|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Chorus says "Like a colt that gambols at its mother's side," who are they saying is the colt?
(b) The worshipers of Dionysus.
(c) The Greeks.
2. The Chorus suggests that worship is the only ________ ________ to the gods.
(a) Safe response.
(b) Appropriate response.
(c) Honorable response.
(d) Reasonable response.
3. Where has the cult that is in Thebes come from?
4. Pentheus accuses Tiresius of supporting Dionysus for what reasons?
(a) Misguided reasons.
(b) Hurtful reasons.
(c) Dishonest reasons.
(d) Selfish reasons.
5. When Dionysus speaks to Pentheus for the first time, where does he say his home is?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the soldier ashamed to bring Dionysus to Pentheus?
2. A happy man, according to the Chorus, is one who from day to day has his life what?
3. During the third ode, the Chorus looks forward to what?
4. What is the Parodos?
5. What is the point the Chorus makes in their second ode?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)