|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Mrs. Pontellier feel comfortable in the company of Creoles?
(a) Not at all
(b) She does not give it much thought.
(c) Not entirely
2. What is Edna's father's reason for coming to town?
(a) To see some museums
(b) To get a health check-up with Dr. Mandelet
(c) To take Edna away from Leonce
(d) To buy a wedding present for his other daughter
3. Once Mr. Pontellier is asleep, Mrs. Pontellier leaves the room and:
(a) Cries almost uncontrollably
(b) Writes letters to her father
(c) Reads a book
(d) Devises a scheme to move out
4. What does Edna throw at Robert?
(a) A frying pan
(b) A pillow
(c) Her shoe
(d) An orange she plucked from a tree
5. What does the doctor explain about women to Mr. Pontellier?
(a) That they should simply ask women to explain themselves
(b) That they should be locked up
(c) That it will cost a lot to get his explanation
(d) That they cannot be explained
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, according to Madame Ratignolle, was naughty?
2. As they sail to the Cheniere Caminada, how does Edna feel?
3. How does the author describe Edna's feelings for her own children?
4. Who does Edna search for?
5. Whose wedding does Edna refuse to attend?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)