|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus enters for the first time?
(b) The Messenger.
(c) The Soldier.
2. If you aim too high, and miss the pleasures within your reach, the Chorus would consider you a what?
(a) Madman and fool.
(b) Madman and philospher.
(c) Madman and rich.
(d) Madman and idiot.
3. When Dionysus speaks to Pentheus for the first time, where does he say his home is?
4. What is the point the Chorus makes in their second ode?
(a) Honoring Pentheus.
(b) Praising Pentheus.
(c) Denouncing Pentheus.
(d) Mocking Pentheus.
5. Who used his lute to gather trees to his ministry?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Chorus, what is hateful to Dionysus?
2. According to the Chorus, who is Dirce's father?
3. Which foreign river is never fed by rain, according to the Chorus?
4. What is the Axius?
5. The Chorus says that Dionysus is the "nurse divine of _______."
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)