|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Pontellier overhear Madame Ratignolle relate to Monsieur Farival in great detail?
(a) One of her accouchements, or, childbirths
(b) Her interest in writing a novel
(c) How to cook a chicken Creole style
(d) Her intimate moments with her husband
2. What does Edna throw at Robert?
(a) Her shoe
(b) A pillow
(c) An orange she plucked from a tree
(d) A frying pan
3. What does Edna do at Madame Antoine's?
(a) She cleans the house.
(b) She reads books.
(c) She sleeps.
(d) She helps cook.
4. Why did Robert leave Mexico?
(a) The Mexicans were not very congenial.
(b) He contracted a strange disease.
(c) He could not find work.
(d) He ran out of money.
5. How has Robert's going away affected Edna?
(a) She is not entirely sure yet.
(b) She feels like she is going mad.
(c) It has taken the brightness, the color, the meaning out of everything.
(d) She has lost her appetite and is losing weight.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the advice of Dr. Mandelet, what does Leonce decide to do?
2. The news of Robert's departure upsets Edna so much she goes to:
3. Describe Alcee's kiss with Edna:
4. What does Adele Ratignolle urge Robert to do?
5. Why are there no recent adult photographs of Robert at his mother's home?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)