Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Edna cry when she listens to Mademoiselle Reisz play the piano?
2. What does Edna do while her husband is in New York?
3. Why did Robert never reveal his true feelings to Edna before?
4. Why is Doctor Mandelet not bothered by Madame Ratignolle's complaints?
5. Edna's father believes her marriage would be stronger if:
At the end of Chapter 33, Robert and Edna sit in silence. He has called her cruel. Has Edna changed too much for him?
From the beginning the author portrays Leonce Pontellier in a negative light. But is he a truly a bad or evil person? Or is he just being the typical traditional southern man? Does he believe that he is being unfair or mean toward Edna?
Is The Awakening a proper title for this novel? If you could name it something else, what would you name it and why?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)