|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Exodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The power of the gods, according to the Chorus, corrects the mortal what?
2. What does the Chorus refer to as the "sure pledge of death" for Pentheus?
(a) Holding the fair crown of leaves.
(b) Holding the fair Bacchic wand.
(c) Holding the fair golden chalice.
(d) Holding the fair serpent girdle.
3. How does the Chorus function, in relation to Dionysus, in the fifth ode?
(a) As an extension of Dionysus.
(b) As a sister to Dionysus.
(c) As a distinct being, different from Dionysus.
(d) As a conscience to Dionysus.
4. The Chorus compares "tossing my neck to heaven's dewey breath" to what animal?
5. What is the Parodos?
(a) A hymn of longing.
(b) A hymn of desire.
(c) A hymn of praise.
(d) A hymn of lament.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Chorus, when is it right to override the laws of custom?
2. The Chorus says, "I envy not deep _______."
3. Where did Dionysus place Pentheus so he could get a better look?
4. What characterizes Pentheus's mother's knowledge about her actions to her son, according to the Chorus in the fifth ode?
5. The Chorus says, "What ______ ______ the earth-born race displays."
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)