|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the play, where are the women of Thebes?
(a) Outside the city.
(b) In their homes.
(c) In the temple.
(d) At the river.
2. Who honors Dionysus's mother's burial site?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her brother.
3. Pentheus is ______ by the worshipers of Dionysus.
4. What destroyed Dionysus's mother?
(a) A lightening strike.
(b) A lightening flash.
(c) A thunder storm.
(d) A thunder strike.
5. Who is Hera?
(a) Zeus's mistress.
(b) Zeus's wife.
(c) Zeus's mother.
(d) Zeus's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pentheus holds what title?
2. Who is Dionysus's father?
3. In the Chorus's first lines, they believe that a happy man is one who leads what kind of life?
4. What did Dionysus cause to infect the women of Thebes?
5. Dionysus has taken what form so he can punish people?
This section contains 147 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)