|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dionysus cause to infect the women of Thebes?
2. Which foreign river is never fed by rain, according to the Chorus?
3. When Dionysus was born, he was crowned with a coronal of what?
4. What kind of meat do the worshipers of Dionysus eat?
(a) Cooked meat.
(b) Raw meat.
(c) Old meat.
(d) Fresh meat.
5. Who honors Dionysus's mother's burial site?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her son.
6. Dionysus wants to punish people in Thebes for what?
(a) Not honoring him at their festivals.
(b) Not worshiping him as a god.
(c) Not having a temple for him.
(d) Not giving tributes to him.
7. What does Tiresius suffer from?
8. Tiresius tells Pentheus that the story of Dionysus is a what?
9. How does the servant who brings Dionysus in to Pentheus refer to Dionysus?
(a) As prey.
(b) As a king.
(c) As a man.
(d) As a slave.
10. What place does the Chorus call the "haunt of beasts?"
11. If you aim too high, and miss the pleasures within your reach, the Chorus would consider you a what?
(a) Madman and fool.
(b) Madman and rich.
(c) Madman and idiot.
(d) Madman and philospher.
12. What are Tiresius and Cadmus planning on doing?
(a) Praying to Dionysus in the temple.
(b) Partying with the women.
(c) Pretending to be women.
(d) Honoring Dionysus.
13. Pentheus orders the capture of Dionysus and who?
(a) The people giving money to the cult.
(b) The leader of the cult.
(c) The women.
(d) All his followers.
14. According to the Chorus, who is Dirce's father?
15. What is the Parodos?
(a) A hymn of desire.
(b) A hymn of lament.
(c) A hymn of praise.
(d) A hymn of longing.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus, in the Parodos, describes the joy of worship with what?
2. Who are the Bacchae?
3. When Dionysus says, multiple times, that the god is before Pentheus, what is Pentheus' reaction?
4. Pentheus is ______ by the worshipers of Dionysus.
5. Tiresius tells Pentheus not to rely on what, to dominate mankind?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)