|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus says that "true wisdom is keeping the heart and soul aloof" from what?
(a) Heavy thinkers.
(b) Over-thinking philosophers.
(c) Over-educated men.
(d) Over-subtle wits.
2. What rises from the site of Dionysus's mother's death?
(b) A mountain.
(c) A vine.
(d) A tree.
3. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who cures the grief of the ________ and the ________.
(a) Adult, child.
(b) Woman, man.
(c) Slave, master.
(d) Rich, poor.
4. How does Tiresius respond to Pentheus's order to destroy his property?
(a) With pity.
(b) With fear.
(c) With rage.
(d) With anger.
5. The Chorus extolls the virtue of simple what?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Chorus, who dwells on Cyprus?
2. What body part kept Dionysus until he was born?
3. Tiresius says that failing to give honor where honor is due is what?
4. Pentheus is disturbed by the conversation with Cadmus and Tiresius and orders the destruction of Tiresius's what?
5. Pentheus holds what title?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)