|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Exodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rises from the site of Dionysus's mother's death?
(a) A mountain.
(c) A tree.
(d) A vine.
2. When Pentheus leaves the palace, what is he dressed as?
(a) A bacchant.
(b) A shepherd.
(c) A commoner.
(d) A farmer.
3. The Chorus extolls the virtue of simple what?
4. The Chorus says that Dionysus makes his followers laugh away what?
(a) Dull care.
(b) Life's troubles.
(c) Small things.
(d) Differences between them.
5. What is the Parodos?
(a) A hymn of praise.
(b) A hymn of lament.
(c) A hymn of desire.
(d) A hymn of longing.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Chorus says that there are a "myriad of hopes for all the myriad minds," what does myriad mean?
2. Cadmus tells Pentheus that if he would call Dionysus a god, it would do what?
3. What word describes both Tiresius and Cadmus?
4. Who is the "king" for the Chorus?
5. Who speaks the last five lines of the play?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)