|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Chorus referring to when they say "earth-born?"
2. At the beginning of the play, where are the women of Thebes?
(a) At the river.
(b) In their homes.
(c) Outside the city.
(d) In the temple.
3. What destroyed Dionysus's mother?
(a) A lightening flash.
(b) A lightening strike.
(c) A thunder strike.
(d) A thunder storm.
4. How does the servant who brings Dionysus in to Pentheus refer to Dionysus?
(a) As prey.
(b) As a king.
(c) As a man.
(d) As a slave.
5. How does Tiresius respond to Pentheus's order to destroy his property?
(a) With rage.
(b) With fear.
(c) With anger.
(d) With pity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dionysus say the problem is with Pentheus's dress?
2. What kind of relationship did Dionysus's father have with his mother?
3. Pentheus scolds Cadmus for looking ________.
4. What is the point the Chorus makes in their second ode?
5. The Chorus compares being happy to escaping what, from the sea?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)