|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tiresius tells Pentheus that the story of Dionysus is a what?
2. Pentheus scolds Cadmus for looking ________.
3. What did Dionysus cause to infect the women of Thebes?
4. Who is Dionysus's father?
5. In the Chorus's first lines, they believe that a happy man is one who leads what kind of life?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pentheus is ______ by the worshipers of Dionysus.
2. Cadmus doesn't say whether or not he believes Dionysus is a god, but tells Pentheus that it would be wise of Pentheus to treat Dionysus as what?
3. Who does Dionysus address in the play's prologue?
4. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus enters for the first time?
5. What are Tiresius and Cadmus planning on doing?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)