|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What starts to change in Edna this summer at Grande Isle?
(a) The mantel of openness that had always enveloped her is tightening.
(b) She longs to have another child.
(c) The idea of living here year-round is gaining its appeal.
(d) The mantel of reservation that had always enveloped her is loosening.
2. What does Victor talk about with Mariequita?
(a) Mrs. Pontellier's dinner party
(b) Alcee Arobin
(c) Mrs. Highcamp's scarf
(d) His new job
3. Who is Montel?
(a) A friend of Edna's
(b) A servant at the Lebrun estate
(c) A celebrity who vacations on the Grande Isle
(d) A man who is in love with Madame Lebrun
4. Who suddenly appears before Victor and Mariequita?
(a) Madame Lebrun
(b) Mrs. Highcamp
(c) Mrs. Pontellier
(d) Alcee Arobin
5. Why does Madame Ratignolle complain to Edna?
(a) She thought Alcee was interested in her, not Edna.
(b) She has no one else to complain to.
(c) She thinks Edna has gone mad.
(d) She misses her and has not seen her lately.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Edna cannot find Mademoiselle Reisz, who does she go to for help?
2. Does Mrs. Pontellier feel comfortable in the company of Creoles?
3. Once Mr. Pontellier is asleep, Mrs. Pontellier leaves the room and:
4. How has Robert's going away affected Edna?
5. Why does Mr. Pontellier not try to persuade Edna to go to the wedding?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)