|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus says that Cyprus is the isle of what goddess?
2. The Chorus says that true wisdom, as granted by the heavens to the mortals, is to gain mastery over what?
(a) The wilderness.
(b) A fallen foe.
(c) Other men.
(d) The beasts of the field.
3. The Chorus compares "tossing my neck to heaven's dewey breath" to what animal?
4. Who ripped Pentheus apart?
5. The Chorus extols the virtues of the simple man who lives within what?
(a) The traditions of his people.
(b) The walls with his family.
(c) The social boundaries.
(d) The means of his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Cadmus and Tiresius talk to Pentheus, what does the Chorus call Pentheus?
2. The Chorus suggests that worship is the only ________ ________ to the gods.
3. Who says, "By this name, O Baccic god, I now proclaim thee to Thebes?"
4. What are Tiresius and Cadmus planning on doing?
5. The Chorus says that Dionysus is the "nurse divine of _______."
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)