|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jack and Linda's son?
2. What did the kidnapper do on the phone?
(a) Demanded publicity.
(b) Demanded money.
(c) Demanded asylum.
(d) Disguised his voice.
3. What surprises Myron as he watches the Coldrens' house?
(a) Someone climbs out of Chad's bedroom window.
(b) The sprinklers go on and soak him.
(c) Two police cars drive up with lights flashing.
(d) A stripper arrives at the door.
4. What location does Myron revisit to ask more questions about Chad?
(a) Court Manor Inn.
(b) Glendale Mall.
(c) Merion Library.
(d) Natural History Museum.
5. Who is Matt Squires?
(a) Myron's nephew.
(b) Jack's caddy.
(c) Chad's friend.
(d) Linda's tennis coach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the dead end road where Myron finds himself?
2. How does the kidnapper's call end?
3. Who does Jack blame for his losing the U.S. Open years ago?
4. What is the name of the sleazy motel where Myron investigates?
5. What does Myron speculate could be a reason for the kidnapping?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Myron ask Esperanza to find regarding Lloyd Rennart?
2. What is Myron's relationship with Linda and how is it complicated by his being away from Jessica?
3. How does the author show that Myron is afraid of commitment, both personally and professionally?
4. How does Myron secure a meeting with Lloyd Rennart's widow?
5. Who is Stuart Lipwitz and how does Myron come in contact with him?
6. What conclusion does Myron come to regarding the kidnapping at this point?
7. Why does Linda Coldren tell Myron that they need his help?
8. What information about Jack's former caddy, Lloyd Rennart, has Esperanza discovered?
9. What does Francine tell Myron about Lloyd after Myron reveals who he really is?
10. What is Jack's history with the U.S. Open Tournament?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)