|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dionysus cause to infect the women of Thebes?
2. At the beginning of the play, where are the women of Thebes?
(a) In the temple.
(b) In their homes.
(c) Outside the city.
(d) At the river.
3. What relationship is Pentheus to Dionysus?
4. According to the Chorus, who is Zeus's father?
5. Who are the Bacchae?
(a) The priests of Dionysus.
(b) The Chorus.
(c) Dionysus's followers.
(d) The unbelivers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dionysus has taken what form so he can punish people?
2. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus enters for the first time?
3. Pentheus holds what title?
4. Who does Dionysus address in the play's prologue?
5. The Chorus, in the Parodos, describes the joy of worship with what?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)