|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pentheus accuses Tiresius of supporting Dionysus for what reasons?
(a) Selfish reasons.
(b) Hurtful reasons.
(c) Dishonest reasons.
(d) Misguided reasons.
2. If you aim too high, and miss the pleasures within your reach, the Chorus would consider you a what?
(a) Madman and fool.
(b) Madman and rich.
(c) Madman and idiot.
(d) Madman and philospher.
3. What did Dionysus cause to infect the women of Thebes?
4. Pentheus is obsessed with what aspect of the women's behavior?
(a) Their honest behavior.
(b) Their childish behavior.
(c) Their prayerful behavior.
(d) Their sexual behavior.
5. According to the Chorus, where did Pentheus put his prisoner?
(a) A stinky stable.
(b) A tower too high to climb.
(c) A gloomy dungeon.
(d) A hole in the earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who honors Dionysus's mother's burial site?
2. The Chorus asks Dionysus to lead them places and act as their what?
3. What story is told in the Chorus's first appearance?
4. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
5. What do the worshipers of Dionysus dress in?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)