|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus suggests that worship is the only ________ ________ to the gods.
(a) Appropriate response.
(b) Safe response.
(c) Reasonable response.
(d) Honorable response.
2. This Chorus's point of view is that Dionysus is what?
3. What does Dionysus ask the Chorus to "abandon" Pentheus's halls to?
(a) The unbelievers.
(b) The flames.
(c) The hills.
(d) The animals.
4. Why does the first messenger not want to tell Pentheus the truth of what he saw?
(a) He doesn't know the truth.
(b) He fears Pentheus's delight.
(c) He fears Pentheus's rage.
(d) He didn't see anything.
5. In the first line of the fourth ode, how does the Chorus refer to the women?
(a) The wild women.
(b) The daughters of Dionysus.
(c) The happy souls of wine.
(d) The daughters of Cadmus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Dionysus place Pentheus so he could get a better look?
2. When Dionysus speaks to Pentheus for the first time, Dionysus says that all foreigners celebrate his mysteries with what?
3. Who used his lute to gather trees to his ministry?
4. Who is supposed to be inspired by the Chorus's fourth ode?
5. What did Pentheus tie up instead of binding Dionysus's hands and feet?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)