|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dionysus wants to punish people in Thebes for what?
(a) Not honoring him at their festivals.
(b) Not having a temple for him.
(c) Not worshiping him as a god.
(d) Not giving tributes to him.
2. In the Chorus's first lines, they believe that a happy man is one who leads what kind of life?
3. What destroyed Dionysus's mother?
(a) A thunder strike.
(b) A lightening flash.
(c) A lightening strike.
(d) A thunder storm.
4. Wildness and _________ are synonymous with the worship of Dionysus.
5. Tiresius tells Pentheus that the story of Dionysus is a what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pentheus is ______ by the worshipers of Dionysus.
2. What story is told in the Chorus's first appearance?
3. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus enters for the first time?
4. Cadmus doesn't say whether or not he believes Dionysus is a god, but tells Pentheus that it would be wise of Pentheus to treat Dionysus as what?
5. What rises from the site of Dionysus's mother's death?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)