|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tiresius tells Pentheus that the story of Dionysus is a what?
2. At the beginning of the play, where are the women of Thebes?
(a) Outside the city.
(b) At the river.
(c) In their homes.
(d) In the temple.
3. The Chorus asks Dionysus to lead them places and act as their what?
(a) Kingly guide.
(b) Godly guide.
(c) Divine guide.
(d) Celestial guide.
4. Cadmus doesn't say whether or not he believes Dionysus is a god, but tells Pentheus that it would be wise of Pentheus to treat Dionysus as what?
(a) A family member.
(b) A god.
(c) A king.
(d) An honored guest.
5. According to the Chorus, who dwells on Cyprus?
(a) The love gods.
(b) The alluring gods.
(c) The lust gods.
(d) The tempting gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Bacchae?
2. Tiresius tells Pentheus not to rely on what, to dominate mankind?
3. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing on their heads?
4. What relationship is Pentheus to Dionysus?
5. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)