|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Gie Bele?
(a) Mixtli's long-lost sister.
(b) The goddess of safe travels.
(c) A woman who lost her inn as collateral.
(d) The slave who dies after being attacked by a jaguar.
2. Where is Mixtli from?
3. How does Chimali hide his hair as a child?
(a) He tucks it under his shirt, in the back.
(b) He rubs mud in it to hide the color.
(c) In a hollowed-out pumpkin.
(d) Beneath a ski cap.
4. What does Mixtli learn to kill game with during his first journey as a tradesman?
(b) A bow and arrow.
(c) A spear.
(d) A gun.
5. Where does Mixtli return to after his first journey as a tradesman?
(a) His hometown.
6. Who is thought to be behind Gie Bele's death?
(b) Beu Ribe.
7. What is Mixtli called until he is 7 years old?
(a) Angry Runner.
(b) Little Man.
(c) Seven Flowers.
(d) Six Branches.
8. Why does Pactli wear Lady Jadestone Doll's ring?
(a) Because he stole it from her during their night together.
(b) Because he is going to marry her someday.
(c) Because he is the best person in bed she has ever known.
(d) Because he is going to be her next lover.
9. What is an acali?
(a) The name given to the person about to be sacrificed.
(b) A strange bug that seems to have mystical powers.
(c) A spy.
(d) The royal boat that takes Mixtli back to Texcoco.
10. For what subject do Chimali and Tlatli both receive scholarships to study?
11. What is Mixtli's father given in exchange for his silence about what happens to Tzitzi?
(a) His freedom.
(b) A lot of gold.
(c) He is made head of the quarry.
(d) A new house.
12. What language does Gie Bele speak?
13. How are the unexpected riches delivered to Mixtli?
(a) By canoe.
(b) By elephants.
(c) By slaves.
(d) By bird.
14. What does Teotihuacan mean?
(a) The Place Where the Gods Gathered.
(b) Palace of the Clouds.
(c) City of Danger.
(d) Holy City.
15. Why does Mixtli enjoy feeling an earthquake for the first time?
(a) Because he had dreamed about it the night before.
(b) Because he finds it erotic.
(c) This is a trick question; he doesn't enjoy feeling it at all.
(d) Because he thinks he commanded it to happen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mixtli invited to the court of Texcoco?
2. Who are sacrificed at the end of the hollow days?
3. What service must Mixtli do once he arrives at the court of Texcoco?
4. Where is the purple dye found?
5. Where does Mixtli find huge fossil bones?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)