|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Pentheus scoff at?
(a) Dionysus's life.
(b) Dionysus's birth.
(c) Dionysus's prophet.
(d) Dionysus's travels.
2. Pentheus is ______ by the worshipers of Dionysus.
3. Why does Pentheus become enraged when questioning his prisoner?
(a) He doesn't understand the prisoner.
(b) He doesn't like the prisoner's answers.
(c) The prisoner doesn't answer him.
(d) The prisoner only speaks in riddles.
4. Cadmus tells Pentheus that if he would call Dionysus a god, it would do what?
(a) Calm the women.
(b) Honor the whole family.
(c) Stop his desire for revenge.
(d) Prevent disaster.
5. According to the soldier when he brings Dionysus, what happened to the women in their prison?
(a) They are dead.
(b) They are free.
(c) They are not eating.
(d) They are sleeping.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Chorus, what is hateful to Dionysus?
2. According to the Chorus, who is Zeus's father?
3. The Chorus says that sophistry is not what?
4. Pentheus is disturbed by the conversation with Cadmus and Tiresius and orders the destruction of Tiresius's what?
5. What body part kept Dionysus until he was born?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)