|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus enters for the first time?
(a) The Messenger.
(b) The Soldier.
2. What story is told in the Chorus's first appearance?
(a) Dionysus's history.
(b) Dionysus's birth.
(c) Dionysus's revenge.
(d) Dionysus's death.
3. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
4. If you aim too high, and miss the pleasures within your reach, the Chorus would consider you a what?
(a) Madman and philospher.
(b) Madman and fool.
(c) Madman and idiot.
(d) Madman and rich.
5. Pentheus is disturbed by the conversation with Cadmus and Tiresius and orders the destruction of Tiresius's what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who cures the grief of the ________ and the ________.
2. The Chorus extolls the virtue of simple what?
3. Why is the soldier ashamed to bring Dionysus to Pentheus?
4. What is Semele?
5. Why does Pentheus want the women to spin at the loom?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)