|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pentheus become enraged when questioning his prisoner?
(a) He doesn't understand the prisoner.
(b) The prisoner doesn't answer him.
(c) He doesn't like the prisoner's answers.
(d) The prisoner only speaks in riddles.
2. Why did Pentheus's mother not recognize him?
(a) She was mad.
(b) She was blind.
(c) Dionysus made her forget.
(d) He was disguised.
3. On which mountain do the Pierian Muses have their "haunt most fair?"
(a) Mt. Othella.
(b) Mt. Oppilos.
(c) Mt. Olympus.
(d) Mt. Olives.
4. According to the Chorus, why does Dionysus chase the goat?
(a) To eat its meat.
(b) To have company.
(c) To drink its blood.
(d) To wear its horns.
5. Who brings the news that Pentheus is dead?
(a) The third messenger.
(b) The second messenger.
(c) The fifth messenger.
(d) The fourth messenger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus enters for the first time?
2. What rises from the site of Dionysus's mother's death?
3. What kind of heart does the Chorus think Pentheus has in his quest against the women?
4. When Dionysus speaks to Pentheus for the first time, Dionysus says that all foreigners celebrate his mysteries with what?
5. When Dionysus speaks to Pentheus for the first time, where does he say his home is?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)