|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dionysus wants to punish people in Thebes for what?
(a) Not giving tributes to him.
(b) Not worshiping him as a god.
(c) Not honoring him at their festivals.
(d) Not having a temple for him.
2. According to the Chorus, why does Dionysus chase the goat?
(a) To drink its blood.
(b) To have company.
(c) To wear its horns.
(d) To eat its meat.
3. Why does the first messenger not want to tell Pentheus the truth of what he saw?
(a) He didn't see anything.
(b) He fears Pentheus's rage.
(c) He doesn't know the truth.
(d) He fears Pentheus's delight.
4. When Dionysus was born, he was crowned with a coronal of what?
5. When the Chorus says that there are a "myriad of hopes for all the myriad minds," what does myriad mean?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the "king" for the Chorus?
2. The Chorus wants Thebes to "burst forth" with boughs of what?
3. What describes the stories that Pentheus shares about the women and their worship of Dionysus?
4. The Chorus shares the belief of Tiresius and Cadmus that to honor the divine is what?
5. What kind of herd was the first messenger driving when he came upon the women?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)