|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert talk a great deal about?
(a) His mother
(b) His brother
2. What does Edna do at Madame Antoine's?
(a) She sleeps.
(b) She helps cook.
(c) She reads books.
(d) She cleans the house.
3. What characteristic of the Creoles "impresses" Mrs. Pontellier?
(a) Their ability to drink a lot
(b) Their endurance especially when swimming
(c) Their literary knowledge
(d) Their entire absence of prudery
4. Describe Mrs. Pontellier's eyes.
(a) Green and grayish at the same time
(b) Quick, bright, yellowish brown, about the color of her hair
(c) It is impossible to see her eyes hidden behind sunglasses
(d) Dull, slow, blue like the sky
5. What does Edna throw at Robert?
(a) A pillow
(b) A frying pan
(c) Her shoe
(d) An orange she plucked from a tree
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Madame Antoine:
2. What does Mrs. Pontellier overhear Madame Ratignolle relate to Monsieur Farival in great detail?
3. What news does Edna learn once she joins the others for dinner?
4. How does Madame Ratignolle explain the behavior of the Lebruns?
5. Although they do not talk, what does the author say is happening between Robert and Edna?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)