|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who cures the grief of the ________ and the ________.
(a) Adult, child.
(b) Slave, master.
(c) Woman, man.
(d) Rich, poor.
2. The Chorus says, "I envy not deep _______."
3. What did Pentheus tie up instead of binding Dionysus's hands and feet?
(a) A deer.
(b) A sheep.
(c) A bull.
(d) A horse.
4. The Chorus says that Cyprus is the isle of what goddess?
5. What instrument does the Chorus say Dionysus can "wake?"
(a) The harp.
(b) The piano.
(c) The flute.
(d) The banjo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form does the Chorus plead for Dionysus to show up in front of them as?
2. Why did Pentheus "fall fainting?"
3. According to the Chorus, who dwells on Cyprus?
4. The Chorus says that "true wisdom is keeping the heart and soul aloof" from what?
5. The first messenger reports that when they tried to bring Pentheus's mother back from the group of women, the women went mad and destroyed what?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)