|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dionysus tell Pentheus to "step out" while he is in disguise?
(a) Stealthy lest none should see him.
(b) Happily, with the air of gladness.
(d) With his right foot.
2. The Chorus says that although their triumph is glorious, it ends in what?
(a) Sadness and tears.
(b) Pleasure and pain.
(c) Fright and madness.
(d) Sorrow and pleading.
3. According to the Chorus, when is it right to override the laws of custom?
(a) When it is in the interests of the gods.
(b) When it is in the interests of the people.
(c) On occasion.
4. According to the messenger, what has Pentheus's mother won?
5. What kind of monster does the Chorus think Agave might say Pentheus is birthed from?
(a) Greecian Atlas.
(b) Libyan Gorgon.
(c) Roman Centurion.
(d) Egyptian Spyhnx.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Chorus says, "'Tis a noble enterprise to dabble the hand in the blood of a son till it drips," how are they speaking?
2. What is Thebes?
3. What streams did the messenger cross once outside of Thebes?
4. According to the Chorus, who will be the first person to "mark" Pentheus?
5. What emotion is the Chorus trying to inspire in their fourth ode?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)