|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Chorus says that there are a "myriad of hopes for all the myriad minds," what does myriad mean?
2. The Chorus says, "I envy not deep _______."
3. Pentheus says that "women must not be mastered" by what?
4. A happy man, according to the Chorus, is one who from day to day has his life what?
5. During the third ode, the Chorus looks forward to what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of the Chorus? Using examples from the book describe how the Chorus fulfills this role.
Essay Topic 2
How does Dionysus influence Pentheus throughout the play? Does Dionysus's influence over Pentheus change as the play continues? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
What evidence does the play give in support of the following statement: To ignore the divine is folly.
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)