|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing on their heads?
(a) Crowns of gold.
(b) Garlands of leaves.
(c) Wreaths of branches.
(d) Garlands of flowers.
2. What would a follower of Dionysus "brandish" while wearing a crown of ivy?
(a) A sword.
(b) A thyrsus.
(c) A frustus.
(d) A spear.
3. What describes the stories that Pentheus shares about the women and their worship of Dionysus?
4. The Chorus says that "true wisdom is keeping the heart and soul aloof" from what?
(a) Over-thinking philosophers.
(b) Heavy thinkers.
(c) Over-educated men.
(d) Over-subtle wits.
5. Who are the Bacchae?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) Dionysus's followers.
(c) The priests of Dionysus.
(d) The unbelivers.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Chorus, who dwells on Cyprus?
2. Pentheus is ______ by the worshipers of Dionysus.
3. Who honors Dionysus's mother's burial site?
4. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
5. What kind of relationship did Dionysus's father have with his mother?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)