|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edna finally admit to Mademoiselle Reisz?
(a) That she does not love Leonce
(b) That she is in love with Robert
(c) That she is not in love with anyone and wants to be alone
(d) That she is in love with Alcee
2. Edna tells Robert that he:
(a) Looks much like his brother
(b) Needs to stay at the pigeon house and lock the doors
(c) Awoke her last summer from a life-long stupid dream
(d) Should not stay with her; it will never work out
3. Does Mrs. Pontellier feel comfortable in the company of Creoles?
(a) Not at all
(b) Not entirely
(d) She does not give it much thought.
4. Where is Robert when Edna discovers his plan?
(a) On the beach
(b) On his way to Mexico
(c) In an adjacent room
(d) In the same room
5. When talking to both Adele and Edna, Robert is jovial and jokes often. Is he this way when alone with Edna?
(a) Yes, he is.
(b) It depends on whether her husband is in the room.
(c) No, he is not.
(d) The author gives few clues as to how he behaves when alone with Edna.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert smoke cigarettes?
2. What does Edna receive with her husband's letter of disapproval?
3. When Mr. Pontellier checks in on his sons, he thinks that Raoul has:
4. Describe the nature of Robert's and Edna's conversation:
5. Describe Alcee's kiss with Edna:
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)