|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus suggests that worship is the only ________ ________ to the gods.
(a) Appropriate response.
(b) Safe response.
(c) Reasonable response.
(d) Honorable response.
2. Tiresius tells Pentheus that the story of Dionysus is a what?
3. The Chorus asks Dionysus to lead them places and act as their what?
(a) Divine guide.
(b) Godly guide.
(c) Celestial guide.
(d) Kingly guide.
4. Pentheus is obsessed with what aspect of the women's behavior?
(a) Their honest behavior.
(b) Their childish behavior.
(c) Their sexual behavior.
(d) Their prayerful behavior.
5. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus enters for the first time?
(b) The Messenger.
(c) The Soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What describes the stories that Pentheus shares about the women and their worship of Dionysus?
2. The Chorus extolls the virtue of simple what?
3. Who is the writer of this play?
4. Who are the Bacchae?
5. According to the Chorus, who is Zeus's father?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)