|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Pentheus scoff at?
(a) Dionysus's life.
(b) Dionysus's prophet.
(c) Dionysus's birth.
(d) Dionysus's travels.
2. The Chorus says that Dionysus makes his followers laugh away what?
(a) Small things.
(b) Dull care.
(c) Differences between them.
(d) Life's troubles.
3. Who is the Chorus referring to when they say "earth-born?"
4. What is the Axius?
(a) A river.
(b) An ocean.
(c) A stream.
(d) A sea.
5. Wildness and _________ are synonymous with the worship of Dionysus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pentheus is ______ by the worshipers of Dionysus.
2. What is the point the Chorus makes in their second ode?
3. Who is Hera?
4. What place does the Chorus call the "haunt of beasts?"
5. What would a follower of Dionysus "brandish" while wearing a crown of ivy?
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)