|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Edna go with her sketches?
(a) Madame Ratignolle's house
(b) A flea market
(c) Madame Lebrun's house
(d) The local artist's market
2. How does Madame Ratignolle explain the behavior of the Lebruns?
(a) They are all given to heroics.
(b) Very logical
(c) They are bizarre because they are so bohemian.
3. Was Edna a good swimming student?
(a) No. Robert was frustrated and thought it was futile to teach her.
(b) She was outstanding.
(c) Decent. Robert thought she needed more lessons.
(d) No one has seen her swim, so no one can say.
4. Around what time does Edna finally get up?
(a) About one hour before dawn
(b) Two in the morning
(c) At the same time she always does, seven a.m.
(d) Noon the next day
5. How does Mr. Pontellier view his home?
(a) He wishes it were smaller.
(b) With great pride
(c) With great modesty
(d) He is not one to be interested in a house.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Edna walks around town, who occupies her thoughts?
2. Alone in her room, what does Edna do?
3. What does Madame Ratignolle mean when she talks about her condition?
4. And what does Leonce do when Edna asks him to come to bed?
5. How does Mrs. Pontellier react when her husband comes home from Klein's?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)