|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A happy man, according to the Chorus, is one who from day to day has his life what?
(b) Reach new levels.
(c) Full of surprises.
(d) Follow tradition.
2. According to the Chorus, when is it right to override the laws of custom?
(a) When it is in the interests of the people.
(b) On occasion.
(c) When it is in the interests of the gods.
3. The Chorus says that true wisdom, as granted by the heavens to the mortals, is to gain mastery over what?
(a) Other men.
(b) The beasts of the field.
(c) A fallen foe.
(d) The wilderness.
4. When the Chorus says, "'Tis a noble enterprise to dabble the hand in the blood of a son till it drips," how are they speaking?
5. According to the Chorus, who will be the first person to "mark" Pentheus?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) HIs aunt.
(d) His daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings the news that Pentheus is dead?
2. The Chorus says, "I envy not deep _______."
3. What is Hellas?
4. What does Pentheus hope to do when he leaves the palace in disguise?
5. Pentheus says that "women must not be mastered" by what?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)