|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Axius?
(a) A river.
(b) A sea.
(c) A stream.
(d) An ocean.
2. Who is the "king" for the Chorus?
3. The Chorus says that Cyprus is the isle of what goddess?
4. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who brings what?
5. When Pentheus orders Dionysus locked up, who does he think Dionysus is?
(a) A fellow king.
(b) The cult leader.
(c) A god.
(d) A cult follower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the writer of this play?
2. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
3. What story is told in the Chorus's first appearance?
4. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing on their heads?
5. Why did Pentheus "fall fainting?"
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)