|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion is the Chorus trying to inspire in their fourth ode?
2. How does the Chorus suggest they chant about the fall of Pentheus?
3. What does Dionysus ask the Chorus to "abandon" Pentheus's halls to?
(a) The animals.
(b) The hills.
(c) The unbelievers.
(d) The flames.
4. How does the Chorus describe Pentheus's mother's looks in the fifth ode?
(a) Wild raging hair.
(b) Wild rolling eyes.
(c) Wild ridiculous makeup.
(d) Wild rank garments.
5. According to the Chorus, who will be the first person to "mark" Pentheus?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His mother.
(c) HIs aunt.
(d) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dionysus refers to "the seats of Nymphs" and "the place of Pan" what is he referring to?
2. What is Pentheus holding is his right hand?
3. How does Dionysus tell Pentheus to "step out" while he is in disguise?
4. What do the women tie around their waists, according to the first messenger?
5. What characterizes Pentheus's mother's knowledge about her actions to her son, according to the Chorus in the fifth ode?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)