|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Exodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the soldier ashamed to bring Dionysus to Pentheus?
(a) Because the soldier doesn't like Pentheus.
(b) Because the soldier believes in Dionysus as a god.
(c) Because he is an old man.
(d) Because he came so willingly.
2. Where is Pentheus's mother at the beginning of the play?
(a) Traveling abroad.
(b) With the other women.
(c) By herself in her rooms.
(d) In the catacombs.
3. Why does the first messenger not want to tell Pentheus the truth of what he saw?
(a) He didn't see anything.
(b) He fears Pentheus's delight.
(c) He doesn't know the truth.
(d) He fears Pentheus's rage.
4. Where has the cult that is in Thebes come from?
5. According to the Chorus, the end of all unbridled speech would bring what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The power of the gods, according to the Chorus, corrects the mortal what?
2. Why does Pentheus become enraged when questioning his prisoner?
3. What rises from the site of Dionysus's mother's death?
4. When DIonysus says, "Thy change of mind compels thy praise," with what tone does he say those words?
5. Who honors Dionysus's mother's burial site?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)