|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus says that sophistry is not what?
2. Pentheus is obsessed with what aspect of the women's behavior?
(a) Their sexual behavior.
(b) Their honest behavior.
(c) Their childish behavior.
(d) Their prayerful behavior.
3. Because of what happened to the women, the soldier thinks that Dionysus causes what?
4. How does the servant who brings Dionysus in to Pentheus refer to Dionysus?
(a) As a slave.
(b) As a king.
(c) As prey.
(d) As a man.
5. What describes the stories that Pentheus shares about the women and their worship of Dionysus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Cadmus tells Pentheus that if he would call Dionysus a god, it would do what?
2. When Pentheus orders Dionysus locked up, who does he think Dionysus is?
3. Tiresius tells Pentheus that the story of Dionysus is a what?
4. How does Tiresius respond to Pentheus's order to destroy his property?
5. On which mountain do the Pierian Muses have their "haunt most fair?"
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)