|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Edna wonders how many years she has slept. Robert says:
(a) An entire day
(b) You have slept precisely one hundred years.
(c) About half an hour
(d) You have slept exactly one hundred minutes.
2. Who does Robert ask to perform for Mrs. Pontellier?
(a) Mr. Pontellier
(b) Madame Lebrun
(c) Mademoiselle Reisz
(d) Madame Ratignolle
3. What does Mr. Pontellier promise to bring back for his sons?
(a) Candies and walnuts
(b) Bonbons and peanuts
(c) Bourbon balls
(d) Ice cream
4. How soon will Robert depart?
(a) The next day
(b) Within minutes
(c) In a fortnight
(d) That night
5. Why does it anger Mr. Pontellier so much that Edna went out on Tuesday?
(a) He has a short fuse.
(b) He is actually not that angry but sarcastic.
(c) He thinks it will hurt his business and reputation.
(d) He hates anything out of the ordinary.
6. How does Mrs. Pontellier react when her husband comes home from Klein's?
(a) Angry that he is home so late
(b) With great enthusiasm
(c) With little interest
(d) Surprised that he is home so early
7. Over whom did Victor and Robert once fight?
(a) A married woman on the Grande Isle
(c) A girl they went to school with
(d) Mariequita, the Spanish girl
8. What were some of the reasons Edna decided to marry Leonce Pontellier?
(a) He was irresitibly handsome and charming.
(b) He was wealthy beyond her imagination.
(c) He was completely different from her father.
(d) Her father and sister were violently opposed to him.
9. Rather than paint, what does Mr. Pontellier think his wife should be doing?
(a) Going back to school
(b) Looking after the children and household
(c) Getting a job
(d) Volunteering at a hospital
10. Who is the embodiment of every womanly grace and charm?
(b) The Woman in Black
(c) Adele Ratignolle
(d) Madame Lebrun
11. Around what time does Edna finally get up?
(a) Noon the next day
(b) Two in the morning
(c) About one hour before dawn
(d) At the same time she always does, seven a.m.
12. Who does Edna ask the little Negro girl to wake up?
(a) Madame Lebrun
13. Madame Lebrun remarks that sometimes she thinks Mrs. Pontellier is:
14. Where does Robert take Edna to recover?
(a) Madame LeBrun's
(b) Madame Antoine's
(c) Mademoiselle Reisz's
(d) Madame Ratignolle
15. Does Mademoiselle Reisz's performance affect anyone else?
(a) Only those who know music
(b) It excites the children only.
(c) It arouses everyone.
(d) It excites the adults only.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Edna react to the news she learns at dinner?
2. What does Robert do while Mrs. Pontellier paints?
3. When did Robert decide to make this trip?
4. What happens to Edna at the service?
5. Describe Madame Antoine:
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)