|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Exodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the worshipers of Dionysus dress in?
(a) Leaves and branches.
(b) Robes of purple.
(c) Animal skins.
(d) Simple clothes.
2. According to the Chorus, who was "sprung of a dragon of old?"
3. What happens to Agave at the end of the play?
(a) She is killed.
(b) She becomes a priestess.
(c) She suicides.
(d) She is banished.
4. When Pentheus leaves the palace, what is he dressed as?
(a) A commoner.
(b) A bacchant.
(c) A shepherd.
(d) A farmer.
5. How does the Chorus think that a mortal man should "live out his day and night?"
(a) In sadness and sorrow.
(b) In purity and holiness.
(c) In happiness and lust.
(d) In prayer and song.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who struck Pentheus after his mother?
2. Because of what happened to the women, the soldier thinks that Dionysus causes what?
3. When the Chorus says, "Will this white-foot e'er join the night long dance," who is the white-foot they are referring to?
4. How did Pentheus die?
5. What kind of relationship did Dionysus's father have with his mother?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)