|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What place does the Chorus call the "haunt of beasts?"
2. Where is Pentheus's mother at the beginning of the play?
(a) With the other women.
(b) Traveling abroad.
(c) By herself in her rooms.
(d) In the catacombs.
3. What is the point the Chorus makes in their second ode?
(a) Denouncing Pentheus.
(b) Honoring Pentheus.
(c) Mocking Pentheus.
(d) Praising Pentheus.
4. What is Semele?
(a) A mortal.
(b) A spirit.
(c) A goddess.
(d) A nymph.
5. What does Tiresius suffer from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What rises from the site of Dionysus's mother's death?
2. What word describes both Tiresius and Cadmus?
3. Who is Pentheus's father?
4. According to the Chorus, where did Pentheus put his prisoner?
5. According to the soldier when he brings Dionysus, what happened to the women in their prison?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)