|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Chorus's first lines, they believe that a happy man is one who leads what kind of life?
2. On which mountain do the Pierian Muses have their "haunt most fair?"
(a) Mt. Olympus.
(b) Mt. Oppilos.
(c) Mt. Othella.
(d) Mt. Olives.
3. What destroyed Dionysus's mother?
(a) A thunder storm.
(b) A lightening flash.
(c) A lightening strike.
(d) A thunder strike.
4. When Dionysus was born, he was crowned with a coronal of what?
5. If you aim too high, and miss the pleasures within your reach, the Chorus would consider you a what?
(a) Madman and idiot.
(b) Madman and fool.
(c) Madman and philospher.
(d) Madman and rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pentheus accuses Tiresius of supporting Dionysus for what reasons?
2. Wildness and _________ are synonymous with the worship of Dionysus.
3. Who honors Dionysus's mother's burial site?
4. Pentheus is ______ by the worshipers of Dionysus.
5. Where is Pentheus's mother at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)