|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pentheus hope to do when he leaves the palace in disguise?
(a) Leave the city.
(b) Spy on the women.
(c) Retrieve his mother.
(d) Find Dionysus.
2. This Chorus's point of view is that Dionysus is what?
3. What is the point the Chorus makes in their second ode?
(a) Denouncing Pentheus.
(b) Mocking Pentheus.
(c) Honoring Pentheus.
(d) Praising Pentheus.
4. According to the Chorus, the end of all unbridled speech would bring what?
5. How does Tiresius respond to Pentheus's order to destroy his property?
(a) With anger.
(b) With rage.
(c) With fear.
(d) With pity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pentheus become enraged when questioning his prisoner?
2. When Pentheus orders Dionysus locked up, who does he think Dionysus is?
3. What kind of meat do the worshipers of Dionysus eat?
4. What does the Chorus predict that Agave will say Pentheus was born from?
5. Who honors Dionysus's mother's burial site?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)