|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mixtli enjoy feeling an earthquake for the first time?
(a) Because he thinks he commanded it to happen.
(b) Because he had dreamed about it the night before.
(c) Because he finds it erotic.
(d) This is a trick question; he doesn't enjoy feeling it at all.
2. What modern day city would Mixtli have been from?
(b) Mexico City.
(c) New York.
3. Who is Red Heron?
(a) The governor of Xaltocan.
(b) The governor of Texcoco.
(c) The president of Mexico.
(d) The governor of Mexico City.
4. What does Mixtli learn about the Mexican people in his first history class?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) That they adopted the civilization of their new neighbors in the Lake region.
(c) That he has incorrect ideas about their history.
(d) That they were nomads.
5. What overwhelms Mixtli about the boat that takes him to Texcoco ?
(a) The riches on it.
(b) How small it is.
(c) He has to row it by himself.
(d) How unsafe it seems.
6. What does Mixtli learn to kill game with during his first journey as a tradesman?
(b) A spear.
(c) A bow and arrow.
(d) A gun.
7. How does Slave Ten die?
(a) He is attacked by a jaguar.
(b) Of a rabbit bite.
(c) No one knows -- he just dies in his sleep.
(d) From the injuries inflicted upon him by Mixtli.
8. Where does Tepetzalan work?
(a) He is unemployed.
(b) In a rock quarry.
(c) He is the king, so he doesn't really work anywhere specific.
(d) On the subway.
9. What happens when the hollow days end?
(a) All the farmers plant their crops.
(b) A new year begins.
(c) There is a night of celebration.
(d) Everyone confesses their sins.
10. Where is Mixtli from?
11. What amazing powers does the crystal have that Mixtli brings back to Ahuitzotl?
(a) It can start fires and act like a magnifying glass.
(b) It glows blue when enemies are near and sometimes makes a hissing sound.
(c) It shows the future and is nearly invisible.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
12. Who is Tzitzilini?
(a) Mixtli's daughter.
(b) Mixtli's sister.
(c) Mixtli's neighbor.
(d) Mixtli's cousin.
13. Who is grabbed as a hostage during Mixtli's quest for the purple dye?
(a) Gie Bele.
(b) Beu Ribe.
14. What is a holy number in Mixtli's society?
(c) Anything ending in 2.
15. What do Chimali and Tiatli specifically want to be when they grow up?
(a) Limestone sculptors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pactli?
2. Where is Mixtli taken on his naming day?
3. Who is Cozcatl?
4. What is distinct about the man who stops Mixtli on his naming day and asks to read his fortune?
5. How are the unexpected riches delivered to Mixtli?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)