|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What describes the stories that Pentheus shares about the women and their worship of Dionysus?
2. When Dionysus was born, he was crowned with a coronal of what?
3. What is Semele?
(a) A nymph.
(b) A goddess.
(c) A spirit.
(d) A mortal.
4. What does Tiresius suffer from?
5. Who is the writer of this play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What rises from the site of Dionysus's mother's death?
2. The Chorus suggests that worship is the only ________ ________ to the gods.
3. Dionysus has taken what form so he can punish people?
4. Pentheus is disturbed by the conversation with Cadmus and Tiresius and orders the destruction of Tiresius's what?
5. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)