|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tiresius tells Pentheus not to rely on what, to dominate mankind?
2. What did Dionysus cause to infect the women of Thebes?
3. What form does the Chorus plead for Dionysus to show up in front of them as?
(a) A lion breating flame.
(b) A dragon with teeth snapping.
(c) A bear growling in anger.
(d) A horse ready for battle.
4. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who brings what?
5. If you aim too high, and miss the pleasures within your reach, the Chorus would consider you a what?
(a) Madman and rich.
(b) Madman and idiot.
(c) Madman and philospher.
(d) Madman and fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the first messenger describes how the women slept, what word does he use?
2. Which foreign river is never fed by rain, according to the Chorus?
3. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who cures the grief of the ________ and the ________.
4. What happened that released Dionysus from prison?
5. How does the servant who brings Dionysus in to Pentheus refer to Dionysus?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)