|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pentheus scolds Cadmus for looking ________.
2. When the Chorus says "Like a colt that gambols at its mother's side," who are they saying is the colt?
(b) The Greeks.
(d) The worshipers of Dionysus.
3. What would a follower of Dionysus "brandish" while wearing a crown of ivy?
(a) A sword.
(b) A thyrsus.
(c) A spear.
(d) A frustus.
4. What kind of relationship did Dionysus's father have with his mother?
(a) A ritual.
(b) An affair.
(c) A fling.
(d) A marriage.
5. Who is Dionysus's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What destroyed Dionysus's mother?
2. How does Tiresius respond to Pentheus's order to destroy his property?
3. The Chorus wants Thebes to "burst forth" with boughs of what?
4. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing?
5. What relationship is Pentheus to Dionysus?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)