|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dionysus wants to punish people in Thebes for what?
(a) Not honoring him at their festivals.
(b) Not giving tributes to him.
(c) Not worshiping him as a god.
(d) Not having a temple for him.
2. Who is Dionysus's father?
3. What is the Parodos?
(a) A hymn of praise.
(b) A hymn of longing.
(c) A hymn of desire.
(d) A hymn of lament.
4. What is Semele?
(a) A spirit.
(b) A mortal.
(c) A nymph.
(d) A goddess.
5. The Chorus wants Thebes to "burst forth" with boughs of what?
(a) Evergreen and pine.
(b) Holly and pine.
(c) Oak and pine.
(d) Maple and pine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the worshipers of Dionysus dress in?
2. When the Chorus says "Like a colt that gambols at its mother's side," who are they saying is the colt?
3. The Chorus suggests that worship is the only ________ ________ to the gods.
4. Wildness and _________ are synonymous with the worship of Dionysus.
5. What did Dionysus cause to infect the women of Thebes?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)