|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of heart does the Chorus think Pentheus has in his quest against the women?
(a) A hardened heart.
(b) A sourrowful heart.
(c) A wicked heart.
(d) A heart of stone.
2. Who ripped Pentheus apart?
3. What form does the Chorus plead for Dionysus to show up in front of them as?
(a) A horse ready for battle.
(b) A bear growling in anger.
(c) A dragon with teeth snapping.
(d) A lion breating flame.
4. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus starts their fourth ode?
5. The Chorus says that although divine power is slow, it will punish who?
(a) The misguided.
(b) All people.
(c) The arrogant.
(d) The false gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Chorus says, "Will this white-foot e'er join the night long dance," who is the white-foot they are referring to?
2. How does Dionysus tell Pentheus to "step out" while he is in disguise?
3. Who brings the news that Pentheus is dead?
4. In what kind of strain does the Chorus want to "exalt their Bacchic god?"
5. What streams did the messenger cross once outside of Thebes?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)