|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Exodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who honors Dionysus's mother's burial site?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her son.
2. What story does Pentheus scoff at?
(a) Dionysus's birth.
(b) Dionysus's prophet.
(c) Dionysus's life.
(d) Dionysus's travels.
3. Cadmus doesn't say whether or not he believes Dionysus is a god, but tells Pentheus that it would be wise of Pentheus to treat Dionysus as what?
(a) A god.
(b) An honored guest.
(c) A family member.
(d) A king.
4. The Chorus asks Dionysus to lead them places and act as their what?
(a) Divine guide.
(b) Celestial guide.
(c) Godly guide.
(d) Kingly guide.
5. Who used his lute to gather trees to his ministry?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who cures the grief of the ________ and the ________.
2. Where is Pentheus's mother at the beginning of the play?
3. When Pentheus orders Dionysus locked up, who does he think Dionysus is?
4. Why did Pentheus's mother not recognize him?
5. Who does Dionysus address in the play's prologue?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)