|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the advice of Dr. Mandelet, what does Leonce decide to do?
(a) Institutionalize her
(b) Not bring her to New York with him
(c) Send her back to Kentucky
(d) Divorce her
2. What does Victor talk about with Mariequita?
(a) Mrs. Pontellier's dinner party
(b) His new job
(c) Alcee Arobin
(d) Mrs. Highcamp's scarf
3. At the last moment, which two guests do not show up at Edna's dinner party?
(a) Leonce and Dr. Mandelet
(b) Adele Ratignolle and Madame Lebrun
(c) Etienne and Raoul
(d) The Colonel and her sister
4. Where does Arobin urge Edna to go with him?
(a) The French Quarter
(b) Bourbon Street
(c) Shell Road
5. According to Adele, what is Alcee's reputation?
(b) Not really known
(d) Very good
6. Describe Alcee's kiss with Edna:
(a) It was a flaming torch that kindled desire.
(b) It was cold, unemotional.
(c) It was the kind of kiss a brother gives a sister.
(d) Edna felt like a whore afterward.
7. How does Edna react to the note?
(a) She is not upset. She knew this would happen.
(b) She thinks Robert has lost his mind so she goes to sleep.
(c) She is devastated. She does not sleep all night.
(d) She thinks it is a joke and laughs.
8. Who suddenly appears before Victor and Mariequita?
(a) Mrs. Pontellier
(b) Madame Lebrun
(c) Mrs. Highcamp
(d) Alcee Arobin
9. What does Edna finally admit to Mademoiselle Reisz?
(a) That she does not love Leonce
(b) That she is in love with Robert
(c) That she is in love with Alcee
(d) That she is not in love with anyone and wants to be alone
10. Where will Edna move?
(a) A little house around the corner
(b) Another grand house on the other side of town
(c) A totally different city
(d) Her mother-in-law's house in the countryside
11. Who does Mr. Pontellier discuss with the doctor?
(a) Edna, his wife
(b) Etienne and Raoul
(c) Janet, Edna's sister
12. What does Victor take from Mrs. Highcamp?
(a) Her scarf
(b) Her purse
(c) Her cane
(d) Her skirt
13. Who made the tobacco pouch that Robert carries?
(a) His mother
(b) He made it.
(d) A Vera Cruz girl
14. What does Edna promise before leaving?
(a) That they will go back to Mexico
(b) That they will have to marry in a civil ceremony
(c) That they will be together from now on
(d) That she will paint his portrait
15. Why does Edna have to suddenly leave Robert?
(a) Madame Ratignolle is sick and needs her.
(b) Alcee is sick and needs her.
(c) She forgot to pick up something at the market.
(d) Leonce is sick and needs her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Robert know that Edna is reading his letters to Mademoiselle Reisz?
2. What does Victor's kiss on Edna's hand feel like?
3. How does Mr. Pontellier save his public image?
4. Whose wedding does Edna refuse to attend?
5. How does Edna feel once her father and husband are gone?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)