|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women tie around their waists, according to the first messenger?
2. When the Chorus says, "Will this white-foot e'er join the night long dance," who is the white-foot they are referring to?
3. In the first line of the fourth ode, how does the Chorus refer to the women?
(a) The daughters of Dionysus.
(b) The happy souls of wine.
(c) The daughters of Cadmus.
(d) The wild women.
4. Why did Pentheus's mother not recognize him?
(a) She was mad.
(b) Dionysus made her forget.
(c) She was blind.
(d) He was disguised.
5. What form does the Chorus plead for Dionysus to show up in front of them as?
(a) A dragon with teeth snapping.
(b) A bear growling in anger.
(c) A horse ready for battle.
(d) A lion breating flame.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Chorus, who will be the first person to "mark" Pentheus?
2. When DIonysus says, "Thy change of mind compels thy praise," with what tone does he say those words?
3. What does Dionysus say the problem is with Pentheus's dress?
4. During the third ode, the Chorus looks forward to what?
5. The Chorus says that true wisdom, as granted by the heavens to the mortals, is to gain mastery over what?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)