|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Exodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Chorus say led Pentheus to his doom?
(a) A bull.
(b) A nymph.
(c) A man.
(d) A centaur.
2. Pentheus is obsessed with what aspect of the women's behavior?
(a) Their sexual behavior.
(b) Their childish behavior.
(c) Their prayerful behavior.
(d) Their honest behavior.
3. The power of the gods, according to the Chorus, corrects the mortal what?
4. If you aim too high, and miss the pleasures within your reach, the Chorus would consider you a what?
(a) Madman and philospher.
(b) Madman and fool.
(c) Madman and rich.
(d) Madman and idiot.
5. Who is the "king" for the Chorus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which foreign river is never fed by rain, according to the Chorus?
2. The Chorus says that although their triumph is glorious, it ends in what?
3. Who are the Bacchae?
4. The Chorus extolls the virtue of simple what?
5. The Chorus shares the belief of Tiresius and Cadmus that to honor the divine is what?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)