|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Bacchae?
(a) The unbelivers.
(b) Dionysus's followers.
(c) The priests of Dionysus.
(d) The Chorus.
2. What is Semele?
(a) A mortal.
(b) A spirit.
(c) A goddess.
(d) A nymph.
3. Dionysus wants to punish people in Thebes for what?
(a) Not honoring him at their festivals.
(b) Not worshiping him as a god.
(c) Not giving tributes to him.
(d) Not having a temple for him.
4. According to the Chorus, why does Dionysus chase the goat?
(a) To drink its blood.
(b) To have company.
(c) To wear its horns.
(d) To eat its meat.
5. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the worshipers of Dionysus dress in?
2. Who honors Dionysus's mother's burial site?
3. What rises from the site of Dionysus's mother's death?
4. What kind of meat do the worshipers of Dionysus eat?
5. Wildness and _________ are synonymous with the worship of Dionysus.
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)