|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What place does the Chorus call the "haunt of beasts?"
2. What rises from the site of Dionysus's mother's death?
(b) A mountain.
(c) A vine.
(d) A tree.
3. Pentheus says that he will do what to the women he has captured?
(a) Keep them in the prison.
(b) Make them his mistresses.
(c) Sell them as slaves.
(d) Return them to their families.
4. Where has the cult that is in Thebes come from?
5. Cadmus tells Pentheus that if he would call Dionysus a god, it would do what?
(a) Prevent disaster.
(b) Stop his desire for revenge.
(c) Honor the whole family.
(d) Calm the women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who used his lute to gather trees to his ministry?
2. How does the servant who brings Dionysus in to Pentheus refer to Dionysus?
3. What story does Pentheus scoff at?
4. Tiresius says that failing to give honor where honor is due is what?
5. Pentheus is disturbed by the conversation with Cadmus and Tiresius and orders the destruction of Tiresius's what?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)