|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does the Chorus say Dionysus can "wake?"
(a) The harp.
(b) The flute.
(c) The piano.
(d) The banjo.
2. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who cures the grief of the ________ and the ________.
(a) Woman, man.
(b) Slave, master.
(c) Adult, child.
(d) Rich, poor.
3. Where does the first messenger say he comes from?
4. According to the Chorus, the end of all unbridled speech would bring what?
5. What does the Chorus predict that Agave will say Pentheus was born from?
(a) A mare.
(b) A tigress.
(c) A she-cow.
(d) A lioness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form does the Chorus plead for Dionysus to show up in front of them as?
2. On which mountain do the Pierian Muses have their "haunt most fair?"
3. The Chorus says that sophistry is not what?
4. The Chorus extolls the virtue of simple what?
5. The Chorus says that Dionysus is the "nurse divine of _______."
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)