|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pentheus holding is his right hand?
2. How many suns does Pentheus see when he comes out in his disguise?
3. The Chorus says, "I envy not deep _______."
4. What does Pentheus hope to do when he leaves the palace in disguise?
5. What happened that released Dionysus from prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between the blindness Pentheus suffers and the blindness Tiresius suffers? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How do Agave and Cadmus represent the opinions and attitudes of the audience? Support your answer with evidence from the play.
Essay Topic 3
How does the play represent the contrast between individual freedoms and societal expectations? Provide examples and evidence to support your answer.
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)