|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Edna move?
(a) A little house around the corner
(b) Another grand house on the other side of town
(c) Her mother-in-law's house in the countryside
(d) A totally different city
2. What does opening up to Madame Ratignolle do for Edna?
(a) It makes her want to pack up and go home.
(b) It makes her realize her life is full.
(c) It muddles her like wine, or like a first breath of freedom.
(d) She wishes she had a psychiatrist to talk to.
3. At the last moment, which two guests do not show up at Edna's dinner party?
(a) Etienne and Raoul
(b) Leonce and Dr. Mandelet
(c) The Colonel and her sister
(d) Adele Ratignolle and Madame Lebrun
4. Why is Robert at Grande Isle?
(a) He is in search of a job.
(b) He had heard of it through a friend, thought he should see it.
(c) He likes to spend time with old women.
(d) He spends every summer vacation there with his mother.
5. What does Madame Ratignolle do to Edna that she first finds unsettling?
(a) She never looks Edna in the eye when speaking to her.
(b) She rubs Edna's belly whenever she wants to.
(c) She speaks to Edna in a very mean tone.
(d) She is very physically affectionate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is singing in French and a little Spanish?
2. Edna wonders how many years she has slept. Robert says:
3. What do the Farival twins perform at the Grand Isle celebration?
4. What starts to change in Edna this summer at Grande Isle?
5. Who has written to Mademoiselle Reisz asking about Edna?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)