|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rises from the site of Dionysus's mother's death?
(a) A mountain.
(c) A tree.
(d) A vine.
2. Where is Pentheus's mother at the beginning of the play?
(a) By herself in her rooms.
(b) Traveling abroad.
(c) With the other women.
(d) In the catacombs.
3. What kind of relationship did Dionysus's father have with his mother?
(a) A fling.
(b) An affair.
(c) A ritual.
(d) A marriage.
4. Who does Dionysus address in the play's prologue?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) The audience.
5. What would a follower of Dionysus "brandish" while wearing a crown of ivy?
(a) A sword.
(b) A thyrsus.
(c) A spear.
(d) A frustus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the writer of this play?
2. What do the worshipers of Dionysus dress in?
3. Who honors Dionysus's mother's burial site?
4. Wildness and _________ are synonymous with the worship of Dionysus.
5. According to the Chorus, who is Zeus's father?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)