|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Pentheus scoff at?
(a) Dionysus's life.
(b) Dionysus's birth.
(c) Dionysus's prophet.
(d) Dionysus's travels.
2. During the third ode, the Chorus looks forward to what?
(a) Pentheus's success.
(b) Pentheus's homage to Dionysus.
(c) Dionysus's reconciliation with his family.
(d) Dionysus's revenge.
3. What describes the stories that Pentheus shares about the women and their worship of Dionysus?
4. What would a follower of Dionysus "brandish" while wearing a crown of ivy?
(a) A thyrsus.
(b) A frustus.
(c) A sword.
(d) A spear.
5. The power of the gods, according to the Chorus, corrects the mortal what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pentheus is ______ by the worshipers of Dionysus.
2. When the Chorus says "Like a colt that gambols at its mother's side," who are they saying is the colt?
3. Pentheus accuses Tiresius of supporting Dionysus for what reasons?
4. What is the Axius?
5. According to the Chorus, when is it right to override the laws of custom?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)