|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus extolls the virtue of simple what?
2. Who is Dionysus's father?
3. When Dionysus was born, he was crowned with a coronal of what?
4. Who used his lute to gather trees to his ministry?
5. What is Semele?
(a) A spirit.
(b) A goddess.
(c) A nymph.
(d) A mortal.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dionysus speaks to Pentheus for the first time, where does he say his home is?
2. Because of what happened to the women, the soldier thinks that Dionysus causes what?
3. What do the worshipers of Dionysus dress in?
4. The Chorus suggests that worship is the only ________ ________ to the gods.
5. Why does Pentheus want the women to spin at the loom?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)