|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women tie around their waists, according to the first messenger?
2. Where does the first messenger say he comes from?
3. Who is the "king" for the Chorus?
4. Who ripped Pentheus apart?
5. What kind of herd was the first messenger driving when he came upon the women?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pentheus leaves the palace, what is he dressed as?
2. What characterizes Pentheus's mother's knowledge about her actions to her son, according to the Chorus in the fifth ode?
3. What emotion is the Chorus trying to inspire in their fourth ode?
4. What streams did the messenger cross once outside of Thebes?
5. How does Dionysus tell Pentheus to "step out" while he is in disguise?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)