|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dionysus tell Pentheus to "step out" while he is in disguise?
(a) With his right foot.
(b) Stealthy lest none should see him.
(c) Happily, with the air of gladness.
2. What reason did Dionysus give to the women when he ordered them to take their vengeance on Pentheus?
(a) For pretending to be a woman.
(b) For trying to bring them home by force.
(c) For mocking their rites.
(d) For not believing in Dionysus.
3. The Chorus shares the belief of Tiresius and Cadmus that to honor the divine is what?
(a) Common sense.
(b) A tradition.
(c) Only for the rich.
(d) A waste of time.
4. The first messenger reports that when they tried to bring Pentheus's mother back from the group of women, the women went mad and destroyed what?
(a) A herd of sheep.
(b) A herd of cattle.
(c) A town of men.
(d) A flock of birds.
5. What kind of herd was the first messenger driving when he came upon the women?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ripped Pentheus apart?
2. Who does the Chorus say led Pentheus to his doom?
3. Who brings the news that Pentheus is dead?
4. A happy man, according to the Chorus, is one who from day to day has his life what?
5. Where did Dionysus place Pentheus so he could get a better look?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)