|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Parodos?
(a) A hymn of longing.
(b) A hymn of lament.
(c) A hymn of praise.
(d) A hymn of desire.
2. What place does the Chorus call the "haunt of beasts?"
3. How does Dionysus tell Pentheus to "step out" while he is in disguise?
(a) With his right foot.
(b) Happily, with the air of gladness.
(d) Stealthy lest none should see him.
4. How does Tiresius respond to Pentheus's order to destroy his property?
(a) With fear.
(b) With rage.
(c) With pity.
(d) With anger.
5. Pentheus says that "women must not be mastered" by what?
(a) Tricks and magic.
(b) Unworthy men.
(c) Pretend gods.
(d) Brute force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story is told in the Chorus's first appearance?
2. Where does the first messenger say he comes from?
3. If you aim too high, and miss the pleasures within your reach, the Chorus would consider you a what?
4. What word describes both Tiresius and Cadmus?
5. Why did Pentheus's mother not recognize him?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)