|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the first messenger not want to tell Pentheus the truth of what he saw?
(a) He didn't see anything.
(b) He fears Pentheus's delight.
(c) He fears Pentheus's rage.
(d) He doesn't know the truth.
2. Who is the Chorus referring to when they say "earth-born?"
3. Why does Pentheus want the women to spin at the loom?
(a) To do something with their lives.
(b) To honor other gods and goddesses.
(c) To make things for him.
(d) To quiet their drumming.
4. What kind of herd was the first messenger driving when he came upon the women?
5. The Chorus suggests that worship is the only ________ ________ to the gods.
(a) Honorable response.
(b) Reasonable response.
(c) Safe response.
(d) Appropriate response.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dionysus address in the play's prologue?
2. Pentheus is disturbed by the conversation with Cadmus and Tiresius and orders the destruction of Tiresius's what?
3. Tiresius tells Pentheus that the story of Dionysus is a what?
4. Pentheus says that he will do what to the women he has captured?
5. Because of what happened to the women, the soldier thinks that Dionysus causes what?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)