|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pentheus says that he will do what to the women he has captured?
(a) Make them his mistresses.
(b) Sell them as slaves.
(c) Return them to their families.
(d) Keep them in the prison.
2. When the Chorus says, "Will this white-foot e'er join the night long dance," who is the white-foot they are referring to?
3. The Chorus extols the virtues of the simple man who lives within what?
(a) The traditions of his people.
(b) The walls with his family.
(c) The social boundaries.
(d) The means of his life.
4. What "enriches with his waters a fair land of steeds?"
(a) The father of sprinklers.
(b) The father of irrigation.
(c) The father of rivers.
(d) The father of streams.
5. How does the servant who brings Dionysus in to Pentheus refer to Dionysus?
(a) As a king.
(b) As prey.
(c) As a slave.
(d) As a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus compares being happy to escaping what, from the sea?
2. Who says, "By this name, O Baccic god, I now proclaim thee to Thebes?"
3. What kind of meat do the worshipers of Dionysus eat?
4. Pentheus is obsessed with what aspect of the women's behavior?
5. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing on their heads?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)