|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Chorus, where did Pentheus put his prisoner?
(a) A hole in the earth.
(b) A gloomy dungeon.
(c) A tower too high to climb.
(d) A stinky stable.
2. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing on their heads?
(a) Garlands of leaves.
(b) Wreaths of branches.
(c) Crowns of gold.
(d) Garlands of flowers.
3. What place does the Chorus call the "haunt of beasts?"
4. Pentheus is disturbed by the conversation with Cadmus and Tiresius and orders the destruction of Tiresius's what?
5. What is the Parodos?
(a) A hymn of longing.
(b) A hymn of praise.
(c) A hymn of lament.
(d) A hymn of desire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pentheus is ______ by the worshipers of Dionysus.
2. When Dionysus says, multiple times, that the god is before Pentheus, what is Pentheus' reaction?
3. What do the worshipers of Dionysus dress in?
4. The Chorus shares the belief of Tiresius and Cadmus that to honor the divine is what?
5. How does Dionysus promise Pentheus he will return to the city?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)