|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Myron Bolitar's primary profession?
(c) Sports agent.
2. Where did the kidnappers call Jack?
(a) His agent's office.
(b) His cell phone.
(c) The Four Seasons Hotel.
(d) Merion Golf Club.
3. Who is the manager of the sleazy motel that Myron investigates?
(a) Sid Moritz.
(b) Stuart Lebowski.
(c) Stuart Lipwitz.
(d) Stanley Kowalski.
4. What TV program is Esperanza watching when Myron returns to the guest house?
(b) Wheel of Fortune.
(c) Law & Order.
5. What is on the truck the suspect climbs into?
(a) A Nazi swastika decal.
(b) A Bart Simpson decal.
(c) A Wal-Mart sticker.
(d) A Confederate flag decal.
6. What did the kidnapper do on the phone?
(a) Demanded money.
(b) Demanded publicity.
(c) Demanded asylum.
(d) Disguised his voice.
7. How does the kidnapper's call end?
(a) With directions for a money drop.
(b) With threats about the police being involved.
(c) With directions on who should answer the next call.
(d) With Chad's scream.
8. Who is the woman that Myron dates?
(a) Jessica Culver.
(b) Carly Johnson.
(c) Jamie Culver.
(d) Carrie Jameson.
9. Who is Jack's caddy?
(a) Diane Hofbrau.
(b) Diane Hoffman.
(c) Deborah Hoffman.
(d) Diane Holman.
10. What is the name of Win's financial services business?
(b) Merion Mutual Inc.
(c) Franklin Financial Services.
(d) The Winning Solution.
11. Who is receptive to the idea that the kidnapping could be a hoax?
12. Who does Jack blame for his losing the U.S. Open years ago?
(a) His agent.
(c) His caddy.
(d) His wife.
13. What recording does Linda play at the start of Chapter 7?
(a) Chad's Christmas program.
(b) Linda's beauty queen pageant.
(c) Michael Buble.
(d) The kidnapper's call.
14. Which of the following is NOT included in the girls' description of the man at the mall phone booth?
15. What is the first clue Myron gets related to Chad's disappearance?
(a) Chad's cell phone records.
(b) Chad's jacket found in the bus station.
(c) Chad's car found in a mall parking lot.
(d) The use of Chad's ATM card.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the kidnapper's call traced to?
2. What does Linda Coldren reveal to Myron?
3. At which golf course does Myron Bolitar watch the U.S. Open match?
4. Where has Norm recently purchased some advertising for his business?
5. Which of the following does NOT describe Win's personality?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)