|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Exodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dionysus was born, he was crowned with a coronal of what?
2. Why does Pentheus want the women to spin at the loom?
(a) To honor other gods and goddesses.
(b) To do something with their lives.
(c) To make things for him.
(d) To quiet their drumming.
3. The Chorus compares "tossing my neck to heaven's dewey breath" to what animal?
4. Who is Dionysus's father?
5. What rises from the site of Dionysus's mother's death?
(a) A vine.
(c) A mountain.
(d) A tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What place does the Chorus call the "haunt of beasts?"
2. How many gates does Pentheus say Thebes has?
3. The Chorus says that true wisdom, as granted by the heavens to the mortals, is to gain mastery over what?
4. Wildness and _________ are synonymous with the worship of Dionysus.
5. Tiresius tells Pentheus that the story of Dionysus is a what?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)