|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Chorus referring to when they say "earth-born?"
2. Wildness and _________ are synonymous with the worship of Dionysus.
3. How does the servant who brings Dionysus in to Pentheus refer to Dionysus?
(a) As a king.
(b) As a slave.
(c) As prey.
(d) As a man.
4. What is the point the Chorus makes in their second ode?
(a) Honoring Pentheus.
(b) Mocking Pentheus.
(c) Praising Pentheus.
(d) Denouncing Pentheus.
5. When the Chorus says that there are a "myriad of hopes for all the myriad minds," what does myriad mean?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus says that although divine power is slow, it will punish who?
2. What does Tiresius suffer from?
3. According to the Chorus, who is Dirce's father?
4. According to the Chorus, where did Pentheus put his prisoner?
5. According to the soldier when he brings Dionysus, what happened to the women in their prison?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)