|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pentheus leaves the palace, what is he dressed as?
(a) A bacchant.
(b) A shepherd.
(c) A commoner.
(d) A farmer.
2. Why did Pentheus "fall fainting?"
(a) He was exhausted.
(b) He was made to do so by the gods.
(c) He was poisoned.
(d) He was overwhelmed.
3. Dionysus has taken what form so he can punish people?
(a) A pheonix.
(b) A monster.
(c) A human.
(d) A minotaur.
4. The Chorus extols the virtues of the simple man who lives within what?
(a) The social boundaries.
(b) The means of his life.
(c) The traditions of his people.
(d) The walls with his family.
5. What "enriches with his waters a fair land of steeds?"
(a) The father of streams.
(b) The father of rivers.
(c) The father of irrigation.
(d) The father of sprinklers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Axius?
2. Pentheus is ______ by the worshipers of Dionysus.
3. Who is Pentheus's father?
4. Pentheus is obsessed with what aspect of the women's behavior?
5. According to the Chorus, who was "sprung of a dragon of old?"
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)