|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hellas?
(a) A temple in Delphi.
(b) The after-life.
(c) A mountain.
2. According to the Chorus, what is hateful to Dionysus?
(a) Not living the life of bliss.
(b) Not caring about the feasts.
(c) Not believing in divinity.
(d) Not treating guests as family.
3. The Chorus says, "I envy not deep _______."
4. If you aim too high, and miss the pleasures within your reach, the Chorus would consider you a what?
(a) Madman and rich.
(b) Madman and fool.
(c) Madman and idiot.
(d) Madman and philospher.
5. The Chorus says that Dionysus makes his followers laugh away what?
(a) Differences between them.
(b) Small things.
(c) Dull care.
(d) Life's troubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Cadmus and Tiresius talk to Pentheus, what does the Chorus call Pentheus?
2. Where does the first messenger say he comes from?
3. How does the Chorus think that a mortal man should "live out his day and night?"
4. The Chorus says that Cyprus is the isle of what goddess?
5. This Chorus's point of view is that Dionysus is what?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)