|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tiresius respond to Pentheus's order to destroy his property?
(a) With pity.
(b) With rage.
(c) With anger.
(d) With fear.
2. Who is the writer of this play?
3. What does Dionysus say the problem is with Pentheus's dress?
(a) It is the wrong color.
(b) It is the wrong fabric.
(c) It is too long.
(d) It doesn't hang evenly.
4. At the beginning of the play, where are the women of Thebes?
(a) In the temple.
(b) In their homes.
(c) Outside the city.
(d) At the river.
5. After Cadmus and Tiresius talk to Pentheus, what does the Chorus call Pentheus?
(a) A blasphemer.
(b) A dead man.
(c) A miser.
(d) A fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Chorus says "Like a colt that gambols at its mother's side," who are they saying is the colt?
2. What rises from the site of Dionysus's mother's death?
3. Why did Pentheus "fall fainting?"
4. Who is Pentheus's father?
5. What is Hellas?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)