|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus says that although their triumph is glorious, it ends in what?
(a) Sadness and tears.
(b) Fright and madness.
(c) Sorrow and pleading.
(d) Pleasure and pain.
2. How does the Chorus describe Pentheus's mother's looks in the fifth ode?
(a) Wild rolling eyes.
(b) Wild rank garments.
(c) Wild ridiculous makeup.
(d) Wild raging hair.
3. According to the Chorus, who will be the first person to "mark" Pentheus?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His mother.
(c) HIs aunt.
(d) His sister.
4. What does Pentheus hope to do when he leaves the palace in disguise?
(a) Leave the city.
(b) Spy on the women.
(c) Retrieve his mother.
(d) Find Dionysus.
5. What kind of herd was the first messenger driving when he came upon the women?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hellas?
2. How many gates does Pentheus say Thebes has?
3. When Pentheus leaves the palace, what is he dressed as?
4. According to the messenger, what has Pentheus's mother won?
5. Who ripped the tree out of the ground?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)