|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the first messenger describes how the women slept, what word does he use?
2. According to the Chorus, who dwells on Cyprus?
(a) The tempting gods.
(b) The alluring gods.
(c) The love gods.
(d) The lust gods.
3. Who is the "king" for the Chorus?
4. In the first line of the fourth ode, how does the Chorus refer to the women?
(a) The wild women.
(b) The daughters of Cadmus.
(c) The happy souls of wine.
(d) The daughters of Dionysus.
5. If you aim too high, and miss the pleasures within your reach, the Chorus would consider you a what?
(a) Madman and rich.
(b) Madman and idiot.
(c) Madman and philospher.
(d) Madman and fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of monster does the Chorus think Agave might say Pentheus is birthed from?
2. What did Pentheus tie up instead of binding Dionysus's hands and feet?
3. According to the Chorus, the end of all unbridled speech would bring what?
4. The Chorus extolls the virtue of simple what?
5. What kind of herd was the first messenger driving when he came upon the women?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)