|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Alcee Arobin?
(a) A much sought-after bachelor
(b) A member of the society of young men of fashion, a socialite
(c) An artist like herself
(d) A businessman with whom Leonce has dealings
2. When talking to both Adele and Edna, Robert is jovial and jokes often. Is he this way when alone with Edna?
(a) It depends on whether her husband is in the room.
(b) No, he is not.
(c) The author gives few clues as to how he behaves when alone with Edna.
(d) Yes, he is.
3. Rather than paint, what does Mr. Pontellier think his wife should be doing?
(a) Getting a job
(b) Volunteering at a hospital
(c) Going back to school
(d) Looking after the children and household
4. What does Edna call the piece she often hears Mademoiselle Reisz play?
(b) Swinging Blues
5. At the last moment, which two guests do not show up at Edna's dinner party?
(a) Etienne and Raoul
(b) Adele Ratignolle and Madame Lebrun
(c) The Colonel and her sister
(d) Leonce and Dr. Mandelet
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Edna at the end of this story?
2. Edna's father believes her marriage would be stronger if:
3. What does Edna promise before leaving?
4. When Edna cannot find Mademoiselle Reisz, who does she go to for help?
5. What has Robert done pretty much every summer at Grande Isle?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)