|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What announcement does Edna make at Mademoiselle Reisz's?
(a) She is moving to Paris to study painting.
(b) She is going to adopt Mariequita.
(c) She is going to start a family with Alcee.
(d) She is moving out of her house on Esplanade Street.
2. What does Edna receive with her husband's letter of disapproval?
(a) Instructions on how to get to this mother's house
(b) Instructions to contact an architect to remodel their house
(c) Instructions to contact a lawyer to start their divorce
3. How do the Pontellier children feel about their house being renovated?
(a) They do not understand.
4. Edna tells Robert that he:
(a) Awoke her last summer from a life-long stupid dream
(b) Needs to stay at the pigeon house and lock the doors
(c) Should not stay with her; it will never work out
(d) Looks much like his brother
5. Who will pay for Edna's expensive dinner party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Arobin urge Edna to go with him?
2. According to Adele, what is Alcee's reputation?
3. How does Mr. Pontellier take the news of his wife's move?
4. Mr. Pontellier thinks something's wrong with Edna because:
5. Who is Edna thinking of when she returns home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Pontellier talk to Dr. Mandelet about Edna? Why can he not talk to his wife himself?
2. In addition to her move, what occasion is the group celebrating?
3. Why does Edna enjoy horse racing so much?
4. Edna tells Mademoiselle Reisz that she is going to move out of her house and that she is in love with Robert. Are either of these actions wise?
5. Why does Edna feel strong and confident in the pigeon-house?
6. Did the author give any warning that this love affair might not end happily?
7. Why does the photo of Alcee Arobin upset Robert so much when he goes back to the pigeon-house with her?
8. Is the dinner party a grand affair?
9. After her disappointing evening with Robert, what does Edna initially do?
10. Why does Madame Ratignolle urge Edna to think of her children?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)