Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wildness and _________ are synonymous with the worship of Dionysus.
2. According to the Chorus, where did Pentheus put his prisoner?
(a) A stinky stable.
(b) A tower too high to climb.
(c) A hole in the earth.
(d) A gloomy dungeon.
3. Why does Pentheus become enraged when questioning his prisoner?
(a) He doesn't like the prisoner's answers.
(b) He doesn't understand the prisoner.
(c) The prisoner doesn't answer him.
(d) The prisoner only speaks in riddles.
4. Tiresius tells Pentheus that the story of Dionysus is a what?
5. The Chorus suggests that worship is the only ________ ________ to the gods.
(a) Honorable response.
(b) Safe response.
(c) Reasonable response.
(d) Appropriate response.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus wants Thebes to "burst forth" with boughs of what?
2. Because of what happened to the women, the soldier thinks that Dionysus causes what?
3. Who is Pentheus's father?
4. Pentheus is disturbed by the conversation with Cadmus and Tiresius and orders the destruction of Tiresius's what?
5. The Chorus, in the Parodos, describes the joy of worship with what?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)