|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of herd was the first messenger driving when he came upon the women?
2. This Chorus's point of view is that Dionysus is what?
3. If you aim too high, and miss the pleasures within your reach, the Chorus would consider you a what?
(a) Madman and rich.
(b) Madman and fool.
(c) Madman and idiot.
(d) Madman and philospher.
4. What does Dionysus ask the Chorus to "abandon" Pentheus's halls to?
(a) The hills.
(b) The unbelievers.
(c) The animals.
(d) The flames.
5. Which foreign river is never fed by rain, according to the Chorus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is supposed to be inspired by the Chorus's fourth ode?
2. According to the Chorus, the end of all unbridled speech would bring what?
3. What instrument does the Chorus say Dionysus can "wake?"
4. What did Pentheus tie up instead of binding Dionysus's hands and feet?
5. What kind of heart does the Chorus think Pentheus has in his quest against the women?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)