|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Edna feel upon leaving the Ratignolles?
(a) Eager to go back
(b) Soothed and sleepy
(c) Profoundly changed
(d) Depressed rather than soothed
2. Who does Edna search for?
(a) Victor Lebrun
(c) Mademoiselle Reisz
(d) Madame Antoine
3. How does the author describe Edna's feelings for her own children?
(a) She is not fond of them at all.
(b) She adores them completely.
(c) She is fond of them in an uneven, impulsive way.
(d) She is fond of them because the law says she should be.
4. On the advice of Dr. Mandelet, what does Leonce decide to do?
(a) Not bring her to New York with him
(b) Divorce her
(c) Send her back to Kentucky
(d) Institutionalize her
5. What does Adele Ratignolle urge Robert to do?
(a) To leave Edna Pontellier alone
(b) To get a part-time job
(c) To leave the Grande Isle
(d) To find someone his own age
Short Answer Questions
1. Over whom did Victor and Robert once fight?
2. Of what does Edna speak with authority?
3. Edna's father believes her marriage would be stronger if:
4. Who does Edna ask the little Negro girl to wake up?
5. What does Edna call the piece she often hears Mademoiselle Reisz play?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)