|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Chorus suggest they chant about the fall of Pentheus?
2. During the third ode, the Chorus looks forward to what?
3. Why did Pentheus "fall fainting?"
4. What emotion is the Chorus trying to inspire in their fourth ode?
5. According to the messenger, what has Pentheus's mother won?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe, using examples from the play, what role revenge has in the play and how revenge is portrayed.
Essay Topic 2
If you had to choose one word to describe Dionysus, what word would it be? Why did you choose that word? Present at least three choices and pick the strongest choice as your decision.
Essay Topic 3
What is the importance of having the women defeat the men in the battle? Support your answer with examples form the play.
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)