|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Edna feel once her father and husband are gone?
(a) She is lost as to how to occupy herself.
(b) She is miserable.
(c) She is lonely.
(d) She is happy to be alone and feels free.
2. Who does Mrs. Highcamp think her daughter would like?
3. Who interrupts Edna's and Robert's meeting?
4. What does Victor's kiss on Edna's hand feel like?
(a) Cold and icy
(b) A pleasing sting
(d) Like punch in the gut
5. What does Victor talk about with Mariequita?
(a) Mrs. Pontellier's dinner party
(b) Alcee Arobin
(c) His new job
(d) Mrs. Highcamp's scarf
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mademoiselle Reisz say is essential to becoming a true artist?
2. Mr. Pontellier thinks something's wrong with Edna because:
3. Why did Robert never reveal his true feelings to Edna before?
4. What does Edna regret about her kiss with Alcee?
5. Edna tells Robert that he:
Short Essay Questions
1. Did the author give any warning that this love affair might not end happily?
2. Do you think Edna's feelings were Robert were genuine?
3. Why does Mr. Pontellier talk to Dr. Mandelet about Edna? Why can he not talk to his wife himself?
4. Why does the photo of Alcee Arobin upset Robert so much when he goes back to the pigeon-house with her?
5. Why does Mademoiselle Reisz play the Chopin piece? Is this an instance of foreshadowing?
6. Describe how Edna feels once she is truly alone.
7. Once Edna has decided to move, does she want to discuss it with Leonce?
8. After her disappointing evening with Robert, what does Edna initially do?
9. Is the Colonel, Edna's father, right to think that if she and her husband spent more time together in the evenings at home, they would have a stronger marriage?
10. Why does Edna not want to attend her sister's wedding?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)