|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linda do when Myron catches her attention outside her house and asks for more information?
(a) She calls the police.
(b) She meets him in the bushes.
(c) She runs into the house.
(d) She invites him into the house.
2. Who cut off Chad's finger?
3. What is the murder weapon that the police have found?
(c) Hunting knife.
4. What does Myron think is the source of Jack's erratic playing today?
(a) Chad's severed finger.
(b) A ransom call on his cell phone.
(c) A fight with Linda.
(d) An impending thunderstorm.
5. What is significant about the location where Jack was shot?
(a) It implicates him in Chad's kidnapping.
(b) It is a very personal crime.
(c) It is sexually related.
(d) It is where he lost his lead in the U.S. Open 23 years ago.
6. Which of the following does NOT describe the man with Jack at the motel?
(c) Dark hair.
7. Who is a suspect in Jack's murder?
8. What happened years ago that makes Win avoid his mother?
(a) She humiliated him in front of the whole school.
(b) He found out he was adopted.
(c) He saw her having sex with his riding instructor.
(d) She abused him.
9. Why did Esme kidnap Chad?
(a) To throw Jack off his golf game.
(b) To get publicity for Jack and Linda.
(c) To get back at Linda for marrying Jack.
(d) To get a huge chunk of money.
10. Which of the following is NOT a suspect in Jack's murder?
11. What is Myron curious about regarding Lloyd?
(a) Why he never married.
(b) Where his first wife is.
(c) What he was doing in Boston.
(d) Where he got all his money.
12. Who does Reginald say that Matt saw looking at Chad's car in the parking lot of the Court Manor Inn?
13. Who is Lloyd Rennart's widow?
14. Who is Linda's attorney?
(a) Melanie Brook.
(b) Victoria Wilson.
(c) Amy Hall.
15. Who comes to see Myron at the beginning of Chapter 25?
(b) Two policemen.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Chad spend the night at the hotel?
2. Why is Chad taken to the doctor?
3. Tito and his gang come into the bar every night except _____________ and Saturday.
4. What does Esme claim Chad was doing the last time she saw him?
5. What is the name of the cliff from which Lloyd Rennart jumped?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)