|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the first messenger describes how the women slept, what word does he use?
2. What did Pentheus tie up instead of binding Dionysus's hands and feet?
(a) A deer.
(b) A horse.
(c) A sheep.
(d) A bull.
3. According to the Chorus, the end of all unbridled speech would bring what?
4. What does the Chorus predict that Agave will say Pentheus was born from?
(a) A lioness.
(b) A she-cow.
(c) A mare.
(d) A tigress.
5. Where does the first messenger say he comes from?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Cadmus and Tiresius talk to Pentheus, what does the Chorus call Pentheus?
2. Which foreign river is never fed by rain, according to the Chorus?
3. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus starts their fourth ode?
4. What instrument does the Chorus say Dionysus can "wake?"
5. What happened that released Dionysus from prison?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)