|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would a follower of Dionysus "brandish" while wearing a crown of ivy?
(a) A spear.
(b) A frustus.
(c) A sword.
(d) A thyrsus.
2. What is the Parodos?
(a) A hymn of desire.
(b) A hymn of lament.
(c) A hymn of praise.
(d) A hymn of longing.
3. Where has the cult that is in Thebes come from?
4. How does the servant who brings Dionysus in to Pentheus refer to Dionysus?
(a) As prey.
(b) As a king.
(c) As a man.
(d) As a slave.
5. Cadmus doesn't say whether or not he believes Dionysus is a god, but tells Pentheus that it would be wise of Pentheus to treat Dionysus as what?
(a) An honored guest.
(b) A family member.
(c) A king.
(d) A god.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tiresius respond to Pentheus's order to destroy his property?
2. What story is told in the Chorus's first appearance?
3. Who is Pentheus's father?
4. What kind of meat do the worshipers of Dionysus eat?
5. Why is the soldier ashamed to bring Dionysus to Pentheus?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)