|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who brings what?
2. According to the Chorus, who dwells on Cyprus?
(a) The lust gods.
(b) The tempting gods.
(c) The alluring gods.
(d) The love gods.
3. The Chorus says that Dionysus makes his followers laugh away what?
(a) Differences between them.
(b) Small things.
(c) Life's troubles.
(d) Dull care.
4. Who is supposed to be inspired by the Chorus's fourth ode?
(a) The Bacchants.
(c) The nymphs.
5. This Chorus's point of view is that Dionysus is what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What form does the Chorus plead for Dionysus to show up in front of them as?
2. What instrument does the Chorus say Dionysus can "wake?"
3. After Cadmus and Tiresius talk to Pentheus, what does the Chorus call Pentheus?
4. The Chorus says that sophistry is not what?
5. On which mountain do the Pierian Muses have their "haunt most fair?"
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)