|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Pentheus "fall fainting?"
(a) He was overwhelmed.
(b) He was exhausted.
(c) He was poisoned.
(d) He was made to do so by the gods.
2. After Cadmus and Tiresius talk to Pentheus, what does the Chorus call Pentheus?
(a) A dead man.
(b) A fool.
(c) A miser.
(d) A blasphemer.
3. According to the Chorus, who dwells on Cyprus?
(a) The lust gods.
(b) The tempting gods.
(c) The alluring gods.
(d) The love gods.
4. What form does the Chorus plead for Dionysus to show up in front of them as?
(a) A lion breating flame.
(b) A horse ready for battle.
(c) A bear growling in anger.
(d) A dragon with teeth snapping.
5. The Chorus says, "I envy not deep _______."
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus says that Dionysus is the "nurse divine of _______."
2. Where does the first messenger say he comes from?
3. If you aim too high, and miss the pleasures within your reach, the Chorus would consider you a what?
4. The Chorus says that "true wisdom is keeping the heart and soul aloof" from what?
5. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who cures the grief of the ________ and the ________.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)