|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Exodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus suggests that worship is the only ________ ________ to the gods.
(a) Safe response.
(b) Reasonable response.
(c) Appropriate response.
(d) Honorable response.
2. How does Dionysus promise Pentheus he will return to the city?
(a) With much riches.
(b) In the arms of his mother.
(c) Wiser in the ways of the gods.
3. What does Pentheus hope to do when he leaves the palace in disguise?
(a) Spy on the women.
(b) Retrieve his mother.
(c) Find Dionysus.
(d) Leave the city.
4. Who is the "king" for the Chorus?
5. When Dionysus refers to "the seats of Nymphs" and "the place of Pan" what is he referring to?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus says that true wisdom, as granted by the heavens to the mortals, is to gain mastery over what?
2. In the Chorus's first lines, they believe that a happy man is one who leads what kind of life?
3. What form does the Chorus plead for Dionysus to show up in front of them as?
4. Who is Dionysus's father?
5. When Dionysus was born, he was crowned with a coronal of what?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)