|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dionysus cause to infect the women of Thebes?
2. According to the Chorus, who was "sprung of a dragon of old?"
3. Because of what happened to the women, the soldier thinks that Dionysus causes what?
4. Why does Pentheus want the women to spin at the loom?
(a) To honor other gods and goddesses.
(b) To do something with their lives.
(c) To make things for him.
(d) To quiet their drumming.
5. Pentheus holds what title?
Short Answer Questions
1. Cadmus doesn't say whether or not he believes Dionysus is a god, but tells Pentheus that it would be wise of Pentheus to treat Dionysus as what?
2. When Dionysus speaks to Pentheus for the first time, Dionysus says that all foreigners celebrate his mysteries with what?
3. Tiresius tells Pentheus that the story of Dionysus is a what?
4. Wildness and _________ are synonymous with the worship of Dionysus.
5. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)