|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Norm recently purchased some advertising for his business?
(a) On golf balls.
(b) Online banner ads.
(c) On a golf bag.
(d) On billboards.
2. Who is receptive to the idea that the kidnapping could be a hoax?
3. What TV program is Esperanza watching when Myron returns to the guest house?
(a) Law & Order.
(b) Wheel of Fortune.
4. What is Myron's theory about the kidnapping at this point?
(a) Linda's lover is toying with Jack.
(b) Jack's competitors are playing mind games with him.
(c) He doesn't have one.
(d) Chad is trying to get his father's attention.
5. What is Myron Bolitar's primary profession?
(b) Sports agent.
6. What kind of car does Win drive?
7. What is the name of the sleazy motel where Myron investigates?
(a) Court Manor Inn.
(b) No-Tel Motel.
(c) Bayside Motel.
(d) Valley View Inn.
8. What surprises Myron as he watches the Coldrens' house?
(a) A stripper arrives at the door.
(b) Two police cars drive up with lights flashing.
(c) Someone climbs out of Chad's bedroom window.
(d) The sprinklers go on and soak him.
9. Myron calls Sheriff Jack Courter in the state of _________________ to ask about the Squire family.
(a) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
10. Who does Win say may be joining them for dinner?
(a) Tad Crispin.
(b) Ted Critter.
(c) Thad Crispin.
(d) Tad Christian.
11. What relation is Win to Linda Coldren?
12. Who is Matt Squires?
(a) Linda's tennis coach.
(b) Myron's nephew.
(c) Jack's caddy.
(d) Chad's friend.
13. Which of the following is NOT true about Linda?
(a) She traveled with Chad and a nanny for a year while playing golf.
(b) She wants to call off the kidnapping investigation.
(c) She has mother's guilt about balancing time for her career and her son.
(d) She took two years off her golf career after Chad was born.
14. What is the first clue Myron gets related to Chad's disappearance?
(a) The use of Chad's ATM card.
(b) Chad's car found in a mall parking lot.
(c) Chad's cell phone records.
(d) Chad's jacket found in the bus station.
15. About whom does the kidnapper make a derogatory racial comment?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Win's estranged mother?
2. Sheriff Courter does not know if Mr. Squires has ever been involved in a _____________.
3. What beverage do both Myron and Win order at the clubhouse?
4. Where has the suspect been spotted?
5. How does Myron try to blackmail Stuart Lipwitz?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)