|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of heart does the Chorus think Pentheus has in his quest against the women?
(a) A sourrowful heart.
(b) A hardened heart.
(c) A wicked heart.
(d) A heart of stone.
2. A happy man, according to the Chorus, is one who from day to day has his life what?
(a) Full of surprises.
(b) Reach new levels.
(c) Follow tradition.
3. What streams did the messenger cross once outside of Thebes?
4. What is Pentheus holding is his right hand?
(a) A wine bottle.
(b) A sword.
(c) A thyrsus.
(d) A crown.
5. According to the messenger, what has Pentheus's mother won?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Chorus think that a mortal man should "live out his day and night?"
2. The Chorus says that true wisdom, as granted by the heavens to the mortals, is to gain mastery over what?
3. How does Dionysus tell Pentheus to "step out" while he is in disguise?
4. The Chorus extols the virtues of the simple man who lives within what?
5. How many suns does Pentheus see when he comes out in his disguise?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)