Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Edna's father's reason for coming to town?
2. Who suddenly appears before Victor and Mariequita?
3. As Edna walks on the beach, what does she realize about Robert?
4. Whose wedding does Edna refuse to attend?
5. Who made the tobacco pouch that Robert carries?
Essay Topic 1
At one point, Edna says that "Her marriage to Leonce Pontellier was purely an accident." Why?
Essay Topic 2
Edna could have insisted that Robert come with her to the Ratignolle's house but did not. If they had gone together, would they have had a chance at a lifetime of happiness, or, were they doomed no matter what?
Essay Topic 3
As the story progresses, Edna chooses independence over marriage. Did she do the right thing? What, if anything, did she lose? What did she gain?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)