|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Exodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dionysus address in the play's prologue?
(a) His mother.
(b) The audience.
(c) His father.
2. Who ripped the tree out of the ground?
(a) A bull.
(b) The women.
(c) Pentheus' sister.
3. Tiresius says that failing to give honor where honor is due is what?
(a) Inviting revenge.
(b) A folly.
(c) Real madness.
(d) A shame.
4. Because of what happened to the women, the soldier thinks that Dionysus causes what?
5. What happens to Agave at the end of the play?
(a) She is banished.
(b) She suicides.
(c) She becomes a priestess.
(d) She is killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pentheus holding is his right hand?
2. This Chorus's point of view is that Dionysus is what?
3. A happy man, according to the Chorus, is one who from day to day has his life what?
4. Why did Pentheus "fall fainting?"
5. The first messenger reports that when they tried to bring Pentheus's mother back from the group of women, the women went mad and destroyed what?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)