Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Mr. Pontellier is asleep, Mrs. Pontellier leaves the room and:
(a) Devises a scheme to move out
(b) Reads a book
(c) Cries almost uncontrollably
(d) Writes letters to her father
2. Rather than paint, what does Mr. Pontellier think his wife should be doing?
(a) Going back to school
(b) Volunteering at a hospital
(c) Looking after the children and household
(d) Getting a job
3. Who does Edna search for?
(a) Mademoiselle Reisz
(b) Madame Antoine
(d) Victor Lebrun
4. What kind of woman is Edna not?
(a) A crazy woman
(b) A mean woman
(c) A career woman
(d) A mother-woman
5. Where is Leonce when Edna returns from the Cheniere?
(a) He went to Madame Antoine's.
(b) He is walking along the beach.
(c) He is now at the Cheniere.
(d) He is at Klein's.
6. What does Robert talk a great deal about?
(b) His mother
(d) His brother
7. What does Robert do while Mrs. Pontellier paints?
(a) He tickles her.
(b) He becomes very silent.
(c) He paints, too.
(d) He often rests his head on her arm.
8. What does Edna do when her husband orders her to come inside?
(a) She obeys him instantly.
(b) She asks if they can get a larger cottage.
(c) She refuses to obey him.
(d) She suggests they take a walk.
9. As they sail to the Cheniere Caminada, how does Edna feel?
(a) Eager to experience a religious awakening
(b) Sick to her stomach
(c) She feels she is being liberated.
10. When did Robert decide to make this trip?
(a) Last year
(b) Months before
(c) He cannot recall.
(d) That very afternoon, at four o'clock
11. Who is the embodiment of every womanly grace and charm?
(a) Adele Ratignolle
(b) The Woman in Black
(d) Madame Lebrun
12. What does Edna see when Mademoiselle Reisz plays?
(a) Herself playing the piano
(b) Nothing. But she feels passions that make her choke with tears.
(c) The future in gross detail
(d) Her life unfold like a beautiful flower
13. What does Madame Ratignolle mean when she talks about her condition?
(a) Her pregnancy
(b) Her illness
(c) Her relationship with her husband
(d) Her situation in life
14. What effect does music generally have on Edna?
(a) Sedative. It makes her sleepy.
(b) It has a way of evoking pictures in her mind.
(c) None. She hates music.
(d) It has a way of making her anxious.
15. Where is Robert when Edna discovers his plan?
(a) In the same room
(b) On the beach
(c) On his way to Mexico
(d) In an adjacent room
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Victor say has changed Edna?
2. What does Robert jokingly say happened to Mrs. Pontellier when she was in the ocean?
3. What is Edna realizing about herself?
4. What does Edna do that surprises everyone?
5. The news of Robert's departure upsets Edna so much she goes to:
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)