|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the writer of this play?
2. What destroyed Dionysus's mother?
(a) A thunder strike.
(b) A lightening flash.
(c) A lightening strike.
(d) A thunder storm.
3. Pentheus holds what title?
4. What rises from the site of Dionysus's mother's death?
(a) A vine.
(c) A tree.
(d) A mountain.
5. Who are the Bacchae?
(a) Dionysus's followers.
(b) The unbelivers.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) The priests of Dionysus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tiresius tells Pentheus not to rely on what, to dominate mankind?
2. According to the Chorus, why does Dionysus chase the goat?
3. In the Chorus's first lines, they believe that a happy man is one who leads what kind of life?
4. Cadmus tells Pentheus that if he would call Dionysus a god, it would do what?
5. The Chorus wants Thebes to "burst forth" with boughs of what?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)