|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is grabbed as a hostage during Mixtli's quest for the purple dye?
(a) Gie Bele.
(b) Beu Ribe.
2. What is Lady Jadestone Doll's punishment for her affairs?
(b) Her first-born son will be killed.
3. Who is Gie Bele?
(a) The slave who dies after being attacked by a jaguar.
(b) The goddess of safe travels.
(c) A woman who lost her inn as collateral.
(d) Mixtli's long-lost sister.
4. What happens to Mixtli's vision after his naming ceremony?
(a) He becomes completely blind.
(b) He starts seeing ghosts.
(c) It begins to deteriorate.
(d) It suddenly becomes much sharper.
5. Who is Blood Gutton?
(a) Mixtli's father.
(b) Mixtli's teacher.
(c) Mixtli's boss at the quarry.
(d) Mixtli's uncle.
6. Where is Mixtli taken on his naming day?
(a) Mexico City.
7. What service must Mixtli do once he arrives at the court of Texcoco?
(a) Pay for his crimes with his life.
(b) Manage other slaves.
(c) Scrub the entire castle so he knows it by heart.
(d) Assist the ruler there.
8. What is Emperor Carlos the ruler of?
(b) None of these answers are correct.
(c) The Holy Roman Empire and Spain.
(d) The Holy Roman Empire.
9. As children, what do Chimali and Mixtli pretend they are and will be as adults?
(b) Peace makers.
(c) Great warriors.
10. Why does Mixtli draw a picture of Pactli for Lady Jadestone Doll?
(a) So she will have him killed.
(b) So she will banish him.
(c) So she will pick him to have sex with.
(d) So she will distract him from his sister.
11. What is Tepetzalan also known as?
(a) Head Nodder.
(b) Blood Warrior.
(c) Great Leader.
(d) Silent Walker.
12. What happens to Mixtli on his way to Gie Bele's house the second time?
(a) He loses one foot to a crocodile.
(b) He loses a bet and must become her slave.
(c) He breaks his leg and gets trapped in a cave.
(d) He is attacked and thought killed.
13. What is unique about Chimali's hair?
(a) He has none.
(b) It is wild and unruly.
(c) It is outrageously red and very, very long.
(d) It is grey even though he is a little kid.
14. What does Teotihuacan mean?
(a) The Place Where the Gods Gathered.
(b) City of Danger.
(c) Palace of the Clouds.
(d) Holy City.
15. What does the cacao-colored man advise Mixtli to do after he visits the zoo?
(a) Consider serving as a priest.
(b) Go cleanse himself in the river.
(c) Apologize for his sins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tepetzalan work?
2. Who is Tepetzalan?
3. What is Mixtli's father given in exchange for his silence about what happens to Tzitzi?
4. What does Mixtli see being built on his naming day?
5. Who does Pactli wish to marry?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)