|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dionysus tell Pentheus to "step out" while he is in disguise?
(a) Happily, with the air of gladness.
(b) Stealthy lest none should see him.
(d) With his right foot.
2. What is Pentheus holding is his right hand?
(a) A crown.
(b) A thyrsus.
(c) A wine bottle.
(d) A sword.
3. Pentheus orders the capture of Dionysus and who?
(a) The leader of the cult.
(b) The people giving money to the cult.
(c) The women.
(d) All his followers.
4. The Chorus says that sophistry is not what?
5. What describes the stories that Pentheus shares about the women and their worship of Dionysus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Bacchae?
2. According to the Chorus, the end of all unbridled speech would bring what?
3. Where did Dionysus place Pentheus so he could get a better look?
4. The Chorus compares "tossing my neck to heaven's dewey breath" to what animal?
5. What would a follower of Dionysus "brandish" while wearing a crown of ivy?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)