|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Exodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Chorus says "Like a colt that gambols at its mother's side," who are they saying is the colt?
(a) The worshipers of Dionysus.
(c) The Greeks.
2. Who says, "By this name, O Baccic god, I now proclaim thee to Thebes?"
(b) The Chorus.
3. At the beginning of the play, where are the women of Thebes?
(a) In their homes.
(b) In the temple.
(c) At the river.
(d) Outside the city.
4. Who are the Bacchae?
(a) The priests of Dionysus.
(b) The unbelivers.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) Dionysus's followers.
5. What destroyed Dionysus's mother?
(a) A lightening strike.
(b) A thunder storm.
(c) A thunder strike.
(d) A lightening flash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pentheus is obsessed with what aspect of the women's behavior?
2. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who brings what?
3. How does Dionysus promise Pentheus he will return to the city?
4. How does the servant who brings Dionysus in to Pentheus refer to Dionysus?
5. What streams did the messenger cross once outside of Thebes?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)