|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ripped the tree out of the ground?
2. What happened that released Dionysus from prison?
3. What part of Pentheus is his mother carrying to the city?
4. According to the messenger, what has Pentheus's mother won?
5. What did Pentheus tie up instead of binding Dionysus's hands and feet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between the blindness Pentheus suffers and the blindness Tiresius suffers? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of the messengers in the play? What do they do; what do they symbolize? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the play's central conflict, and how is it illustrated throughout the play? Use evidence from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)