|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pentheus is ______ by the worshipers of Dionysus.
2. What do the worshipers of Dionysus dress in?
(a) Leaves and branches.
(b) Simple clothes.
(c) Animal skins.
(d) Robes of purple.
3. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus enters for the first time?
(b) The Soldier.
(c) The Messenger.
4. How does the Chorus think that a mortal man should "live out his day and night?"
(a) In prayer and song.
(b) In happiness and lust.
(c) In purity and holiness.
(d) In sadness and sorrow.
5. Because of what happened to the women, the soldier thinks that Dionysus causes what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dionysus's father?
2. Why does Pentheus become enraged when questioning his prisoner?
3. The Chorus shares the belief of Tiresius and Cadmus that to honor the divine is what?
4. The Chorus asks Dionysus to lead them places and act as their what?
5. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who brings what?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)