|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the third ode, the Chorus looks forward to what?
(a) Dionysus's reconciliation with his family.
(b) Pentheus's success.
(c) Dionysus's revenge.
(d) Pentheus's homage to Dionysus.
2. Who used his lute to gather trees to his ministry?
3. The Chorus says that true wisdom, as granted by the heavens to the mortals, is to gain mastery over what?
(a) Other men.
(b) A fallen foe.
(c) The beasts of the field.
(d) The wilderness.
4. After Cadmus and Tiresius talk to Pentheus, what does the Chorus call Pentheus?
(a) A fool.
(b) A blasphemer.
(c) A dead man.
(d) A miser.
5. What are Tiresius and Cadmus planning on doing?
(a) Praying to Dionysus in the temple.
(b) Pretending to be women.
(c) Partying with the women.
(d) Honoring Dionysus.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Chorus says, "Will this white-foot e'er join the night long dance," who is the white-foot they are referring to?
2. The Chorus wants Thebes to "burst forth" with boughs of what?
3. Pentheus scolds Cadmus for looking ________.
4. When Pentheus leaves the palace, what is he dressed as?
5. Pentheus holds what title?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)