|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pentheus's father?
2. The Chorus says that "true wisdom is keeping the heart and soul aloof" from what?
(a) Over-subtle wits.
(b) Over-educated men.
(c) Over-thinking philosophers.
(d) Heavy thinkers.
3. Where has the cult that is in Thebes come from?
4. The Chorus wants Thebes to "burst forth" with boughs of what?
(a) Evergreen and pine.
(b) Oak and pine.
(c) Holly and pine.
(d) Maple and pine.
5. Where is Pentheus's mother at the beginning of the play?
(a) By herself in her rooms.
(b) With the other women.
(c) In the catacombs.
(d) Traveling abroad.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
2. The Chorus says that Dionysus makes his followers laugh away what?
3. The Chorus says that sophistry is not what?
4. What would a follower of Dionysus "brandish" while wearing a crown of ivy?
5. What instrument does the Chorus say Dionysus can "wake?"
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)