|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of relationship did Dionysus's father have with his mother?
(a) A ritual.
(b) A fling.
(c) A marriage.
(d) An affair.
2. Dionysus wants to punish people in Thebes for what?
(a) Not having a temple for him.
(b) Not honoring him at their festivals.
(c) Not giving tributes to him.
(d) Not worshiping him as a god.
3. What destroyed Dionysus's mother?
(a) A lightening strike.
(b) A thunder strike.
(c) A lightening flash.
(d) A thunder storm.
4. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
5. Who are the Bacchae?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) The unbelivers.
(c) The priests of Dionysus.
(d) Dionysus's followers.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus suggests that worship is the only ________ ________ to the gods.
2. What kind of meat do the worshipers of Dionysus eat?
3. Where is Pentheus's mother at the beginning of the play?
4. What body part kept Dionysus until he was born?
5. What rises from the site of Dionysus's mother's death?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)