|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What describes the stories that Pentheus shares about the women and their worship of Dionysus?
2. The Chorus says that Dionysus makes his followers laugh away what?
(a) Small things.
(b) Life's troubles.
(c) Differences between them.
(d) Dull care.
3. Pentheus accuses Tiresius of supporting Dionysus for what reasons?
(a) Hurtful reasons.
(b) Dishonest reasons.
(c) Selfish reasons.
(d) Misguided reasons.
4. Because of what happened to the women, the soldier thinks that Dionysus causes what?
5. What kind of relationship did Dionysus's father have with his mother?
(a) A marriage.
(b) An affair.
(c) A fling.
(d) A ritual.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus enters for the first time?
2. What rises from the site of Dionysus's mother's death?
3. Pentheus scolds Cadmus for looking ________.
4. The Chorus says that "true wisdom is keeping the heart and soul aloof" from what?
5. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)