|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Pentheus scoff at?
(a) Dionysus's prophet.
(b) Dionysus's birth.
(c) Dionysus's life.
(d) Dionysus's travels.
2. Why does Pentheus become enraged when questioning his prisoner?
(a) The prisoner doesn't answer him.
(b) He doesn't understand the prisoner.
(c) The prisoner only speaks in riddles.
(d) He doesn't like the prisoner's answers.
3. What is Hellas?
(b) The after-life.
(c) A mountain.
(d) A temple in Delphi.
4. Why does Pentheus want the women to spin at the loom?
(a) To honor other gods and goddesses.
(b) To make things for him.
(c) To quiet their drumming.
(d) To do something with their lives.
5. Why did Pentheus "fall fainting?"
(a) He was overwhelmed.
(b) He was exhausted.
(c) He was made to do so by the gods.
(d) He was poisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing on their heads?
2. What does Tiresius suffer from?
3. What relationship is Pentheus to Dionysus?
4. Cadmus tells Pentheus that if he would call Dionysus a god, it would do what?
5. Why is the soldier ashamed to bring Dionysus to Pentheus?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)