|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Exodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tiresius respond to Pentheus's order to destroy his property?
(a) With rage.
(b) With anger.
(c) With fear.
(d) With pity.
2. What are Tiresius and Cadmus planning on doing?
(a) Praying to Dionysus in the temple.
(b) Partying with the women.
(c) Honoring Dionysus.
(d) Pretending to be women.
3. Who is supposed to be inspired by the Chorus's fourth ode?
(a) The nymphs.
(c) The Bacchants.
4. Who speaks the last five lines of the play?
(a) The Chorus.
5. What is Hellas?
(a) The after-life.
(b) A mountain.
(c) A temple in Delphi.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Chorus, who will be the first person to "mark" Pentheus?
2. The Chorus says that Dionysus makes his followers laugh away what?
3. When the Chorus says that there are a "myriad of hopes for all the myriad minds," what does myriad mean?
4. The Chorus says that although divine power is slow, it will punish who?
5. When Cadmus first speaks to Agave when she returns, what does she say she is carrying in her hands?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)