|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Edna at the service?
(a) She starts crying and cannot stop.
(b) She sings too loudly and is told to leave.
(c) She nearly faints and has to leave.
(d) She renounces religion.
2. What announcement does Edna make at Mademoiselle Reisz's?
(a) She is going to start a family with Alcee.
(b) She is going to adopt Mariequita.
(c) She is moving out of her house on Esplanade Street.
(d) She is moving to Paris to study painting.
3. What worries Mr. Pontellier about this situation?
(a) Whether he will be attractive to other women
(b) How it will affect his health
(c) He does not care.
(d) His financial integrity
4. Raoul's condition prompts Mr. Pontellier to accuse his wife of:
(a) Hating him
(b) Giving Raoul the wrong medicine
(c) Neglecting their children
(d) Being a great mother
5. Where is Leonce when Edna returns from the Cheniere?
(a) He went to Madame Antoine's.
(b) He is walking along the beach.
(c) He is at Klein's.
(d) He is now at the Cheniere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mademoiselle Reisz surprised to see at her doorstep?
2. Alone in her room, what does Edna do?
3. Rather than paint, what does Mr. Pontellier think his wife should be doing?
4. What does Mr. Pontellier promise to bring back for his sons?
5. What effect does music generally have on Edna?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)