|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Chorus referring to when they say "earth-born?"
2. When Pentheus leaves the palace, what is he dressed as?
(a) A bacchant.
(b) A shepherd.
(c) A commoner.
(d) A farmer.
3. Why did Pentheus "fall fainting?"
(a) He was poisoned.
(b) He was exhausted.
(c) He was made to do so by the gods.
(d) He was overwhelmed.
4. What body part kept Dionysus until he was born?
(a) An arm.
(b) A thigh.
(c) A head.
(d) A stomach.
5. What does Dionysus say the problem is with Pentheus's dress?
(a) It doesn't hang evenly.
(b) It is the wrong color.
(c) It is the wrong fabric.
(d) It is too long.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus starts their fourth ode?
2. What does Tiresius suffer from?
3. What kind of relationship did Dionysus's father have with his mother?
4. In the first line of the fourth ode, how does the Chorus refer to the women?
5. According to the messenger, what has Pentheus's mother won?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)