|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Pentheus "fall fainting?"
(a) He was exhausted.
(b) He was made to do so by the gods.
(c) He was overwhelmed.
(d) He was poisoned.
2. What does the Chorus predict that Agave will say Pentheus was born from?
(a) A tigress.
(b) A lioness.
(c) A she-cow.
(d) A mare.
3. Pentheus accuses Tiresius of supporting Dionysus for what reasons?
(a) Selfish reasons.
(b) Dishonest reasons.
(c) Hurtful reasons.
(d) Misguided reasons.
4. Who ripped the tree out of the ground?
(b) The women.
(c) A bull.
(d) Pentheus' sister.
5. What is the Chorus praying for in the second ode?
(a) The release of the women.
(b) The intervention of Zeus.
(c) The release of their cult leader.
(d) The intervention of Dionysus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hera?
2. According to the Chorus, why does Dionysus chase the goat?
3. What is Pentheus holding is his right hand?
4. What kind of monster does the Chorus think Agave might say Pentheus is birthed from?
5. What would a follower of Dionysus "brandish" while wearing a crown of ivy?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)