|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gives Mixtli the advantage in his duel?
(a) He uses sorcery.
(b) He has a gun he got from the conquerors.
(c) His far-seeing looking glass.
(d) He gets there early.
2. What kind of town is "Where the Water Gushes"?
3. Whom does Mixtli leave his daughter with when he goes on another journey after the flood?
(a) Cozcatl and Ticklish.
(b) Ahuitzotl's servants.
4. Who is Cocoton?
(a) Mixtli's sexual servant.
(b) Zyanya's sexual servant.
(c) Mixtli's baby daughter.
(d) Ahuitzotl's wife.
5. What physical aspect of the Raramuri fascinates Mixtli?
(a) Their long eyelashes.
(b) Their long eyebrows.
(c) Their pubic hair.
(d) The fact that women shave their heads.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Mixtli get in a duel?
2. Who crashes Mixtli's wedding?
3. What does Cuitahuatzin plan to use as cover for his rebellion?
4. What happens to Beu Ribe that causes Mixtli to start to plan revenge?
5. What does Teotihuacan mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What unique physical feature does the "unattached woman" in one of the Otomi towns have that Mixtl finds so attractive?
2. What is the effect of taking jipuri cacti?
3. What reason does the Bishop give in his letter to the emperor for continuing to allow the Indians to be enslaved?
4. What do Siriame and Mixtli do after they take jipuri cacti?
5. Why is Mixtli deployed to kill Malintzin?
6. How does Motecuzoma handle the attack of the tribute collector?
7. What does Malintzin's ambitious behavior demonstrate right away to Mixtli?
8. Why is Beu Ribe initially angry at Zyanya and Mixtli's engagement?
9. Who does Mixtli suspect rapes Beu Ribe?
10. What two factors in particular convince Mixtli that the Spaniards are not gods?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)