|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Exodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hellas?
(b) A temple in Delphi.
(c) The after-life.
(d) A mountain.
2. What did Dionysus raise "twixt heaven and earth" when he spoke from heaven?
(a) A waterfall.
(b) A darkness.
(c) A column of flame.
(d) A cloud.
3. Because of what happened to the women, the soldier thinks that Dionysus causes what?
4. What is Thebes?
(a) A region.
(b) A state.
(c) A city-state.
(d) A country.
5. What is the Parodos?
(a) A hymn of longing.
(b) A hymn of lament.
(c) A hymn of desire.
(d) A hymn of praise.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus says that true wisdom, as granted by the heavens to the mortals, is to gain mastery over what?
2. What does Pentheus hope to do when he leaves the palace in disguise?
3. When the Chorus says, "Will this white-foot e'er join the night long dance," who is the white-foot they are referring to?
4. Wildness and _________ are synonymous with the worship of Dionysus.
5. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)