|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Edna search for?
(a) Mademoiselle Reisz
(b) Madame Antoine
(d) Victor Lebrun
2. Who is Alcee Arobin?
(a) A much sought-after bachelor
(b) A member of the society of young men of fashion, a socialite
(c) An artist like herself
(d) A businessman with whom Leonce has dealings
3. Why is Doctor Mandelet not bothered by Madame Ratignolle's complaints?
(a) He is used to them and knows she is a loyal patient.
(b) She has lost her mind.
(c) Every patient complains, so it is not important.
(d) Her husband is the one who matters, not her.
4. Why did Robert never reveal his true feelings to Edna before?
(a) He was worried she would not understand.
(b) He thought she would make fun of him.
(c) She was not free.
(d) He was not sure of how he felt until this moment.
5. How has Robert's going away affected Edna?
(a) She feels like she is going mad.
(b) It has taken the brightness, the color, the meaning out of everything.
(c) She has lost her appetite and is losing weight.
(d) She is not entirely sure yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Edna's father believes her marriage would be stronger if:
2. How does Edna react to the note?
3. How does Edna react to the news she learns at dinner?
4. And what does Leonce do when Edna asks him to come to bed?
5. Why does Edna feel a pang of jealousy toward Madame Lebrun?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)