|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Chorus describe Pentheus's mother's looks in the fifth ode?
(a) Wild ridiculous makeup.
(b) Wild raging hair.
(c) Wild rolling eyes.
(d) Wild rank garments.
2. Who ripped Pentheus apart?
3. Where does the first messenger say he comes from?
4. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus starts their fourth ode?
5. What form does the Chorus plead for Dionysus to show up in front of them as?
(a) A dragon with teeth snapping.
(b) A bear growling in anger.
(c) A lion breating flame.
(d) A horse ready for battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What streams did the messenger cross once outside of Thebes?
2. In what kind of strain does the Chorus want to "exalt their Bacchic god?"
3. What happened that released Dionysus from prison?
4. What does Pentheus hope to do when he leaves the palace in disguise?
5. How does the Chorus characterize Pentheus's intent to meddle with the rites of Dionysus?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)