|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Chorus's first lines, they believe that a happy man is one who leads what kind of life?
2. Why is the soldier ashamed to bring Dionysus to Pentheus?
(a) Because the soldier doesn't like Pentheus.
(b) Because he is an old man.
(c) Because he came so willingly.
(d) Because the soldier believes in Dionysus as a god.
3. The Chorus asks Dionysus to lead them places and act as their what?
(a) Godly guide.
(b) Kingly guide.
(c) Divine guide.
(d) Celestial guide.
4. Who used his lute to gather trees to his ministry?
5. What place does the Chorus call the "haunt of beasts?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What would a follower of Dionysus "brandish" while wearing a crown of ivy?
2. What does Tiresius suffer from?
3. Pentheus accuses Tiresius of supporting Dionysus for what reasons?
4. According to the Chorus, who is Dirce's father?
5. The Chorus says that "true wisdom is keeping the heart and soul aloof" from what?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)