|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who cures the grief of the ________ and the ________.
(a) Adult, child.
(b) Woman, man.
(c) Rich, poor.
(d) Slave, master.
2. What story does Pentheus scoff at?
(a) Dionysus's birth.
(b) Dionysus's life.
(c) Dionysus's travels.
(d) Dionysus's prophet.
3. According to the Chorus, the end of all unbridled speech would bring what?
4. What describes the stories that Pentheus shares about the women and their worship of Dionysus?
5. According to the Chorus, who dwells on Cyprus?
(a) The alluring gods.
(b) The lust gods.
(c) The tempting gods.
(d) The love gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Tiresius and Cadmus planning on doing?
2. Who are the Bacchae?
3. What destroyed Dionysus's mother?
4. The Chorus says that Dionysus is the "nurse divine of _______."
5. After Cadmus and Tiresius talk to Pentheus, what does the Chorus call Pentheus?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)