|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Chorus, who is Zeus's father?
2. What story does Pentheus scoff at?
(a) Dionysus's prophet.
(b) Dionysus's travels.
(c) Dionysus's birth.
(d) Dionysus's life.
3. What are Tiresius and Cadmus planning on doing?
(a) Pretending to be women.
(b) Partying with the women.
(c) Praying to Dionysus in the temple.
(d) Honoring Dionysus.
4. The Chorus says that Cyprus is the isle of what goddess?
5. Dionysus wants to punish people in Thebes for what?
(a) Not worshiping him as a god.
(b) Not giving tributes to him.
(c) Not having a temple for him.
(d) Not honoring him at their festivals.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus says that sophistry is not what?
2. According to the Chorus, the end of all unbridled speech would bring what?
3. Why does Pentheus become enraged when questioning his prisoner?
4. What is the Parodos?
5. The Chorus asks Dionysus to lead them places and act as their what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the message of the final scene of the play?
2. Why is the Chorus, even though it is similar to Pentheus, correct?
3. What promise does Dionysus make about Pentheus's return to Thebes?
4. Why does the Chorus take Dionysus's side?
5. What did Zeus do with Dionysus when Semele died?
6. Why is the Chorus calling for justice in the fourth ode?
7. Who does Dionysus intend to vindicate by coming to Thebes?
8. Who does Pentheus see when he looks at Dionysus?
9. What is being prayed for in the second choral ode?
10. What happens when the earthquake occurs?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)