|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus enters for the first time?
(a) The Messenger.
(b) The Soldier.
2. The Chorus says that although divine power is slow, it will punish who?
(a) The false gods.
(b) The arrogant.
(c) The misguided.
(d) All people.
3. Tiresius says that failing to give honor where honor is due is what?
(a) A folly.
(b) Real madness.
(c) A shame.
(d) Inviting revenge.
4. The Chorus compares being happy to escaping what, from the sea?
(a) The sharks.
(b) The traps.
(c) The waves.
(d) The undertow.
5. Tiresius tells Pentheus not to rely on what, to dominate mankind?
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of what happened to the women, the soldier thinks that Dionysus causes what?
2. Why is the soldier ashamed to bring Dionysus to Pentheus?
3. How does the servant who brings Dionysus in to Pentheus refer to Dionysus?
4. Pentheus is disturbed by the conversation with Cadmus and Tiresius and orders the destruction of Tiresius's what?
5. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing on their heads?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)