|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pentheus hope to do when he leaves the palace in disguise?
2. Who is supposed to be inspired by the Chorus's fourth ode?
3. The power of the gods, according to the Chorus, corrects the mortal what?
4. When he could not see the women well, what did Pentheus do?
5. During the third ode, the Chorus looks forward to what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the play's central conflict, and how is it illustrated throughout the play? Use evidence from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the importance of having the women defeat the men in the battle? Support your answer with examples form the play.
Essay Topic 3
How does Dionysus influence Pentheus throughout the play? Does Dionysus's influence over Pentheus change as the play continues? Support your answer with examples from the play.
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)