|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the play, where are the women of Thebes?
(a) At the river.
(b) In their homes.
(c) In the temple.
(d) Outside the city.
2. What relationship is Pentheus to Dionysus?
3. When the Chorus says "Like a colt that gambols at its mother's side," who are they saying is the colt?
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The worshipers of Dionysus.
4. Who is Dionysus's father?
5. What kind of relationship did Dionysus's father have with his mother?
(a) A marriage.
(b) A fling.
(c) A ritual.
(d) An affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cadmus tells Pentheus that if he would call Dionysus a god, it would do what?
2. Dionysus wants to punish people in Thebes for what?
3. Where has the cult that is in Thebes come from?
4. Pentheus holds what title?
5. Who is the writer of this play?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)