|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Chorus celebrating in the fifth ode?
(a) Pentheus's revenge.
(b) Dionysus's downfall.
(c) Pentheus's downfall.
(d) Dionysus's revenge.
2. When the Chorus says, "Will this white-foot e'er join the night long dance," who is the white-foot they are referring to?
3. How does the Chorus describe Pentheus's mother's looks in the fifth ode?
(a) Wild ridiculous makeup.
(b) Wild rolling eyes.
(c) Wild raging hair.
(d) Wild rank garments.
4. What did Pentheus tie up instead of binding Dionysus's hands and feet?
(a) A horse.
(b) A sheep.
(c) A deer.
(d) A bull.
5. What characterizes Pentheus's mother's knowledge about her actions to her son, according to the Chorus in the fifth ode?
(a) She doesn't care that she has killed her son.
(b) She has forgotten she killed her son.
(c) She is unaware she killed her son.
(d) She knows she killed her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hellas?
2. Who ripped the tree out of the ground?
3. What streams did the messenger cross once outside of Thebes?
4. Pentheus says that "women must not be mastered" by what?
5. How does Dionysus promise Pentheus he will return to the city?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)