|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts Edna's and Robert's meeting?
2. What does Alcee call Edna's new home?
(a) The bird's nest
(b) The ostrich's retreat
(c) The love lair
(d) The pigeon-house
3. What does Victor talk about with Mariequita?
(a) Alcee Arobin
(b) His new job
(c) Mrs. Pontellier's dinner party
(d) Mrs. Highcamp's scarf
4. Who made the tobacco pouch that Robert carries?
(a) A Vera Cruz girl
(c) He made it.
(d) His mother
5. Who suddenly appears before Victor and Mariequita?
(a) Mrs. Highcamp
(b) Madame Lebrun
(c) Alcee Arobin
(d) Mrs. Pontellier
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Pontellier not try to persuade Edna to go to the wedding?
2. As Edna walks on the beach, what does she realize about Robert?
3. Where is Edna at the end of this story?
4. Leonce tells Edna he will return in March after which they will go where?
5. Who does Mr. Pontellier drop in to visit in town one morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Edna feel strong and confident in the pigeon-house?
2. Edna tells Mademoiselle Reisz that she is going to move out of her house and that she is in love with Robert. Are either of these actions wise?
3. Is Leonce at all worried about the breakup of his marriage emotionally? Is he making arrangements to hide his real feelings?
4. Did the author give any warning that this love affair might not end happily?
5. Is the dinner party a grand affair?
6. In addition to her move, what occasion is the group celebrating?
7. Why does Mr. Pontellier talk to Dr. Mandelet about Edna? Why can he not talk to his wife himself?
8. Why does Edna enjoy horse racing so much?
9. Why does Edna need to know so much about Robert's tobacco pouch?
10. Why does Mademoiselle Reisz play the Chopin piece? Is this an instance of foreshadowing?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)