|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Pontellier send home to his wife while he is away?
(a) A basket filled with wine bottles
(b) A basket filled with exquisite candies and fancy foods
(c) A basket filled with eggs
(d) A basket filled with instructions on how she should behave
2. What happens to Edna at the service?
(a) She nearly faints and has to leave.
(b) She starts crying and cannot stop.
(c) She sings too loudly and is told to leave.
(d) She renounces religion.
3. How does Mrs. Pontellier react when her husband comes home from Klein's?
(a) With great enthusiasm
(b) Surprised that he is home so early
(c) Angry that he is home so late
(d) With little interest
4. The news of Robert's departure upsets Edna so much she goes to:
(a) The neighbor's dinner party
(b) The train station
(c) Her room
(d) The beach
5. What does Edna realize about herself after learning of Robert's departure?
(a) She is experiencing a real infatuation.
(b) She might just take off and join him .
(c) She has always wanted to go to Mexico.
(d) She does not like Robert as much as she thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although they do not talk, what does the author say is happening between Robert and Edna?
2. On the advice of Dr. Mandelet, what does Leonce decide to do?
3. Why does Mr. Pontellier stop reading his newspaper?
4. What does Edna do after her conversation with Mademoiselle Reisz?
5. What had Edna attempted to learn all summer?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)