|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Chorus function, in relation to Dionysus, in the fifth ode?
2. The Chorus says that although divine power is slow, it will punish who?
3. How does Pentheus feel about the task he is undertaking in disguise?
4. The Chorus compares "tossing my neck to heaven's dewey breath" to what animal?
5. When the Chorus says that there are a "myriad of hopes for all the myriad minds," what does myriad mean?
Essay Topic 1
Using specific examples from the book, explain how Dionysus displays his divinity even while in human form. What message do these actions send about the divine?
Essay Topic 2
Describe, using examples from the play, what role revenge has in the play and how revenge is portrayed.
Essay Topic 3
Using the book to support your answer, explain how the main character Dionysus affects the play's structure.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)