|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What body part kept Dionysus until he was born?
(a) An arm.
(b) A head.
(c) A stomach.
(d) A thigh.
2. According to the Chorus, what is hateful to Dionysus?
(a) Not caring about the feasts.
(b) Not living the life of bliss.
(c) Not believing in divinity.
(d) Not treating guests as family.
3. The Chorus says that Cyprus is the isle of what goddess?
4. According to the Chorus, who is Dirce's father?
5. Who is Pentheus's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What story is told in the Chorus's first appearance?
2. How does the servant who brings Dionysus in to Pentheus refer to Dionysus?
3. When Pentheus orders Dionysus locked up, who does he think Dionysus is?
4. What do the worshipers of Dionysus dress in?
5. Tiresius says that failing to give honor where honor is due is what?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)