|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the worshipers of Dionysus dress in?
(a) Robes of purple.
(b) Animal skins.
(c) Simple clothes.
(d) Leaves and branches.
2. How many gates does Pentheus say Thebes has?
3. The Chorus says that although divine power is slow, it will punish who?
(a) The false gods.
(b) The misguided.
(c) The arrogant.
(d) All people.
4. According to the Chorus, who is Zeus's father?
5. Who are the Bacchae?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) The unbelivers.
(c) Dionysus's followers.
(d) The priests of Dionysus.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus extolls the virtue of simple what?
2. Pentheus is obsessed with what aspect of the women's behavior?
3. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
4. The first messenger reports that when they tried to bring Pentheus's mother back from the group of women, the women went mad and destroyed what?
5. In the Chorus's first lines, they believe that a happy man is one who leads what kind of life?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)