|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Episode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who honors Dionysus's mother's burial site?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
2. When he could not see the women well, what did Pentheus do?
3. When Pentheus leaves the palace, what is he dressed as?
(a) A bacchant.
(b) A shepherd.
(c) A commoner.
(d) A farmer.
4. In the first line of the fourth ode, how does the Chorus refer to the women?
(a) The wild women.
(b) The daughters of Cadmus.
(c) The daughters of Dionysus.
(d) The happy souls of wine.
5. What story does Pentheus scoff at?
(a) Dionysus's birth.
(b) Dionysus's travels.
(c) Dionysus's life.
(d) Dionysus's prophet.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus says that Dionysus is the "nurse divine of _______."
2. Pentheus scolds Cadmus for looking ________.
3. What does Tiresius suffer from?
4. Who is supposed to be inspired by the Chorus's fourth ode?
5. The Chorus compares being happy to escaping what, from the sea?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)