|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the writer of this play?
2. What kind of relationship did Dionysus's father have with his mother?
(a) A marriage.
(b) An affair.
(c) A fling.
(d) A ritual.
3. Where has the cult that is in Thebes come from?
4. The Chorus wants Thebes to "burst forth" with boughs of what?
(a) Holly and pine.
(b) Maple and pine.
(c) Oak and pine.
(d) Evergreen and pine.
5. What would a follower of Dionysus "brandish" while wearing a crown of ivy?
(a) A spear.
(b) A frustus.
(c) A sword.
(d) A thyrsus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hera?
2. When the Chorus says "Like a colt that gambols at its mother's side," who are they saying is the colt?
3. Who are the Bacchae?
4. The Chorus suggests that worship is the only ________ ________ to the gods.
5. Pentheus is ______ by the worshipers of Dionysus.
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)