|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tiresius suffer from?
2. The Chorus compares being happy to escaping what, from the sea?
(a) The undertow.
(b) The waves.
(c) The traps.
(d) The sharks.
3. What "enriches with his waters a fair land of steeds?"
(a) The father of sprinklers.
(b) The father of rivers.
(c) The father of irrigation.
(d) The father of streams.
4. The Chorus compares "tossing my neck to heaven's dewey breath" to what animal?
5. The Chorus says that although divine power is slow, it will punish who?
(a) The misguided.
(b) The false gods.
(c) The arrogant.
(d) All people.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus says, "What ______ ______ the earth-born race displays."
2. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing?
3. Tiresius tells Pentheus not to rely on what, to dominate mankind?
4. The Chorus says that true wisdom, as granted by the heavens to the mortals, is to gain mastery over what?
5. The Chorus wants Thebes to "burst forth" with boughs of what?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)