Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Pentheus's mother at the beginning of the play?
(a) By herself in her rooms.
(b) With the other women.
(c) Traveling abroad.
(d) In the catacombs.
2. Dionysus wants to punish people in Thebes for what?
(a) Not worshiping him as a god.
(b) Not giving tributes to him.
(c) Not honoring him at their festivals.
(d) Not having a temple for him.
3. What instrument does the Chorus say Dionysus can "wake?"
(a) The flute.
(b) The piano.
(c) The harp.
(d) The banjo.
4. When Dionysus was born, he was crowned with a coronal of what?
5. Because of what happened to the women, the soldier thinks that Dionysus causes what?
6. According to the Chorus, who dwells on Cyprus?
(a) The alluring gods.
(b) The love gods.
(c) The lust gods.
(d) The tempting gods.
7. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus enters for the first time?
(b) The Soldier.
(c) The Messenger.
8. The Chorus says that Dionysus makes his followers laugh away what?
(a) Small things.
(b) Differences between them.
(c) Dull care.
(d) Life's troubles.
9. Who is Hera?
(a) Zeus's wife.
(b) Zeus's mistress.
(c) Zeus's sister.
(d) Zeus's mother.
10. What is the Chorus praying for in the second ode?
(a) The intervention of Zeus.
(b) The intervention of Dionysus.
(c) The release of their cult leader.
(d) The release of the women.
11. Who honors Dionysus's mother's burial site?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brother.
12. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who cures the grief of the ________ and the ________.
(a) Woman, man.
(b) Adult, child.
(c) Rich, poor.
(d) Slave, master.
13. Pentheus is obsessed with what aspect of the women's behavior?
(a) Their childish behavior.
(b) Their prayerful behavior.
(c) Their honest behavior.
(d) Their sexual behavior.
14. How does the servant who brings Dionysus in to Pentheus refer to Dionysus?
(a) As prey.
(b) As a man.
(c) As a slave.
(d) As a king.
15. What is the Axius?
(a) A river.
(b) A stream.
(c) A sea.
(d) An ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dionysus has taken what form so he can punish people?
2. What is the point the Chorus makes in their second ode?
3. When Dionysus says, multiple times, that the god is before Pentheus, what is Pentheus' reaction?
4. Why does Pentheus become enraged when questioning his prisoner?
5. Who is Pentheus's father?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)