|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If you aim too high, and miss the pleasures within your reach, the Chorus would consider you a what?
(a) Madman and idiot.
(b) Madman and philospher.
(c) Madman and rich.
(d) Madman and fool.
2. Which foreign river is never fed by rain, according to the Chorus?
3. Wildness and _________ are synonymous with the worship of Dionysus.
4. During the third ode, the Chorus looks forward to what?
(a) Pentheus's homage to Dionysus.
(b) Dionysus's revenge.
(c) Pentheus's success.
(d) Dionysus's reconciliation with his family.
5. What reason did Dionysus give to the women when he ordered them to take their vengeance on Pentheus?
(a) For pretending to be a woman.
(b) For not believing in Dionysus.
(c) For trying to bring them home by force.
(d) For mocking their rites.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pentheus scolds Cadmus for looking ________.
2. The Chorus says that "true wisdom is keeping the heart and soul aloof" from what?
3. According to the Chorus, who dwells on Cyprus?
4. The power of the gods, according to the Chorus, corrects the mortal what?
5. How many suns does Pentheus see when he comes out in his disguise?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)