|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Edna feel a pang of jealousy toward Madame Lebrun?
(a) Robert wrote to his mother but not to Edna.
(b) She is a better painter than Edna.
(c) She is more beautiful than Edna.
(d) She is richer than Edna.
2. Edna gradually awakens, as if from a dream to feel:
(a) Like she should sleep and dream more
(b) That she really is in a dream
(c) The realities pressing into her soul
(d) That it is better to sleep in a real bed
3. What does Mademoiselle Reisz say is essential to becoming a true artist?
(a) A courageous and brave soul
(b) A good education
(c) Passionate experience
(d) Good painting technique
4. Who does Robert ask to perform for Mrs. Pontellier?
(a) Madame Lebrun
(b) Mr. Pontellier
(c) Madame Ratignolle
(d) Mademoiselle Reisz
5. What does Mariequita think of Robert and Edna?
(a) That they are sweethearts
(b) That they have a secret
(c) That they should separate immediately
(d) That they would make good foster parents
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Robert respond to Adele's request?
2. What does Madame Ratignolle mean when she talks about her condition?
3. What does Madame Ratignolle think of the Mexicans?
4. Raoul's condition prompts Mr. Pontellier to accuse his wife of:
5. What does Edna do after her conversation with Mademoiselle Reisz?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)