Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women tie around their waists, according to the first messenger?
2. When the Chorus says, "Will this white-foot e'er join the night long dance," who is the white-foot they are referring to?
3. In the first line of the fourth ode, how does the Chorus refer to the women?
4. Why did Pentheus's mother not recognize him?
5. What form does the Chorus plead for Dionysus to show up in front of them as?
How does the play represent the contrast between individual freedoms and societal expectations? Provide examples and evidence to support your answer.
What is foreshadowing? Using examples from the book, describe at least two examples of foreshadowing.
How does the play compare and contrast the ideas of restraint and reason to unrestrained behavior and emotions? Provide support for your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)