|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who brings what?
2. What is the Parodos?
(a) A hymn of longing.
(b) A hymn of praise.
(c) A hymn of lament.
(d) A hymn of desire.
3. In the Chorus's first lines, they believe that a happy man is one who leads what kind of life?
4. Who does Dionysus address in the play's prologue?
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) The audience.
5. What relationship is Pentheus to Dionysus?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the play, where are the women of Thebes?
2. Pentheus is disturbed by the conversation with Cadmus and Tiresius and orders the destruction of Tiresius's what?
3. When Dionysus was born, he was crowned with a coronal of what?
4. Cadmus tells Pentheus that if he would call Dionysus a god, it would do what?
5. Who honors Dionysus's mother's burial site?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)