|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dionysus say the problem is with Pentheus's dress?
(a) It is the wrong color.
(b) It doesn't hang evenly.
(c) It is too long.
(d) It is the wrong fabric.
2. What is Thebes?
(a) A region.
(b) A state.
(c) A city-state.
(d) A country.
3. The power of the gods, according to the Chorus, corrects the mortal what?
4. What part of Pentheus is his mother carrying to the city?
(a) His hand.
(b) His leg.
(c) His head.
(d) His ear.
5. The Chorus compares being happy to escaping what, from the sea?
(a) The undertow.
(b) The traps.
(c) The waves.
(d) The sharks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Dionysus place Pentheus so he could get a better look?
2. When DIonysus says, "Thy change of mind compels thy praise," with what tone does he say those words?
3. Where does the first messenger say he comes from?
4. When the Chorus says, "Will this white-foot e'er join the night long dance," who is the white-foot they are referring to?
5. The Chorus says that although their triumph is glorious, it ends in what?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)