|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pentheus is obsessed with what aspect of the women's behavior?
(a) Their sexual behavior.
(b) Their honest behavior.
(c) Their childish behavior.
(d) Their prayerful behavior.
2. A happy man, according to the Chorus, is one who from day to day has his life what?
(b) Full of surprises.
(c) Reach new levels.
(d) Follow tradition.
3. What do the worshipers of Dionysus dress in?
(a) Leaves and branches.
(b) Animal skins.
(c) Robes of purple.
(d) Simple clothes.
4. Pentheus accuses Tiresius of supporting Dionysus for what reasons?
(a) Selfish reasons.
(b) Misguided reasons.
(c) Hurtful reasons.
(d) Dishonest reasons.
5. According to the Chorus, who was "sprung of a dragon of old?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What story is told in the Chorus's first appearance?
2. When Pentheus orders Dionysus locked up, who does he think Dionysus is?
3. Pentheus scolds Cadmus for looking ________.
4. Tiresius says that failing to give honor where honor is due is what?
5. The Chorus extols the virtues of the simple man who lives within what?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)