|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dionysus refers to "the seats of Nymphs" and "the place of Pan" what is he referring to?
2. In the Chorus's first lines, they believe that a happy man is one who leads what kind of life?
3. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus enters for the first time?
(a) The Messenger.
(d) The Soldier.
4. What instrument does the Chorus say Dionysus can "wake?"
(a) The flute.
(b) The banjo.
(c) The piano.
(d) The harp.
5. What relationship is Pentheus to Dionysus?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Chorus, who is Zeus's father?
2. The Chorus extols the virtues of the simple man who lives within what?
3. When the first messenger describes how the women slept, what word does he use?
4. According to the Chorus, where did Pentheus put his prisoner?
5. How does Dionysus tell Pentheus to "step out" while he is in disguise?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)