|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mixtli concerned that Ticklish may not be happy in her new marriage?
(a) Because she will be sent away from her friends and family.
(b) Because she is unable to bear children.
(c) Because her future husband is cruel and mean.
(d) Because her future husband has no penis.
2. What do Mixtli and his men dress like as they go in search of the purple dye?
(b) Mexica warriors.
3. What request does Ticklish make of Mixtli when he returns from the Raramuri?
(a) To help build a new house for her.
(b) To kill her.
(c) To marry her.
(d) To get her pregnant.
4. Who crashes Mixtli's wedding?
(a) Master Tuxtem.
(b) Blood Glutton.
5. Who is made the regent while Ahuitzotl is in his stupor?
(a) His wife.
(b) His nephew.
(c) His son.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening to Mixtli's wife's health as the Spanish continue to invade?
2. Who runs the school that teaches slaves good manners?
3. How does Zyanya die?
4. What kind of sense does Mixtli get from talking to the shipwrecked Spaniards?
5. Why does Motecuzoma become ruler?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of weapons does Cortes place on the roof of Motecuzoma's palace?
2. According to legend, who induces the people from Aztlan to seek power by worshiping the war god and feeding him with human sacrifices?
3. What makes Mixtli decide to return to his wanderings when he is running with the Raramuri?
4. How do Motecuzoma and Nezahualpili agree to settle their bet over with whom to go to war?
5. What is the effect of taking jipuri cacti?
6. What does Snake Woman realize after she is sent with golden gifts to Cortes in Chololan?
7. Who does Mixtli suspect rapes Beu Ribe?
8. Why does Cortes burn all of his ships but one?
9. What does Mixtli do to show his urgency among the priests who hold the purple dye?
10. What does Malintzin's ambitious behavior demonstrate right away to Mixtli?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)