|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Chorus, when is it right to override the laws of custom?
(a) When it is in the interests of the gods.
(b) When it is in the interests of the people.
(d) On occasion.
2. The Chorus says that Dionysus makes his followers laugh away what?
(a) Differences between them.
(b) Small things.
(c) Life's troubles.
(d) Dull care.
3. According to the Chorus, why does Dionysus chase the goat?
(a) To wear its horns.
(b) To have company.
(c) To eat its meat.
(d) To drink its blood.
4. When Dionysus speaks to Pentheus for the first time, Dionysus says that all foreigners celebrate his mysteries with what?
5. Who ripped Pentheus apart?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Chorus, the end of all unbridled speech would bring what?
2. What story does Pentheus scoff at?
3. What describes the stories that Pentheus shares about the women and their worship of Dionysus?
4. Because of what happened to the women, the soldier thinks that Dionysus causes what?
5. The Chorus says, "What ______ ______ the earth-born race displays."
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)