|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Pontellier view his home?
(a) He wishes it were smaller.
(b) With great pride
(c) He is not one to be interested in a house.
(d) With great modesty
2. Where will Edna move?
(a) Another grand house on the other side of town
(b) A little house around the corner
(c) A totally different city
(d) Her mother-in-law's house in the countryside
3. Raoul's condition prompts Mr. Pontellier to accuse his wife of:
(a) Neglecting their children
(b) Giving Raoul the wrong medicine
(c) Hating him
(d) Being a great mother
4. Edna's father believes her marriage would be stronger if:
(a) Mr. Pontellier made her his business partner.
(b) Mr. Pontellier stayed home more evenings with her.
(c) Mr. Pontellier would stay home full-time with her.
(d) Mr. Pontellier supported her painting career.
5. Describe the nature of Robert's and Edna's conversation:
(a) Very intellectual
(b) As if they had never left each other
(c) A bit awkward, mostly small talk
(d) Very proper and polite
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe Edna's feelings for her own children?
2. How does Edna react to the news she learns at dinner?
3. Why does Edna not want to go abroad?
4. According to Mademoiselle Reisz, who is Madame Lebrun's favorite child?
5. What does Edna receive with her husband's letter of disapproval?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)