|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the kidnapper's call end?
(a) With directions on who should answer the next call.
(b) With threats about the police being involved.
(c) With Chad's scream.
(d) With directions for a money drop.
2. What does Linda Coldren reveal to Myron?
(a) Her son has been kidnapped.
(b) She needs a new PR firm.
(c) She is retiring from golf.
(d) She wants an endorsement deal.
3. How does Myron try to blackmail Stuart Lipwitz?
(a) Calls the police on Stuart's drug ring.
(b) Takes pictures of everyone going into the motel.
(c) Sends incriminating photos of Stuart to his wife.
(d) Calls a newspaper reporter about Stuart's Mafia ties.
4. What location does Myron revisit to ask more questions about Chad?
(a) Merion Library.
(b) Natural History Museum.
(c) Glendale Mall.
(d) Court Manor Inn.
5. Where has Norm recently purchased some advertising for his business?
(a) On golf balls.
(b) Online banner ads.
(c) On a golf bag.
(d) On billboards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Win's financial services business?
2. What does Win do that bothers Myron?
3. What type of business does Norm Zuckerman head?
4. What is the name of the sleazy motel where Myron investigates?
5. About whom does the kidnapper make a derogatory racial comment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Stuart Lipwitz and how does Myron come in contact with him?
2. How does the author show that Myron is afraid of commitment, both personally and professionally?
3. What information is Myron able to find about the neo-Nazis who beat him up?
4. Who is Tad Crispin?
5. How does the author show that Win is a troubled character?
6. How do Myron's emotions tend to cloud his judgment?
7. What is Jack's history with the U.S. Open Tournament?
8. What nicknames does Myron come up with for the neo-Nazi and his cohorts?
9. Explain how Myron goes about his investigation.
10. Why does Jack's partner Win refuse to help with the kidnapping investigation?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)