|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing on their heads?
(a) Garlands of leaves.
(b) Wreaths of branches.
(c) Garlands of flowers.
(d) Crowns of gold.
2. When Pentheus leaves the palace, what is he dressed as?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A shepherd.
(c) A bacchant.
(d) A commoner.
3. The Chorus asks Dionysus to lead them places and act as their what?
(a) Kingly guide.
(b) Godly guide.
(c) Divine guide.
(d) Celestial guide.
4. Pentheus says that he will do what to the women he has captured?
(a) Sell them as slaves.
(b) Make them his mistresses.
(c) Return them to their families.
(d) Keep them in the prison.
5. Pentheus says that "women must not be mastered" by what?
(a) Tricks and magic.
(b) Brute force.
(c) Pretend gods.
(d) Unworthy men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What describes the stories that Pentheus shares about the women and their worship of Dionysus?
2. Who ripped Pentheus apart?
3. Tiresius tells Pentheus not to rely on what, to dominate mankind?
4. The Chorus compares being happy to escaping what, from the sea?
5. Which foreign river is never fed by rain, according to the Chorus?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)