|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pactli wear Lady Jadestone Doll's ring?
(a) Because he is going to marry her someday.
(b) Because he stole it from her during their night together.
(c) Because he is the best person in bed she has ever known.
(d) Because he is going to be her next lover.
2. How does Ahuitzotl plan to celebrate Mixtli's return with the crystal?
(a) By throwing him in a dungeon.
(b) By fasting out of gratitude.
(c) By praying to the gods in silence.
(d) By having a large party.
3. What is a holy number in Mixtli's society?
(b) Anything ending in 2.
4. Why is Mixtli invited to the court of Texcoco?
(a) To perform manual labor.
(b) To be educated.
(c) To be the person who sacrifices others.
(d) To explain his relationship with his sister.
5. How does Slave Ten die?
(a) No one knows -- he just dies in his sleep.
(b) Of a rabbit bite.
(c) He is attacked by a jaguar.
(d) From the injuries inflicted upon him by Mixtli.
6. What modern day city would Mixtli have been from?
(c) Mexico City.
(d) New York.
7. Where is the purple dye found?
(a) In the land Ahuitzotl rules over.
(b) In the land of the Zyu.
(c) In Spain.
(d) In Mexico City.
8. What amazing powers does the crystal have that Mixtli brings back to Ahuitzotl?
(a) It can start fires and act like a magnifying glass.
(b) It glows blue when enemies are near and sometimes makes a hissing sound.
(c) It shows the future and is nearly invisible.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
9. How are the unexpected riches delivered to Mixtli?
(a) By elephants.
(b) By slaves.
(c) By bird.
(d) By canoe.
10. What is Mixtli called until he is 7 years old?
(a) Little Man.
(b) Seven Flowers.
(c) Angry Runner.
(d) Six Branches.
11. What is Lady Jadestone Doll's punishment for her affairs?
(a) Her first-born son will be killed.
12. What does Mixtli learn about the Mexican people in his first history class?
(a) That he has incorrect ideas about their history.
(b) That they were nomads.
(c) That they adopted the civilization of their new neighbors in the Lake region.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
13. Who built Teotihuacan?
(a) The Tolteca.
(b) The Spanish.
(c) No one really knows.
(d) The Mexica.
14. What is Tepetzalan also known as?
(a) Head Nodder.
(b) Great Leader.
(c) Blood Warrior.
(d) Silent Walker.
15. What does Gie Bele's name translate to mean?
(a) Gentle Wind.
(b) Flame Flower.
(c) Water Spirit.
(d) Soft Leaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are sacrificed at the end of the hollow days?
2. How many pairs of magnifying glasses does Mixtli order?
3. Where is Mixtli from?
4. What will happen if Pactli marries Tzitzilini?
5. Who is thought to be behind Gie Bele's death?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)