|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus suggests that worship is the only ________ ________ to the gods.
(a) Reasonable response.
(b) Appropriate response.
(c) Honorable response.
(d) Safe response.
2. What is the Parodos?
(a) A hymn of desire.
(b) A hymn of praise.
(c) A hymn of longing.
(d) A hymn of lament.
3. What would a follower of Dionysus "brandish" while wearing a crown of ivy?
(a) A thyrsus.
(b) A frustus.
(c) A spear.
(d) A sword.
4. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus enters for the first time?
(a) The Messenger.
(d) The Soldier.
5. Where has the cult that is in Thebes come from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the writer of this play?
2. Who is Hera?
3. What relationship is Pentheus to Dionysus?
4. Pentheus is ______ by the worshipers of Dionysus.
5. Pentheus is disturbed by the conversation with Cadmus and Tiresius and orders the destruction of Tiresius's what?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)