|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Semele?
(a) A nymph.
(b) A mortal.
(c) A spirit.
(d) A goddess.
2. What is the Chorus praying for in the second ode?
(a) The release of the women.
(b) The intervention of Dionysus.
(c) The intervention of Zeus.
(d) The release of their cult leader.
3. According to the Chorus, who is Dirce's father?
4. When Dionysus was born, he was crowned with a coronal of what?
5. Who does Dionysus address in the play's prologue?
(a) The audience.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. If you aim too high, and miss the pleasures within your reach, the Chorus would consider you a what?
2. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
3. What does Tiresius suffer from?
4. The Chorus says that Dionysus makes his followers laugh away what?
5. According to the soldier when he brings Dionysus, what happened to the women in their prison?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)