|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Pontellier take the news of his wife's move?
(a) With bewilderment
(b) Well--he expected it.
(c) With unqualified disapproval and remonstrance
(d) With joy
2. Who does Mr. Pontellier discuss with the doctor?
(b) Etienne and Raoul
(c) Janet, Edna's sister
(d) Edna, his wife
3. Where does Robert suggest he and Edna go the next day?
(a) The Cayman Islands
(b) Grande Terre
(c) Grande Cheniere
(d) The Grand Canyon
4. What does Madame Ratignolle think of the Mexicans?
(a) She confuses them with the Spanish.
(b) She knows nothing of them and is very curious.
(c) They are the most delightful people she knows.
(d) They are a treacherous, unscrupulous and revengeful people.
5. Does Robert know that Edna is reading his letters to Mademoiselle Reisz?
(a) No, or he would stop writing
(b) Yes, that is why he keeps writing
(c) Yes but he does not seem to care
(d) It is possible but not clear
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Farival twins perform at the Grand Isle celebration?
2. Mr. Pontellier thinks something's wrong with Edna because:
3. As Edna walks around town, who occupies her thoughts?
4. What do Robert and Edna do before Mr. Pontellier returns to the cottage?
5. Who is Mademoiselle Reisz surprised to see at her doorstep?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)