|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who cures the grief of the ________ and the ________.
(a) Woman, man.
(b) Slave, master.
(c) Rich, poor.
(d) Adult, child.
2. Why did Pentheus "fall fainting?"
(a) He was made to do so by the gods.
(b) He was poisoned.
(c) He was exhausted.
(d) He was overwhelmed.
3. Where does the first messenger say he comes from?
4. What emotion is the Chorus trying to inspire in their fourth ode?
5. On which mountain do the Pierian Muses have their "haunt most fair?"
(a) Mt. Othella.
(b) Mt. Olives.
(c) Mt. Oppilos.
(d) Mt. Olympus.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus says that Dionysus is the "nurse divine of _______."
2. The Chorus asks Dionysus to lead them places and act as their what?
3. What happened that released Dionysus from prison?
4. The Chorus says that Cyprus is the isle of what goddess?
5. In the first line of the fourth ode, how does the Chorus refer to the women?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)