|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If you aim too high, and miss the pleasures within your reach, the Chorus would consider you a what?
(a) Madman and rich.
(b) Madman and fool.
(c) Madman and idiot.
(d) Madman and philospher.
2. How does the Chorus think that a mortal man should "live out his day and night?"
(a) In sadness and sorrow.
(b) In prayer and song.
(c) In purity and holiness.
(d) In happiness and lust.
3. According to the Chorus, who dwells on Cyprus?
(a) The alluring gods.
(b) The love gods.
(c) The tempting gods.
(d) The lust gods.
4. When the Chorus says that there are a "myriad of hopes for all the myriad minds," what does myriad mean?
5. Pentheus accuses Tiresius of supporting Dionysus for what reasons?
(a) Selfish reasons.
(b) Misguided reasons.
(c) Hurtful reasons.
(d) Dishonest reasons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pentheus says that "women must not be mastered" by what?
2. Where has the cult that is in Thebes come from?
3. The Chorus says that Dionysus makes his followers laugh away what?
4. Who is the writer of this play?
5. According to the Chorus, why does Dionysus chase the goat?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)