|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many gates does Pentheus say Thebes has?
2. What characterizes Pentheus's mother's knowledge about her actions to her son, according to the Chorus in the fifth ode?
(a) She is unaware she killed her son.
(b) She has forgotten she killed her son.
(c) She doesn't care that she has killed her son.
(d) She knows she killed her son.
3. What do the women tie around their waists, according to the first messenger?
4. What kind of herd was the first messenger driving when he came upon the women?
5. What kind of monster does the Chorus think Agave might say Pentheus is birthed from?
(a) Egyptian Spyhnx.
(b) Greecian Atlas.
(c) Libyan Gorgon.
(d) Roman Centurion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Pentheus's mother "hastening" to according to the Chorus?
2. The Chorus shares the belief of Tiresius and Cadmus that to honor the divine is what?
3. Why does the first messenger not want to tell Pentheus the truth of what he saw?
4. What does Dionysus say the problem is with Pentheus's dress?
5. When the Chorus says, "Will this white-foot e'er join the night long dance," who is the white-foot they are referring to?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)