|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Was Edna a good swimming student?
(a) No one has seen her swim, so no one can say.
(b) Decent. Robert thought she needed more lessons.
(c) No. Robert was frustrated and thought it was futile to teach her.
(d) She was outstanding.
2. What does Edna receive with her husband's letter of disapproval?
(a) Instructions to contact an architect to remodel their house
(b) Instructions on how to get to this mother's house
(d) Instructions to contact a lawyer to start their divorce
3. Who is Montel?
(a) A friend of Edna's
(b) A servant at the Lebrun estate
(c) A man who is in love with Madame Lebrun
(d) A celebrity who vacations on the Grande Isle
4. What does Edna see when Mademoiselle Reisz plays?
(a) Nothing. But she feels passions that make her choke with tears.
(b) Her life unfold like a beautiful flower
(c) The future in gross detail
(d) Herself playing the piano
5. Who suddenly appears before Victor and Mariequita?
(a) Alcee Arobin
(b) Mrs. Pontellier
(c) Madame Lebrun
(d) Mrs. Highcamp
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edna do after Alcee leaves?
2. What happens on Tuesdays in the Pontellier home?
3. Who has written to Mademoiselle Reisz asking about Edna?
4. Once Mr. Pontellier realizes Edna will not come to bed, what does he do?
5. Where is Robert when Edna discovers his plan?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)