|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom has Tad been having an affair?
2. What is the news conveyed during the phone call received while Victoria and Myron meet with Linda?
(a) Jack has won the U.S. Open.
(b) Chad has been released.
(c) Win has had a serious accident.
(d) Jack is dead.
3. Who does Myron deduce was the man with Jack at the motel?
4. What was Esperanza's former profession?
(b) Cab driver.
(c) Professional wrestler.
(d) Medical assistant.
5. Who does Reginald say was the person who climbed out of Chad's bedroom window?
6. What secret does Norm need to keep?
(a) He is a criminal.
(b) He is gay.
(c) He has cancer.
(d) He is having an affair.
7. What is the name of the cliff from which Lloyd Rennart jumped?
(a) El Stupido del Diablo.
(b) El Garganta del Diablo.
(c) El Garganta del Angelo.
(d) El Hugo del Angelo.
8. Which of the following does Esme NOT confirm about Lloyd Rennart?
(a) He is alive and well and living in Peru.
(b) He bought his house outright with no mortgage.
(c) There is no record of his working.
(d) He paid cash for his bar.
9. Where does Myron go at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) The coffee shop.
(b) The police station.
(c) The barber shop.
(d) The food court at the mall.
10. Why is Cissy adamant about seeing Win now?
(a) She wants to tell him about her new husband.
(b) She wants to amend her will.
(c) She is dying from cancer and wants to make peace.
(d) She is moving to Europe?
11. Who is the girl that tipped off Crusty?
12. Why did Esme kidnap Chad?
(a) To get a huge chunk of money.
(b) To get publicity for Jack and Linda.
(c) To get back at Linda for marrying Jack.
(d) To throw Jack off his golf game.
13. What is Lloyd Rennart's widow's profession?
14. Which of the following does Reginald Squires NOT say to Myron?
(a) He killed Jack Coldren.
(b) He wants to kill Chad's kidnapper.
(c) He gives him permission to talk to Matt.
(d) He is horrified that a kidnapping took place at his hotel.
15. What is Myron curious about regarding Lloyd?
(a) What he was doing in Boston.
(b) Where his first wife is.
(c) Why he never married.
(d) Where he got all his money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Myron say is the loose end in the case?
2. What news does Victoria tell Myron on a phone call?
3. With whom does Chad spend the night at the hotel?
4. What news does Myron learn when he arrives at Linda's house?
5. What is Crusty's real name?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)