|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Chorus says, "Will this white-foot e'er join the night long dance," who is the white-foot they are referring to?
2. The Chorus shares the belief of Tiresius and Cadmus that to honor the divine is what?
(a) A tradition.
(b) Common sense.
(c) Only for the rich.
(d) A waste of time.
3. The Chorus says, "I envy not deep _______."
4. Pentheus says that "women must not be mastered" by what?
(a) Tricks and magic.
(b) Unworthy men.
(c) Brute force.
(d) Pretend gods.
5. The Chorus compares being happy to escaping what, from the sea?
(a) The traps.
(b) The undertow.
(c) The waves.
(d) The sharks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Chorus refer to as the "sure pledge of death" for Pentheus?
2. Why did Pentheus's mother not recognize him?
3. The Chorus says that true wisdom, as granted by the heavens to the mortals, is to gain mastery over what?
4. What kind of herd was the first messenger driving when he came upon the women?
5. How does the Chorus describe Pentheus's mother's looks in the fifth ode?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)