|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does it anger Mr. Pontellier so much that Edna went out on Tuesday?
(a) He has a short fuse.
(b) He hates anything out of the ordinary.
(c) He is actually not that angry but sarcastic.
(d) He thinks it will hurt his business and reputation.
2. What does Madame Ratignolle think of the Mexicans?
(a) She knows nothing of them and is very curious.
(b) She confuses them with the Spanish.
(c) They are a treacherous, unscrupulous and revengeful people.
(d) They are the most delightful people she knows.
3. How does Mrs. Pontellier react when her husband comes home from Klein's?
(a) With great enthusiasm
(b) With little interest
(c) Angry that he is home so late
(d) Surprised that he is home so early
4. What does Leonce believe is a way to become rich?
(a) To keep children in public not private schools
(b) To con people into buying investments they do not need
(c) To make money, not save it
(d) To speculate in real estate
5. What does Edna want to do with Madame Ratignolle?
(a) Start an art business
(b) Start a restaurant
(c) Talk politics
(d) Paint a portrait of her
Short Answer Questions
1. Alone with Edna, what does Alcee show her?
2. Who does Edna ask the little Negro girl to wake up?
3. What had Edna attempted to learn all summer?
4. What does Edna see when Mademoiselle Reisz plays?
5. What happens on Tuesdays in the Pontellier home?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)