|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus shares the belief of Tiresius and Cadmus that to honor the divine is what?
(a) A waste of time.
(b) Only for the rich.
(c) A tradition.
(d) Common sense.
2. What would a follower of Dionysus "brandish" while wearing a crown of ivy?
(a) A thyrsus.
(b) A frustus.
(c) A spear.
(d) A sword.
3. What word describes both Tiresius and Cadmus?
4. Who ripped Pentheus apart?
5. Where is Pentheus's mother at the beginning of the play?
(a) In the catacombs.
(b) Traveling abroad.
(c) With the other women.
(d) By herself in her rooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus suggests that worship is the only ________ ________ to the gods.
2. What does Tiresius suffer from?
3. Cadmus tells Pentheus that if he would call Dionysus a god, it would do what?
4. Who is the writer of this play?
5. The Chorus asks Dionysus to lead them places and act as their what?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)