|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the worshipers of Dionysus dress in?
(a) Robes of purple.
(b) Simple clothes.
(c) Animal skins.
(d) Leaves and branches.
2. According to the Chorus, who is Zeus's father?
3. Pentheus holds what title?
4. Who is the writer of this play?
5. The Chorus wants Thebes to "burst forth" with boughs of what?
(a) Evergreen and pine.
(b) Holly and pine.
(c) Oak and pine.
(d) Maple and pine.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
2. What did Dionysus cause to infect the women of Thebes?
3. What story is told in the Chorus's first appearance?
4. What is Semele?
5. What is the Parodos?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)