|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing on their heads?
(a) Crowns of gold.
(b) Garlands of leaves.
(c) Wreaths of branches.
(d) Garlands of flowers.
2. Dionysus wants to punish people in Thebes for what?
(a) Not worshiping him as a god.
(b) Not giving tributes to him.
(c) Not honoring him at their festivals.
(d) Not having a temple for him.
3. What word describes both Tiresius and Cadmus?
4. Who are the Bacchae?
(a) The priests of Dionysus.
(b) Dionysus's followers.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) The unbelivers.
5. Who does Dionysus address in the play's prologue?
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) The audience.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dionysus has taken what form so he can punish people?
2. Tiresius tells Pentheus not to rely on what, to dominate mankind?
3. Pentheus is disturbed by the conversation with Cadmus and Tiresius and orders the destruction of Tiresius's what?
4. Pentheus is obsessed with what aspect of the women's behavior?
5. What is the Parodos?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)