|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Jack and Linda once hire Diane Hoffman?
(a) To be a surrogate mother for them.
(b) To be a live-in maid.
(c) To be their personal chef.
(d) To be Chad's tutor.
2. As what does Myron pose when he visits Lloyd Rennart's widow?
(c) IRS Auditor.
(d) Newspaper art reporter.
3. What does Francine give Myron permission to go through?
(a) Boxes of Lloyd's personal effects.
(b) Lloyd's tax returns.
(c) Francine's photo albums.
(d) Lloyd's bank records.
4. Who is the girl that tipped off Crusty?
5. Who comes to see Myron at the beginning of Chapter 25?
(c) Two policemen.
6. Who has won the U.S. Open?
7. Which of the following is NOT true about the envelope in which Chad's finger was found?
(a) The writing cannot be identified as Linda's.
(b) It is the same type that Linda had recently purchased.
(c) It is addressed to Myron.
(d) The ink is from the same type of pen that Linda recently purchased.
8. Which of the following does Myron not do to Escape?
(a) Warns him not to leave.
(b) Unties him.
(c) Threatens him with torture and death.
(d) Shoots him twice in the head.
9. Which of the following does Chad NOT say happened to him when he was kidnapped?
(a) He was tied up.
(b) He was driven off in a car.
(c) A bag was put over his head.
(d) He knew his kidnappers.
10. What can Myron tell about the fight between Carl and Esperanza?
(a) It never started.
(b) It is fake.
(c) It will end in serious injury.
(d) Someone will be killed.
11. Where was Lloyd Rennart's body found?
(a) In a deep ravine.
(b) On the side of a hill.
(c) It has not been found.
(d) Downstream in Peru.
12. What is significant about the location where Jack was shot?
(a) It is a very personal crime.
(b) It is sexually related.
(c) It implicates him in Chad's kidnapping.
(d) It is where he lost his lead in the U.S. Open 23 years ago.
13. What item does Myron find in Tito's truck?
(a) A cooler filled with Miller Lites.
(b) A chain saw.
(c) Chad's ring.
(d) A book about making bombs.
14. Where does Carl order Myron to drive?
(a) Myron's hotel.
(b) Merion Golf Club.
(c) Reginald Squires' house.
(d) Court Manor Inn.
15. Who cut off Chad's finger?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Myron curious about regarding Lloyd?
2. Who does Myron deduce was the man with Jack at the motel?
3. What was Esperanza's former profession?
4. What does Myron pretend to be with the girls at the mall?
5. What shocks Myron when he is looking through Lloyd Rennart's personal effects?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)