Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Edna's father's reason for coming to town?
2. Who suddenly appears before Victor and Mariequita?
3. As Edna walks on the beach, what does she realize about Robert?
4. Whose wedding does Edna refuse to attend?
5. Who made the tobacco pouch that Robert carries?
As the story progresses, Edna chooses independence over marriage. Did she do the right thing? What, if anything, did she lose? What did she gain?
Describe Alcee Arobin. Knowing his reputation, why does Edna still want to be with him? How is he important in her development into an independent, free-thinking woman?
What do you think of the final moments in Edna's life? Was she a coward for taking her own life? Or, was she brave in making the final decision on how to conclude her life?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)