|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Alcee finally say goodnight to Edna?
(a) When she says goodbye first
(b) When she orders him to leave
(c) When she became supple to his gentle seductive entreaties
(d) He does not because he stays until the morning.
2. Who does Edna ask the little Negro girl to wake up?
(b) Madame Lebrun
3. Who is the embodiment of every womanly grace and charm?
(a) Adele Ratignolle
(c) The Woman in Black
(d) Madame Lebrun
4. Who suddenly appears before Victor and Mariequita?
(a) Madame Lebrun
(b) Mrs. Pontellier
(c) Mrs. Highcamp
(d) Alcee Arobin
5. Why does Edna choose to remain in the hammock?
(a) She feels that her will had blazed up, stubborn and resistant.
(b) She has always preferred hammocks to beds.
(c) She thinks it may make Leonce romantic.
(d) She likes the salty air.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Highcamp think her daughter would like?
2. What does Edna want to do before dinner?
3. What does Madame Ratignolle think of the Mexicans?
4. Describe Alcee's kiss with Edna:
5. Who does Edna search for?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)