|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus extols the virtues of the simple man who lives within what?
(a) The means of his life.
(b) The walls with his family.
(c) The traditions of his people.
(d) The social boundaries.
2. How does Pentheus feel about the task he is undertaking in disguise?
3. Tiresius tells Pentheus that the story of Dionysus is a what?
4. According to the Chorus, who dwells on Cyprus?
(a) The love gods.
(b) The alluring gods.
(c) The tempting gods.
(d) The lust gods.
5. How many suns does Pentheus see when he comes out in his disguise?
(d) None - it is night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pentheus is disturbed by the conversation with Cadmus and Tiresius and orders the destruction of Tiresius's what?
2. The Chorus, in the Parodos, describes the joy of worship with what?
3. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who cures the grief of the ________ and the ________.
4. According to the Chorus, why does Dionysus chase the goat?
5. When DIonysus says, "Thy change of mind compels thy praise," with what tone does he say those words?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)