|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has written to Mademoiselle Reisz asking about Edna?
(d) Madame Antoine
2. What does Adele Ratignolle urge Robert to do?
(a) To get a part-time job
(b) To find someone his own age
(c) To leave Edna Pontellier alone
(d) To leave the Grande Isle
3. What does Victor's kiss on Edna's hand feel like?
(a) Cold and icy
(b) A pleasing sting
(c) Like punch in the gut
4. Who does Mr. Pontellier discuss with the doctor?
(a) Etienne and Raoul
(b) Janet, Edna's sister
(c) Edna, his wife
5. Once Mr. Pontellier realizes Edna will not come to bed, what does he do?
(a) He goes out and drinks with this male friends.
(b) He stays up, drinks wine, and smokes cigars next to her.
(c) He grabs her and carries her upstairs.
(d) He runs to the beach and swims alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. After declining Robert's invitation to go to the beach, how does Edna feel?
2. Describe Mrs. Pontellier's eyes.
3. Mrs. Pontellier talks about:
4. Why is Mr. Pontellier reading a day-old newspaper?
5. What does Robert jokingly say happened to Mrs. Pontellier when she was in the ocean?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)