|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has the cult that is in Thebes come from?
2. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing on their heads?
(a) Crowns of gold.
(b) Garlands of flowers.
(c) Wreaths of branches.
(d) Garlands of leaves.
3. What are Tiresius and Cadmus planning on doing?
(a) Honoring Dionysus.
(b) Praying to Dionysus in the temple.
(c) Partying with the women.
(d) Pretending to be women.
4. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus enters for the first time?
(a) The Messenger.
(b) The Soldier.
5. Who says, "By this name, O Baccic god, I now proclaim thee to Thebes?"
(c) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the worshipers of Dionysus dress in?
2. Pentheus scolds Cadmus for looking ________.
3. Tiresius tells Pentheus not to rely on what, to dominate mankind?
4. Pentheus orders the capture of Dionysus and who?
5. Which foreign river is never fed by rain, according to the Chorus?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)