|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pentheus is obsessed with what aspect of the women's behavior?
(a) Their sexual behavior.
(b) Their prayerful behavior.
(c) Their honest behavior.
(d) Their childish behavior.
2. What word describes both Tiresius and Cadmus?
3. What kind of meat do the worshipers of Dionysus eat?
(a) Cooked meat.
(b) Raw meat.
(c) Fresh meat.
(d) Old meat.
4. What body part kept Dionysus until he was born?
(a) A stomach.
(b) An arm.
(c) A thigh.
(d) A head.
5. In the Chorus's first lines, they believe that a happy man is one who leads what kind of life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship is Pentheus to Dionysus?
2. Where is Pentheus's mother at the beginning of the play?
3. What story is told in the Chorus's first appearance?
4. Who does Dionysus address in the play's prologue?
5. How does Tiresius respond to Pentheus's order to destroy his property?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)