|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pentheus is ______ by the worshipers of Dionysus.
2. When Dionysus speaks to Pentheus for the first time, Dionysus says that all foreigners celebrate his mysteries with what?
3. Cadmus doesn't say whether or not he believes Dionysus is a god, but tells Pentheus that it would be wise of Pentheus to treat Dionysus as what?
(a) A king.
(b) A family member.
(c) A god.
(d) An honored guest.
4. Why is the soldier ashamed to bring Dionysus to Pentheus?
(a) Because he came so willingly.
(b) Because the soldier believes in Dionysus as a god.
(c) Because he is an old man.
(d) Because the soldier doesn't like Pentheus.
5. Pentheus says that he will do what to the women he has captured?
(a) Make them his mistresses.
(b) Return them to their families.
(c) Sell them as slaves.
(d) Keep them in the prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pentheus want the women to spin at the loom?
2. Why does Pentheus become enraged when questioning his prisoner?
3. The Chorus says that although divine power is slow, it will punish who?
4. Because of what happened to the women, the soldier thinks that Dionysus causes what?
5. When the Chorus says that there are a "myriad of hopes for all the myriad minds," what does myriad mean?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)