|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dionysus raise "twixt heaven and earth" when he spoke from heaven?
(a) A waterfall.
(b) A cloud.
(c) A column of flame.
(d) A darkness.
2. According to the Chorus, who will be the first person to "mark" Pentheus?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) HIs aunt.
3. Tiresius tells Pentheus that the story of Dionysus is a what?
4. What part of Pentheus is his mother carrying to the city?
(a) His leg.
(b) His hand.
(c) His head.
(d) His ear.
5. Who is Pentheus's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus says that Dionysus makes his followers laugh away what?
2. According to the Chorus, why does Dionysus chase the goat?
3. Who says, "By this name, O Baccic god, I now proclaim thee to Thebes?"
4. At the beginning of the play, where are the women of Thebes?
5. Where has the cult that is in Thebes come from?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)