|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Semele?
(a) A mortal.
(b) A goddess.
(c) A spirit.
(d) A nymph.
2. Pentheus holds what title?
3. What is the Parodos?
(a) A hymn of lament.
(b) A hymn of longing.
(c) A hymn of praise.
(d) A hymn of desire.
4. Pentheus is disturbed by the conversation with Cadmus and Tiresius and orders the destruction of Tiresius's what?
5. The Chorus suggests that worship is the only ________ ________ to the gods.
(a) Reasonable response.
(b) Honorable response.
(c) Appropriate response.
(d) Safe response.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
2. The Chorus wants Thebes to "burst forth" with boughs of what?
3. Who is Hera?
4. Wildness and _________ are synonymous with the worship of Dionysus.
5. What does Tiresius suffer from?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)