|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wildness and _________ are synonymous with the worship of Dionysus.
2. Who honors Dionysus's mother's burial site?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her father.
3. When the Chorus says "Like a colt that gambols at its mother's side," who are they saying is the colt?
(b) The worshipers of Dionysus.
(d) The Greeks.
4. What kind of relationship did Dionysus's father have with his mother?
(a) A marriage.
(b) A fling.
(c) An affair.
(d) A ritual.
5. Dionysus wants to punish people in Thebes for what?
(a) Not having a temple for him.
(b) Not honoring him at their festivals.
(c) Not worshiping him as a god.
(d) Not giving tributes to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dionysus has taken what form so he can punish people?
2. What body part kept Dionysus until he was born?
3. The Chorus, in the Parodos, describes the joy of worship with what?
4. When Dionysus was born, he was crowned with a coronal of what?
5. What destroyed Dionysus's mother?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)