|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This Chorus's point of view is that Dionysus is what?
2. When the first messenger describes how the women slept, what word does he use?
3. The Chorus extolls the virtue of simple what?
4. In the first line of the fourth ode, how does the Chorus refer to the women?
(a) The wild women.
(b) The daughters of Cadmus.
(c) The daughters of Dionysus.
(d) The happy souls of wine.
5. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who brings what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The first messenger reports that when they tried to bring Pentheus's mother back from the group of women, the women went mad and destroyed what?
2. What form does the Chorus plead for Dionysus to show up in front of them as?
3. According to the Chorus, what is hateful to Dionysus?
4. According to the Chorus, who will be the first person to "mark" Pentheus?
5. What is Hellas?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)