|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women tie around their waists, according to the first messenger?
2. What kind of heart does the Chorus think Pentheus has in his quest against the women?
(a) A sourrowful heart.
(b) A heart of stone.
(c) A hardened heart.
(d) A wicked heart.
3. Who does Dionysus address in the play's prologue?
(a) The audience.
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
4. What rises from the site of Dionysus's mother's death?
(a) A mountain.
(c) A tree.
(d) A vine.
5. Pentheus scolds Cadmus for looking ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the soldier when he brings Dionysus, what happened to the women in their prison?
2. According to the Chorus, who was "sprung of a dragon of old?"
3. Where is Pentheus's mother at the beginning of the play?
4. The Chorus, in the Parodos, describes the joy of worship with what?
5. How does the Chorus characterize Pentheus's intent to meddle with the rites of Dionysus?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)