|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of herd was the first messenger driving when he came upon the women?
2. How did Pentheus die?
3. What do the women tie around their waists, according to the first messenger?
4. What reason did Dionysus give to the women when he ordered them to take their vengeance on Pentheus?
(a) For trying to bring them home by force.
(b) For not believing in Dionysus.
(c) For mocking their rites.
(d) For pretending to be a woman.
5. In what kind of strain does the Chorus want to "exalt their Bacchic god?"
(a) Acapella strain.
(b) Harmonious strain.
(c) Melodious strain.
(d) Choral strain.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Chorus, who will be the first person to "mark" Pentheus?
2. How does Pentheus feel about the task he is undertaking in disguise?
3. How does the Chorus function, in relation to Dionysus, in the fifth ode?
4. How does the Chorus suggest they chant about the fall of Pentheus?
5. What does Dionysus say the problem is with Pentheus's dress?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)