|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Chorus, why does Dionysus chase the goat?
(a) To wear its horns.
(b) To drink its blood.
(c) To have company.
(d) To eat its meat.
2. The Chorus suggests that worship is the only ________ ________ to the gods.
(a) Safe response.
(b) Appropriate response.
(c) Honorable response.
(d) Reasonable response.
3. Pentheus scolds Cadmus for looking ________.
4. After Cadmus and Tiresius talk to Pentheus, what does the Chorus call Pentheus?
(a) A blasphemer.
(b) A miser.
(c) A fool.
(d) A dead man.
5. What is Semele?
(a) A spirit.
(b) A nymph.
(c) A mortal.
(d) A goddess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing?
2. Which foreign river is never fed by rain, according to the Chorus?
3. At the beginning of the play, where are the women of Thebes?
4. This Chorus's point of view is that Dionysus is what?
5. Who honors Dionysus's mother's burial site?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)