|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Dionysus place Pentheus so he could get a better look?
(a) A rock.
(b) A cave.
(c) A hillside.
(d) A tree.
2. What kind of monster does the Chorus think Agave might say Pentheus is birthed from?
(a) Greecian Atlas.
(b) Egyptian Spyhnx.
(c) Libyan Gorgon.
(d) Roman Centurion.
3. Who ripped the tree out of the ground?
(a) A bull.
(b) The women.
(c) Pentheus' sister.
4. What does the Chorus predict that Agave will say Pentheus was born from?
(a) A mare.
(b) A she-cow.
(c) A tigress.
(d) A lioness.
5. How does the Chorus describe Pentheus's mother's looks in the fifth ode?
(a) Wild rank garments.
(b) Wild raging hair.
(c) Wild ridiculous makeup.
(d) Wild rolling eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form does the Chorus plead for Dionysus to show up in front of them as?
2. What does Dionysus say the problem is with Pentheus's dress?
3. What emotion is the Chorus trying to inspire in their fourth ode?
4. According to the Chorus, who will be the first person to "mark" Pentheus?
5. What does Dionysus ask the Chorus to "abandon" Pentheus's halls to?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)