|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Chorus characterize Pentheus's intent to meddle with the rites of Dionysus?
(a) Mad intent.
(b) Purposeful intent.
(c) Frantic intent.
(d) Single intent.
2. What does Dionysus ask the Chorus to "abandon" Pentheus's halls to?
(a) The animals.
(b) The unbelievers.
(c) The flames.
(d) The hills.
3. How many suns does Pentheus see when he comes out in his disguise?
(d) None - it is night.
4. What is Pentheus holding is his right hand?
(a) A sword.
(b) A thyrsus.
(c) A crown.
(d) A wine bottle.
5. Who is supposed to be inspired by the Chorus's fourth ode?
(b) The Bacchants.
(c) The nymphs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dionysus raise "twixt heaven and earth" when he spoke from heaven?
2. Who brings the news that Pentheus is dead?
3. When the first messenger describes how the women slept, what word does he use?
4. What form does the Chorus plead for Dionysus to show up in front of them as?
5. What is the Chorus celebrating in the fifth ode?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)