|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dionysus has taken what form so he can punish people?
(a) A minotaur.
(b) A human.
(c) A monster.
(d) A pheonix.
2. What is the Parodos?
(a) A hymn of longing.
(b) A hymn of lament.
(c) A hymn of praise.
(d) A hymn of desire.
3. What story is told in the Chorus's first appearance?
(a) Dionysus's history.
(b) Dionysus's revenge.
(c) Dionysus's birth.
(d) Dionysus's death.
4. The Chorus wants Thebes to "burst forth" with boughs of what?
(a) Holly and pine.
(b) Maple and pine.
(c) Oak and pine.
(d) Evergreen and pine.
5. Who does Dionysus address in the play's prologue?
(a) His father.
(c) The audience.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
2. Who is the writer of this play?
3. According to the Chorus, why does Dionysus chase the goat?
4. Where has the cult that is in Thebes come from?
5. At the beginning of the play, where are the women of Thebes?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)