|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of monster does the Chorus think Agave might say Pentheus is birthed from?
(a) Greecian Atlas.
(b) Libyan Gorgon.
(c) Roman Centurion.
(d) Egyptian Spyhnx.
2. Where did Dionysus place Pentheus so he could get a better look?
(a) A tree.
(b) A cave.
(c) A hillside.
(d) A rock.
3. What reason did Dionysus give to the women when he ordered them to take their vengeance on Pentheus?
(a) For not believing in Dionysus.
(b) For pretending to be a woman.
(c) For mocking their rites.
(d) For trying to bring them home by force.
4. What form does the Chorus plead for Dionysus to show up in front of them as?
(a) A lion breating flame.
(b) A dragon with teeth snapping.
(c) A bear growling in anger.
(d) A horse ready for battle.
5. Who is the "king" for the Chorus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings the news that Pentheus is dead?
2. What does the Chorus predict that Agave will say Pentheus was born from?
3. Why did Pentheus's mother not recognize him?
4. Why does the first messenger not want to tell Pentheus the truth of what he saw?
5. What streams did the messenger cross once outside of Thebes?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)