|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does the Chorus say Dionysus can "wake?"
(a) The harp.
(b) The flute.
(c) The banjo.
(d) The piano.
2. Dionysus has taken what form so he can punish people?
(a) A pheonix.
(b) A minotaur.
(c) A monster.
(d) A human.
3. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing?
(a) Sheep skins.
(b) Deer skins.
(c) Fawn skins.
(d) Cow skins.
4. Where is Pentheus's mother at the beginning of the play?
(a) In the catacombs.
(b) By herself in her rooms.
(c) Traveling abroad.
(d) With the other women.
5. The Chorus, in the Parodos, describes the joy of worship with what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Bacchae?
2. The Chorus extolls the virtue of simple what?
3. When Dionysus was born, he was crowned with a coronal of what?
4. What kind of meat do the worshipers of Dionysus eat?
5. The Chorus asks Dionysus to lead them places and act as their what?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)