Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women tie around their waists, according to the first messenger?
2. When the Chorus says, "Will this white-foot e'er join the night long dance," who is the white-foot they are referring to?
3. In the first line of the fourth ode, how does the Chorus refer to the women?
4. Why did Pentheus's mother not recognize him?
5. What form does the Chorus plead for Dionysus to show up in front of them as?
What is the role of the messengers in the play? What do they do; what do they symbolize? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
How is animal imagery used in the play? Provide at least three examples of animal imagery and what they represents.
Using the book to support your answer, explain how the main character Dionysus affects the play's structure.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)