|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Edna, her marriage to Leonce Pontellier was purely an:
(b) Act of rebellion
(c) Amiable thing to do
(d) Act of convenience
2. What does Adele tell Edna to do?
(a) Remember the children
(b) To go back to Grande Isle
(c) Stay with her until she recovers
(d) Stay with Leonce no matter what
3. What does Madame Ratignolle do to Edna that she first finds unsettling?
(a) She never looks Edna in the eye when speaking to her.
(b) She is very physically affectionate.
(c) She rubs Edna's belly whenever she wants to.
(d) She speaks to Edna in a very mean tone.
4. What does Victor say has changed Edna?
(a) Her new confidence
(b) His being around her
(c) Her sense of style
(d) The city atmosphere
5. In retrospect, how does Edna feel about stomping on her wedding ring?
(a) She still cannot believe she did such a thing
(c) Perfectly fine
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Pontellier view his home?
2. What do the Farival twins perform at the Grand Isle celebration?
3. What does Madame Ratignolle beg Robert to do?
4. When Edna cannot find Mademoiselle Reisz, who does she go to for help?
5. Edna's father believes her marriage would be stronger if:
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)