|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Pentheus is his mother carrying to the city?
2. When the Chorus says, "'Tis a noble enterprise to dabble the hand in the blood of a son till it drips," how are they speaking?
3. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus starts their fourth ode?
4. The Chorus compares "tossing my neck to heaven's dewey breath" to what animal?
5. What did Dionysus raise "twixt heaven and earth" when he spoke from heaven?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe, using examples from the play, what role revenge has in the play and how revenge is portrayed.
Essay Topic 2
What is the importance of having the women defeat the men in the battle? Support your answer with examples form the play.
Essay Topic 3
Using specific examples from the book, explain how Dionysus displays his divinity even while in human form. What message do these actions send about the divine?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)