|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical aspect of the Raramuri fascinates Mixtli?
2. How does Cozcatl die?
3. What happens to Beu Ribe that causes Mixtli to start to plan revenge?
4. What deity comes to Mixtli in a vision?
5. How does Mixtli gauge if the tribes he meets are kin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who decides to make up a story about how the civilians (that Mixtli killed) were massacred by unknown assailants?
2. What does Motecuzoma do instead of making peace and preparing for the Outlander invasion?
3. Who is Canautli?
4. What unique physical feature does the "unattached woman" in one of the Otomi towns have that Mixtl finds so attractive?
5. What does Mixtli tell Motecuzoma about the huge ships, or houses, that have been spotted in the Eastern Sea?
6. What is the only thing that provides a cheerful diversion for Mixtli during the time he spends building a new colony?
7. How do Motecuzoma and Nezahualpili agree to settle their bet over with whom to go to war?
8. What kind of boat does Mixtli use to follow the lava flow out to sea?
9. What kinds of weapons does Cortes place on the roof of Motecuzoma's palace?
10. What do Siriame and Mixtli do after they take jipuri cacti?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a well-crafted essay that discusses 1) the function of the Bishop, 2) what the reader is supposed to think of the Bishop, and 3) at least three literary devices that Jennings uses to convey what the Bishop thinks of Mixtli's life story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss female sexuality in Aztec by completing a character analysis of at least two female characters of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least 4 literary techniques that Jennings uses to introduce Cortes as a complicated, historical character in the novel.
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)