|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus says that "true wisdom is keeping the heart and soul aloof" from what?
(a) Heavy thinkers.
(b) Over-thinking philosophers.
(c) Over-subtle wits.
(d) Over-educated men.
2. Wildness and _________ are synonymous with the worship of Dionysus.
3. What are Tiresius and Cadmus planning on doing?
(a) Pretending to be women.
(b) Partying with the women.
(c) Honoring Dionysus.
(d) Praying to Dionysus in the temple.
4. Why does the first messenger not want to tell Pentheus the truth of what he saw?
(a) He doesn't know the truth.
(b) He fears Pentheus's delight.
(c) He didn't see anything.
(d) He fears Pentheus's rage.
5. According to the Chorus, when is it right to override the laws of custom?
(a) When it is in the interests of the people.
(c) When it is in the interests of the gods.
(d) On occasion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dionysus cause to infect the women of Thebes?
2. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
3. Where does the first messenger say he comes from?
4. The Chorus says, "What ______ ______ the earth-born race displays."
5. What kind of relationship did Dionysus's father have with his mother?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)