|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
2. What body part kept Dionysus until he was born?
(a) A thigh.
(b) A head.
(c) A stomach.
(d) An arm.
3. What story is told in the Chorus's first appearance?
(a) Dionysus's revenge.
(b) Dionysus's birth.
(c) Dionysus's history.
(d) Dionysus's death.
4. What rises from the site of Dionysus's mother's death?
(a) A vine.
(b) A mountain.
(c) A tree.
5. What is the Parodos?
(a) A hymn of longing.
(b) A hymn of lament.
(c) A hymn of praise.
(d) A hymn of desire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dionysus has taken what form so he can punish people?
2. In the Chorus's first lines, they believe that a happy man is one who leads what kind of life?
3. Who is Dionysus's father?
4. Who is Hera?
5. What kind of relationship did Dionysus's father have with his mother?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)