|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the soldier ashamed to bring Dionysus to Pentheus?
(a) Because the soldier doesn't like Pentheus.
(b) Because he came so willingly.
(c) Because he is an old man.
(d) Because the soldier believes in Dionysus as a god.
2. If you aim too high, and miss the pleasures within your reach, the Chorus would consider you a what?
(a) Madman and fool.
(b) Madman and idiot.
(c) Madman and philospher.
(d) Madman and rich.
3. When Dionysus was born, he was crowned with a coronal of what?
4. Pentheus orders the capture of Dionysus and who?
(a) The women.
(b) The leader of the cult.
(c) All his followers.
(d) The people giving money to the cult.
5. What body part kept Dionysus until he was born?
(a) A stomach.
(b) An arm.
(c) A head.
(d) A thigh.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus, in the Parodos, describes the joy of worship with what?
2. The Chorus says that Dionysus is the "nurse divine of _______."
3. When Pentheus orders Dionysus locked up, who does he think Dionysus is?
4. Pentheus says that he will do what to the women he has captured?
5. When Dionysus says, multiple times, that the god is before Pentheus, what is Pentheus' reaction?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)