|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would a follower of Dionysus "brandish" while wearing a crown of ivy?
(a) A spear.
(b) A frustus.
(c) A sword.
(d) A thyrsus.
2. What is Pentheus holding is his right hand?
(a) A wine bottle.
(b) A thyrsus.
(c) A crown.
(d) A sword.
3. According to the messenger, what has Pentheus's mother won?
4. What destroyed Dionysus's mother?
(a) A thunder storm.
(b) A lightening strike.
(c) A lightening flash.
(d) A thunder strike.
5. What rises from the site of Dionysus's mother's death?
(b) A mountain.
(c) A tree.
(d) A vine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Chorus referring to when they say "earth-born?"
2. The Chorus says that "true wisdom is keeping the heart and soul aloof" from what?
3. Cadmus doesn't say whether or not he believes Dionysus is a god, but tells Pentheus that it would be wise of Pentheus to treat Dionysus as what?
4. Who is the writer of this play?
5. Why is the soldier ashamed to bring Dionysus to Pentheus?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)