|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form does the Chorus plead for Dionysus to show up in front of them as?
2. What kind of heart does the Chorus think Pentheus has in his quest against the women?
3. What does Pentheus hope to do when he leaves the palace in disguise?
4. What streams did the messenger cross once outside of Thebes?
5. How does Dionysus promise Pentheus he will return to the city?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is there a tragic flaw in Pentheus's character? What is it? If there is not one, why not? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How is animal imagery used in the play? Provide at least three examples of animal imagery and what they represents.
Essay Topic 3
Describe, using examples from the play, what role revenge has in the play and how revenge is portrayed.
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)