|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the first messenger say he comes from?
2. Which foreign river is never fed by rain, according to the Chorus?
3. In the first line of the fourth ode, how does the Chorus refer to the women?
(a) The daughters of Dionysus.
(b) The happy souls of wine.
(c) The daughters of Cadmus.
(d) The wild women.
4. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who cures the grief of the ________ and the ________.
(a) Rich, poor.
(b) Adult, child.
(c) Woman, man.
(d) Slave, master.
5. If you aim too high, and miss the pleasures within your reach, the Chorus would consider you a what?
(a) Madman and idiot.
(b) Madman and fool.
(c) Madman and philospher.
(d) Madman and rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Chorus predict that Agave will say Pentheus was born from?
2. According to the Chorus, the end of all unbridled speech would bring what?
3. The Chorus says that Dionysus is the "nurse divine of _______."
4. When the first messenger describes how the women slept, what word does he use?
5. According to the Chorus, who will be the first person to "mark" Pentheus?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)