|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first messenger reports that when they tried to bring Pentheus's mother back from the group of women, the women went mad and destroyed what?
(a) A herd of sheep.
(b) A flock of birds.
(c) A herd of cattle.
(d) A town of men.
2. If you aim too high, and miss the pleasures within your reach, the Chorus would consider you a what?
(a) Madman and fool.
(b) Madman and idiot.
(c) Madman and philospher.
(d) Madman and rich.
3. What form does the Chorus plead for Dionysus to show up in front of them as?
(a) A lion breating flame.
(b) A bear growling in anger.
(c) A dragon with teeth snapping.
(d) A horse ready for battle.
4. According to the Chorus, the end of all unbridled speech would bring what?
5. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who cures the grief of the ________ and the ________.
(a) Rich, poor.
(b) Woman, man.
(c) Slave, master.
(d) Adult, child.
Short Answer Questions
1. On which mountain do the Pierian Muses have their "haunt most fair?"
2. The Chorus says that Cyprus is the isle of what goddess?
3. According to the Chorus, what is hateful to Dionysus?
4. What does the Chorus predict that Agave will say Pentheus was born from?
5. In the first line of the fourth ode, how does the Chorus refer to the women?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)