|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Edna attempted to learn all summer?
(a) How to swim
(b) How to memorize poetry
(c) How to cook
(d) How to fish
2. What happens to Edna at the service?
(a) She sings too loudly and is told to leave.
(b) She renounces religion.
(c) She starts crying and cannot stop.
(d) She nearly faints and has to leave.
3. Was Edna a good swimming student?
(a) No. Robert was frustrated and thought it was futile to teach her.
(b) She was outstanding.
(c) No one has seen her swim, so no one can say.
(d) Decent. Robert thought she needed more lessons.
4. When Edna cannot find Mademoiselle Reisz, who does she go to for help?
(b) Adele Ratignolle
(c) Madame Lebrun
(d) The Police
5. What does Edna call the piece she often hears Mademoiselle Reisz play?
(d) Swinging Blues
6. What does Mademoiselle Reisz say to Edna after her performance?
(a) It is the last time she will perform for anyone.
(b) She would have preferred playing the violin.
(c) Edna is the only one worth playing for.
(d) She should have chosen a different tune.
7. How does the author describe Edna's feelings for her own children?
(a) She is fond of them because the law says she should be.
(b) She is fond of them in an uneven, impulsive way.
(c) She is not fond of them at all.
(d) She adores them completely.
8. What has Robert done pretty much every summer at Grande Isle?
(a) He has written a novel.
(b) Gone fishing
(c) He would devote himself to one married woman.
(d) He has built a house.
9. As they sail to the Cheniere Caminada, how does Edna feel?
(a) Eager to experience a religious awakening
(b) She feels she is being liberated.
(c) Sick to her stomach
10. In retrospect, how does Edna feel about stomping on her wedding ring?
(c) She still cannot believe she did such a thing
(d) Perfectly fine
11. Leonce is so dissatisfied with dinner he leaves to:
(a) Go to see his doctor
(b) Go to the club
(c) Go to the Ratignolles
(d) Go to a restaurant
12. What does Mrs. Pontellier overhear Madame Ratignolle relate to Monsieur Farival in great detail?
(a) One of her accouchements, or, childbirths
(b) Her intimate moments with her husband
(c) Her interest in writing a novel
(d) How to cook a chicken Creole style
13. How does Mr. Pontellier view his home?
(a) He wishes it were smaller.
(b) He is not one to be interested in a house.
(c) With great modesty
(d) With great pride
14. How does Mrs. Pontellier react when her husband comes home from Klein's?
(a) Surprised that he is home so early
(b) With little interest
(c) With great enthusiasm
(d) Angry that he is home so late
15. Does Mrs. Pontellier feel comfortable in the company of Creoles?
(a) She does not give it much thought.
(b) Not at all
(d) Not entirely
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Mademoiselle Reisz's performance affect anyone else?
2. What does Robert jokingly say happened to Mrs. Pontellier when she was in the ocean?
3. Where is Mr. Pontellier eager to go the next day?
4. Where will Montel be next month?
5. What does Edna want to do with Madame Ratignolle?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)