|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus says that Dionysus is the "nurse divine of _______."
2. Who is Pentheus's father?
3. What would a follower of Dionysus "brandish" while wearing a crown of ivy?
(a) A thyrsus.
(b) A frustus.
(c) A spear.
(d) A sword.
4. The Chorus, in the Parodos, describes the joy of worship with what?
5. The Chorus wants Thebes to "burst forth" with boughs of what?
(a) Holly and pine.
(b) Evergreen and pine.
(c) Maple and pine.
(d) Oak and pine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dionysus address in the play's prologue?
2. When Pentheus orders Dionysus locked up, who does he think Dionysus is?
3. Who is Hera?
4. According to the Chorus, who dwells on Cyprus?
5. When Dionysus speaks to Pentheus for the first time, where does he say his home is?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)