|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many suns does Pentheus see when he comes out in his disguise?
2. What is the Chorus celebrating in the fifth ode?
3. Who brings the news that Pentheus is dead?
4. What characterizes Pentheus's mother's knowledge about her actions to her son, according to the Chorus in the fifth ode?
5. What kind of monster does the Chorus think Agave might say Pentheus is birthed from?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of the Chorus? Using examples from the book describe how the Chorus fulfills this role.
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between the blindness Pentheus suffers and the blindness Tiresius suffers? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
If you had to choose one word to describe Dionysus, what word would it be? Why did you choose that word? Present at least three choices and pick the strongest choice as your decision.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)