|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Chorus, the end of all unbridled speech would bring what?
2. Pentheus accuses Tiresius of supporting Dionysus for what reasons?
(a) Misguided reasons.
(b) Selfish reasons.
(c) Hurtful reasons.
(d) Dishonest reasons.
3. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus enters for the first time?
(a) The Messenger.
(c) The Soldier.
4. When the Chorus says "Like a colt that gambols at its mother's side," who are they saying is the colt?
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The worshipers of Dionysus.
5. This Chorus's point of view is that Dionysus is what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dionysus cause to infect the women of Thebes?
2. According to the Chorus, who dwells on Cyprus?
3. The Chorus says that Cyprus is the isle of what goddess?
4. In the Chorus's first lines, they believe that a happy man is one who leads what kind of life?
5. The Chorus says that Dionysus is the "nurse divine of _______."
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)