|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Chorus, who will be the first person to "mark" Pentheus?
(a) HIs aunt.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His daughter.
2. What happened that released Dionysus from prison?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A flood.
(c) A jail-break.
(d) A fire.
3. Who is the "king" for the Chorus?
4. What kind of heart does the Chorus think Pentheus has in his quest against the women?
(a) A hardened heart.
(b) A wicked heart.
(c) A heart of stone.
(d) A sourrowful heart.
5. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus starts their fourth ode?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Chorus, the end of all unbridled speech would bring what?
2. When the first messenger describes how the women slept, what word does he use?
3. What instrument does the Chorus say Dionysus can "wake?"
4. The first messenger reports that when they tried to bring Pentheus's mother back from the group of women, the women went mad and destroyed what?
5. The Chorus says that Dionysus is the "nurse divine of _______."
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)