|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many suns does Pentheus see when he comes out in his disguise?
(b) None - it is night.
2. In what kind of strain does the Chorus want to "exalt their Bacchic god?"
(a) Melodious strain.
(b) Harmonious strain.
(c) Choral strain.
(d) Acapella strain.
3. What happened that released Dionysus from prison?
(a) A fire.
(b) A jail-break.
(c) A flood.
(d) An earthquake.
4. Who brings the news that Pentheus is dead?
(a) The fifth messenger.
(b) The fourth messenger.
(c) The third messenger.
(d) The second messenger.
5. According to the Chorus, when is it right to override the laws of custom?
(a) On occasion.
(b) When it is in the interests of the people.
(d) When it is in the interests of the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dionysus promise Pentheus he will return to the city?
2. During the third ode, the Chorus looks forward to what?
3. When the Chorus says, "Will this white-foot e'er join the night long dance," who is the white-foot they are referring to?
4. The Chorus compares being happy to escaping what, from the sea?
5. What did Dionysus raise "twixt heaven and earth" when he spoke from heaven?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)