|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Exodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus wants Thebes to "burst forth" with boughs of what?
(a) Holly and pine.
(b) Maple and pine.
(c) Oak and pine.
(d) Evergreen and pine.
2. Pentheus holds what title?
3. When Dionysus speaks to Pentheus for the first time, where does he say his home is?
4. According to the Chorus, where did Pentheus put his prisoner?
(a) A stinky stable.
(b) A gloomy dungeon.
(c) A hole in the earth.
(d) A tower too high to climb.
5. What word describes both Tiresius and Cadmus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Tiresius tells Pentheus not to rely on what, to dominate mankind?
2. When DIonysus says, "Thy change of mind compels thy praise," with what tone does he say those words?
3. What is the Chorus celebrating in the fifth ode?
4. In the Chorus's first lines, they believe that a happy man is one who leads what kind of life?
5. Pentheus says that "women must not be mastered" by what?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)