Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jack and Linda's son?
2. What did the kidnapper do on the phone?
(a) Demanded publicity.
(b) Demanded money.
(c) Demanded asylum.
(d) Disguised his voice.
3. What surprises Myron as he watches the Coldrens' house?
(a) Someone climbs out of Chad's bedroom window.
(b) The sprinklers go on and soak him.
(c) Two police cars drive up with lights flashing.
(d) A stripper arrives at the door.
4. What location does Myron revisit to ask more questions about Chad?
(a) Court Manor Inn.
(b) Glendale Mall.
(c) Merion Library.
(d) Natural History Museum.
5. Who is Matt Squires?
(a) Myron's nephew.
(b) Jack's caddy.
(c) Chad's friend.
(d) Linda's tennis coach.
6. What is the name of the dead end road where Myron finds himself?
(a) Abbey Drive.
(b) Green Acres Road.
(c) Willow Ridge Court.
(d) Harbor Blvd.
7. How does the kidnapper's call end?
(a) With threats about the police being involved.
(b) With Chad's scream.
(c) With directions on who should answer the next call.
(d) With directions for a money drop.
8. Who does Jack blame for his losing the U.S. Open years ago?
(a) His agent.
(c) His wife.
(d) His caddy.
9. What is the name of the sleazy motel where Myron investigates?
(a) No-Tel Motel.
(b) Bayside Motel.
(c) Court Manor Inn.
(d) Valley View Inn.
10. What does Myron speculate could be a reason for the kidnapping?
(a) To get back at Chad for being a bully.
(b) To stop Jack from winning the U.S. Open.
(c) To hurt Linda for having an affair.
(d) To gain publicity for their organization.
11. Which of the following is NOT included in the girls' description of the man at the mall phone booth?
12. What kind of car does Win drive into bad neighborhoods?
13. Where did the kidnappers call Jack?
(a) The Four Seasons Hotel.
(b) His cell phone.
(c) His agent's office.
(d) Merion Golf Club.
14. In what city is Myron Bolitar when BACK SPIN begins?
(b) San Diego.
15. At which golf course does Myron Bolitar watch the U.S. Open match?
(a) Torrey Pines Golf course.
(b) Augusta National course.
(c) Merion Golf Club.
(d) Pebble Beach Golf course.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Reginald Squires' criminal name?
2. Sheriff Courter does not know if Mr. Squires has ever been involved in a _____________.
3. What beverage does Myron drink while Win drinks brandy?
4. Linda recognizes Myron's name as being a former ___________ player.
5. What kind of car does Win drive?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)