|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edna promise before leaving?
(a) That they will have to marry in a civil ceremony
(b) That she will paint his portrait
(c) That they will be together from now on
(d) That they will go back to Mexico
2. What is a mulatresse?
(a) The definition is not known.
(b) A woman of mixed-race heritage
(c) A woman who resembles a mullet fish
(d) A special kind of seamstress
3. What does Madame Ratignolle mean when she talks about her condition?
(a) Her relationship with her husband
(b) Her situation in life
(c) Her illness
(d) Her pregnancy
4. When Edna cannot find Mademoiselle Reisz, who does she go to for help?
(a) Adele Ratignolle
(b) The Police
(d) Madame Lebrun
5. How does Edna react to the news she learns at dinner?
(a) She is delighted.
(b) She is shocked.
(c) She has no reaction.
(d) She is skeptical.
Short Answer Questions
1. The news of Robert's departure upsets Edna so much she goes to:
2. Alone in her room, what does Edna do?
3. According to Adele, what is Alcee's reputation?
4. Raoul's condition prompts Mr. Pontellier to accuse his wife of:
5. What did Robert write in his note to Edna?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)