|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women tie around their waists, according to the first messenger?
2. According to the Chorus, who was "sprung of a dragon of old?"
3. The first messenger reports that when they tried to bring Pentheus's mother back from the group of women, the women went mad and destroyed what?
(a) A herd of cattle.
(b) A herd of sheep.
(c) A town of men.
(d) A flock of birds.
4. Where is Pentheus's mother at the beginning of the play?
(a) Traveling abroad.
(b) By herself in her rooms.
(c) With the other women.
(d) In the catacombs.
5. On which mountain do the Pierian Muses have their "haunt most fair?"
(a) Mt. Othella.
(b) Mt. Olives.
(c) Mt. Olympus.
(d) Mt. Oppilos.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the first messenger say he comes from?
2. Tiresius tells Pentheus not to rely on what, to dominate mankind?
3. Pentheus says that "women must not be mastered" by what?
4. This Chorus's point of view is that Dionysus is what?
5. Pentheus is obsessed with what aspect of the women's behavior?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)