|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the messenger, what has Pentheus's mother won?
2. When DIonysus says, "Thy change of mind compels thy praise," with what tone does he say those words?
3. When the Chorus says that there are a "myriad of hopes for all the myriad minds," what does myriad mean?
4. Why did Pentheus's mother not recognize him?
(a) Dionysus made her forget.
(b) She was mad.
(c) She was blind.
(d) He was disguised.
5. A happy man, according to the Chorus, is one who from day to day has his life what?
(b) Follow tradition.
(c) Reach new levels.
(d) Full of surprises.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pentheus hope to do when he leaves the palace in disguise?
2. What did Pentheus tie up instead of binding Dionysus's hands and feet?
3. What emotion is the Chorus trying to inspire in their fourth ode?
4. What kind of monster does the Chorus think Agave might say Pentheus is birthed from?
5. What is the Chorus celebrating in the fifth ode?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)