|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion is the Chorus trying to inspire in their fourth ode?
2. The Chorus says, "I envy not deep _______."
3. What kind of monster does the Chorus think Agave might say Pentheus is birthed from?
(a) Egyptian Spyhnx.
(b) Roman Centurion.
(c) Libyan Gorgon.
(d) Greecian Atlas.
4. The first messenger reports that when they tried to bring Pentheus's mother back from the group of women, the women went mad and destroyed what?
(a) A flock of birds.
(b) A herd of sheep.
(c) A town of men.
(d) A herd of cattle.
5. What did Pentheus tie up instead of binding Dionysus's hands and feet?
(a) A bull.
(b) A sheep.
(c) A deer.
(d) A horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the first messenger say he comes from?
2. If you aim too high, and miss the pleasures within your reach, the Chorus would consider you a what?
3. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who brings what?
4. According to the Chorus, the end of all unbridled speech would bring what?
5. What do the women tie around their waists, according to the first messenger?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)