach.
2. Which of the following is NOT true about Esperanza?
(a) She has graduated Law School.
(b) She is going to Med School.
(c) She wants her own office.
(d) She wants to be a partner in the firm.
3. What did the kidnapper do on the phone?
(a) Demanded publicity.
(b) Demanded asylum.
(c) Disguised his voice.
(d) Demanded money.
4. What does Linda Coldren reveal to Myron?
(a) She needs a new PR firm.
(b) Her son has been kidnapped.
(c) She wants an endorsement deal.
(d) She is retiring from golf.
5. What is on the truck the suspect climbs into?
(a) A Wal-Mart sticker.
(b) A Confederate flag decal.
(c) A Nazi swastika decal.
(d) A Bart Simpson decal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the manager of the sleazy motel that Myron investigates?
2. Who does Myron meet for dinner at the Merion clubhouse?
3. Myron receives a call from _____________ about the suspect.
4. Linda recognizes Myron's name as being a former ___________ player.
5. What does Win do that bothers Myron?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Myron first get involved with Jack and Linda Coldren?
2. Where is Myron looking when he realizes that he has solved the crime?
3. Why does Linda Coldren tell Myron that they need his help?
4. Why is Linda a suspect in Jack's murder?
5. What is Esme's explanation of the affair with Chad?
6. What is the shocking news that Linda gives Jack when she phones him?
7. What is Win's opinion of Jack's ability to win the U.S. Open?
8. What does Linda tell Myron about what happened last night on the night of Jack's murder?
9. What is Esme's real motive for kidnapping Chad and how did Myron figure it out?
10. How does the author show that Win is a troubled character?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)