|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cadmus tells Pentheus that if he would call Dionysus a god, it would do what?
(a) Honor the whole family.
(b) Stop his desire for revenge.
(c) Prevent disaster.
(d) Calm the women.
2. Who is Hera?
(a) Zeus's mother.
(b) Zeus's mistress.
(c) Zeus's sister.
(d) Zeus's wife.
3. Who are the Bacchae?
(a) The unbelivers.
(b) Dionysus's followers.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) The priests of Dionysus.
4. What would a follower of Dionysus "brandish" while wearing a crown of ivy?
(a) A sword.
(b) A frustus.
(c) A spear.
(d) A thyrsus.
5. What word describes both Tiresius and Cadmus?
Short Answer Questions
1. What body part kept Dionysus until he was born?
2. Who is Dionysus's father?
3. Who is the writer of this play?
4. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing?
5. What is Semele?
This section contains 147 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)