|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of heart does the Chorus think Pentheus has in his quest against the women?
(a) A hardened heart.
(b) A wicked heart.
(c) A sourrowful heart.
(d) A heart of stone.
2. The Chorus says that "true wisdom is keeping the heart and soul aloof" from what?
(a) Over-educated men.
(b) Heavy thinkers.
(c) Over-thinking philosophers.
(d) Over-subtle wits.
3. When the first messenger describes how the women slept, what word does he use?
4. Which foreign river is never fed by rain, according to the Chorus?
5. In the first line of the fourth ode, how does the Chorus refer to the women?
(a) The daughters of Cadmus.
(b) The wild women.
(c) The daughters of Dionysus.
(d) The happy souls of wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is supposed to be inspired by the Chorus's fourth ode?
2. The Chorus praises Dionysus as a god who cures the grief of the ________ and the ________.
3. How does the Chorus characterize Pentheus's intent to meddle with the rites of Dionysus?
4. Who leaves the stage right before the Chorus starts their fourth ode?
5. According to the Chorus, who will be the first person to "mark" Pentheus?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)