Short Essay Questions Key
1. What is the secret that Dionysus reveals to the audience in the Prologue but not to the other characters?
The secret that Dionysus reveals to the audience in the Prologue but not to the other characters is that he will be in disguise as the leader of his cult.
2. What is the reason Dionysus came to Thebes?
Dionysus came to Thebes because he wants revenge on those of Thebes who do not worship him as a god.
3. Who does Dionysus intend to vindicate by coming to Thebes?
Dionysus intends to vindicate his mother, Semele, by coming to Thebes.
4. When Hera found out about the love affair between Zeus and Semele, what did Semele question?
When Hera found out about the love affair between Zeus and Semele, it caused Semele to question whether the one she loved was really the god, Zeus.
5. What was the wish Zeus granted Semele?
The wish Zeus granted to Semele was that he reveal himself as a god.
This section contains 1,711 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)