|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Exodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Pentheus's mother at the beginning of the play?
(a) By herself in her rooms.
(b) With the other women.
(c) In the catacombs.
(d) Traveling abroad.
2. The Chorus extols the virtues of the simple man who lives within what?
(a) The social boundaries.
(b) The walls with his family.
(c) The means of his life.
(d) The traditions of his people.
3. How does Tiresius respond to Pentheus's order to destroy his property?
(a) With pity.
(b) With fear.
(c) With rage.
(d) With anger.
4. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
5. The Chorus compares "tossing my neck to heaven's dewey breath" to what animal?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pentheus says that "women must not be mastered" by what?
2. Who is Pentheus's father?
3. Who is the "king" for the Chorus?
4. Tiresius says that failing to give honor where honor is due is what?
5. According to the messenger, what has Pentheus's mother won?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)