|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus says that Dionysus makes his followers laugh away what?
(a) Differences between them.
(b) Life's troubles.
(c) Dull care.
(d) Small things.
2. Pentheus orders the capture of Dionysus and who?
(a) The women.
(b) All his followers.
(c) The leader of the cult.
(d) The people giving money to the cult.
3. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who brings what?
4. Pentheus says that he will do what to the women he has captured?
(a) Return them to their families.
(b) Make them his mistresses.
(c) Keep them in the prison.
(d) Sell them as slaves.
5. What is the Axius?
(a) An ocean.
(b) A stream.
(c) A sea.
(d) A river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Tiresius and Cadmus planning on doing?
2. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing?
3. What describes the stories that Pentheus shares about the women and their worship of Dionysus?
4. Because of what happened to the women, the soldier thinks that Dionysus causes what?
5. What did Dionysus cause to infect the women of Thebes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Chorus celebrating in the fifth ode?
2. What happens when the earthquake occurs?
3. What about the worship of Dionysus is frightening and revolting to outsiders?
4. Who does the cult think they are following?
5. How is the worship of Dionysus described in the Parados?
6. How does the Chorus define the simple man?
7. Why does the Chorus take Dionysus's side?
8. How is Dionysus brought to Pentheus?
9. Why is the Chorus calling for justice in the fourth ode?
10. What is the thyrsus?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)