|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dionysus raise "twixt heaven and earth" when he spoke from heaven?
2. According to the Chorus, when is it right to override the laws of custom?
3. What is the Chorus celebrating in the fifth ode?
4. What kind of herd was the first messenger driving when he came upon the women?
5. Where did Dionysus place Pentheus so he could get a better look?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is there a tragic flaw in Pentheus's character? What is it? If there is not one, why not? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How is animal imagery used in the play? Provide at least three examples of animal imagery and what they represents.
Essay Topic 3
What is foreshadowing? Using examples from the book, describe at least two examples of foreshadowing.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)