|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mariequita think of Robert and Edna?
(a) That they have a secret
(b) That they would make good foster parents
(c) That they are sweethearts
(d) That they should separate immediately
2. In retrospect, how does Edna feel about stomping on her wedding ring?
(a) She still cannot believe she did such a thing
(b) Perfectly fine
3. What effect has Alcee had on Edna?
(a) No effect whatsoever
(b) A frigthening effect
(c) A narcotic effect
(d) A subduing effect
4. Why does Edna feel a pang of jealousy toward Madame Lebrun?
(a) She is richer than Edna.
(b) She is a better painter than Edna.
(c) Robert wrote to his mother but not to Edna.
(d) She is more beautiful than Edna.
5. What does opening up to Madame Ratignolle do for Edna?
(a) It muddles her like wine, or like a first breath of freedom.
(b) It makes her realize her life is full.
(c) She wishes she had a psychiatrist to talk to.
(d) It makes her want to pack up and go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Pontellier thinks something's wrong with Edna because:
2. What does Madame Ratignolle do to Edna that she first finds unsettling?
3. What does Adele Ratignolle urge Robert to do?
4. What does Robert do while Mrs. Pontellier paints?
5. What does Edna do that surprises everyone?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)