Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Chorus, why does Dionysus chase the goat?
(a) To eat its meat.
(b) To drink its blood.
(c) To wear its horns.
(d) To have company.
2. What kind of herd was the first messenger driving when he came upon the women?
3. Why does Pentheus become enraged when questioning his prisoner?
(a) He doesn't understand the prisoner.
(b) The prisoner only speaks in riddles.
(c) He doesn't like the prisoner's answers.
(d) The prisoner doesn't answer him.
4. The Chorus extolls the virtue of simple what?
5. Wildness and _________ are synonymous with the worship of Dionysus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Bacchae?
2. According to the soldier when he brings Dionysus, what happened to the women in their prison?
3. Who is the Chorus referring to when they say "earth-born?"
4. Which foreign river is never fed by rain, according to the Chorus?
5. According to the Chorus, who is Zeus's father?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)