|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus shares the belief of Tiresius and Cadmus that to honor the divine is what?
(a) A waste of time.
(b) Common sense.
(c) Only for the rich.
(d) A tradition.
2. Who is Pentheus's father?
3. What do the worshipers of Dionysus dress in?
(a) Simple clothes.
(b) Animal skins.
(c) Robes of purple.
(d) Leaves and branches.
4. How does Tiresius respond to Pentheus's order to destroy his property?
(a) With pity.
(b) With fear.
(c) With rage.
(d) With anger.
5. What do the women tie around their waists, according to the first messenger?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing on their heads?
2. When Dionysus refers to "the seats of Nymphs" and "the place of Pan" what is he referring to?
3. When the first messenger describes how the women slept, what word does he use?
4. On which mountain do the Pierian Muses have their "haunt most fair?"
5. When DIonysus says, "Thy change of mind compels thy praise," with what tone does he say those words?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)