|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the worshipers of Dionysus dress in?
(a) Leaves and branches.
(b) Animal skins.
(c) Robes of purple.
(d) Simple clothes.
2. Where has the cult that is in Thebes come from?
3. When Dionysus was born, he was crowned with a coronal of what?
4. According to the Chorus, why does Dionysus chase the goat?
(a) To eat its meat.
(b) To wear its horns.
(c) To have company.
(d) To drink its blood.
5. Where is Pentheus's mother at the beginning of the play?
(a) In the catacombs.
(b) By herself in her rooms.
(c) With the other women.
(d) Traveling abroad.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the play, where are the women of Thebes?
2. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
3. The Chorus, in the Parodos, describes the joy of worship with what?
4. What would a follower of Dionysus "brandish" while wearing a crown of ivy?
5. Who is Dionysus's father?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)