|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus says that although divine power is slow, it will punish who?
2. The Chorus compares "tossing my neck to heaven's dewey breath" to what animal?
3. In the first line of the fourth ode, how does the Chorus refer to the women?
4. Where did Dionysus place Pentheus so he could get a better look?
5. In what kind of strain does the Chorus want to "exalt their Bacchic god?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Pentheus symbolize and how does he symbolize it? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What is the importance of having the women defeat the men in the battle? Support your answer with examples form the play.
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of the Chorus? Using examples from the book describe how the Chorus fulfills this role.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)