|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Chorus says "Like a colt that gambols at its mother's side," who are they saying is the colt?
(c) The worshipers of Dionysus.
(d) The Greeks.
2. Where has the cult that is in Thebes come from?
3. What describes the stories that Pentheus shares about the women and their worship of Dionysus?
4. Who honors Dionysus's mother's burial site?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her uncle.
5. Pentheus holds what title?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dionysus cause to infect the women of Thebes?
2. What kind of relationship did Dionysus's father have with his mother?
3. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who brings what?
4. What is Semele?
5. The Chorus says that Cyprus is the isle of what goddess?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)