|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pentheus orders Dionysus locked up, who does he think Dionysus is?
(a) A god.
(b) The cult leader.
(c) A fellow king.
(d) A cult follower.
2. When the Chorus says that there are a "myriad of hopes for all the myriad minds," what does myriad mean?
3. The Chorus wants Thebes to "burst forth" with boughs of what?
(a) Maple and pine.
(b) Evergreen and pine.
(c) Holly and pine.
(d) Oak and pine.
4. What is the Chorus praying for in the second ode?
(a) The release of the women.
(b) The release of their cult leader.
(c) The intervention of Dionysus.
(d) The intervention of Zeus.
5. Why does the first messenger not want to tell Pentheus the truth of what he saw?
(a) He fears Pentheus's rage.
(b) He doesn't know the truth.
(c) He didn't see anything.
(d) He fears Pentheus's delight.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus shares the belief of Tiresius and Cadmus that to honor the divine is what?
2. The Chorus says that sophistry is not what?
3. On which mountain do the Pierian Muses have their "haunt most fair?"
4. Who is the writer of this play?
5. When Dionysus speaks to Pentheus for the first time, where does he say his home is?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)