|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will pay for Edna's expensive dinner party?
2. At the last moment, which two guests do not show up at Edna's dinner party?
(a) Etienne and Raoul
(b) Adele Ratignolle and Madame Lebrun
(c) The Colonel and her sister
(d) Leonce and Dr. Mandelet
3. Edna's father believes her marriage would be stronger if:
(a) Mr. Pontellier stayed home more evenings with her.
(b) Mr. Pontellier would stay home full-time with her.
(c) Mr. Pontellier made her his business partner.
(d) Mr. Pontellier supported her painting career.
4. Of what does Edna speak with authority?
(a) High society
(b) Race horses
5. What is a griffe?
(a) It is short for Giraffe.
(b) A person uniquely gifted in voodoo
(c) A person of mixed-race heritage, typically mulatto and American Indian parentage
(d) A French quarter grifter
6. What effect has Alcee had on Edna?
(a) A narcotic effect
(b) No effect whatsoever
(c) A subduing effect
(d) A frigthening effect
7. How does Edna react to the note?
(a) She thinks Robert has lost his mind so she goes to sleep.
(b) She thinks it is a joke and laughs.
(c) She is not upset. She knew this would happen.
(d) She is devastated. She does not sleep all night.
8. What is a mulatresse?
(a) The definition is not known.
(b) A special kind of seamstress
(c) A woman of mixed-race heritage
(d) A woman who resembles a mullet fish
9. Alone with Edna, what does Alcee show her?
(a) His private collection of paintings
(b) A scar from a saber cut he got at age 19
(c) His journals
(d) Scars on his back from beatings during his childhood
10. What does the doctor explain about women to Mr. Pontellier?
(a) That they should be locked up
(b) That they cannot be explained
(c) That it will cost a lot to get his explanation
(d) That they should simply ask women to explain themselves
11. Who does Mr. Pontellier discuss with the doctor?
(a) Etienne and Raoul
(b) Edna, his wife
(c) Janet, Edna's sister
12. Who does Mr. Pontellier drop in to visit in town one morning?
(a) Madame Lebrun
(b) Madame Ratignolle
(c) Mademoiselle Reisz
(d) Dr. Mandelet
13. What does Mademoiselle Reisz say is essential to becoming a true artist?
(a) A courageous and brave soul
(b) Passionate experience
(c) A good education
(d) Good painting technique
14. Leonce tells Edna he will return in March after which they will go where?
(b) To Africa
(c) To Asia
15. What is her overwhelming feeling after kissing Alcee?
(a) A feeling of inevitablity
(b) A feeling of irresponsibility
(c) A feeling of excitement
(d) A feeling of lightness
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Edna feel once her father and husband are gone?
2. What did Robert write in his note to Edna?
3. Who has written to Mademoiselle Reisz asking about Edna?
4. How does Mr. Pontellier take the news of his wife's move?
5. What does Victor talk about with Mariequita?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)