Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Edna's father's reason for coming to town?
2. Who suddenly appears before Victor and Mariequita?
3. As Edna walks on the beach, what does she realize about Robert?
4. Whose wedding does Edna refuse to attend?
5. Who made the tobacco pouch that Robert carries?
Essay Topic 1
Critics call this novel a classic. Define the term classic Do you agree that The Awakening is a classic? Why or why not? Did you learn anything new from reading it?
Essay Topic 2
At the end of Chapter 33, Robert and Edna sit in silence. He has called her cruel. Has Edna changed too much for him?
Essay Topic 3
When Edna and Dr. Mandelet leave the Ratignolle house (Chapter 38), the doctor says "It seems to me my dear child, you seem to me to be in trouble." Although he does not ask her what is bothering her, he offers to hear her out and help her. He also believes that he knows what is troubling her. Could he have saved her if she had let him?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)