|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Exodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Chorus describe Pentheus's mother's looks in the fifth ode?
(a) Wild raging hair.
(b) Wild rolling eyes.
(c) Wild ridiculous makeup.
(d) Wild rank garments.
2. What story is told in the Chorus's first appearance?
(a) Dionysus's history.
(b) Dionysus's birth.
(c) Dionysus's revenge.
(d) Dionysus's death.
3. When DIonysus says, "Thy change of mind compels thy praise," with what tone does he say those words?
4. What is Hellas?
(a) A mountain.
(c) A temple in Delphi.
(d) The after-life.
5. According to the Chorus, where did Pentheus put his prisoner?
(a) A gloomy dungeon.
(b) A stinky stable.
(c) A hole in the earth.
(d) A tower too high to climb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "enriches with his waters a fair land of steeds?"
2. In the Chorus's first lines, they believe that a happy man is one who leads what kind of life?
3. Cadmus tells Pentheus that if he would call Dionysus a god, it would do what?
4. Who ripped Pentheus apart?
5. What does Tiresius suffer from?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)