|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dionysus address in the play's prologue?
(a) The audience.
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
2. Where has the cult that is in Thebes come from?
3. What did Dionysus cause to infect the women of Thebes?
4. What is Semele?
(a) A nymph.
(b) A mortal.
(c) A spirit.
(d) A goddess.
5. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus wants Thebes to "burst forth" with boughs of what?
2. The Chorus, in the Parodos, describes the joy of worship with what?
3. What would a follower of Dionysus "brandish" while wearing a crown of ivy?
4. Where is Pentheus's mother at the beginning of the play?
5. What kind of relationship did Dionysus's father have with his mother?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)