Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Edna's father's reason for coming to town?
(a) To see some museums
(b) To get a health check-up with Dr. Mandelet
(c) To buy a wedding present for his other daughter
(d) To take Edna away from Leonce
2. Who suddenly appears before Victor and Mariequita?
(a) Madame Lebrun
(b) Mrs. Highcamp
(c) Alcee Arobin
(d) Mrs. Pontellier
3. As Edna walks on the beach, what does she realize about Robert?
(a) That he was a cad just like Alcee
(b) He was much too young for her.
(c) That eventually he would melt out of her existence
(d) He probably had another girlfriend anyway.
4. Whose wedding does Edna refuse to attend?
(a) The Colonel's wedding
(b) Her sister's wedding
(c) Leonce's sister's wedding
(d) Adele's sister's wedding
5. Who made the tobacco pouch that Robert carries?
(b) A Vera Cruz girl
(c) His mother
(d) He made it.
6. What does the doctor explain about women to Mr. Pontellier?
(a) That they should be locked up
(b) That it will cost a lot to get his explanation
(c) That they should simply ask women to explain themselves
(d) That they cannot be explained
7. Of what does Edna speak with authority?
(b) Race horses
(c) High society
8. What does Victor's kiss on Edna's hand feel like?
(a) A pleasing sting
(c) Like punch in the gut
(d) Cold and icy
9. How does Mr. Pontellier save his public image?
(a) By calling friends and begging for their pity
(b) By putting a notice in the paper announcing his family's upcoming sojourn
(c) By running off to Europe
(d) By putting a notice in the paper announcing his company's success
10. Who interrupts Edna's and Robert's meeting?
11. What does Edna want to do before dinner?
(a) Take a nap
(b) Bathe in the ocean
(c) Go fishing
(d) Play the piano
12. What does Edna regret about her kiss with Alcee?
(a) That it did not lead to more
(b) That this new lover has such a strange name
(c) That it did not come from real love
(d) That it did not last longer
13. Why is Doctor Mandelet not bothered by Madame Ratignolle's complaints?
(a) She has lost her mind.
(b) Her husband is the one who matters, not her.
(c) He is used to them and knows she is a loyal patient.
(d) Every patient complains, so it is not important.
14. Most of all, what did Edna gain?
(a) A new lover
(b) A better sense of what men are really like
(c) An understanding of what married women feel when they are adulterous
(d) A greater understanding of life
15. How does Robert react to the sight of Alcee's photograph?
(b) With coolness
Short Answer Questions
1. Edna's father believes her marriage would be stronger if:
2. What does Alcee call Edna's new home?
3. What did Robert write in his note to Edna?
4. Who will pay for Edna's expensive dinner party?
5. What does Victor talk about with Mariequita?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)