Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Edna cry when she listens to Mademoiselle Reisz play the piano?
(a) It is too beautiful to imagine.
(b) It elicits the emotions she felt earlier in the summer.
(c) It is actually awful but she cannot bring herself to say so.
(d) It reminds her of Leonce.
2. What does Edna do while her husband is in New York?
(a) She redecorates the house.
(b) She learns needlepoint.
(c) She plays card games.
(d) She spends time with Mrs. Highcamp and Alcee Arobin.
3. Why did Robert never reveal his true feelings to Edna before?
(a) He was not sure of how he felt until this moment.
(b) She was not free.
(c) He thought she would make fun of him.
(d) He was worried she would not understand.
4. Why is Doctor Mandelet not bothered by Madame Ratignolle's complaints?
(a) She has lost her mind.
(b) He is used to them and knows she is a loyal patient.
(c) Her husband is the one who matters, not her.
(d) Every patient complains, so it is not important.
5. Edna's father believes her marriage would be stronger if:
(a) Mr. Pontellier stayed home more evenings with her.
(b) Mr. Pontellier made her his business partner.
(c) Mr. Pontellier would stay home full-time with her.
(d) Mr. Pontellier supported her painting career.
6. What does Edna regret about her kiss with Alcee?
(a) That it did not last longer
(b) That it did not come from real love
(c) That it did not lead to more
(d) That this new lover has such a strange name
7. Where is Edna at the end of this story?
(a) On a ship to Mexico
(b) Having dinner with Victor and Mariequita
(c) In the ocean, physically too tired to swim back
(d) Back on Esplanade Street, with Leonce
8. Why did Robert leave Mexico?
(a) He contracted a strange disease.
(b) He could not find work.
(c) The Mexicans were not very congenial.
(d) He ran out of money.
9. On the advice of Dr. Mandelet, what does Leonce decide to do?
(a) Divorce her
(b) Institutionalize her
(c) Not bring her to New York with him
(d) Send her back to Kentucky
10. Of what does Edna speak with authority?
(b) Race horses
(d) High society
11. Who does Mr. Pontellier discuss with the doctor?
(a) Etienne and Raoul
(b) Edna, his wife
(d) Janet, Edna's sister
12. Why does Mr. Pontellier not try to persuade Edna to go to the wedding?
(a) He does not want to bring her.
(b) He thinks she needs to stay back and look after the house.
(c) He is following the doctor's advice to let her do as she likes.
(d) He thinks it will get him out of going as well.
13. What does Victor take from Mrs. Highcamp?
(a) Her purse
(b) Her skirt
(c) Her cane
(d) Her scarf
14. When Edna sees Robert at the cafe, she accuses him of being the embodiment of:
15. Leonce tells Edna he will return in March after which they will go where?
(b) To Africa
(c) To Asia
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Victor's kiss on Edna's hand feel like?
2. Edna tells Robert that he:
3. Whose wedding does Edna refuse to attend?
4. Why does Madame Ratignolle complain to Edna?
5. Who is Alcee Arobin?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)