|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pentheus holds what title?
2. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who brings what?
3. How does the Chorus characterize Pentheus's intent to meddle with the rites of Dionysus?
(a) Single intent.
(b) Purposeful intent.
(c) Frantic intent.
(d) Mad intent.
4. The Chorus says that Cyprus is the isle of what goddess?
5. If you aim too high, and miss the pleasures within your reach, the Chorus would consider you a what?
(a) Madman and rich.
(b) Madman and fool.
(c) Madman and idiot.
(d) Madman and philospher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dionysus promise Pentheus he will return to the city?
2. Who is the Chorus referring to when they say "earth-born?"
3. Why does Pentheus become enraged when questioning his prisoner?
4. According to the messenger, what has Pentheus's mother won?
5. Pentheus is obsessed with what aspect of the women's behavior?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)