|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened that released Dionysus from prison?
2. The Chorus says that although their triumph is glorious, it ends in what?
3. How does the Chorus describe Pentheus's mother's looks in the fifth ode?
4. The Chorus compares "tossing my neck to heaven's dewey breath" to what animal?
5. When he could not see the women well, what did Pentheus do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is foreshadowing? Using examples from the book, describe at least two examples of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Describe, using examples from the play, what role revenge has in the play and how revenge is portrayed.
Essay Topic 3
Using the book to support your answer, explain how the main character Dionysus affects the play's structure.
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)