|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus says that Cyprus is the isle of what goddess?
2. What is the Axius?
(a) A river.
(b) An ocean.
(c) A stream.
(d) A sea.
3. What destroyed Dionysus's mother?
(a) A lightening flash.
(b) A lightening strike.
(c) A thunder strike.
(d) A thunder storm.
4. Who are the Bacchae?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) Dionysus's followers.
(c) The unbelivers.
(d) The priests of Dionysus.
5. The Chorus shares the belief of Tiresius and Cadmus that to honor the divine is what?
(a) A waste of time.
(b) A tradition.
(c) Common sense.
(d) Only for the rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pentheus is disturbed by the conversation with Cadmus and Tiresius and orders the destruction of Tiresius's what?
2. According to the Chorus, who was "sprung of a dragon of old?"
3. How did Pentheus die?
4. At the beginning of the play, where are the women of Thebes?
5. What does Dionysus say the problem is with Pentheus's dress?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)