Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parodos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What destroyed Dionysus's mother?
(a) A thunder storm.
(b) A thunder strike.
(c) A lightening strike.
(d) A lightening flash.
2. What would a follower of Dionysus "brandish" while wearing a crown of ivy?
(a) A frustus.
(b) A spear.
(c) A thyrsus.
(d) A sword.
3. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus enters for the first time?
(a) The Soldier.
(c) The Messenger.
4. At the beginning of the play, where are the women of Thebes?
(a) In their homes.
(b) At the river.
(c) Outside the city.
(d) In the temple.
5. Pentheus is ______ by the worshipers of Dionysus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dionysus wants to punish people in Thebes for what?
2. What is the Parodos?
3. In the Chorus's first lines, they believe that a happy man is one who leads what kind of life?
4. Who is the writer of this play?
5. What kind of relationship did Dionysus's father have with his mother?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)