|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. And what does Leonce do when Edna asks him to come to bed?
(a) He stays behind to have another round of wine.
(b) He comes immediately.
(c) He ignores her and reads the newspaper.
(d) He stays behind to finish smoking his cigar.
2. Why does it anger Mr. Pontellier so much that Edna went out on Tuesday?
(a) He thinks it will hurt his business and reputation.
(b) He hates anything out of the ordinary.
(c) He is actually not that angry but sarcastic.
(d) He has a short fuse.
3. What does Robert do while Mrs. Pontellier paints?
(a) He becomes very silent.
(b) He often rests his head on her arm.
(c) He tickles her.
(d) He paints, too.
4. Who does Robert ask to perform for Mrs. Pontellier?
(a) Mr. Pontellier
(b) Madame Lebrun
(c) Madame Ratignolle
(d) Mademoiselle Reisz
5. What is Edna's father's reason for coming to town?
(a) To see some museums
(b) To buy a wedding present for his other daughter
(c) To take Edna away from Leonce
(d) To get a health check-up with Dr. Mandelet
Short Answer Questions
1. Edna and Robert finally kiss. Who made the first move?
2. Who will pay for Edna's expensive dinner party?
3. What does Adele Ratignolle urge Robert to do?
4. Describe Alcee's kiss with Edna:
5. Does Robert know that Edna is reading his letters to Mademoiselle Reisz?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)