|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the advice of Dr. Mandelet, what does Leonce decide to do?
(a) Divorce her
(b) Institutionalize her
(c) Not bring her to New York with him
(d) Send her back to Kentucky
2. Who does Robert ask to perform for Mrs. Pontellier?
(a) Mr. Pontellier
(b) Mademoiselle Reisz
(c) Madame Ratignolle
(d) Madame Lebrun
3. Why does Edna tell Victor to stop singing?
(a) She hates that song.
(b) He is singing a song that Robert often sang to her.
(c) She wants to sing.
(d) He is a terrible singer.
4. Why does Madame Ratignolle complain to Edna?
(a) She misses her and has not seen her lately.
(b) She has no one else to complain to.
(c) She thinks Edna has gone mad.
(d) She thought Alcee was interested in her, not Edna.
5. As they sail to the Cheniere Caminada, how does Edna feel?
(a) Eager to experience a religious awakening
(c) She feels she is being liberated.
(d) Sick to her stomach
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Robert never reveal his true feelings to Edna before?
2. How do the Pontellier children feel about their house being renovated?
3. Who does Mr. Pontellier discuss with the doctor?
4. What is Madame Antoine cooking for dinner?
5. How does Victor Lebrun describe Edna?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)