|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women tie around their waists, according to the first messenger?
2. What is Hellas?
(a) A mountain.
(c) A temple in Delphi.
(d) The after-life.
3. Who is the "king" for the Chorus?
4. How does the Chorus characterize Pentheus's intent to meddle with the rites of Dionysus?
(a) Single intent.
(b) Purposeful intent.
(c) Mad intent.
(d) Frantic intent.
5. What form does the Chorus plead for Dionysus to show up in front of them as?
(a) A bear growling in anger.
(b) A horse ready for battle.
(c) A lion breating flame.
(d) A dragon with teeth snapping.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus says that Cyprus is the isle of what goddess?
2. What did Pentheus tie up instead of binding Dionysus's hands and feet?
3. What kind of heart does the Chorus think Pentheus has in his quest against the women?
4. The first messenger reports that when they tried to bring Pentheus's mother back from the group of women, the women went mad and destroyed what?
5. The Chorus extolls the virtue of simple what?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)