|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adele tell Edna to do?
(a) Stay with Leonce no matter what
(b) Remember the children
(c) Stay with her until she recovers
(d) To go back to Grande Isle
2. What does Edna want to do before dinner?
(a) Bathe in the ocean
(b) Go fishing
(c) Play the piano
(d) Take a nap
3. Why does Robert smoke cigarettes?
(a) He cannot afford pipes.
(b) He cannot afford cigars.
(c) He thinks it makes him look good.
(d) No particular reasons
4. What is her overwhelming feeling after kissing Alcee?
(a) A feeling of inevitablity
(b) A feeling of lightness
(c) A feeling of excitement
(d) A feeling of irresponsibility
5. Why is Mr. Pontellier reading a day-old newspaper?
(a) He likes old news, not current news.
(b) The day's paper has not yet reached the Grande Isle.
(c) He is too cheap to buy the day's paper.
(d) He is a slow reader .
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madame Ratignolle mean when she talks about her condition?
2. Edna's father believes her marriage would be stronger if:
3. Where will Montel be next month?
4. When Mr. Pontellier checks in on his sons, he thinks that Raoul has:
5. What does Adele Ratignolle urge Robert to do?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)