|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word describes both Tiresius and Cadmus?
2. The Chorus says that sophistry is not what?
3. Who is the writer of this play?
4. What kind of relationship did Dionysus's father have with his mother?
(a) A marriage.
(b) A ritual.
(c) A fling.
(d) An affair.
5. What describes the stories that Pentheus shares about the women and their worship of Dionysus?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Chorus, why does Dionysus chase the goat?
2. What do the worshipers of Dionysus dress in?
3. Tiresius tells Pentheus not to rely on what, to dominate mankind?
4. The Chorus extolls the virtue of simple what?
5. What relationship is Pentheus to Dionysus?
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)