|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What describes the stories that Pentheus shares about the women and their worship of Dionysus?
2. According to the Chorus, why does Dionysus chase the goat?
(a) To have company.
(b) To drink its blood.
(c) To eat its meat.
(d) To wear its horns.
3. When the Chorus says that there are a "myriad of hopes for all the myriad minds," what does myriad mean?
4. What is the Axius?
(a) A sea.
(b) A stream.
(c) A river.
(d) An ocean.
5. When the Chorus says, "Will this white-foot e'er join the night long dance," who is the white-foot they are referring to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What "enriches with his waters a fair land of steeds?"
2. What does Tiresius suffer from?
3. Pentheus is obsessed with what aspect of the women's behavior?
4. Pentheus orders the capture of Dionysus and who?
5. Because of what happened to the women, the soldier thinks that Dionysus causes what?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)