|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The mention of ________ makes Esme seem wary.
2. What does Myron say is the loose end in the case?
(a) The ransom money.
(b) Crusty's truck.
(c) Chad's ATM card.
(d) Crusty's accomplice.
3. What is Crusty's real name?
4. What does Myron have a tendency to do when he is nervous?
(a) Make jokes.
(d) Wring his hands.
5. What secret does Norm need to keep?
(a) He is having an affair.
(b) He is gay.
(c) He is a criminal.
(d) He has cancer.
6. Who has won the U.S. Open?
7. With whom does Chad spend the night at the hotel?
8. What does Myron think is the source of Jack's erratic playing today?
(a) A fight with Linda.
(b) A ransom call on his cell phone.
(c) Chad's severed finger.
(d) An impending thunderstorm.
9. Tito and his gang come into the bar every night except _____________ and Saturday.
10. Why did Jack and Linda once hire Diane Hoffman?
(a) To be Chad's tutor.
(b) To be their personal chef.
(c) To be a live-in maid.
(d) To be a surrogate mother for them.
11. Which of the following does Myron NOT find among Lloyd Rennart's personal effects?
(a) Army photo.
(b) College yearbook.
(c) Golf trophies.
12. With whom has Tad been having an affair?
13. Where does Myron go at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) The food court at the mall.
(b) The coffee shop.
(c) The barber shop.
(d) The police station.
14. Which of the following is NOT a suspect in Jack's murder?
15. Who is Linda's attorney?
(a) Amy Hall.
(b) Melanie Brook.
(c) Victoria Wilson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Linda says they once received ____________ from Peru.
2. What is Tito's condition when Myron finds him?
3. Which of the following does Myron not do to Escape?
4. What does Francine give Myron permission to go through?
5. Why is Chad taken to the doctor?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)