|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pentheus is obsessed with what aspect of the women's behavior?
(a) Their honest behavior.
(b) Their sexual behavior.
(c) Their childish behavior.
(d) Their prayerful behavior.
2. Who is Dionysus's father?
3. What is the Parodos?
(a) A hymn of desire.
(b) A hymn of lament.
(c) A hymn of praise.
(d) A hymn of longing.
4. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing on their heads?
(a) Wreaths of branches.
(b) Garlands of leaves.
(c) Garlands of flowers.
(d) Crowns of gold.
5. On which mountain do the Pierian Muses have their "haunt most fair?"
(a) Mt. Oppilos.
(b) Mt. Olympus.
(c) Mt. Othella.
(d) Mt. Olives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of relationship did Dionysus's father have with his mother?
2. The Chorus says that sophistry is not what?
3. What are Tiresius and Cadmus planning on doing?
4. According to the soldier when he brings Dionysus, what happened to the women in their prison?
5. Who are the Bacchae?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)