|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story is told in the Chorus's first appearance?
(a) Dionysus's revenge.
(b) Dionysus's death.
(c) Dionysus's birth.
(d) Dionysus's history.
2. The Chorus says that although divine power is slow, it will punish who?
(a) The misguided.
(b) All people.
(c) The false gods.
(d) The arrogant.
3. Who says, "By this name, O Baccic god, I now proclaim thee to Thebes?"
(a) The Chorus.
4. Who is the Chorus referring to when they say "earth-born?"
5. What is the Chorus praying for in the second ode?
(a) The intervention of Dionysus.
(b) The intervention of Zeus.
(c) The release of the women.
(d) The release of their cult leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Axius?
2. Pentheus orders the capture of Dionysus and who?
3. Why does Pentheus want the women to spin at the loom?
4. The Chorus suggests that worship is the only ________ ________ to the gods.
5. When Dionysus was born, he was crowned with a coronal of what?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)