|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If you aim too high, and miss the pleasures within your reach, the Chorus would consider you a what?
(a) Madman and fool.
(b) Madman and rich.
(c) Madman and idiot.
(d) Madman and philospher.
2. When Dionysus speaks to Pentheus for the first time, Dionysus says that all foreigners celebrate his mysteries with what?
3. Who is Dionysus's father?
4. According to the Chorus, who dwells on Cyprus?
(a) The lust gods.
(b) The love gods.
(c) The tempting gods.
(d) The alluring gods.
5. What kind of meat do the worshipers of Dionysus eat?
(a) Old meat.
(b) Cooked meat.
(c) Fresh meat.
(d) Raw meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the writer of this play?
2. Cadmus tells Pentheus that if he would call Dionysus a god, it would do what?
3. Pentheus is disturbed by the conversation with Cadmus and Tiresius and orders the destruction of Tiresius's what?
4. Pentheus scolds Cadmus for looking ________.
5. When the Chorus says "Like a colt that gambols at its mother's side," who are they saying is the colt?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)