|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Semele?
(a) A mortal.
(b) A spirit.
(c) A nymph.
(d) A goddess.
2. What body part kept Dionysus until he was born?
(a) A thigh.
(b) A stomach.
(c) An arm.
(d) A head.
3. What did Dionysus cause to infect the women of Thebes?
4. When the Chorus says "Like a colt that gambols at its mother's side," who are they saying is the colt?
(a) The Greeks.
(c) The worshipers of Dionysus.
5. What story is told in the Chorus's first appearance?
(a) Dionysus's birth.
(b) Dionysus's history.
(c) Dionysus's death.
(d) Dionysus's revenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
2. In the Chorus's first lines, they believe that a happy man is one who leads what kind of life?
3. According to the Chorus, who is Zeus's father?
4. What is the Parodos?
5. Who honors Dionysus's mother's burial site?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)