|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Pontellier reading a day-old newspaper?
(a) The day's paper has not yet reached the Grande Isle.
(b) He is too cheap to buy the day's paper.
(c) He is a slow reader .
(d) He likes old news, not current news.
2. What is Edna's father's reason for coming to town?
(a) To buy a wedding present for his other daughter
(b) To see some museums
(c) To get a health check-up with Dr. Mandelet
(d) To take Edna away from Leonce
3. When talking to both Adele and Edna, Robert is jovial and jokes often. Is he this way when alone with Edna?
(a) Yes, he is.
(b) The author gives few clues as to how he behaves when alone with Edna.
(c) No, he is not.
(d) It depends on whether her husband is in the room.
4. Once Mr. Pontellier is asleep, Mrs. Pontellier leaves the room and:
(a) Devises a scheme to move out
(b) Writes letters to her father
(c) Reads a book
(d) Cries almost uncontrollably
5. What does Edna do that surprises everyone?
(a) She jumps into the ocean and swims by herself.
(b) She runs up and down the beach like a madwoman.
(c) She takes surfing lessons.
(d) She forces Leonce to swim with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Edna, her marriage to Leonce Pontellier was purely an:
2. When Mr. Pontellier checks in on his sons, he thinks that Raoul has:
3. How does the author describe Edna's feelings for her own children?
4. How does Mr. Pontellier take the news of his wife's move?
5. What does Madame Ratignolle mean when she talks about her condition?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)