Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women tie around their waists, according to the first messenger?
2. When the Chorus says, "Will this white-foot e'er join the night long dance," who is the white-foot they are referring to?
3. In the first line of the fourth ode, how does the Chorus refer to the women?
4. Why did Pentheus's mother not recognize him?
5. What form does the Chorus plead for Dionysus to show up in front of them as?
Describe, using examples from the play, what role revenge has in the play and how revenge is portrayed.
What is the importance of having the women defeat the men in the battle? Support your answer with examples form the play.
How do Agave and Cadmus represent the opinions and attitudes of the audience? Support your answer with evidence from the play.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)