One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Choral Ode.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which foreign river is never fed by rain, according to the Chorus?
2. Who is supposed to be inspired by the Chorus's fourth ode?
(c) The Bacchants.
(d) The nymphs.
3. The Chorus says, "I envy not deep _______."
4. The Chorus asks Dionysus to lead them places and act as their what?
(a) Celestial guide.
(b) Kingly guide.
(c) Divine guide.
(d) Godly guide.
5. According to the Chorus, who dwells on Cyprus?
(a) The love gods.
(b) The lust gods.
(c) The alluring gods.
(d) The tempting gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does the Chorus say Dionysus can "wake?"
2. Why did Pentheus "fall fainting?"
3. When the first messenger describes how the women slept, what word does he use?
4. What does Dionysus ask the Chorus to "abandon" Pentheus's halls to?
5. The Chorus says that sophistry is not what?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)