|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the soldier ashamed to bring Dionysus to Pentheus?
(a) Because the soldier believes in Dionysus as a god.
(b) Because the soldier doesn't like Pentheus.
(c) Because he came so willingly.
(d) Because he is an old man.
2. The Chorus extolls the virtue of simple what?
3. What do the worshipers of Dionysus dress in?
(a) Animal skins.
(b) Leaves and branches.
(c) Robes of purple.
(d) Simple clothes.
4. What destroyed Dionysus's mother?
(a) A thunder storm.
(b) A lightening flash.
(c) A thunder strike.
(d) A lightening strike.
5. What is the Parodos?
(a) A hymn of desire.
(b) A hymn of longing.
(c) A hymn of praise.
(d) A hymn of lament.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pentheus become enraged when questioning his prisoner?
2. When Dionysus was born, he was crowned with a coronal of what?
3. Who used his lute to gather trees to his ministry?
4. Pentheus holds what title?
5. According to the Chorus, why does Dionysus chase the goat?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)