|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Chorus's first lines, they believe that a happy man is one who leads what kind of life?
2. How does Tiresius respond to Pentheus's order to destroy his property?
(a) With rage.
(b) With anger.
(c) With pity.
(d) With fear.
3. Which foreign river is never fed by rain, according to the Chorus?
4. Pentheus is obsessed with what aspect of the women's behavior?
(a) Their childish behavior.
(b) Their prayerful behavior.
(c) Their honest behavior.
(d) Their sexual behavior.
5. According to the Chorus, where did Pentheus put his prisoner?
(a) A tower too high to climb.
(b) A gloomy dungeon.
(c) A hole in the earth.
(d) A stinky stable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Bacchae?
2. According to the soldier when he brings Dionysus, what happened to the women in their prison?
3. Pentheus orders the capture of Dionysus and who?
4. According to the Chorus, who is Dirce's father?
5. The Chorus says that Dionysus makes his followers laugh away what?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)