|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the first messenger say he comes from?
2. The Chorus shares the belief of Tiresius and Cadmus that to honor the divine is what?
(a) Only for the rich.
(b) A waste of time.
(c) Common sense.
(d) A tradition.
3. When the Chorus says, "'Tis a noble enterprise to dabble the hand in the blood of a son till it drips," how are they speaking?
4. A happy man, according to the Chorus, is one who from day to day has his life what?
(a) Follow tradition.
(b) Reach new levels.
(d) Full of surprises.
5. According to the Chorus, when is it right to override the laws of custom?
(a) When it is in the interests of the people.
(c) When it is in the interests of the gods.
(d) On occasion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Chorus suggest they chant about the fall of Pentheus?
2. How does the Chorus function, in relation to Dionysus, in the fifth ode?
3. The Chorus says that although divine power is slow, it will punish who?
4. How does the Chorus describe Pentheus's mother's looks in the fifth ode?
5. When the Chorus says that there are a "myriad of hopes for all the myriad minds," what does myriad mean?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)