|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because of what happened to the women, the soldier thinks that Dionysus causes what?
2. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
3. What word describes both Tiresius and Cadmus?
4. In the Chorus's first lines, they believe that a happy man is one who leads what kind of life?
5. Pentheus is disturbed by the conversation with Cadmus and Tiresius and orders the destruction of Tiresius's what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has the cult that is in Thebes come from?
2. How does the servant who brings Dionysus in to Pentheus refer to Dionysus?
3. When Pentheus orders Dionysus locked up, who does he think Dionysus is?
4. The Chorus says that "true wisdom is keeping the heart and soul aloof" from what?
5. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Pentheus see when he looks at Dionysus?
2. What about the worship of Dionysus is frightening and revolting to outsiders?
3. How does the Chorus refer to Pentheus in the fourth ode?
4. What does Cadmus do when confronted with Agave carrying Pentheus's head?
5. How do Dionysus and Pentheus use the women?
6. How do Agave and Cadmus represent the audience?
7. What happens when the earthquake occurs?
8. What is one of the praises the Chorus sings of Dionysus?
9. What has happened to Dionysus and Pentheus during the fourth ode?
10. How is Dionysus able to use Pentheus's feelings as a trap?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)