|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because of what happened to the women, the soldier thinks that Dionysus causes what?
2. The Chorus compares "tossing my neck to heaven's dewey breath" to what animal?
3. What "enriches with his waters a fair land of steeds?"
(a) The father of streams.
(b) The father of irrigation.
(c) The father of rivers.
(d) The father of sprinklers.
4. According to the soldier when he brings Dionysus, what happened to the women in their prison?
(a) They are sleeping.
(b) They are dead.
(c) They are free.
(d) They are not eating.
5. Where has the cult that is in Thebes come from?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dionysus says, multiple times, that the god is before Pentheus, what is Pentheus' reaction?
2. When Dionysus speaks to Pentheus for the first time, Dionysus says that all foreigners celebrate his mysteries with what?
3. What describes the stories that Pentheus shares about the women and their worship of Dionysus?
4. Who says, "By this name, O Baccic god, I now proclaim thee to Thebes?"
5. According to the Chorus, who is Zeus's father?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)