|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The power of the gods, according to the Chorus, corrects the mortal what?
2. What rises from the site of Dionysus's mother's death?
(a) A vine.
(b) A tree.
(d) A mountain.
3. What is the point the Chorus makes in their second ode?
(a) Praising Pentheus.
(b) Honoring Pentheus.
(c) Mocking Pentheus.
(d) Denouncing Pentheus.
4. When Pentheus leaves the palace, what is he dressed as?
(a) A bacchant.
(b) A shepherd.
(c) A commoner.
(d) A farmer.
5. The Chorus says that although divine power is slow, it will punish who?
(a) All people.
(b) The misguided.
(c) The false gods.
(d) The arrogant.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Chorus, the end of all unbridled speech would bring what?
2. The first messenger reports that when they tried to bring Pentheus's mother back from the group of women, the women went mad and destroyed what?
3. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus enters for the first time?
4. According to the Chorus, who dwells on Cyprus?
5. Where is Pentheus's mother at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)