|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Victor take from Mrs. Highcamp?
(a) Her purse
(b) Her scarf
(c) Her cane
(d) Her skirt
2. Who is Mademoiselle Reisz surprised to see at her doorstep?
3. What is her overwhelming feeling after kissing Alcee?
(a) A feeling of lightness
(b) A feeling of irresponsibility
(c) A feeling of inevitablity
(d) A feeling of excitement
4. Leonce tells Edna he will return in March after which they will go where?
(a) To Africa
(d) To Asia
5. Who arrives at Mademoiselle Reisz's while Edna waits there alone?
6. What does Alcee call Edna's new home?
(a) The bird's nest
(b) The ostrich's retreat
(c) The love lair
(d) The pigeon-house
7. Describe Alcee's kiss with Edna:
(a) Edna felt like a whore afterward.
(b) It was a flaming torch that kindled desire.
(c) It was cold, unemotional.
(d) It was the kind of kiss a brother gives a sister.
8. When Edna sees Robert at the cafe, she accuses him of being the embodiment of:
9. At the last moment, which two guests do not show up at Edna's dinner party?
(a) Etienne and Raoul
(b) The Colonel and her sister
(c) Leonce and Dr. Mandelet
(d) Adele Ratignolle and Madame Lebrun
10. Who is Alcee Arobin?
(a) A member of the society of young men of fashion, a socialite
(b) A much sought-after bachelor
(c) A businessman with whom Leonce has dealings
(d) An artist like herself
11. What is Edna's father's reason for coming to town?
(a) To get a health check-up with Dr. Mandelet
(b) To take Edna away from Leonce
(c) To see some museums
(d) To buy a wedding present for his other daughter
12. When does Alcee finally say goodnight to Edna?
(a) When she orders him to leave
(b) He does not because he stays until the morning.
(c) When she became supple to his gentle seductive entreaties
(d) When she says goodbye first
13. What does Edna do while her husband is in New York?
(a) She plays card games.
(b) She learns needlepoint.
(c) She spends time with Mrs. Highcamp and Alcee Arobin.
(d) She redecorates the house.
14. Who interrupts Edna's and Robert's meeting?
15. How does Mr. Pontellier take the news of his wife's move?
(a) With unqualified disapproval and remonstrance
(b) With joy
(c) With bewilderment
(d) Well--he expected it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a mulatresse?
2. What effect has Alcee had on Edna?
3. How does Edna feel once her father and husband are gone?
4. What does Edna finally admit to Mademoiselle Reisz?
5. Who is Edna thinking of when she returns home?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)