|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Chorus characterize Pentheus's intent to meddle with the rites of Dionysus?
(a) Mad intent.
(b) Frantic intent.
(c) Single intent.
(d) Purposeful intent.
2. What kind of relationship did Dionysus's father have with his mother?
(a) A ritual.
(b) A marriage.
(c) An affair.
(d) A fling.
3. What does Tiresius suffer from?
4. What did Dionysus raise "twixt heaven and earth" when he spoke from heaven?
(a) A cloud.
(b) A waterfall.
(c) A darkness.
(d) A column of flame.
5. What story is told in the Chorus's first appearance?
(a) Dionysus's death.
(b) Dionysus's history.
(c) Dionysus's birth.
(d) Dionysus's revenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Chorus says that there are a "myriad of hopes for all the myriad minds," what does myriad mean?
2. Pentheus accuses Tiresius of supporting Dionysus for what reasons?
3. When DIonysus says, "Thy change of mind compels thy praise," with what tone does he say those words?
4. How does Tiresius respond to Pentheus's order to destroy his property?
5. How does the servant who brings Dionysus in to Pentheus refer to Dionysus?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)