|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first line of the fourth ode, how does the Chorus refer to the women?
(a) The wild women.
(b) The happy souls of wine.
(c) The daughters of Dionysus.
(d) The daughters of Cadmus.
2. Pentheus says that "women must not be mastered" by what?
(a) Pretend gods.
(b) Tricks and magic.
(c) Unworthy men.
(d) Brute force.
3. What kind of monster does the Chorus think Agave might say Pentheus is birthed from?
(a) Libyan Gorgon.
(b) Greecian Atlas.
(c) Egyptian Spyhnx.
(d) Roman Centurion.
4. When DIonysus says, "Thy change of mind compels thy praise," with what tone does he say those words?
5. What does Dionysus say the problem is with Pentheus's dress?
(a) It doesn't hang evenly.
(b) It is too long.
(c) It is the wrong fabric.
(d) It is the wrong color.
Short Answer Questions
1. The power of the gods, according to the Chorus, corrects the mortal what?
2. How does Dionysus tell Pentheus to "step out" while he is in disguise?
3. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus starts their fourth ode?
4. How did Pentheus die?
5. What part of Pentheus is his mother carrying to the city?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)