|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of meat do the worshipers of Dionysus eat?
(a) Old meat.
(b) Cooked meat.
(c) Raw meat.
(d) Fresh meat.
2. The Chorus suggests that worship is the only ________ ________ to the gods.
(a) Appropriate response.
(b) Honorable response.
(c) Safe response.
(d) Reasonable response.
3. According to the Chorus, who is Zeus's father?
4. Dionysus has taken what form so he can punish people?
(a) A minotaur.
(b) A monster.
(c) A human.
(d) A pheonix.
5. The Chorus says that sophistry is not what?
6. Who honors Dionysus's mother's burial site?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brother.
7. Tiresius says that failing to give honor where honor is due is what?
(a) Real madness.
(b) A folly.
(c) Inviting revenge.
(d) A shame.
8. The Chorus wants Thebes to "burst forth" with boughs of what?
(a) Oak and pine.
(b) Maple and pine.
(c) Evergreen and pine.
(d) Holly and pine.
9. Pentheus accuses Tiresius of supporting Dionysus for what reasons?
(a) Misguided reasons.
(b) Dishonest reasons.
(c) Selfish reasons.
(d) Hurtful reasons.
10. What is the Parodos?
(a) A hymn of praise.
(b) A hymn of lament.
(c) A hymn of desire.
(d) A hymn of longing.
11. Who are the Bacchae?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) Dionysus's followers.
(c) The priests of Dionysus.
(d) The unbelivers.
12. Why does Pentheus want the women to spin at the loom?
(a) To honor other gods and goddesses.
(b) To quiet their drumming.
(c) To do something with their lives.
(d) To make things for him.
13. According to the Chorus, what is hateful to Dionysus?
(a) Not treating guests as family.
(b) Not believing in divinity.
(c) Not living the life of bliss.
(d) Not caring about the feasts.
14. Who is the writer of this play?
15. According to the Chorus, who dwells on Cyprus?
(a) The alluring gods.
(b) The tempting gods.
(c) The love gods.
(d) The lust gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. On which mountain do the Pierian Muses have their "haunt most fair?"
2. What is the point the Chorus makes in their second ode?
3. Pentheus scolds Cadmus for looking ________.
4. Who is Pentheus's father?
5. What do the worshipers of Dionysus dress in?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)