|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus says that sophistry is not what?
2. What do the women tie around their waists, according to the first messenger?
3. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus starts their fourth ode?
4. The Chorus asks Dionysus to lead them places and act as their what?
(a) Celestial guide.
(b) Godly guide.
(c) Kingly guide.
(d) Divine guide.
5. What is Hellas?
(a) A mountain.
(b) A temple in Delphi.
(c) The after-life.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the first messenger describes how the women slept, what word does he use?
2. After Cadmus and Tiresius talk to Pentheus, what does the Chorus call Pentheus?
3. What emotion is the Chorus trying to inspire in their fourth ode?
4. According to the Chorus, who dwells on Cyprus?
5. According to the Chorus, the end of all unbridled speech would bring what?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)