|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which mountain do the Pierian Muses have their "haunt most fair?"
(a) Mt. Oppilos.
(b) Mt. Othella.
(c) Mt. Olympus.
(d) Mt. Olives.
2. What does Dionysus ask the Chorus to "abandon" Pentheus's halls to?
(a) The flames.
(b) The animals.
(c) The unbelievers.
(d) The hills.
3. The Chorus extolls the virtue of simple what?
4. What do the women tie around their waists, according to the first messenger?
5. What emotion is the Chorus trying to inspire in their fourth ode?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of herd was the first messenger driving when he came upon the women?
2. What does the Chorus predict that Agave will say Pentheus was born from?
3. According to the Chorus, who will be the first person to "mark" Pentheus?
4. The Chorus says that Cyprus is the isle of what goddess?
5. What kind of heart does the Chorus think Pentheus has in his quest against the women?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)