|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edna call the piece she often hears Mademoiselle Reisz play?
(b) Swinging Blues
2. Does Mademoiselle Reisz's performance affect anyone else?
(a) Only those who know music
(b) It excites the children only.
(c) It excites the adults only.
(d) It arouses everyone.
3. What does Edna do when her husband orders her to come inside?
(a) She suggests they take a walk.
(b) She obeys him instantly.
(c) She refuses to obey him.
(d) She asks if they can get a larger cottage.
4. How does the author describe Edna's feelings for her own children?
(a) She is fond of them in an uneven, impulsive way.
(b) She is fond of them because the law says she should be.
(c) She is not fond of them at all.
(d) She adores them completely.
5. What has Robert done pretty much every summer at Grande Isle?
(a) Gone fishing
(b) He has written a novel.
(c) He would devote himself to one married woman.
(d) He has built a house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Raoul's condition prompts Mr. Pontellier to accuse his wife of:
2. What effect has Alcee had on Edna?
3. Why does Edna cry when she listens to Mademoiselle Reisz play the piano?
4. What does Victor say has changed Edna?
5. What does Edna finally admit to Mademoiselle Reisz?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)