|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Exodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the soldier when he brings Dionysus, what happened to the women in their prison?
(a) They are not eating.
(b) They are free.
(c) They are dead.
(d) They are sleeping.
2. Who ripped Pentheus apart?
3. When Pentheus leaves the palace, what is he dressed as?
(a) A commoner.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A bacchant.
(d) A shepherd.
4. When Dionysus refers to "the seats of Nymphs" and "the place of Pan" what is he referring to?
5. The Chorus says that true wisdom, as granted by the heavens to the mortals, is to gain mastery over what?
(a) The wilderness.
(b) Other men.
(c) The beasts of the field.
(d) A fallen foe.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cadmus first speaks to Agave when she returns, what does she say she is carrying in her hands?
2. How many gates does Pentheus say Thebes has?
3. When the Chorus says that there are a "myriad of hopes for all the myriad minds," what does myriad mean?
4. What part of Pentheus is his mother carrying to the city?
5. The Chorus says, "I envy not deep _______."
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)