|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Exodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened that released Dionysus from prison?
(a) A flood.
(b) A jail-break.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A fire.
2. Dionysus wants to punish people in Thebes for what?
(a) Not honoring him at their festivals.
(b) Not having a temple for him.
(c) Not giving tributes to him.
(d) Not worshiping him as a god.
3. When the first messenger describes how the women slept, what word does he use?
4. Where does the first messenger say he comes from?
5. How does the Chorus function, in relation to Dionysus, in the fifth ode?
(a) As a conscience to Dionysus.
(b) As a distinct being, different from Dionysus.
(c) As a sister to Dionysus.
(d) As an extension of Dionysus.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first line of the fourth ode, how does the Chorus refer to the women?
2. The Chorus says, "What ______ ______ the earth-born race displays."
3. What are Tiresius and Cadmus planning on doing?
4. The first messenger reports that when they tried to bring Pentheus's mother back from the group of women, the women went mad and destroyed what?
5. What did Pentheus tie up instead of binding Dionysus's hands and feet?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)