|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dionysus cause to infect the women of Thebes?
2. According to the Chorus, who is Dirce's father?
3. When Pentheus orders Dionysus locked up, who does he think Dionysus is?
(a) A god.
(b) A cult follower.
(c) The cult leader.
(d) A fellow king.
4. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who brings what?
5. Pentheus is ______ by the worshipers of Dionysus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pentheus holds what title?
2. The Chorus says, "What ______ ______ the earth-born race displays."
3. What relationship is Pentheus to Dionysus?
4. What would a follower of Dionysus "brandish" while wearing a crown of ivy?
5. Who is Pentheus's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the king obsessed with?
2. How does the Chorus refer to Pentheus in the fourth ode?
3. What is one of the praises the Chorus sings of Dionysus?
4. How are the Chorus and Pentheus similar?
5. How does Dionysus turn the king's anger at him into contentment?
6. Why is the Chorus mocking Agave?
7. What is Euripides suggesting by having the Chorus take Dionysus's side?
8. What is the Chorus looking forward to in the third ode?
9. How is Dionysus able to use Pentheus's feelings as a trap?
10. Who is Tiresius?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)