|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pentheus orders the capture of Dionysus and who?
(a) All his followers.
(b) The people giving money to the cult.
(c) The leader of the cult.
(d) The women.
2. The power of the gods, according to the Chorus, corrects the mortal what?
3. How does the servant who brings Dionysus in to Pentheus refer to Dionysus?
(a) As a king.
(b) As prey.
(c) As a man.
(d) As a slave.
4. According to the Chorus, when is it right to override the laws of custom?
(a) When it is in the interests of the people.
(b) When it is in the interests of the gods.
(c) On occasion.
5. What word describes both Tiresius and Cadmus?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Chorus's first lines, they believe that a happy man is one who leads what kind of life?
2. The Chorus says that true wisdom, as granted by the heavens to the mortals, is to gain mastery over what?
3. When Dionysus speaks to Pentheus for the first time, where does he say his home is?
4. Pentheus is ______ by the worshipers of Dionysus.
5. When the Chorus says that there are a "myriad of hopes for all the myriad minds," what does myriad mean?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)