|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Chorus, who dwells on Cyprus?
(a) The love gods.
(b) The tempting gods.
(c) The lust gods.
(d) The alluring gods.
2. What kind of herd was the first messenger driving when he came upon the women?
3. When the Chorus says "Like a colt that gambols at its mother's side," who are they saying is the colt?
(b) The worshipers of Dionysus.
(c) The Greeks.
4. What body part kept Dionysus until he was born?
(a) A stomach.
(b) A head.
(c) A thigh.
(d) An arm.
5. What relationship is Pentheus to Dionysus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Cadmus doesn't say whether or not he believes Dionysus is a god, but tells Pentheus that it would be wise of Pentheus to treat Dionysus as what?
2. What did Pentheus tie up instead of binding Dionysus's hands and feet?
3. According to the soldier when he brings Dionysus, what happened to the women in their prison?
4. A happy man, according to the Chorus, is one who from day to day has his life what?
5. The Chorus extols the virtues of the simple man who lives within what?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)