|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pentheus is ______ by the worshipers of Dionysus.
2. When Dionysus was born, he was crowned with a coronal of what?
3. Tiresius tells Pentheus that the story of Dionysus is a what?
4. What did Dionysus cause to infect the women of Thebes?
5. What would a follower of Dionysus "brandish" while wearing a crown of ivy?
(a) A thyrsus.
(b) A spear.
(c) A sword.
(d) A frustus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tiresius says that failing to give honor where honor is due is what?
2. How does Tiresius respond to Pentheus's order to destroy his property?
3. Who does Dionysus address in the play's prologue?
4. The Chorus, in the Parodos, describes the joy of worship with what?
5. When the Chorus says "Like a colt that gambols at its mother's side," who are they saying is the colt?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)