|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Pentheus scoff at?
(a) Dionysus's travels.
(b) Dionysus's life.
(c) Dionysus's prophet.
(d) Dionysus's birth.
2. Dionysus has taken what form so he can punish people?
(a) A minotaur.
(b) A pheonix.
(c) A monster.
(d) A human.
3. Where has the cult that is in Thebes come from?
4. The Chorus suggests that worship is the only ________ ________ to the gods.
(a) Safe response.
(b) Honorable response.
(c) Reasonable response.
(d) Appropriate response.
5. According to the Chorus, who is Zeus's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pentheus is ______ by the worshipers of Dionysus.
2. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus enters for the first time?
3. Cadmus doesn't say whether or not he believes Dionysus is a god, but tells Pentheus that it would be wise of Pentheus to treat Dionysus as what?
4. How does Tiresius respond to Pentheus's order to destroy his property?
5. What did Dionysus cause to infect the women of Thebes?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)