|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would a follower of Dionysus "brandish" while wearing a crown of ivy?
(a) A frustus.
(b) A thyrsus.
(c) A sword.
(d) A spear.
2. What is the Parodos?
(a) A hymn of desire.
(b) A hymn of praise.
(c) A hymn of longing.
(d) A hymn of lament.
3. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
4. Dionysus wants to punish people in Thebes for what?
(a) Not giving tributes to him.
(b) Not honoring him at their festivals.
(c) Not having a temple for him.
(d) Not worshiping him as a god.
5. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing?
(a) Fawn skins.
(b) Sheep skins.
(c) Cow skins.
(d) Deer skins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the writer of this play?
2. At the beginning of the play, where are the women of Thebes?
3. Who does Dionysus address in the play's prologue?
4. The Chorus suggests that worship is the only ________ ________ to the gods.
5. According to the Chorus, who is Zeus's father?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)