|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason did Dionysus give to the women when he ordered them to take their vengeance on Pentheus?
(a) For not believing in Dionysus.
(b) For trying to bring them home by force.
(c) For mocking their rites.
(d) For pretending to be a woman.
2. The Chorus says, "What ______ ______ the earth-born race displays."
(a) Furious rage.
(b) Strong hatred.
(c) Deep feelings.
(d) Handsome emotions.
3. According to the Chorus, who dwells on Cyprus?
(a) The alluring gods.
(b) The love gods.
(c) The tempting gods.
(d) The lust gods.
4. Where did Dionysus place Pentheus so he could get a better look?
(a) A rock.
(b) A hillside.
(c) A cave.
(d) A tree.
5. At the beginning of the play, where are the women of Thebes?
(a) Outside the city.
(b) At the river.
(c) In their homes.
(d) In the temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dionysus tell Pentheus to "step out" while he is in disguise?
2. What did Pentheus tie up instead of binding Dionysus's hands and feet?
3. What are Tiresius and Cadmus planning on doing?
4. Tiresius says that failing to give honor where honor is due is what?
5. Who used his lute to gather trees to his ministry?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)