|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing?
(a) Sheep skins.
(b) Deer skins.
(c) Cow skins.
(d) Fawn skins.
2. How does the servant who brings Dionysus in to Pentheus refer to Dionysus?
(a) As a slave.
(b) As a king.
(c) As a man.
(d) As prey.
3. Cadmus doesn't say whether or not he believes Dionysus is a god, but tells Pentheus that it would be wise of Pentheus to treat Dionysus as what?
(a) A king.
(b) A family member.
(c) An honored guest.
(d) A god.
4. What story is told in the Chorus's first appearance?
(a) Dionysus's birth.
(b) Dionysus's history.
(c) Dionysus's death.
(d) Dionysus's revenge.
5. Who are the Bacchae?
(a) Dionysus's followers.
(b) The priests of Dionysus.
(c) The unbelivers.
(d) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hera?
2. Who is the Chorus referring to when they say "earth-born?"
3. In the Chorus's first lines, they believe that a happy man is one who leads what kind of life?
4. Who is the writer of this play?
5. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who brings what?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)