|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tiresius says that failing to give honor where honor is due is what?
(a) Inviting revenge.
(b) A folly.
(c) A shame.
(d) Real madness.
2. What kind of meat do the worshipers of Dionysus eat?
(a) Cooked meat.
(b) Fresh meat.
(c) Old meat.
(d) Raw meat.
3. The Chorus says that Dionysus is the "nurse divine of _______."
4. The Chorus says that Cyprus is the isle of what goddess?
5. If you aim too high, and miss the pleasures within your reach, the Chorus would consider you a what?
(a) Madman and idiot.
(b) Madman and fool.
(c) Madman and philospher.
(d) Madman and rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dionysus speaks to Pentheus for the first time, where does he say his home is?
2. What story is told in the Chorus's first appearance?
3. What body part kept Dionysus until he was born?
4. Pentheus scolds Cadmus for looking ________.
5. Dionysus has taken what form so he can punish people?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)