|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings the news that Pentheus is dead?
(a) The fifth messenger.
(b) The second messenger.
(c) The third messenger.
(d) The fourth messenger.
2. What kind of heart does the Chorus think Pentheus has in his quest against the women?
(a) A hardened heart.
(b) A wicked heart.
(c) A heart of stone.
(d) A sourrowful heart.
3. After Cadmus and Tiresius talk to Pentheus, what does the Chorus call Pentheus?
(a) A dead man.
(b) A fool.
(c) A miser.
(d) A blasphemer.
4. This Chorus's point of view is that Dionysus is what?
5. The Chorus says that "true wisdom is keeping the heart and soul aloof" from what?
(a) Over-educated men.
(b) Over-thinking philosophers.
(c) Over-subtle wits.
(d) Heavy thinkers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dionysus has taken what form so he can punish people?
2. The Chorus says, "What ______ ______ the earth-born race displays."
3. What does Tiresius suffer from?
4. What is the point the Chorus makes in their second ode?
5. According to the Chorus, who is Zeus's father?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)