|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Parodos?
(a) A hymn of desire.
(b) A hymn of longing.
(c) A hymn of praise.
(d) A hymn of lament.
2. What story does Pentheus scoff at?
(a) Dionysus's birth.
(b) Dionysus's prophet.
(c) Dionysus's travels.
(d) Dionysus's life.
3. Pentheus is ______ by the worshipers of Dionysus.
4. Why does Pentheus want the women to spin at the loom?
(a) To honor other gods and goddesses.
(b) To do something with their lives.
(c) To quiet their drumming.
(d) To make things for him.
5. According to the Chorus, when is it right to override the laws of custom?
(b) When it is in the interests of the people.
(c) When it is in the interests of the gods.
(d) On occasion.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Chorus says that there are a "myriad of hopes for all the myriad minds," what does myriad mean?
2. Pentheus accuses Tiresius of supporting Dionysus for what reasons?
3. Pentheus says that he will do what to the women he has captured?
4. Who says, "By this name, O Baccic god, I now proclaim thee to Thebes?"
5. In the Chorus's first lines, they believe that a happy man is one who leads what kind of life?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)