|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of relationship did Dionysus's father have with his mother?
(a) A fling.
(b) A ritual.
(c) An affair.
(d) A marriage.
2. Who is the writer of this play?
3. What describes the stories that Pentheus shares about the women and their worship of Dionysus?
4. Where is Pentheus's mother at the beginning of the play?
(a) In the catacombs.
(b) With the other women.
(c) Traveling abroad.
(d) By herself in her rooms.
5. According to the Chorus, who is Zeus's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus, in the Parodos, describes the joy of worship with what?
2. Why is the soldier ashamed to bring Dionysus to Pentheus?
3. In the Chorus's first lines, they believe that a happy man is one who leads what kind of life?
4. What are Tiresius and Cadmus planning on doing?
5. When Dionysus speaks to Pentheus for the first time, Dionysus says that all foreigners celebrate his mysteries with what?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)