|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Exodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Cadmus first speaks to Agave when she returns, what does she say she is carrying in her hands?
(a) A deer.
(b) A bull.
(c) A lion.
(d) A hunter.
2. Why does Pentheus become enraged when questioning his prisoner?
(a) The prisoner only speaks in riddles.
(b) He doesn't like the prisoner's answers.
(c) He doesn't understand the prisoner.
(d) The prisoner doesn't answer him.
3. The Chorus says that Dionysus is the "nurse divine of _______."
4. Who is the "king" for the Chorus?
5. What destroyed Dionysus's mother?
(a) A thunder strike.
(b) A thunder storm.
(c) A lightening strike.
(d) A lightening flash.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the play, where are the women of Thebes?
2. The Chorus wants Thebes to "burst forth" with boughs of what?
3. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who brings what?
4. Pentheus is obsessed with what aspect of the women's behavior?
5. When Dionysus speaks to Pentheus for the first time, where does he say his home is?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)