|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dionysus was born, he was crowned with a coronal of what?
2. Why does Pentheus want the women to spin at the loom?
(a) To make things for him.
(b) To honor other gods and goddesses.
(c) To quiet their drumming.
(d) To do something with their lives.
3. What is the Axius?
(a) A stream.
(b) A sea.
(c) An ocean.
(d) A river.
4. What are Tiresius and Cadmus wearing?
(a) Fawn skins.
(b) Cow skins.
(c) Deer skins.
(d) Sheep skins.
5. What would a follower of Dionysus "brandish" while wearing a crown of ivy?
(a) A thyrsus.
(b) A spear.
(c) A sword.
(d) A frustus.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dionysus says, multiple times, that the god is before Pentheus, what is Pentheus' reaction?
2. What is the Parodos?
3. The Chorus extols the virtues of the simple man who lives within what?
4. What do the worshipers of Dionysus dress in?
5. The Chorus compares "tossing my neck to heaven's dewey breath" to what animal?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)