Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the writer of this play?
2. The Chorus extolls the virtue of simple what?
3. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing on their heads?
(a) Wreaths of branches.
(b) Garlands of leaves.
(c) Garlands of flowers.
(d) Crowns of gold.
4. According to the Chorus, why does Dionysus chase the goat?
(a) To eat its meat.
(b) To wear its horns.
(c) To drink its blood.
(d) To have company.
5. Pentheus holds what title?
Short Answer Questions
1. What rises from the site of Dionysus's mother's death?
2. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing?
3. Tiresius tells Pentheus not to rely on what, to dominate mankind?
4. Wildness and _________ are synonymous with the worship of Dionysus.
5. At the beginning of the play, where are the women of Thebes?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)