|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pentheus become enraged when questioning his prisoner?
(a) The prisoner only speaks in riddles.
(b) The prisoner doesn't answer him.
(c) He doesn't understand the prisoner.
(d) He doesn't like the prisoner's answers.
2. A happy man, according to the Chorus, is one who from day to day has his life what?
(b) Full of surprises.
(c) Reach new levels.
(d) Follow tradition.
3. What are Tiresius and Cadmus planning on doing?
(a) Honoring Dionysus.
(b) Partying with the women.
(c) Praying to Dionysus in the temple.
(d) Pretending to be women.
4. According to the Chorus, when is it right to override the laws of custom?
(a) On occasion.
(b) When it is in the interests of the gods.
(d) When it is in the interests of the people.
5. What is the Axius?
(a) A river.
(b) A stream.
(c) A sea.
(d) An ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the servant who brings Dionysus in to Pentheus refer to Dionysus?
2. Pentheus is obsessed with what aspect of the women's behavior?
3. The Chorus compares being happy to escaping what, from the sea?
4. The Chorus wants Thebes to "burst forth" with boughs of what?
5. Who is Pentheus's father?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)