|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Cadmus and Tiresius talk to Pentheus, what does the Chorus call Pentheus?
(a) A miser.
(b) A dead man.
(c) A blasphemer.
(d) A fool.
2. Where is Pentheus's mother at the beginning of the play?
(a) Traveling abroad.
(b) With the other women.
(c) In the catacombs.
(d) By herself in her rooms.
3. What word describes both Tiresius and Cadmus?
4. What instrument does the Chorus say Dionysus can "wake?"
(a) The harp.
(b) The piano.
(c) The flute.
(d) The banjo.
5. Tiresius tells Pentheus that the story of Dionysus is a what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus enters for the first time?
2. Who are the Bacchae?
3. According to the Chorus, what is hateful to Dionysus?
4. The Chorus says that Dionysus is the "nurse divine of _______."
5. What describes the stories that Pentheus shares about the women and their worship of Dionysus?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)