|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form does the Chorus plead for Dionysus to show up in front of them as?
2. The Chorus extols the virtues of the simple man who lives within what?
3. What did Pentheus tie up instead of binding Dionysus's hands and feet?
4. The first messenger reports that when they tried to bring Pentheus's mother back from the group of women, the women went mad and destroyed what?
5. What kind of heart does the Chorus think Pentheus has in his quest against the women?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is foreshadowing? Using examples from the book, describe at least two examples of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Using the book to support your answer, explain how the main character Dionysus affects the play's structure.
Essay Topic 3
How does the play compare and contrast the ideas of restraint and reason to unrestrained behavior and emotions? Provide support for your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)