|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus says that Cyprus is the isle of what goddess?
2. According to the Chorus, who dwells on Cyprus?
(a) The alluring gods.
(b) The love gods.
(c) The lust gods.
(d) The tempting gods.
3. In the Chorus's first lines, they believe that a happy man is one who leads what kind of life?
4. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who brings what?
5. Dionysus has taken what form so he can punish people?
(a) A minotaur.
(b) A human.
(c) A pheonix.
(d) A monster.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
2. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing?
3. Pentheus holds what title?
4. What body part kept Dionysus until he was born?
5. Where is Pentheus's mother at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)