|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pentheus scolds Cadmus for looking ________.
2. Pentheus is obsessed with what aspect of the women's behavior?
(a) Their sexual behavior.
(b) Their honest behavior.
(c) Their childish behavior.
(d) Their prayerful behavior.
3. The Chorus extolls the virtue of simple what?
4. What describes the stories that Pentheus shares about the women and their worship of Dionysus?
5. At the beginning of the play, where are the women of Thebes?
(a) In their homes.
(b) In the temple.
(c) Outside the city.
(d) At the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus says that sophistry is not what?
2. Pentheus orders the capture of Dionysus and who?
3. Who honors Dionysus's mother's burial site?
4. If you aim too high, and miss the pleasures within your reach, the Chorus would consider you a what?
5. Where has the cult that is in Thebes come from?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)