|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who brings what?
2. Dionysus wants to punish people in Thebes for what?
(a) Not worshiping him as a god.
(b) Not honoring him at their festivals.
(c) Not having a temple for him.
(d) Not giving tributes to him.
3. During the third ode, the Chorus looks forward to what?
(a) Pentheus's success.
(b) Pentheus's homage to Dionysus.
(c) Dionysus's revenge.
(d) Dionysus's reconciliation with his family.
4. When Dionysus was born, he was crowned with a coronal of what?
5. What is the Axius?
(a) A river.
(b) A stream.
(c) A sea.
(d) An ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus shares the belief of Tiresius and Cadmus that to honor the divine is what?
2. How does Pentheus feel about the task he is undertaking in disguise?
3. What is the Chorus praying for in the second ode?
4. What reason did Dionysus give to the women when he ordered them to take their vengeance on Pentheus?
5. What kind of herd was the first messenger driving when he came upon the women?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)