|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tiresius suffer from?
2. Who does Dionysus address in the play's prologue?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) The audience.
3. When Dionysus was born, he was crowned with a coronal of what?
4. At the beginning of the play, where are the women of Thebes?
(a) At the river.
(b) In their homes.
(c) In the temple.
(d) Outside the city.
5. Who honors Dionysus's mother's burial site?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. If you aim too high, and miss the pleasures within your reach, the Chorus would consider you a what?
2. The Chorus says that "true wisdom is keeping the heart and soul aloof" from what?
3. What did Dionysus cause to infect the women of Thebes?
4. The Chorus extolls the virtue of simple what?
5. What is the Parodos?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)