Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women tie around their waists, according to the first messenger?
2. When the Chorus says, "Will this white-foot e'er join the night long dance," who is the white-foot they are referring to?
3. In the first line of the fourth ode, how does the Chorus refer to the women?
4. Why did Pentheus's mother not recognize him?
5. What form does the Chorus plead for Dionysus to show up in front of them as?
Essay Topic 1
What does Pentheus symbolize and how does he symbolize it? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How does the play compare and contrast the ideas of restraint and reason to unrestrained behavior and emotions? Provide support for your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What is the importance of having the women defeat the men in the battle? Support your answer with examples form the play.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)