|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What body part kept Dionysus until he was born?
(a) A thigh.
(b) An arm.
(c) A head.
(d) A stomach.
2. When Pentheus orders Dionysus locked up, who does he think Dionysus is?
(a) A god.
(b) A fellow king.
(c) The cult leader.
(d) A cult follower.
3. What is Semele?
(a) A goddess.
(b) A mortal.
(c) A nymph.
(d) A spirit.
4. Pentheus is ______ by the worshipers of Dionysus.
5. Because of what happened to the women, the soldier thinks that Dionysus causes what?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Chorus, who dwells on Cyprus?
2. Pentheus says that he will do what to the women he has captured?
3. Why does Pentheus become enraged when questioning his prisoner?
4. The Chorus says that Cyprus is the isle of what goddess?
5. What word describes both Tiresius and Cadmus?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)