|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the writer of this play?
2. In the Chorus's first lines, they believe that a happy man is one who leads what kind of life?
3. Pentheus is disturbed by the conversation with Cadmus and Tiresius and orders the destruction of Tiresius's what?
4. At the beginning of the play, where are the women of Thebes?
(a) At the river.
(b) In the temple.
(c) Outside the city.
(d) In their homes.
5. Who is Dionysus's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Chorus, who is Zeus's father?
2. Where is Pentheus's mother at the beginning of the play?
3. What is the Parodos?
4. What is the point the Chorus makes in their second ode?
5. When Dionysus was born, he was crowned with a coronal of what?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)