|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Pontellier drop in to visit in town one morning?
(a) Madame Lebrun
(b) Madame Ratignolle
(c) Dr. Mandelet
(d) Mademoiselle Reisz
2. What starts to change in Edna this summer at Grande Isle?
(a) The mantel of reservation that had always enveloped her is loosening.
(b) The idea of living here year-round is gaining its appeal.
(c) The mantel of openness that had always enveloped her is tightening.
(d) She longs to have another child.
3. What had Edna attempted to learn all summer?
(a) How to memorize poetry
(b) How to fish
(c) How to cook
(d) How to swim
4. Who is Montel?
(a) A friend of Edna's
(b) A servant at the Lebrun estate
(c) A man who is in love with Madame Lebrun
(d) A celebrity who vacations on the Grande Isle
5. Where is Leonce when Edna returns from the Cheniere?
(a) He is at Klein's.
(b) He is now at the Cheniere.
(c) He went to Madame Antoine's.
(d) He is walking along the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mademoiselle Reisz say is essential to becoming a true artist?
2. Why are there no recent adult photographs of Robert at his mother's home?
3. According to Mademoiselle Reisz, who is Madame Lebrun's favorite child?
4. What worries Mr. Pontellier about this situation?
5. Rather than paint, what does Mr. Pontellier think his wife should be doing?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)