|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocks Myron when he is looking through Lloyd Rennart's personal effects?
(a) A magazine article.
(b) A newspaper clipping.
(c) A sculpture.
(d) A wedding album photo.
2. How much money does Esperanza give the bartender for information about Tito?
3. Which of the following does Myron not do to Escape?
(a) Unties him.
(b) Warns him not to leave.
(c) Threatens him with torture and death.
(d) Shoots him twice in the head.
4. Who is Myron's receptionist?
(a) Big Betty.
(b) Cyndi Lou.
(c) Big Cyndi.
(d) Cynda Shane.
5. The mention of ________ makes Esme seem wary.
6. Why did Esme kidnap Chad?
(a) To get publicity for Jack and Linda.
(b) To get a huge chunk of money.
(c) To throw Jack off his golf game.
(d) To get back at Linda for marrying Jack.
7. What does Francine give Myron permission to go through?
(a) Lloyd's tax returns.
(b) Francine's photo albums.
(c) Boxes of Lloyd's personal effects.
(d) Lloyd's bank records.
8. What does Esme claim Chad was doing the last time she saw him?
(b) Playing baseball.
(d) Watching TV.
9. Who has won the U.S. Open?
10. Which of the following does NOT describe the man with Jack at the motel?
(d) Dark hair.
11. Who does Reginald say that Matt saw looking at Chad's car in the parking lot of the Court Manor Inn?
12. Why does Myron call Francine Rennart again?
(a) To ask her out to dinner.
(b) To commission a painting.
(c) To interview her for another story.
(d) For help in finding the person who paid off Lloyd.
13. Which of the following does Chad NOT say happened to him when he was kidnapped?
(a) He was tied up.
(b) A bag was put over his head.
(c) He was driven off in a car.
(d) He knew his kidnappers.
14. What is significant about the location where Jack was shot?
(a) It is a very personal crime.
(b) It is where he lost his lead in the U.S. Open 23 years ago.
(c) It is sexually related.
(d) It implicates him in Chad's kidnapping.
15. Who does Diane, Jack's caddy, believe is behind the kidnapping and murder?
Short Answer Questions
1. As what does Myron pose when he visits Lloyd Rennart's widow?
2. Why is Cissy adamant about seeing Win now?
3. Where do Myron and Esperanza try to find Matthew Squires?
4. Myron names two of Tito's friends "Escape" and ____________.
5. Where was Lloyd Rennart's body found?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)