|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hellas?
(a) The after-life.
(b) A mountain.
(d) A temple in Delphi.
2. Who ripped the tree out of the ground?
(b) A bull.
(c) The women.
(d) Pentheus' sister.
3. How does Dionysus promise Pentheus he will return to the city?
(b) With much riches.
(c) Wiser in the ways of the gods.
(d) In the arms of his mother.
4. What happened that released Dionysus from prison?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A jail-break.
(c) A flood.
(d) A fire.
5. When the Chorus says, "'Tis a noble enterprise to dabble the hand in the blood of a son till it drips," how are they speaking?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the first messenger not want to tell Pentheus the truth of what he saw?
2. When the first messenger describes how the women slept, what word does he use?
3. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus starts their fourth ode?
4. The Chorus compares being happy to escaping what, from the sea?
5. The Chorus says that true wisdom, as granted by the heavens to the mortals, is to gain mastery over what?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)