|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus says, "I envy not deep _______."
2. What instrument does the Chorus say Dionysus can "wake?"
(a) The harp.
(b) The piano.
(c) The banjo.
(d) The flute.
3. What happened that released Dionysus from prison?
(a) A flood.
(b) A jail-break.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A fire.
4. The Chorus asks Dionysus to lead them places and act as their what?
(a) Celestial guide.
(b) Kingly guide.
(c) Godly guide.
(d) Divine guide.
5. What kind of heart does the Chorus think Pentheus has in his quest against the women?
(a) A wicked heart.
(b) A hardened heart.
(c) A sourrowful heart.
(d) A heart of stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first line of the fourth ode, how does the Chorus refer to the women?
2. The first messenger reports that when they tried to bring Pentheus's mother back from the group of women, the women went mad and destroyed what?
3. What kind of monster does the Chorus think Agave might say Pentheus is birthed from?
4. How does the Chorus characterize Pentheus's intent to meddle with the rites of Dionysus?
5. Who is the "king" for the Chorus?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)