|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of meat do the worshipers of Dionysus eat?
(a) Fresh meat.
(b) Raw meat.
(c) Cooked meat.
(d) Old meat.
2. The Chorus extols the virtues of the simple man who lives within what?
(a) The means of his life.
(b) The traditions of his people.
(c) The social boundaries.
(d) The walls with his family.
3. The Chorus says, "What ______ ______ the earth-born race displays."
(a) Deep feelings.
(b) Strong hatred.
(c) Furious rage.
(d) Handsome emotions.
4. After Cadmus and Tiresius talk to Pentheus, what does the Chorus call Pentheus?
(a) A fool.
(b) A blasphemer.
(c) A miser.
(d) A dead man.
5. What is Hellas?
(a) A mountain.
(b) The after-life.
(c) A temple in Delphi.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Chorus says that there are a "myriad of hopes for all the myriad minds," what does myriad mean?
2. According to the Chorus, who dwells on Cyprus?
3. According to the Chorus, where did Pentheus put his prisoner?
4. Pentheus says that "women must not be mastered" by what?
5. What are Tiresius and Cadmus planning on doing?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)