|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dionysus says, multiple times, that the god is before Pentheus, what is Pentheus' reaction?
(a) He is greatful.
(b) He is awed.
(c) He is full of praise.
(d) He is confused.
2. What is the Parodos?
(a) A hymn of lament.
(b) A hymn of praise.
(c) A hymn of longing.
(d) A hymn of desire.
3. Why does Pentheus want the women to spin at the loom?
(a) To quiet their drumming.
(b) To make things for him.
(c) To do something with their lives.
(d) To honor other gods and goddesses.
4. Which foreign river is never fed by rain, according to the Chorus?
5. What rises from the site of Dionysus's mother's death?
(a) A mountain.
(b) A tree.
(c) A vine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Pentheus scoff at?
2. According to the soldier when he brings Dionysus, what happened to the women in their prison?
3. What did Dionysus cause to infect the women of Thebes?
4. Pentheus orders the capture of Dionysus and who?
5. What story is told in the Chorus's first appearance?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)