|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the servant who brings Dionysus in to Pentheus refer to Dionysus?
(a) As a man.
(b) As a king.
(c) As a slave.
(d) As prey.
2. What "enriches with his waters a fair land of steeds?"
(a) The father of streams.
(b) The father of rivers.
(c) The father of sprinklers.
(d) The father of irrigation.
3. What word describes both Tiresius and Cadmus?
4. Pentheus is disturbed by the conversation with Cadmus and Tiresius and orders the destruction of Tiresius's what?
5. Who is Dionysus's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would a follower of Dionysus "brandish" while wearing a crown of ivy?
2. According to the soldier when he brings Dionysus, what happened to the women in their prison?
3. Dionysus wants to punish people in Thebes for what?
4. How does Tiresius respond to Pentheus's order to destroy his property?
5. When Dionysus speaks to Pentheus for the first time, Dionysus says that all foreigners celebrate his mysteries with what?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)