|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has the cult that is in Thebes come from?
2. According to the soldier when he brings Dionysus, what happened to the women in their prison?
(a) They are not eating.
(b) They are dead.
(c) They are free.
(d) They are sleeping.
3. After Cadmus and Tiresius talk to Pentheus, what does the Chorus call Pentheus?
(a) A miser.
(b) A blasphemer.
(c) A fool.
(d) A dead man.
4. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing?
(a) Cow skins.
(b) Fawn skins.
(c) Sheep skins.
(d) Deer skins.
5. According to the Chorus, who is Zeus's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the play, where are the women of Thebes?
2. How does Tiresius respond to Pentheus's order to destroy his property?
3. On which mountain do the Pierian Muses have their "haunt most fair?"
4. What story does Pentheus scoff at?
5. Who are the Bacchae?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)