|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What destroyed Dionysus's mother?
(a) A thunder strike.
(b) A lightening flash.
(c) A lightening strike.
(d) A thunder storm.
2. The Chorus says that Cyprus is the isle of what goddess?
3. Pentheus accuses Tiresius of supporting Dionysus for what reasons?
(a) Misguided reasons.
(b) Hurtful reasons.
(c) Selfish reasons.
(d) Dishonest reasons.
4. According to the Chorus, why does Dionysus chase the goat?
(a) To wear its horns.
(b) To drink its blood.
(c) To eat its meat.
(d) To have company.
5. What body part kept Dionysus until he was born?
(a) A stomach.
(b) An arm.
(c) A head.
(d) A thigh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Semele?
2. Pentheus is ______ by the worshipers of Dionysus.
3. On which mountain do the Pierian Muses have their "haunt most fair?"
4. In the Chorus's first lines, they believe that a happy man is one who leads what kind of life?
5. If you aim too high, and miss the pleasures within your reach, the Chorus would consider you a what?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)