|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cadmus tells Pentheus that if he would call Dionysus a god, it would do what?
(a) Calm the women.
(b) Stop his desire for revenge.
(c) Honor the whole family.
(d) Prevent disaster.
2. The Chorus says that Dionysus is the "nurse divine of _______."
3. What are Tiresius and Cadmus planning on doing?
(a) Praying to Dionysus in the temple.
(b) Pretending to be women.
(c) Honoring Dionysus.
(d) Partying with the women.
4. After Cadmus and Tiresius talk to Pentheus, what does the Chorus call Pentheus?
(a) A fool.
(b) A blasphemer.
(c) A dead man.
(d) A miser.
5. When the Chorus says "Like a colt that gambols at its mother's side," who are they saying is the colt?
(b) The worshipers of Dionysus.
(c) The Greeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dionysus speaks to Pentheus for the first time, where does he say his home is?
2. Who honors Dionysus's mother's burial site?
3. Because of what happened to the women, the soldier thinks that Dionysus causes what?
4. Tiresius tells Pentheus not to rely on what, to dominate mankind?
5. Where has the cult that is in Thebes come from?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)