|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the point the Chorus makes in their second ode?
(a) Mocking Pentheus.
(b) Denouncing Pentheus.
(c) Praising Pentheus.
(d) Honoring Pentheus.
2. Where does the first messenger say he comes from?
3. At the beginning of the play, where are the women of Thebes?
(a) Outside the city.
(b) In the temple.
(c) In their homes.
(d) At the river.
4. The Chorus extols the virtues of the simple man who lives within what?
(a) The social boundaries.
(b) The traditions of his people.
(c) The means of his life.
(d) The walls with his family.
5. How many gates does Pentheus say Thebes has?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pentheus is ______ by the worshipers of Dionysus.
2. Pentheus accuses Tiresius of supporting Dionysus for what reasons?
3. What rises from the site of Dionysus's mother's death?
4. Where is Pentheus's mother at the beginning of the play?
5. Pentheus holds what title?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)