|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Chorus, who dwells on Cyprus?
(a) The love gods.
(b) The lust gods.
(c) The alluring gods.
(d) The tempting gods.
2. Why does the first messenger not want to tell Pentheus the truth of what he saw?
(a) He didn't see anything.
(b) He doesn't know the truth.
(c) He fears Pentheus's rage.
(d) He fears Pentheus's delight.
3. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who brings what?
4. The Chorus says that sophistry is not what?
5. When the first messenger describes how the women slept, what word does he use?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of monster does the Chorus think Agave might say Pentheus is birthed from?
2. In the first line of the fourth ode, how does the Chorus refer to the women?
3. How does the Chorus think that a mortal man should "live out his day and night?"
4. According to the Chorus, who will be the first person to "mark" Pentheus?
5. The Chorus says that Dionysus is the "nurse divine of _______."
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)