|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does the Chorus say Dionysus can "wake?"
(a) The flute.
(b) The banjo.
(c) The harp.
(d) The piano.
2. Which foreign river is never fed by rain, according to the Chorus?
3. What destroyed Dionysus's mother?
(a) A thunder strike.
(b) A thunder storm.
(c) A lightening flash.
(d) A lightening strike.
4. According to the Chorus, the end of all unbridled speech would bring what?
5. What would a follower of Dionysus "brandish" while wearing a crown of ivy?
(a) A thyrsus.
(b) A frustus.
(c) A sword.
(d) A spear.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Chorus, what is hateful to Dionysus?
2. Dionysus has taken what form so he can punish people?
3. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing?
4. What describes the stories that Pentheus shares about the women and their worship of Dionysus?
5. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who brings what?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)