|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus says that Dionysus is the "nurse divine of _______."
2. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who cures the grief of the ________ and the ________.
(a) Adult, child.
(b) Rich, poor.
(c) Woman, man.
(d) Slave, master.
3. According to the soldier when he brings Dionysus, what happened to the women in their prison?
(a) They are free.
(b) They are dead.
(c) They are sleeping.
(d) They are not eating.
4. Cadmus doesn't say whether or not he believes Dionysus is a god, but tells Pentheus that it would be wise of Pentheus to treat Dionysus as what?
(a) An honored guest.
(b) A god.
(c) A king.
(d) A family member.
5. When Dionysus was born, he was crowned with a coronal of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus says that Cyprus is the isle of what goddess?
2. How does Tiresius respond to Pentheus's order to destroy his property?
3. When Dionysus speaks to Pentheus for the first time, Dionysus says that all foreigners celebrate his mysteries with what?
4. According to the Chorus, who is Zeus's father?
5. What is Semele?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)