|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characterizes Pentheus's mother's knowledge about her actions to her son, according to the Chorus in the fifth ode?
(a) She knows she killed her son.
(b) She doesn't care that she has killed her son.
(c) She has forgotten she killed her son.
(d) She is unaware she killed her son.
2. How does the Chorus function, in relation to Dionysus, in the fifth ode?
(a) As a conscience to Dionysus.
(b) As a distinct being, different from Dionysus.
(c) As a sister to Dionysus.
(d) As an extension of Dionysus.
3. How does Dionysus promise Pentheus he will return to the city?
(a) In the arms of his mother.
(b) Wiser in the ways of the gods.
(c) With much riches.
4. When the Chorus says that there are a "myriad of hopes for all the myriad minds," what does myriad mean?
5. The power of the gods, according to the Chorus, corrects the mortal what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pentheus tie up instead of binding Dionysus's hands and feet?
2. Who ripped the tree out of the ground?
3. When the Chorus says, "Will this white-foot e'er join the night long dance," who is the white-foot they are referring to?
4. Pentheus says that "women must not be mastered" by what?
5. What kind of monster does the Chorus think Agave might say Pentheus is birthed from?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)