|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus asks Dionysus to lead them places and act as their what?
(a) Celestial guide.
(b) Godly guide.
(c) Divine guide.
(d) Kingly guide.
2. What kind of heart does the Chorus think Pentheus has in his quest against the women?
(a) A heart of stone.
(b) A wicked heart.
(c) A sourrowful heart.
(d) A hardened heart.
3. The Chorus says, "I envy not deep _______."
4. What emotion is the Chorus trying to inspire in their fourth ode?
5. According to the Chorus, who will be the first person to "mark" Pentheus?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) HIs aunt.
(d) His daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is supposed to be inspired by the Chorus's fourth ode?
2. The Chorus says that "true wisdom is keeping the heart and soul aloof" from what?
3. How does the Chorus think that a mortal man should "live out his day and night?"
4. The Chorus says that Dionysus makes his followers laugh away what?
5. The first messenger reports that when they tried to bring Pentheus's mother back from the group of women, the women went mad and destroyed what?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)