|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story is told in the Chorus's first appearance?
(a) Dionysus's history.
(b) Dionysus's death.
(c) Dionysus's revenge.
(d) Dionysus's birth.
2. The Chorus says that sophistry is not what?
3. The Chorus asks Dionysus to lead them places and act as their what?
(a) Celestial guide.
(b) Divine guide.
(c) Godly guide.
(d) Kingly guide.
4. Pentheus is obsessed with what aspect of the women's behavior?
(a) Their sexual behavior.
(b) Their childish behavior.
(c) Their prayerful behavior.
(d) Their honest behavior.
5. At the beginning of the play, where are the women of Thebes?
(a) In their homes.
(b) Outside the city.
(c) In the temple.
(d) At the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. If you aim too high, and miss the pleasures within your reach, the Chorus would consider you a what?
2. What rises from the site of Dionysus's mother's death?
3. When the Chorus says "Like a colt that gambols at its mother's side," who are they saying is the colt?
4. Pentheus orders the capture of Dionysus and who?
5. When Dionysus was born, he was crowned with a coronal of what?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)