|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus enters for the first time?
(a) The Messenger.
(c) The Soldier.
2. The Chorus compares being happy to escaping what, from the sea?
(a) The waves.
(b) The sharks.
(c) The traps.
(d) The undertow.
3. What would a follower of Dionysus "brandish" while wearing a crown of ivy?
(a) A spear.
(b) A sword.
(c) A thyrsus.
(d) A frustus.
4. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who brings what?
5. What do the women tie around their waists, according to the first messenger?
Short Answer Questions
1. What "enriches with his waters a fair land of steeds?"
2. The Chorus says, "What ______ ______ the earth-born race displays."
3. On which mountain do the Pierian Muses have their "haunt most fair?"
4. The first messenger reports that when they tried to bring Pentheus's mother back from the group of women, the women went mad and destroyed what?
5. If you aim too high, and miss the pleasures within your reach, the Chorus would consider you a what?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)