|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who honors Dionysus's mother's burial site?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her father.
2. According to the Chorus, why does Dionysus chase the goat?
(a) To drink its blood.
(b) To have company.
(c) To wear its horns.
(d) To eat its meat.
3. What destroyed Dionysus's mother?
(a) A thunder storm.
(b) A lightening flash.
(c) A thunder strike.
(d) A lightening strike.
4. Where has the cult that is in Thebes come from?
5. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dionysus was born, he was crowned with a coronal of what?
2. In the Chorus's first lines, they believe that a happy man is one who leads what kind of life?
3. Who are the Bacchae?
4. Where is Pentheus's mother at the beginning of the play?
5. The Chorus wants Thebes to "burst forth" with boughs of what?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)