|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pentheus holding is his right hand?
2. When Pentheus leaves the palace, what is he dressed as?
3. According to the Chorus, who will be the first person to "mark" Pentheus?
4. What emotion is the Chorus trying to inspire in their fourth ode?
5. What kind of monster does the Chorus think Agave might say Pentheus is birthed from?
Essay Topic 1
What is the importance of having the women defeat the men in the battle? Support your answer with examples form the play.
Essay Topic 2
What is foreshadowing? Using examples from the book, describe at least two examples of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
How does Dionysus influence Pentheus throughout the play? Does Dionysus's influence over Pentheus change as the play continues? Support your answer with examples from the play.
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)