|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus says that sophistry is not what?
2. When the first messenger describes how the women slept, what word does he use?
3. What does the Chorus predict that Agave will say Pentheus was born from?
(a) A lioness.
(b) A mare.
(c) A tigress.
(d) A she-cow.
4. How does the Chorus think that a mortal man should "live out his day and night?"
(a) In happiness and lust.
(b) In purity and holiness.
(c) In prayer and song.
(d) In sadness and sorrow.
5. What form does the Chorus plead for Dionysus to show up in front of them as?
(a) A horse ready for battle.
(b) A lion breating flame.
(c) A bear growling in anger.
(d) A dragon with teeth snapping.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Chorus, who will be the first person to "mark" Pentheus?
2. What do the women tie around their waists, according to the first messenger?
3. What kind of herd was the first messenger driving when he came upon the women?
4. What kind of monster does the Chorus think Agave might say Pentheus is birthed from?
5. According to the Chorus, who dwells on Cyprus?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)