|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Chorus, why does Dionysus chase the goat?
(a) To wear its horns.
(b) To eat its meat.
(c) To drink its blood.
(d) To have company.
2. What body part kept Dionysus until he was born?
(a) A stomach.
(b) A head.
(c) A thigh.
(d) An arm.
3. What is the Parodos?
(a) A hymn of lament.
(b) A hymn of desire.
(c) A hymn of longing.
(d) A hymn of praise.
4. Dionysus has taken what form so he can punish people?
(a) A pheonix.
(b) A monster.
(c) A human.
(d) A minotaur.
5. The Chorus asks Dionysus to lead them places and act as their what?
(a) Kingly guide.
(b) Celestial guide.
(c) Godly guide.
(d) Divine guide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word describes both Tiresius and Cadmus?
2. What does Tiresius suffer from?
3. This Chorus's point of view is that Dionysus is what?
4. When Dionysus says, multiple times, that the god is before Pentheus, what is Pentheus' reaction?
5. When the Chorus says "Like a colt that gambols at its mother's side," who are they saying is the colt?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)