|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What body part kept Dionysus until he was born?
(a) An arm.
(b) A head.
(c) A thigh.
(d) A stomach.
2. When Pentheus leaves the palace, what is he dressed as?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A bacchant.
(c) A shepherd.
(d) A commoner.
3. Tiresius tells Pentheus not to rely on what, to dominate mankind?
4. Who says, "By this name, O Baccic god, I now proclaim thee to Thebes?"
(c) The Chorus.
5. Pentheus says that he will do what to the women he has captured?
(a) Return them to their families.
(b) Make them his mistresses.
(c) Keep them in the prison.
(d) Sell them as slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus wants Thebes to "burst forth" with boughs of what?
2. At the beginning of the play, where are the women of Thebes?
3. This Chorus's point of view is that Dionysus is what?
4. What is Hellas?
5. The Chorus says, "What ______ ______ the earth-born race displays."
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)