|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus says that sophistry is not what?
2. How does Dionysus promise Pentheus he will return to the city?
(a) Wiser in the ways of the gods.
(c) With much riches.
(d) In the arms of his mother.
3. Where does the first messenger say he comes from?
4. Who is the "king" for the Chorus?
5. According to the Chorus, who was "sprung of a dragon of old?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Pentheus scolds Cadmus for looking ________.
2. What does Pentheus hope to do when he leaves the palace in disguise?
3. Wildness and _________ are synonymous with the worship of Dionysus.
4. Tiresius tells Pentheus not to rely on what, to dominate mankind?
5. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)