|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story is told in the Chorus's first appearance?
(a) Dionysus's death.
(b) Dionysus's birth.
(c) Dionysus's revenge.
(d) Dionysus's history.
2. According to the Chorus, who is Dirce's father?
3. Tiresius tells Pentheus that the story of Dionysus is a what?
4. What is Semele?
(a) A mortal.
(b) A spirit.
(c) A goddess.
(d) A nymph.
5. What body part kept Dionysus until he was born?
(a) A thigh.
(b) A stomach.
(c) An arm.
(d) A head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What place does the Chorus call the "haunt of beasts?"
2. Pentheus says that he will do what to the women he has captured?
3. What did Dionysus cause to infect the women of Thebes?
4. If you aim too high, and miss the pleasures within your reach, the Chorus would consider you a what?
5. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing on their heads?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)