|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the soldier ashamed to bring Dionysus to Pentheus?
(a) Because the soldier doesn't like Pentheus.
(b) Because he is an old man.
(c) Because he came so willingly.
(d) Because the soldier believes in Dionysus as a god.
2. The Chorus says that although divine power is slow, it will punish who?
(a) The misguided.
(b) The arrogant.
(c) All people.
(d) The false gods.
3. Tiresius tells Pentheus not to rely on what, to dominate mankind?
4. The Chorus compares being happy to escaping what, from the sea?
(a) The undertow.
(b) The traps.
(c) The waves.
(d) The sharks.
5. Why does Pentheus want the women to spin at the loom?
(a) To do something with their lives.
(b) To honor other gods and goddesses.
(c) To quiet their drumming.
(d) To make things for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Pentheus scoff at?
2. Cadmus tells Pentheus that if he would call Dionysus a god, it would do what?
3. The Chorus says they have traveled over what "holy ridge" to "hasten to a pleasant task?"
4. When the Chorus says "Like a colt that gambols at its mother's side," who are they saying is the colt?
5. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing on their heads?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)