|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Mr. Pontellier is asleep, Mrs. Pontellier leaves the room and:
(a) Writes letters to her father
(b) Cries almost uncontrollably
(c) Devises a scheme to move out
(d) Reads a book
2. How does Mr. Pontellier view his home?
(a) He wishes it were smaller.
(b) With great modesty
(c) With great pride
(d) He is not one to be interested in a house.
3. Who does Mr. Pontellier discuss with the doctor?
(a) Edna, his wife
(b) Janet, Edna's sister
(d) Etienne and Raoul
4. Why does Edna feel a pang of jealousy toward Madame Lebrun?
(a) Robert wrote to his mother but not to Edna.
(b) She is more beautiful than Edna.
(c) She is a better painter than Edna.
(d) She is richer than Edna.
5. How do the Pontellier children feel about their house being renovated?
(b) They do not understand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Robert know that Edna is reading his letters to Mademoiselle Reisz?
2. What does the doctor explain about women to Mr. Pontellier?
3. Why does Madame Ratignolle complain to Edna?
4. What is Edna realizing about herself?
5. What do the Farival twins perform at the Grand Isle celebration?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)