|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of monster does the Chorus think Agave might say Pentheus is birthed from?
2. Where did Dionysus place Pentheus so he could get a better look?
3. What does the Chorus refer to as the "sure pledge of death" for Pentheus?
4. What is the Chorus celebrating in the fifth ode?
5. What part of Pentheus is his mother carrying to the city?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the play's central conflict, and how is it illustrated throughout the play? Use evidence from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What are the four types of irony? Which irony is present in the discussions between Dionysus and Pentheus? Find at least two examples of irony in their discussions, and describe what the examples mean.
Essay Topic 3
What is foreshadowing? Using examples from the book, describe at least two examples of foreshadowing.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)