|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Win's financial services business?
(a) The Winning Solution.
(c) Merion Mutual Inc.
(d) Franklin Financial Services.
2. What is in the package found in Linda's car?
(a) A bomb.
(b) A hat.
(c) A severed ear.
(d) A severed finger.
3. Who arrives at the house early in the morning with news for Myron?
4. Who tells Myron to leave the motel premises?
(a) A motel customer.
(b) The motel owner.
(c) A large, muscled black man.
(d) Stuart Lipwitz.
5. What does Myron speculate could be a reason for the kidnapping?
(a) To gain publicity for their organization.
(b) To get back at Chad for being a bully.
(c) To hurt Linda for having an affair.
(d) To stop Jack from winning the U.S. Open.
6. Who is receptive to the idea that the kidnapping could be a hoax?
7. What does Linda do when Myron suggests calling in the FBI?
(a) Says she has already called them.
(b) Agrees with Myron.
(c) Says she wants to think about it.
(d) Fires Myron.
8. Myron calls Sheriff Jack Courter in the state of _________________ to ask about the Squire family.
(b) New York.
(c) New Jersey.
9. What topic does Jack talk to Myron about?
10. What is on the truck the suspect climbs into?
(a) A Bart Simpson decal.
(b) A Wal-Mart sticker.
(c) A Confederate flag decal.
(d) A Nazi swastika decal.
11. Which of the following is NOT true about Esperanza?
(a) She has graduated Law School.
(b) She wants her own office.
(c) She is going to Med School.
(d) She wants to be a partner in the firm.
12. Who is the Marketing VP for the women's golf clothing line?
(a) Emma Fong.
(b) Esme Fong.
(c) Emily Fong.
(d) Esme Foust.
13. What kind of car does Win drive?
14. Linda recognizes Myron's name as being a former ___________ player.
15. Which of the following is NOT included in the girls' description of the man at the mall phone booth?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Myron try to see at the beginning of Chapter 13?
2. How does the kidnapper's call end?
3. What beverage do both Myron and Win order at the clubhouse?
4. What amount of "penalty" does the kidnapper demand because Esme is in the house?
5. What beverage does Myron drink while Win drinks brandy?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)