|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many gates does Pentheus say Thebes has?
2. What reason did Dionysus give to the women when he ordered them to take their vengeance on Pentheus?
(a) For mocking their rites.
(b) For trying to bring them home by force.
(c) For not believing in Dionysus.
(d) For pretending to be a woman.
3. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus enters for the first time?
(a) The Messenger.
(c) The Soldier.
4. What is the Axius?
(a) An ocean.
(b) A stream.
(c) A river.
(d) A sea.
5. According to the Chorus, when is it right to override the laws of custom?
(a) On occasion.
(c) When it is in the interests of the gods.
(d) When it is in the interests of the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would a follower of Dionysus "brandish" while wearing a crown of ivy?
2. Wildness and _________ are synonymous with the worship of Dionysus.
3. The Chorus, in the Parodos, describes the joy of worship with what?
4. What do the worshipers of Dionysus dress in?
5. How does the Chorus characterize Pentheus's intent to meddle with the rites of Dionysus?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)