|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus, in the Parodos, describes the joy of worship with what?
2. Who does Dionysus address in the play's prologue?
(a) His father.
(b) The audience.
(d) His mother.
3. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
4. What story is told in the Chorus's first appearance?
(a) Dionysus's history.
(b) Dionysus's birth.
(c) Dionysus's revenge.
(d) Dionysus's death.
5. What is Semele?
(a) A mortal.
(b) A spirit.
(c) A goddess.
(d) A nymph.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Chorus's first lines, they believe that a happy man is one who leads what kind of life?
2. Who is Dionysus's father?
3. What rises from the site of Dionysus's mother's death?
4. What destroyed Dionysus's mother?
5. What do the worshipers of Dionysus dress in?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)