|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Victor talk about with Mariequita?
(a) Mrs. Highcamp's scarf
(b) His new job
(c) Alcee Arobin
(d) Mrs. Pontellier's dinner party
2. Who is very fond of Robert?
(a) His mother
(b) No one. Everyone dislikes him.
(c) The church parishoners
(d) The Pontellier children
3. How does Mr. Pontellier save his public image?
(a) By calling friends and begging for their pity
(b) By putting a notice in the paper announcing his company's success
(c) By putting a notice in the paper announcing his family's upcoming sojourn
(d) By running off to Europe
4. Who will pay for Edna's expensive dinner party?
5. Once Mr. Pontellier is asleep, Mrs. Pontellier leaves the room and:
(a) Cries almost uncontrollably
(b) Reads a book
(c) Devises a scheme to move out
(d) Writes letters to her father
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Madame Antoine:
2. What do the Farival twins perform at the Grand Isle celebration?
3. What does Mr. Pontellier send home to his wife while he is away?
4. What do Robert and Edna do before Mr. Pontellier returns to the cottage?
5. Describe Alcee's kiss with Edna:
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)