|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the soldier ashamed to bring Dionysus to Pentheus?
(a) Because he came so willingly.
(b) Because he is an old man.
(c) Because the soldier doesn't like Pentheus.
(d) Because the soldier believes in Dionysus as a god.
2. Pentheus is ______ by the worshipers of Dionysus.
3. Who is the writer of this play?
4. Cadmus tells Pentheus that if he would call Dionysus a god, it would do what?
(a) Calm the women.
(b) Stop his desire for revenge.
(c) Honor the whole family.
(d) Prevent disaster.
5. What "enriches with his waters a fair land of steeds?"
(a) The father of streams.
(b) The father of irrigation.
(c) The father of rivers.
(d) The father of sprinklers.
Short Answer Questions
1. This Chorus's point of view is that Dionysus is what?
2. Why does Pentheus become enraged when questioning his prisoner?
3. Who does Dionysus address in the play's prologue?
4. According to the Chorus, the end of all unbridled speech would bring what?
5. What would a follower of Dionysus "brandish" while wearing a crown of ivy?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)