|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pentheus is obsessed with what aspect of the women's behavior?
(a) Their childish behavior.
(b) Their honest behavior.
(c) Their sexual behavior.
(d) Their prayerful behavior.
2. Wildness and _________ are synonymous with the worship of Dionysus.
3. How does the servant who brings Dionysus in to Pentheus refer to Dionysus?
(a) As a man.
(b) As a slave.
(c) As a king.
(d) As prey.
4. Pentheus scolds Cadmus for looking ________.
5. What are Tiresius and Cadmus planning on doing?
(a) Honoring Dionysus.
(b) Partying with the women.
(c) Praying to Dionysus in the temple.
(d) Pretending to be women.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus says that "true wisdom is keeping the heart and soul aloof" from what?
2. The Chorus says that Dionysus is the "nurse divine of _______."
3. What story does Pentheus scoff at?
4. When the Chorus says "Like a colt that gambols at its mother's side," who are they saying is the colt?
5. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)