|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dionysus has taken what form so he can punish people?
(a) A minotaur.
(b) A human.
(c) A pheonix.
(d) A monster.
2. Who is Hera?
(a) Zeus's wife.
(b) Zeus's sister.
(c) Zeus's mistress.
(d) Zeus's mother.
3. What kind of meat do the worshipers of Dionysus eat?
(a) Raw meat.
(b) Old meat.
(c) Cooked meat.
(d) Fresh meat.
4. At the beginning of the play, where are the women of Thebes?
(a) In their homes.
(b) In the temple.
(c) At the river.
(d) Outside the city.
5. The Chorus, in the Parodos, describes the joy of worship with what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pentheus is obsessed with what aspect of the women's behavior?
2. What describes the stories that Pentheus shares about the women and their worship of Dionysus?
3. Pentheus is disturbed by the conversation with Cadmus and Tiresius and orders the destruction of Tiresius's what?
4. What are Tiresius and Cadmus planning on doing?
5. Wildness and _________ are synonymous with the worship of Dionysus.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)