|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alcee call Edna's new home?
(a) The ostrich's retreat
(b) The pigeon-house
(c) The bird's nest
(d) The love lair
2. Who does Mr. Pontellier drop in to visit in town one morning?
(a) Mademoiselle Reisz
(b) Madame Ratignolle
(c) Madame Lebrun
(d) Dr. Mandelet
3. Who has written to Mademoiselle Reisz asking about Edna?
(c) Madame Antoine
4. Although they do not talk, what does the author say is happening between Robert and Edna?
(a) They are learning to be silent around each other.
(b) They are allowing anger to fester within themselves.
(c) They have a lot to say but cannot find the right words.
(d) They are feeling the throbbings of desire.
5. Raoul's condition prompts Mr. Pontellier to accuse his wife of:
(a) Hating him
(b) Giving Raoul the wrong medicine
(c) Neglecting their children
(d) Being a great mother
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Robert write in his note to Edna?
2. Over whom did Victor and Robert once fight?
3. Why is Doctor Mandelet not bothered by Madame Ratignolle's complaints?
4. When did Robert decide to make this trip?
5. What does Mrs. Pontellier overhear Madame Ratignolle relate to Monsieur Farival in great detail?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)