|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dionysus address in the play's prologue?
(a) His mother.
(b) The audience.
(c) His father.
2. Pentheus is ______ by the worshipers of Dionysus.
3. Pentheus holds what title?
4. When Dionysus was born, he was crowned with a coronal of what?
5. What destroyed Dionysus's mother?
(a) A lightening strike.
(b) A thunder storm.
(c) A thunder strike.
(d) A lightening flash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dionysus cause to infect the women of Thebes?
2. What is the Parodos?
3. When the Chorus says "Like a colt that gambols at its mother's side," who are they saying is the colt?
4. In the Chorus's first lines, they believe that a happy man is one who leads what kind of life?
5. What story is told in the Chorus's first appearance?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)