|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who honors Dionysus's mother's burial site?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her brother.
2. Pentheus holds what title?
3. Who are the Bacchae?
(a) The unbelivers.
(b) Dionysus's followers.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) The priests of Dionysus.
4. At the beginning of the play, where are the women of Thebes?
(a) Outside the city.
(b) At the river.
(c) In the temple.
(d) In their homes.
5. When the Chorus says "Like a colt that gambols at its mother's side," who are they saying is the colt?
(a) The Greeks.
(c) The worshipers of Dionysus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Semele?
2. The Chorus wants Thebes to "burst forth" with boughs of what?
3. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who brings what?
4. The Chorus says that Dionysus makes his followers laugh away what?
5. What would a follower of Dionysus "brandish" while wearing a crown of ivy?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)