|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pentheus hope to do when he leaves the palace in disguise?
(a) Retrieve his mother.
(b) Find Dionysus.
(c) Spy on the women.
(d) Leave the city.
2. When Pentheus orders Dionysus locked up, who does he think Dionysus is?
(a) A cult follower.
(b) A fellow king.
(c) The cult leader.
(d) A god.
3. How many gates does Pentheus say Thebes has?
4. The Chorus, in the Parodos, describes the joy of worship with what?
5. What kind of meat do the worshipers of Dionysus eat?
(a) Cooked meat.
(b) Fresh meat.
(c) Old meat.
(d) Raw meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Pentheus "fall fainting?"
2. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus enters for the first time?
3. Pentheus is disturbed by the conversation with Cadmus and Tiresius and orders the destruction of Tiresius's what?
4. Who is the writer of this play?
5. Pentheus accuses Tiresius of supporting Dionysus for what reasons?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)