|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Chorus says "Like a colt that gambols at its mother's side," who are they saying is the colt?
(a) The worshipers of Dionysus.
(d) The Greeks.
2. Cadmus doesn't say whether or not he believes Dionysus is a god, but tells Pentheus that it would be wise of Pentheus to treat Dionysus as what?
(a) A king.
(b) A family member.
(c) An honored guest.
(d) A god.
3. According to the Chorus, who dwells on Cyprus?
(a) The alluring gods.
(b) The love gods.
(c) The lust gods.
(d) The tempting gods.
4. What did Dionysus cause to infect the women of Thebes?
5. At the beginning of the play, where are the women of Thebes?
(a) Outside the city.
(b) In the temple.
(c) At the river.
(d) In their homes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing on their heads?
2. Who does Dionysus address in the play's prologue?
3. Where is Pentheus's mother at the beginning of the play?
4. What do the worshipers of Dionysus dress in?
5. What instrument does the Chorus say Dionysus can "wake?"
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)