Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women tie around their waists, according to the first messenger?
2. When the Chorus says, "Will this white-foot e'er join the night long dance," who is the white-foot they are referring to?
3. In the first line of the fourth ode, how does the Chorus refer to the women?
4. Why did Pentheus's mother not recognize him?
5. What form does the Chorus plead for Dionysus to show up in front of them as?
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between the blindness Pentheus suffers and the blindness Tiresius suffers? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of the messengers in the play? What do they do; what do they symbolize? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What evidence does the play give in support of the following statement: To ignore the divine is folly.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)