|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Chorus, why does Dionysus chase the goat?
(a) To eat its meat.
(b) To have company.
(c) To wear its horns.
(d) To drink its blood.
2. According to the Chorus, what is hateful to Dionysus?
(a) Not living the life of bliss.
(b) Not caring about the feasts.
(c) Not treating guests as family.
(d) Not believing in divinity.
3. On which mountain do the Pierian Muses have their "haunt most fair?"
(a) Mt. Olympus.
(b) Mt. Othella.
(c) Mt. Olives.
(d) Mt. Oppilos.
4. Who honors Dionysus's mother's burial site?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brother.
5. Who is Hera?
(a) Zeus's sister.
(b) Zeus's mother.
(c) Zeus's mistress.
(d) Zeus's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pentheus holds what title?
2. The Chorus says that "true wisdom is keeping the heart and soul aloof" from what?
3. Wildness and _________ are synonymous with the worship of Dionysus.
4. Pentheus scolds Cadmus for looking ________.
5. After Cadmus and Tiresius talk to Pentheus, what does the Chorus call Pentheus?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)