|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women tie around their waists, according to the first messenger?
2. When the Chorus says, "Will this white-foot e'er join the night long dance," who is the white-foot they are referring to?
3. In the first line of the fourth ode, how does the Chorus refer to the women?
4. Why did Pentheus's mother not recognize him?
5. What form does the Chorus plead for Dionysus to show up in front of them as?
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of the natural world in the play? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How is animal imagery used in the play? Provide at least three examples of animal imagery and what they represents.
Essay Topic 3
How does the play compare and contrast the ideas of restraint and reason to unrestrained behavior and emotions? Provide support for your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)