|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
2. Dionysus wants to punish people in Thebes for what?
(a) Not honoring him at their festivals.
(b) Not worshiping him as a god.
(c) Not giving tributes to him.
(d) Not having a temple for him.
3. What rises from the site of Dionysus's mother's death?
(a) A tree.
(c) A mountain.
(d) A vine.
4. Dionysus has taken what form so he can punish people?
(a) A pheonix.
(b) A human.
(c) A minotaur.
(d) A monster.
5. The Chorus suggests that worship is the only ________ ________ to the gods.
(a) Honorable response.
(b) Appropriate response.
(c) Safe response.
(d) Reasonable response.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Chorus says "Like a colt that gambols at its mother's side," who are they saying is the colt?
2. Who are the Bacchae?
3. Who is the writer of this play?
4. Where is Pentheus's mother at the beginning of the play?
5. What story is told in the Chorus's first appearance?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)