|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
2. What is the point the Chorus makes in their second ode?
(a) Mocking Pentheus.
(b) Denouncing Pentheus.
(c) Honoring Pentheus.
(d) Praising Pentheus.
3. Which foreign river is never fed by rain, according to the Chorus?
4. What rises from the site of Dionysus's mother's death?
(b) A mountain.
(c) A vine.
(d) A tree.
5. Pentheus scolds Cadmus for looking ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Parodos?
2. Why does Pentheus become enraged when questioning his prisoner?
3. Pentheus says that he will do what to the women he has captured?
4. Dionysus wants to punish people in Thebes for what?
5. The Chorus says that Dionysus is the "nurse divine of _______."
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)