|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The power of the gods, according to the Chorus, corrects the mortal what?
2. When the Chorus says, "Will this white-foot e'er join the night long dance," who is the white-foot they are referring to?
3. What does Tiresius suffer from?
4. What story does Pentheus scoff at?
(a) Dionysus's life.
(b) Dionysus's travels.
(c) Dionysus's birth.
(d) Dionysus's prophet.
5. When Dionysus refers to "the seats of Nymphs" and "the place of Pan" what is he referring to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Semele?
2. In the first line of the fourth ode, how does the Chorus refer to the women?
3. Who ripped the tree out of the ground?
4. What describes the stories that Pentheus shares about the women and their worship of Dionysus?
5. What did Dionysus cause to infect the women of Thebes?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)