|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madame Ratignolle mean when she talks about her condition?
(a) Her pregnancy
(b) Her situation in life
(c) Her relationship with her husband
(d) Her illness
2. What do Robert and Edna do before Mr. Pontellier returns to the cottage?
(a) She sits in the hammock and Robert smokes, in silence.
(b) They bake a pie together.
(c) They play games with the children.
(d) They debate the merits of American literature.
3. Who has written to Mademoiselle Reisz asking about Edna?
(d) Madame Antoine
4. What does Edna promise before leaving?
(a) That they will go back to Mexico
(b) That they will be together from now on
(c) That they will have to marry in a civil ceremony
(d) That she will paint his portrait
5. Describe Madame Antoine:
(a) Fat, walks heavily and clumsily, speaks no English but is warm and friendly
(b) Short, with a rather unforgettable face
(c) Short, stout, angry and scary like a guard dog
(d) Thin, walks elegantly and speaks beautiful English
Short Answer Questions
1. Who approaches Mr. Pontellier underneath a white sunshade?
2. How do the Pontellier children feel about their house being renovated?
3. When does Alcee finally say goodnight to Edna?
4. Describe Mrs. Pontellier's eyes.
5. Who does Robert ask to perform for Mrs. Pontellier?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)