|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tiresius tells Pentheus that the story of Dionysus is a what?
2. Dionysus wants to punish people in Thebes for what?
(a) Not having a temple for him.
(b) Not honoring him at their festivals.
(c) Not giving tributes to him.
(d) Not worshiping him as a god.
3. What body part kept Dionysus until he was born?
(a) A head.
(b) A thigh.
(c) An arm.
(d) A stomach.
4. What are Tiresius and Cadmus planning on doing?
(a) Partying with the women.
(b) Pretending to be women.
(c) Honoring Dionysus.
(d) Praying to Dionysus in the temple.
5. Pentheus scolds Cadmus for looking ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. On which mountain do the Pierian Muses have their "haunt most fair?"
2. If you aim too high, and miss the pleasures within your reach, the Chorus would consider you a what?
3. What did Dionysus cause to infect the women of Thebes?
4. Where is Pentheus's mother at the beginning of the play?
5. The Chorus says that Dionysus is the "nurse divine of _______."
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)