|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Chorus, what is hateful to Dionysus?
(a) Not caring about the feasts.
(b) Not living the life of bliss.
(c) Not believing in divinity.
(d) Not treating guests as family.
2. What does Dionysus ask the Chorus to "abandon" Pentheus's halls to?
(a) The hills.
(b) The animals.
(c) The flames.
(d) The unbelievers.
3. Who is supposed to be inspired by the Chorus's fourth ode?
(b) The nymphs.
(d) The Bacchants.
4. After Cadmus and Tiresius talk to Pentheus, what does the Chorus call Pentheus?
(a) A dead man.
(b) A blasphemer.
(c) A miser.
(d) A fool.
5. What instrument does the Chorus say Dionysus can "wake?"
(a) The banjo.
(b) The harp.
(c) The flute.
(d) The piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form does the Chorus plead for Dionysus to show up in front of them as?
2. The Chorus says that sophistry is not what?
3. In the first line of the fourth ode, how does the Chorus refer to the women?
4. According to the Chorus, who will be the first person to "mark" Pentheus?
5. What is Hellas?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)