|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dionysus says, multiple times, that the god is before Pentheus, what is Pentheus' reaction?
(a) He is greatful.
(b) He is awed.
(c) He is full of praise.
(d) He is confused.
2. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing?
(a) Cow skins.
(b) Fawn skins.
(c) Sheep skins.
(d) Deer skins.
3. After Cadmus and Tiresius talk to Pentheus, what does the Chorus call Pentheus?
(a) A dead man.
(b) A blasphemer.
(c) A miser.
(d) A fool.
4. When Dionysus speaks to Pentheus for the first time, Dionysus says that all foreigners celebrate his mysteries with what?
5. A happy man, according to the Chorus, is one who from day to day has his life what?
(b) Full of surprises.
(c) Reach new levels.
(d) Follow tradition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pentheus is obsessed with what aspect of the women's behavior?
2. Tiresius says that failing to give honor where honor is due is what?
3. The Chorus says that Cyprus is the isle of what goddess?
4. During the third ode, the Chorus looks forward to what?
5. What kind of herd was the first messenger driving when he came upon the women?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)