|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "By this name, O Baccic god, I now proclaim thee to Thebes?"
(d) The Chorus.
2. What story does Pentheus scoff at?
(a) Dionysus's birth.
(b) Dionysus's travels.
(c) Dionysus's life.
(d) Dionysus's prophet.
3. The Chorus asks Dionysus to lead them places and act as their what?
(a) Godly guide.
(b) Kingly guide.
(c) Divine guide.
(d) Celestial guide.
4. Pentheus accuses Tiresius of supporting Dionysus for what reasons?
(a) Selfish reasons.
(b) Misguided reasons.
(c) Dishonest reasons.
(d) Hurtful reasons.
5. What "enriches with his waters a fair land of steeds?"
(a) The father of sprinklers.
(b) The father of irrigation.
(c) The father of rivers.
(d) The father of streams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tiresius tells Pentheus that the story of Dionysus is a what?
2. The Chorus wants Thebes to "burst forth" with boughs of what?
3. What destroyed Dionysus's mother?
4. Who used his lute to gather trees to his ministry?
5. When the Chorus says that there are a "myriad of hopes for all the myriad minds," what does myriad mean?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)