|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rises from the site of Dionysus's mother's death?
(a) A tree.
(b) A mountain.
(c) A vine.
2. At the beginning of the play, where are the women of Thebes?
(a) In the temple.
(b) At the river.
(c) Outside the city.
(d) In their homes.
3. Where is Pentheus's mother at the beginning of the play?
(a) By herself in her rooms.
(b) In the catacombs.
(c) Traveling abroad.
(d) With the other women.
4. Dionysus wants to punish people in Thebes for what?
(a) Not having a temple for him.
(b) Not giving tributes to him.
(c) Not honoring him at their festivals.
(d) Not worshiping him as a god.
5. The Chorus, in the Parodos, describes the joy of worship with what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Parodos?
2. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus enters for the first time?
3. What kind of relationship did Dionysus's father have with his mother?
4. In the Chorus's first lines, they believe that a happy man is one who leads what kind of life?
5. When the Chorus says "Like a colt that gambols at its mother's side," who are they saying is the colt?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)