|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adele Ratignolle urge Robert to do?
(a) To get a part-time job
(b) To leave the Grande Isle
(c) To leave Edna Pontellier alone
(d) To find someone his own age
2. What were some of the reasons Edna decided to marry Leonce Pontellier?
(a) Her father and sister were violently opposed to him.
(b) He was irresitibly handsome and charming.
(c) He was wealthy beyond her imagination.
(d) He was completely different from her father.
3. Why are there no recent adult photographs of Robert at his mother's home?
(a) He stopped having them taken when he had to pay for them himself.
(b) He has not found a photographer he likes.
(c) He does not like the way he has turned out.
(d) He does not believe in photographs.
4. How has Robert's going away affected Edna?
(a) She is not entirely sure yet.
(b) She feels like she is going mad.
(c) It has taken the brightness, the color, the meaning out of everything.
(d) She has lost her appetite and is losing weight.
5. How does Mr. Pontellier view his home?
(a) With great modesty
(b) He is not one to be interested in a house.
(c) With great pride
(d) He wishes it were smaller.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Edna, her marriage to Leonce Pontellier was purely an:
2. Why is Robert at Grande Isle?
3. Describe Mrs. Pontellier's eyes.
4. What does Leonce believe is a way to become rich?
5. Raoul's condition prompts Mr. Pontellier to accuse his wife of:
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)