|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Robert ask to perform for Mrs. Pontellier?
(a) Madame Ratignolle
(b) Mr. Pontellier
(c) Mademoiselle Reisz
(d) Madame Lebrun
2. Why is Mr. Pontellier reading a day-old newspaper?
(a) The day's paper has not yet reached the Grande Isle.
(b) He is a slow reader .
(c) He is too cheap to buy the day's paper.
(d) He likes old news, not current news.
3. What does opening up to Madame Ratignolle do for Edna?
(a) It muddles her like wine, or like a first breath of freedom.
(b) She wishes she had a psychiatrist to talk to.
(c) It makes her realize her life is full.
(d) It makes her want to pack up and go home.
4. What had Edna attempted to learn all summer?
(a) How to cook
(b) How to memorize poetry
(c) How to swim
(d) How to fish
5. What kind of woman is Edna not?
(a) A crazy woman
(b) A mean woman
(c) A career woman
(d) A mother-woman
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Edna ask the little Negro girl to wake up?
2. Who does Mr. Pontellier discuss with the doctor?
3. What does Robert say in response to Edna's comment that they have spent the entire day together?
4. As Edna walks around town, who occupies her thoughts?
5. Who has written to Mademoiselle Reisz asking about Edna?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)