|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What describes the stories that Pentheus shares about the women and their worship of Dionysus?
2. Cadmus tells Pentheus that if he would call Dionysus a god, it would do what?
(a) Honor the whole family.
(b) Calm the women.
(c) Prevent disaster.
(d) Stop his desire for revenge.
3. Who is Dionysus's father?
4. What kind of relationship did Dionysus's father have with his mother?
(a) A fling.
(b) An affair.
(c) A marriage.
(d) A ritual.
5. Where has the cult that is in Thebes come from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word describes both Tiresius and Cadmus?
2. In the Chorus's first lines, they believe that a happy man is one who leads what kind of life?
3. What did Dionysus cause to infect the women of Thebes?
4. What destroyed Dionysus's mother?
5. Tiresius says that failing to give honor where honor is due is what?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)