|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pentheus is obsessed with what aspect of the women's behavior?
(a) Their prayerful behavior.
(b) Their sexual behavior.
(c) Their childish behavior.
(d) Their honest behavior.
2. Cadmus tells Pentheus that if he would call Dionysus a god, it would do what?
(a) Prevent disaster.
(b) Honor the whole family.
(c) Stop his desire for revenge.
(d) Calm the women.
3. Tiresius says that failing to give honor where honor is due is what?
(a) Real madness.
(b) Inviting revenge.
(c) A folly.
(d) A shame.
4. In the Chorus's first lines, they believe that a happy man is one who leads what kind of life?
5. What is the point the Chorus makes in their second ode?
(a) Honoring Pentheus.
(b) Mocking Pentheus.
(c) Praising Pentheus.
(d) Denouncing Pentheus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pentheus scolds Cadmus for looking ________.
2. What does Tiresius suffer from?
3. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus enters for the first time?
4. The Chorus, in the Parodos, describes the joy of worship with what?
5. What "enriches with his waters a fair land of steeds?"
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)