|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the third ode, the Chorus looks forward to what?
(a) Dionysus's revenge.
(b) Dionysus's reconciliation with his family.
(c) Pentheus's success.
(d) Pentheus's homage to Dionysus.
2. The Chorus says that true wisdom, as granted by the heavens to the mortals, is to gain mastery over what?
(a) The beasts of the field.
(b) Other men.
(c) The wilderness.
(d) A fallen foe.
3. According to the soldier when he brings Dionysus, what happened to the women in their prison?
(a) They are not eating.
(b) They are sleeping.
(c) They are free.
(d) They are dead.
4. The Chorus says that although divine power is slow, it will punish who?
(a) All people.
(b) The arrogant.
(c) The misguided.
(d) The false gods.
5. Tiresius tells Pentheus that the story of Dionysus is a what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Tiresius tells Pentheus not to rely on what, to dominate mankind?
2. What does Tiresius suffer from?
3. What is the point the Chorus makes in their second ode?
4. What "enriches with his waters a fair land of steeds?"
5. Why does Pentheus want the women to spin at the loom?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)