|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the worshipers of Dionysus dress in?
(a) Leaves and branches.
(b) Animal skins.
(c) Robes of purple.
(d) Simple clothes.
2. What is the Chorus praying for in the second ode?
(a) The release of the women.
(b) The intervention of Zeus.
(c) The intervention of Dionysus.
(d) The release of their cult leader.
3. What emotion is the Chorus trying to inspire in their fourth ode?
4. What relationship is Pentheus to Dionysus?
5. Cadmus doesn't say whether or not he believes Dionysus is a god, but tells Pentheus that it would be wise of Pentheus to treat Dionysus as what?
(a) A god.
(b) An honored guest.
(c) A family member.
(d) A king.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Chorus says that there are a "myriad of hopes for all the myriad minds," what does myriad mean?
2. What story does Pentheus scoff at?
3. When Dionysus says, multiple times, that the god is before Pentheus, what is Pentheus' reaction?
4. How does the Chorus think that a mortal man should "live out his day and night?"
5. The Chorus extols the virtues of the simple man who lives within what?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)