|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cadmus tells Pentheus that if he would call Dionysus a god, it would do what?
(a) Calm the women.
(b) Stop his desire for revenge.
(c) Prevent disaster.
(d) Honor the whole family.
2. Who honors Dionysus's mother's burial site?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her son.
3. The Chorus says that Dionysus is the "nurse divine of _______."
4. Dionysus has taken what form so he can punish people?
(a) A minotaur.
(b) A monster.
(c) A human.
(d) A pheonix.
5. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus says that sophistry is not what?
2. What word describes both Tiresius and Cadmus?
3. Pentheus scolds Cadmus for looking ________.
4. The Chorus, in the Parodos, describes the joy of worship with what?
5. What story is told in the Chorus's first appearance?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)