|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were some of the reasons Edna decided to marry Leonce Pontellier?
(a) He was completely different from her father.
(b) He was wealthy beyond her imagination.
(c) He was irresitibly handsome and charming.
(d) Her father and sister were violently opposed to him.
2. Where is Robert when Edna discovers his plan?
(a) On his way to Mexico
(b) On the beach
(c) In an adjacent room
(d) In the same room
3. What does Edna realize about herself after learning of Robert's departure?
(a) She is experiencing a real infatuation.
(b) She has always wanted to go to Mexico.
(c) She might just take off and join him .
(d) She does not like Robert as much as she thought.
4. What do the Farival twins perform at the Grand Isle celebration?
(a) A scene from La Traviata
(b) A duet from a Puccini opera
(c) A skit they wrote about an evil king
(d) A duet from Zampa on the piano
5. What does Mrs. Pontellier overhear Madame Ratignolle relate to Monsieur Farival in great detail?
(a) Her intimate moments with her husband
(b) Her interest in writing a novel
(c) How to cook a chicken Creole style
(d) One of her accouchements, or, childbirths
Short Answer Questions
1. What starts to change in Edna this summer at Grande Isle?
2. Does Mademoiselle Reisz's performance affect anyone else?
3. Who does Robert ask to perform for Mrs. Pontellier?
4. What does Robert say in response to Edna's comment that they have spent the entire day together?
5. What does Edna do after her conversation with Mademoiselle Reisz?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)