|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pentheus holding is his right hand?
(a) A wine bottle.
(b) A sword.
(c) A crown.
(d) A thyrsus.
2. Who is Dionysus's father?
3. According to the soldier when he brings Dionysus, what happened to the women in their prison?
(a) They are dead.
(b) They are sleeping.
(c) They are not eating.
(d) They are free.
4. How does Tiresius respond to Pentheus's order to destroy his property?
(a) With pity.
(b) With fear.
(c) With rage.
(d) With anger.
5. How many suns does Pentheus see when he comes out in his disguise?
(b) None - it is night.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the servant who brings Dionysus in to Pentheus refer to Dionysus?
2. The Chorus compares being happy to escaping what, from the sea?
3. Pentheus accuses Tiresius of supporting Dionysus for what reasons?
4. What emotion is the Chorus trying to inspire in their fourth ode?
5. When the Chorus says that there are a "myriad of hopes for all the myriad minds," what does myriad mean?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)