|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Mademoiselle Reisz's performance affect anyone else?
(a) It excites the children only.
(b) It arouses everyone.
(c) It excites the adults only.
(d) Only those who know music
2. What does Leonce believe is a way to become rich?
(a) To make money, not save it
(b) To con people into buying investments they do not need
(c) To keep children in public not private schools
(d) To speculate in real estate
3. Why did Robert leave Mexico?
(a) The Mexicans were not very congenial.
(b) He could not find work.
(c) He contracted a strange disease.
(d) He ran out of money.
4. What does Mr. Pontellier promise to bring back for his sons?
(a) Bonbons and peanuts
(b) Candies and walnuts
(c) Ice cream
(d) Bourbon balls
5. Mrs. Pontellier talks about:
(a) Her father's Mississippi plantation, Kentucky, and her sister's engagement
(b) Her husband's business, their house on Esplanade Street
(c) Her children
(d) The weather
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Pontellier stop reading his newspaper?
2. What does Madame Ratignolle think of the Mexicans?
3. What starts to change in Edna this summer at Grande Isle?
4. What does Victor take from Mrs. Highcamp?
5. Who arrives at Mademoiselle Reisz's while Edna waits there alone?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)