|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
2. What destroyed Dionysus's mother?
(a) A lightening flash.
(b) A thunder strike.
(c) A lightening strike.
(d) A thunder storm.
3. What story does Pentheus scoff at?
(a) Dionysus's birth.
(b) Dionysus's prophet.
(c) Dionysus's travels.
(d) Dionysus's life.
4. The Chorus suggests that worship is the only ________ ________ to the gods.
(a) Honorable response.
(b) Reasonable response.
(c) Appropriate response.
(d) Safe response.
5. What describes the stories that Pentheus shares about the women and their worship of Dionysus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus enters for the first time?
2. What rises from the site of Dionysus's mother's death?
3. What story is told in the Chorus's first appearance?
4. What are Tiresius and Cadmus planning on doing?
5. What relationship is Pentheus to Dionysus?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)