|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Highcamp think her daughter would like?
2. Edna gradually awakens, as if from a dream to feel:
(a) Like she should sleep and dream more
(b) That it is better to sleep in a real bed
(c) The realities pressing into her soul
(d) That she really is in a dream
3. Once Mr. Pontellier is asleep, Mrs. Pontellier leaves the room and:
(a) Cries almost uncontrollably
(b) Devises a scheme to move out
(c) Reads a book
(d) Writes letters to her father
4. What does Edna realize about herself after learning of Robert's departure?
(a) She is experiencing a real infatuation.
(b) She does not like Robert as much as she thought.
(c) She might just take off and join him .
(d) She has always wanted to go to Mexico.
5. Describe Mr. Ratignolle:
(a) Dark, somber, not given to saying much to anyone
(b) Overly talkative
(c) Quiet, stoic
(d) Salt of the earth, cheerful, good hearted with common sense
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edna do at Madame Antoine's?
2. What does Mr. Pontellier promise to bring back for his sons?
3. Where does Robert suggest he and Edna go the next day?
4. What were some of the reasons Edna decided to marry Leonce Pontellier?
5. Who has written to Mademoiselle Reisz asking about Edna?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)