|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Chorus characterize Pentheus's intent to meddle with the rites of Dionysus?
(a) Mad intent.
(b) Purposeful intent.
(c) Single intent.
(d) Frantic intent.
2. The first messenger reports that when they tried to bring Pentheus's mother back from the group of women, the women went mad and destroyed what?
(a) A herd of sheep.
(b) A flock of birds.
(c) A herd of cattle.
(d) A town of men.
3. According to the messenger, what has Pentheus's mother won?
4. Where is Pentheus's mother "hastening" to according to the Chorus?
(a) The plains.
(b) The valley.
(c) The house.
(d) The river.
5. When he could not see the women well, what did Pentheus do?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus says that although divine power is slow, it will punish who?
2. The Chorus says, "I envy not deep _______."
3. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus starts their fourth ode?
4. How many suns does Pentheus see when he comes out in his disguise?
5. During the third ode, the Chorus looks forward to what?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)