|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship is Pentheus to Dionysus?
2. The Chorus says, "I envy not deep _______."
3. Why is the soldier ashamed to bring Dionysus to Pentheus?
(a) Because the soldier believes in Dionysus as a god.
(b) Because he came so willingly.
(c) Because the soldier doesn't like Pentheus.
(d) Because he is an old man.
4. What are Tiresius and Cadmus planning on doing?
(a) Honoring Dionysus.
(b) Praying to Dionysus in the temple.
(c) Pretending to be women.
(d) Partying with the women.
5. What did Dionysus raise "twixt heaven and earth" when he spoke from heaven?
(a) A darkness.
(b) A cloud.
(c) A waterfall.
(d) A column of flame.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the first messenger say he comes from?
2. In the first line of the fourth ode, how does the Chorus refer to the women?
3. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
4. According to the Chorus, who is Zeus's father?
5. Which foreign river is never fed by rain, according to the Chorus?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)