|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the first messenger not want to tell Pentheus the truth of what he saw?
2. When the first messenger describes how the women slept, what word does he use?
3. What kind of monster does the Chorus think Agave might say Pentheus is birthed from?
4. What does Pentheus hope to do when he leaves the palace in disguise?
5. What kind of herd was the first messenger driving when he came upon the women?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Dionysus influence Pentheus throughout the play? Does Dionysus's influence over Pentheus change as the play continues? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
How is animal imagery used in the play? Provide at least three examples of animal imagery and what they represents.
Essay Topic 3
Describe, using examples from the play, what role revenge has in the play and how revenge is portrayed.
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)