|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what kind of strain does the Chorus want to "exalt their Bacchic god?"
(a) Choral strain.
(b) Harmonious strain.
(c) Acapella strain.
(d) Melodious strain.
2. What form does the Chorus plead for Dionysus to show up in front of them as?
(a) A dragon with teeth snapping.
(b) A lion breating flame.
(c) A bear growling in anger.
(d) A horse ready for battle.
3. What did Pentheus tie up instead of binding Dionysus's hands and feet?
(a) A horse.
(b) A deer.
(c) A bull.
(d) A sheep.
4. How does Dionysus promise Pentheus he will return to the city?
(b) In the arms of his mother.
(c) Wiser in the ways of the gods.
(d) With much riches.
5. The Chorus says that although their triumph is glorious, it ends in what?
(a) Pleasure and pain.
(b) Sorrow and pleading.
(c) Fright and madness.
(d) Sadness and tears.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women tie around their waists, according to the first messenger?
2. What did Dionysus raise "twixt heaven and earth" when he spoke from heaven?
3. What does Pentheus hope to do when he leaves the palace in disguise?
4. The Chorus says, "I envy not deep _______."
5. How does Pentheus feel about the task he is undertaking in disguise?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)