|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Pontellier reading a day-old newspaper?
(a) The day's paper has not yet reached the Grande Isle.
(b) He is too cheap to buy the day's paper.
(c) He likes old news, not current news.
(d) He is a slow reader .
2. Why does Edna feel a pang of jealousy toward Madame Lebrun?
(a) She is richer than Edna.
(b) She is more beautiful than Edna.
(c) Robert wrote to his mother but not to Edna.
(d) She is a better painter than Edna.
3. Who is the embodiment of every womanly grace and charm?
(a) Adele Ratignolle
(c) The Woman in Black
(d) Madame Lebrun
4. When did Robert decide to make this trip?
(a) Months before
(b) He cannot recall.
(c) Last year
(d) That very afternoon, at four o'clock
5. What does opening up to Madame Ratignolle do for Edna?
(a) It makes her want to pack up and go home.
(b) She wishes she had a psychiatrist to talk to.
(c) It muddles her like wine, or like a first breath of freedom.
(d) It makes her realize her life is full.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor explain about women to Mr. Pontellier?
2. What does Edna do that surprises everyone?
3. What does Edna want to do with Madame Ratignolle?
4. Who is very fond of Robert?
5. Why does Robert smoke cigarettes?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)