|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edna call the piece she often hears Mademoiselle Reisz play?
(d) Swinging Blues
2. Why does Edna feel a pang of jealousy toward Madame Lebrun?
(a) She is a better painter than Edna.
(b) She is richer than Edna.
(c) She is more beautiful than Edna.
(d) Robert wrote to his mother but not to Edna.
3. Who is Montel?
(a) A man who is in love with Madame Lebrun
(b) A friend of Edna's
(c) A celebrity who vacations on the Grande Isle
(d) A servant at the Lebrun estate
4. What does Robert do while Mrs. Pontellier paints?
(a) He paints, too.
(b) He tickles her.
(c) He often rests his head on her arm.
(d) He becomes very silent.
5. Who, according to Madame Ratignolle, was naughty?
(b) Etienne, one of Edna's sons
(d) Adele herself
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Mr. Pontellier realizes Edna will not come to bed, what does he do?
2. What characteristic of the Creoles "impresses" Mrs. Pontellier?
3. How does Edna react to the news she learns at dinner?
4. Rather than paint, what does Mr. Pontellier think his wife should be doing?
5. Who is the embodiment of every womanly grace and charm?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)