|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Exodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pentheus holding is his right hand?
(a) A sword.
(b) A wine bottle.
(c) A thyrsus.
(d) A crown.
2. Why did Pentheus "fall fainting?"
(a) He was poisoned.
(b) He was exhausted.
(c) He was made to do so by the gods.
(d) He was overwhelmed.
3. The Chorus suggests that worship is the only ________ ________ to the gods.
(a) Appropriate response.
(b) Reasonable response.
(c) Safe response.
(d) Honorable response.
4. Which foreign river is never fed by rain, according to the Chorus?
5. The Chorus says that Cyprus is the isle of what goddess?
Short Answer Questions
1. What place does the Chorus call the "haunt of beasts?"
2. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing?
3. What is the Chorus praying for in the second ode?
4. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus starts their fourth ode?
5. According to the Chorus, why does Dionysus chase the goat?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)