|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dionysus cause to infect the women of Thebes?
2. What describes the stories that Pentheus shares about the women and their worship of Dionysus?
3. Pentheus is disturbed by the conversation with Cadmus and Tiresius and orders the destruction of Tiresius's what?
4. Where has the cult that is in Thebes come from?
5. At the beginning of the play, where are the women of Thebes?
(a) Outside the city.
(b) In the temple.
(c) At the river.
(d) In their homes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hera?
2. What story is told in the Chorus's first appearance?
3. The Chorus suggests that worship is the only ________ ________ to the gods.
4. When Dionysus was born, he was crowned with a coronal of what?
5. What body part kept Dionysus until he was born?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)