|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus wants Thebes to "burst forth" with boughs of what?
(a) Holly and pine.
(b) Oak and pine.
(c) Maple and pine.
(d) Evergreen and pine.
2. What kind of relationship did Dionysus's father have with his mother?
(a) A fling.
(b) A ritual.
(c) An affair.
(d) A marriage.
3. What would a follower of Dionysus "brandish" while wearing a crown of ivy?
(a) A frustus.
(b) A thyrsus.
(c) A sword.
(d) A spear.
4. Dionysus wants to punish people in Thebes for what?
(a) Not honoring him at their festivals.
(b) Not giving tributes to him.
(c) Not having a temple for him.
(d) Not worshiping him as a god.
5. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dionysus cause to infect the women of Thebes?
2. What relationship is Pentheus to Dionysus?
3. What is Semele?
4. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus enters for the first time?
5. The Chorus suggests that worship is the only ________ ________ to the gods.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)