|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened that released Dionysus from prison?
(a) A jail-break.
(b) A fire.
(c) A flood.
(d) An earthquake.
2. How does Dionysus tell Pentheus to "step out" while he is in disguise?
(b) With his right foot.
(c) Happily, with the air of gladness.
(d) Stealthy lest none should see him.
3. According to the Chorus, when is it right to override the laws of custom?
(b) On occasion.
(c) When it is in the interests of the people.
(d) When it is in the interests of the gods.
4. How does Dionysus promise Pentheus he will return to the city?
(b) With much riches.
(c) In the arms of his mother.
(d) Wiser in the ways of the gods.
5. A happy man, according to the Chorus, is one who from day to day has his life what?
(b) Follow tradition.
(c) Full of surprises.
(d) Reach new levels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Chorus predict that Agave will say Pentheus was born from?
2. What does Pentheus hope to do when he leaves the palace in disguise?
3. When he could not see the women well, what did Pentheus do?
4. What is Hellas?
5. Where does the first messenger say he comes from?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)