|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Pontellier view his home?
(a) With great modesty
(b) He wishes it were smaller.
(c) He is not one to be interested in a house.
(d) With great pride
2. What does Edna want to do before dinner?
(a) Take a nap
(b) Go fishing
(c) Play the piano
(d) Bathe in the ocean
3. Why does Madame Ratignolle complain to Edna?
(a) She misses her and has not seen her lately.
(b) She thinks Edna has gone mad.
(c) She has no one else to complain to.
(d) She thought Alcee was interested in her, not Edna.
4. Why does Robert smoke cigarettes?
(a) He thinks it makes him look good.
(b) He cannot afford pipes.
(c) He cannot afford cigars.
(d) No particular reasons
5. Who suddenly appears before Victor and Mariequita?
(a) Madame Lebrun
(b) Alcee Arobin
(c) Mrs. Pontellier
(d) Mrs. Highcamp
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Madame Ratignolle explain the behavior of the Lebruns?
2. Why does it anger Mr. Pontellier so much that Edna went out on Tuesday?
3. Who will pay for Edna's expensive dinner party?
4. What kind of woman is Edna not?
5. Why did Robert never reveal his true feelings to Edna before?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)