|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who cures the grief of the ________ and the ________.
(a) Slave, master.
(b) Woman, man.
(c) Rich, poor.
(d) Adult, child.
2. Tiresius tells Pentheus that the story of Dionysus is a what?
3. This Chorus's point of view is that Dionysus is what?
4. The Chorus says that Cyprus is the isle of what goddess?
5. Cadmus tells Pentheus that if he would call Dionysus a god, it would do what?
(a) Honor the whole family.
(b) Prevent disaster.
(c) Stop his desire for revenge.
(d) Calm the women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wildness and _________ are synonymous with the worship of Dionysus.
2. What is the Parodos?
3. Where has the cult that is in Thebes come from?
4. Pentheus is ______ by the worshipers of Dionysus.
5. What story is told in the Chorus's first appearance?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)