|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Edna cry when she listens to Mademoiselle Reisz play the piano?
(a) It reminds her of Leonce.
(b) It elicits the emotions she felt earlier in the summer.
(c) It is actually awful but she cannot bring herself to say so.
(d) It is too beautiful to imagine.
2. When talking to both Adele and Edna, Robert is jovial and jokes often. Is he this way when alone with Edna?
(a) No, he is not.
(b) The author gives few clues as to how he behaves when alone with Edna.
(c) It depends on whether her husband is in the room.
(d) Yes, he is.
3. In retrospect, how does Edna feel about stomping on her wedding ring?
(b) She still cannot believe she did such a thing
(c) Perfectly fine
4. Who approaches Mr. Pontellier underneath a white sunshade?
(a) His wife, Mrs. Edna Pontellier and the young Robert Lebrun
(b) The local priest
(c) Madame Lebrun and her son Robert
(d) Robert LeBrun and his wife
5. Where is Leonce when Edna returns from the Cheniere?
(a) He is walking along the beach.
(b) He is now at the Cheniere.
(c) He went to Madame Antoine's.
(d) He is at Klein's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Arobin urge Edna to go with him?
2. Where is Robert when Edna discovers his plan?
3. How do the Pontellier children feel about their house being renovated?
4. What does Victor take from Mrs. Highcamp?
5. What does Adele tell Edna to do?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)