|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the writer of this play?
2. Pentheus is ______ by the worshipers of Dionysus.
3. Dionysus wants to punish people in Thebes for what?
(a) Not having a temple for him.
(b) Not giving tributes to him.
(c) Not worshiping him as a god.
(d) Not honoring him at their festivals.
4. The Chorus suggests that worship is the only ________ ________ to the gods.
(a) Honorable response.
(b) Appropriate response.
(c) Reasonable response.
(d) Safe response.
5. What body part kept Dionysus until he was born?
(a) A stomach.
(b) A thigh.
(c) A head.
(d) An arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tiresius respond to Pentheus's order to destroy his property?
2. What is the Parodos?
3. When the Chorus says "Like a colt that gambols at its mother's side," who are they saying is the colt?
4. Cadmus doesn't say whether or not he believes Dionysus is a god, but tells Pentheus that it would be wise of Pentheus to treat Dionysus as what?
5. This Chorus's point of view is that Dionysus is what?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)