|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Exodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dionysus address in the play's prologue?
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) The audience.
2. When DIonysus says, "Thy change of mind compels thy praise," with what tone does he say those words?
3. What describes the stories that Pentheus shares about the women and their worship of Dionysus?
4. According to the Chorus, what is hateful to Dionysus?
(a) Not believing in divinity.
(b) Not caring about the feasts.
(c) Not living the life of bliss.
(d) Not treating guests as family.
5. The Chorus, in the Parodos, describes the joy of worship with what?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the play, where are the women of Thebes?
2. Tiresius says that failing to give honor where honor is due is what?
3. When the Chorus says that there are a "myriad of hopes for all the myriad minds," what does myriad mean?
4. How many gates does Pentheus say Thebes has?
5. What kind of herd was the first messenger driving when he came upon the women?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)