|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus says that although divine power is slow, it will punish who?
(a) The arrogant.
(b) All people.
(c) The misguided.
(d) The false gods.
2. The Chorus extols the virtues of the simple man who lives within what?
(a) The social boundaries.
(b) The traditions of his people.
(c) The walls with his family.
(d) The means of his life.
3. Pentheus accuses Tiresius of supporting Dionysus for what reasons?
(a) Misguided reasons.
(b) Dishonest reasons.
(c) Hurtful reasons.
(d) Selfish reasons.
4. What place does the Chorus call the "haunt of beasts?"
5. Tiresius tells Pentheus not to rely on what, to dominate mankind?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pentheus's father?
2. Pentheus is disturbed by the conversation with Cadmus and Tiresius and orders the destruction of Tiresius's what?
3. According to the Chorus, who is Dirce's father?
4. What kind of meat do the worshipers of Dionysus eat?
5. Cadmus doesn't say whether or not he believes Dionysus is a god, but tells Pentheus that it would be wise of Pentheus to treat Dionysus as what?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)