|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If you aim too high, and miss the pleasures within your reach, the Chorus would consider you a what?
(a) Madman and philospher.
(b) Madman and rich.
(c) Madman and fool.
(d) Madman and idiot.
2. This Chorus's point of view is that Dionysus is what?
3. What is the Chorus praying for in the second ode?
(a) The intervention of Dionysus.
(b) The release of their cult leader.
(c) The intervention of Zeus.
(d) The release of the women.
4. What describes the stories that Pentheus shares about the women and their worship of Dionysus?
5. Pentheus is obsessed with what aspect of the women's behavior?
(a) Their honest behavior.
(b) Their sexual behavior.
(c) Their childish behavior.
(d) Their prayerful behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Chorus, who is Zeus's father?
2. Tiresius tells Pentheus not to rely on what, to dominate mankind?
3. What body part kept Dionysus until he was born?
4. Who used his lute to gather trees to his ministry?
5. Who is Pentheus's father?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)