|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pentheus accuses Tiresius of supporting Dionysus for what reasons?
(a) Hurtful reasons.
(b) Misguided reasons.
(c) Dishonest reasons.
(d) Selfish reasons.
2. Pentheus scolds Cadmus for looking ________.
3. Pentheus is disturbed by the conversation with Cadmus and Tiresius and orders the destruction of Tiresius's what?
4. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing?
(a) Sheep skins.
(b) Cow skins.
(c) Fawn skins.
(d) Deer skins.
5. What kind of relationship did Dionysus's father have with his mother?
(a) A ritual.
(b) A fling.
(c) An affair.
(d) A marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rises from the site of Dionysus's mother's death?
2. Who does Dionysus address in the play's prologue?
3. Cadmus tells Pentheus that if he would call Dionysus a god, it would do what?
4. What describes the stories that Pentheus shares about the women and their worship of Dionysus?
5. Dionysus wants to punish people in Thebes for what?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)