|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pentheus tie up instead of binding Dionysus's hands and feet?
(a) A bull.
(b) A horse.
(c) A deer.
(d) A sheep.
2. The Chorus says that Dionysus makes his followers laugh away what?
(a) Life's troubles.
(b) Dull care.
(c) Differences between them.
(d) Small things.
3. Who is supposed to be inspired by the Chorus's fourth ode?
(a) The nymphs.
(c) The Bacchants.
4. Why does the first messenger not want to tell Pentheus the truth of what he saw?
(a) He fears Pentheus's rage.
(b) He fears Pentheus's delight.
(c) He didn't see anything.
(d) He doesn't know the truth.
5. How does the Chorus characterize Pentheus's intent to meddle with the rites of Dionysus?
(a) Single intent.
(b) Mad intent.
(c) Purposeful intent.
(d) Frantic intent.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus says that sophistry is not what?
2. Which foreign river is never fed by rain, according to the Chorus?
3. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who brings what?
4. What kind of heart does the Chorus think Pentheus has in his quest against the women?
5. According to the Chorus, who will be the first person to "mark" Pentheus?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)