|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of relationship did Dionysus's father have with his mother?
(a) A fling.
(b) A marriage.
(c) A ritual.
(d) An affair.
2. Dionysus has taken what form so he can punish people?
(a) A pheonix.
(b) A human.
(c) A minotaur.
(d) A monster.
3. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
4. What did Dionysus cause to infect the women of Thebes?
5. What is the Parodos?
(a) A hymn of lament.
(b) A hymn of desire.
(c) A hymn of longing.
(d) A hymn of praise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pentheus is ______ by the worshipers of Dionysus.
2. The Chorus suggests that worship is the only ________ ________ to the gods.
3. Who is Hera?
4. What destroyed Dionysus's mother?
5. When the Chorus says "Like a colt that gambols at its mother's side," who are they saying is the colt?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)