|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Chorus says, "Will this white-foot e'er join the night long dance," who is the white-foot they are referring to?
2. According to the Chorus, who is Zeus's father?
3. Who is the Chorus referring to when they say "earth-born?"
4. When Dionysus speaks to Pentheus for the first time, where does he say his home is?
5. What story does Pentheus scoff at?
(a) Dionysus's prophet.
(b) Dionysus's life.
(c) Dionysus's travels.
(d) Dionysus's birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tiresius tells Pentheus that the story of Dionysus is a what?
2. A happy man, according to the Chorus, is one who from day to day has his life what?
3. What "enriches with his waters a fair land of steeds?"
4. The power of the gods, according to the Chorus, corrects the mortal what?
5. The Chorus says that true wisdom, as granted by the heavens to the mortals, is to gain mastery over what?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)