|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dionysus says, multiple times, that the god is before Pentheus, what is Pentheus' reaction?
(a) He is greatful.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is full of praise.
(d) He is awed.
2. Who used his lute to gather trees to his ministry?
3. Why is the soldier ashamed to bring Dionysus to Pentheus?
(a) Because the soldier believes in Dionysus as a god.
(b) Because he is an old man.
(c) Because the soldier doesn't like Pentheus.
(d) Because he came so willingly.
4. The Chorus extols the virtues of the simple man who lives within what?
(a) The traditions of his people.
(b) The walls with his family.
(c) The means of his life.
(d) The social boundaries.
5. According to the Chorus, who is Dirce's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Chorus praying for in the second ode?
2. According to the soldier when he brings Dionysus, what happened to the women in their prison?
3. Pentheus accuses Tiresius of supporting Dionysus for what reasons?
4. Pentheus is ______ by the worshipers of Dionysus.
5. The Chorus wants Thebes to "burst forth" with boughs of what?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)