|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tiresius suffer from?
2. The Chorus wants Thebes to "burst forth" with boughs of what?
(a) Oak and pine.
(b) Evergreen and pine.
(c) Holly and pine.
(d) Maple and pine.
3. According to the soldier when he brings Dionysus, what happened to the women in their prison?
(a) They are free.
(b) They are not eating.
(c) They are dead.
(d) They are sleeping.
4. Because of what happened to the women, the soldier thinks that Dionysus causes what?
5. Why is the soldier ashamed to bring Dionysus to Pentheus?
(a) Because he is an old man.
(b) Because the soldier believes in Dionysus as a god.
(c) Because he came so willingly.
(d) Because the soldier doesn't like Pentheus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the worshipers of Dionysus dress in?
2. What is the Axius?
3. What kind of meat do the worshipers of Dionysus eat?
4. Cadmus tells Pentheus that if he would call Dionysus a god, it would do what?
5. What story does Pentheus scoff at?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)