|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
2. According to the Chorus, who is Zeus's father?
3. When Dionysus was born, he was crowned with a coronal of what?
4. According to the Chorus, why does Dionysus chase the goat?
(a) To wear its horns.
(b) To have company.
(c) To eat its meat.
(d) To drink its blood.
5. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing on their heads?
(a) Garlands of leaves.
(b) Crowns of gold.
(c) Wreaths of branches.
(d) Garlands of flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tiresius says that failing to give honor where honor is due is what?
2. Cadmus tells Pentheus that if he would call Dionysus a god, it would do what?
3. How does Tiresius respond to Pentheus's order to destroy his property?
4. Who is the Chorus referring to when they say "earth-born?"
5. When the Chorus says "Like a colt that gambols at its mother's side," who are they saying is the colt?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)