|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Chorus celebrating in the fifth ode?
(a) Dionysus's revenge.
(b) Pentheus's downfall.
(c) Dionysus's downfall.
(d) Pentheus's revenge.
2. During the third ode, the Chorus looks forward to what?
(a) Dionysus's reconciliation with his family.
(b) Pentheus's success.
(c) Pentheus's homage to Dionysus.
(d) Dionysus's revenge.
3. What reason did Dionysus give to the women when he ordered them to take their vengeance on Pentheus?
(a) For mocking their rites.
(b) For trying to bring them home by force.
(c) For pretending to be a woman.
(d) For not believing in Dionysus.
4. How does Dionysus tell Pentheus to "step out" while he is in disguise?
(a) With his right foot.
(b) Happily, with the air of gladness.
(d) Stealthy lest none should see him.
5. The power of the gods, according to the Chorus, corrects the mortal what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hellas?
2. Why did Pentheus's mother not recognize him?
3. What kind of heart does the Chorus think Pentheus has in his quest against the women?
4. When Dionysus refers to "the seats of Nymphs" and "the place of Pan" what is he referring to?
5. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus starts their fourth ode?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)