|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus asks Dionysus to lead them places and act as their what?
(a) Divine guide.
(b) Celestial guide.
(c) Godly guide.
(d) Kingly guide.
2. According to the Chorus, the end of all unbridled speech would bring what?
3. On which mountain do the Pierian Muses have their "haunt most fair?"
(a) Mt. Oppilos.
(b) Mt. Othella.
(c) Mt. Olympus.
(d) Mt. Olives.
4. The Chorus extolls the virtue of simple what?
5. According to the Chorus, what is hateful to Dionysus?
(a) Not believing in divinity.
(b) Not caring about the feasts.
(c) Not treating guests as family.
(d) Not living the life of bliss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women tie around their waists, according to the first messenger?
2. Which foreign river is never fed by rain, according to the Chorus?
3. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus starts their fourth ode?
4. Why did Pentheus "fall fainting?"
5. What form does the Chorus plead for Dionysus to show up in front of them as?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)