|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Exodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus asks Dionysus to lead them places and act as their what?
(a) Kingly guide.
(b) Divine guide.
(c) Celestial guide.
(d) Godly guide.
2. What reason did Dionysus give to the women when he ordered them to take their vengeance on Pentheus?
(a) For pretending to be a woman.
(b) For not believing in Dionysus.
(c) For mocking their rites.
(d) For trying to bring them home by force.
3. How does the Chorus think that a mortal man should "live out his day and night?"
(a) In prayer and song.
(b) In purity and holiness.
(c) In sadness and sorrow.
(d) In happiness and lust.
4. Who saves Cadmus and his wife and sends them to the land of the blessed?
5. What story does Pentheus scoff at?
(a) Dionysus's travels.
(b) Dionysus's life.
(c) Dionysus's birth.
(d) Dionysus's prophet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Chorus characterize Pentheus's intent to meddle with the rites of Dionysus?
2. Pentheus holds what title?
3. What body part kept Dionysus until he was born?
4. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who cures the grief of the ________ and the ________.
5. What word describes both Tiresius and Cadmus?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)