|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tiresius respond to Pentheus's order to destroy his property?
(a) With fear.
(b) With pity.
(c) With rage.
(d) With anger.
2. What do the worshipers of Dionysus dress in?
(a) Robes of purple.
(b) Simple clothes.
(c) Leaves and branches.
(d) Animal skins.
3. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
4. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus enters for the first time?
(b) The Soldier.
(d) The Messenger.
5. The Chorus says that "true wisdom is keeping the heart and soul aloof" from what?
(a) Over-thinking philosophers.
(b) Over-educated men.
(c) Heavy thinkers.
(d) Over-subtle wits.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pentheus orders Dionysus locked up, who does he think Dionysus is?
2. According to the soldier when he brings Dionysus, what happened to the women in their prison?
3. Who is the writer of this play?
4. The Chorus says that Cyprus is the isle of what goddess?
5. The Chorus suggests that worship is the only ________ ________ to the gods.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)