|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the unexpected riches delivered to Mixtli?
(a) By slaves.
(b) By elephants.
(c) By canoe.
(d) By bird.
2. How does Slave Ten die?
(a) He is attacked by a jaguar.
(b) From the injuries inflicted upon him by Mixtli.
(c) Of a rabbit bite.
(d) No one knows -- he just dies in his sleep.
3. Who wrote Aztec?
(a) J.D. Salinger.
(b) Gary Jennings.
(c) Wiliam Shakespeare.
(d) Manuel Rendon.
4. Who is Pactli?
(a) Mixtli's son.
(b) Mixtli's brother.
(c) Red Heron's son.
(d) Red Heron's brother.
5. After the battle, what is Mixtli asked to do by Reverend Speaker?
(a) Both of these answers are correct.
(b) Make an in-depth report.
(c) Neither of these answers is correct.
(d) Produce maps.
6. Who built Teotihuacan?
(a) The Mexica.
(b) No one really knows.
(c) The Tolteca.
(d) The Spanish.
7. How does Ahuitzotl plan to celebrate Mixtli's return with the crystal?
(a) By praying to the gods in silence.
(b) By having a large party.
(c) By throwing him in a dungeon.
(d) By fasting out of gratitude.
8. How does Chimali hide his hair as a child?
(a) In a hollowed-out pumpkin.
(b) He rubs mud in it to hide the color.
(c) Beneath a ski cap.
(d) He tucks it under his shirt, in the back.
9. As children, what do Chimali and Mixtli pretend they are and will be as adults?
(a) Great warriors.
(c) Peace makers.
10. Why does Mixtli draw a picture of Pactli for Lady Jadestone Doll?
(a) So she will banish him.
(b) So she will pick him to have sex with.
(c) So she will distract him from his sister.
(d) So she will have him killed.
11. What does Gie Bele's name translate to mean?
(a) Flame Flower.
(b) Water Spirit.
(c) Soft Leaf.
(d) Gentle Wind.
12. What is Lady Jadestone Doll's punishment for her affairs?
(a) Her first-born son will be killed.
13. What will happen if Pactli marries Tzitzilini?
(a) All of her former boyfriends will be killed.
(b) She will have to leave her hometown.
(c) She must bear a son within one year.
(d) The family will become nobles.
14. Where does Tepetzalan work?
(a) In a rock quarry.
(b) On the subway.
(c) He is the king, so he doesn't really work anywhere specific.
(d) He is unemployed.
15. What is a holy number in Mixtli's society?
(d) Anything ending in 2.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gie Bele?
2. What is Mixtli's father given in exchange for his silence about what happens to Tzitzi?
3. What does Mixtli learn about the Mexican people in his first history class?
4. Who comes up to see Lady Jadestone Doll when Pactli is expected?
5. Why is Mixtli invited to the court of Texcoco?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)