|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hellas?
(a) The after-life.
(b) A temple in Delphi.
(d) A mountain.
2. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus enters for the first time?
(a) The Messenger.
(d) The Soldier.
3. What story is told in the Chorus's first appearance?
(a) Dionysus's history.
(b) Dionysus's death.
(c) Dionysus's revenge.
(d) Dionysus's birth.
4. When he could not see the women well, what did Pentheus do?
5. Who is the writer of this play?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus says that Dionysus is the "nurse divine of _______."
2. Who is the Chorus referring to when they say "earth-born?"
3. What story does Pentheus scoff at?
4. Where did Dionysus place Pentheus so he could get a better look?
5. According to the Chorus, who will be the first person to "mark" Pentheus?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)