|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Chorus say led Pentheus to his doom?
(a) A centaur.
(b) A nymph.
(c) A man.
(d) A bull.
2. What kind of heart does the Chorus think Pentheus has in his quest against the women?
(a) A sourrowful heart.
(b) A heart of stone.
(c) A hardened heart.
(d) A wicked heart.
3. The Chorus says that true wisdom, as granted by the heavens to the mortals, is to gain mastery over what?
(a) The beasts of the field.
(b) A fallen foe.
(c) The wilderness.
(d) Other men.
4. When the Chorus says, "Will this white-foot e'er join the night long dance," who is the white-foot they are referring to?
5. How does Pentheus feel about the task he is undertaking in disguise?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first line of the fourth ode, how does the Chorus refer to the women?
2. What reason did Dionysus give to the women when he ordered them to take their vengeance on Pentheus?
3. Why did Pentheus "fall fainting?"
4. How does the Chorus function, in relation to Dionysus, in the fifth ode?
5. What form does the Chorus plead for Dionysus to show up in front of them as?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)