|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Chorus, who dwells on Cyprus?
(a) The love gods.
(b) The lust gods.
(c) The tempting gods.
(d) The alluring gods.
2. The Chorus suggests that worship is the only ________ ________ to the gods.
(a) Appropriate response.
(b) Honorable response.
(c) Safe response.
(d) Reasonable response.
3. Tiresius tells Pentheus not to rely on what, to dominate mankind?
4. What form does the Chorus plead for Dionysus to show up in front of them as?
(a) A dragon with teeth snapping.
(b) A lion breating flame.
(c) A horse ready for battle.
(d) A bear growling in anger.
5. Who ripped Pentheus apart?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Pentheus is his mother carrying to the city?
2. How does the Chorus characterize Pentheus's intent to meddle with the rites of Dionysus?
3. What would a follower of Dionysus "brandish" while wearing a crown of ivy?
4. Why is the soldier ashamed to bring Dionysus to Pentheus?
5. What does Tiresius suffer from?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)