|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What place does the Chorus call the "haunt of beasts?"
2. Who used his lute to gather trees to his ministry?
3. Tiresius tells Pentheus that the story of Dionysus is a what?
4. What describes the stories that Pentheus shares about the women and their worship of Dionysus?
5. The Chorus suggests that worship is the only ________ ________ to the gods.
(a) Reasonable response.
(b) Honorable response.
(c) Safe response.
(d) Appropriate response.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Parodos?
2. Pentheus is obsessed with what aspect of the women's behavior?
3. What is the Axius?
4. The Chorus compares being happy to escaping what, from the sea?
5. When the Chorus says that there are a "myriad of hopes for all the myriad minds," what does myriad mean?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)