|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the servant who brings Dionysus in to Pentheus refer to Dionysus?
(a) As prey.
(b) As a slave.
(c) As a man.
(d) As a king.
2. Who is the Chorus referring to when they say "earth-born?"
3. What do the worshipers of Dionysus dress in?
(a) Simple clothes.
(b) Robes of purple.
(c) Leaves and branches.
(d) Animal skins.
4. When the Chorus says that there are a "myriad of hopes for all the myriad minds," what does myriad mean?
5. What story does Pentheus scoff at?
(a) Dionysus's life.
(b) Dionysus's birth.
(c) Dionysus's prophet.
(d) Dionysus's travels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pentheus become enraged when questioning his prisoner?
2. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
3. The Chorus suggests that worship is the only ________ ________ to the gods.
4. What are Tiresius and Cadmus planning on doing?
5. When Dionysus speaks to Pentheus for the first time, where does he say his home is?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)