|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pentheus says that "women must not be mastered" by what?
2. What kind of monster does the Chorus think Agave might say Pentheus is birthed from?
3. What happened that released Dionysus from prison?
4. The Chorus says, "I envy not deep _______."
5. What form does the Chorus plead for Dionysus to show up in front of them as?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe, using examples from the play, what role revenge has in the play and how revenge is portrayed.
Essay Topic 2
If you had to choose one word to describe Dionysus, what word would it be? Why did you choose that word? Present at least three choices and pick the strongest choice as your decision.
Essay Topic 3
How does the play represent the contrast between individual freedoms and societal expectations? Provide examples and evidence to support your answer.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)