|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edna want to do with Madame Ratignolle?
(a) Start a restaurant
(b) Talk politics
(c) Paint a portrait of her
(d) Start an art business
2. Why is Robert at Grande Isle?
(a) He spends every summer vacation there with his mother.
(b) He had heard of it through a friend, thought he should see it.
(c) He likes to spend time with old women.
(d) He is in search of a job.
3. What happens on Tuesdays in the Pontellier home?
(a) It is not different from other days of the week.
(b) It is gardening day so it is very noisy.
(c) It is cleaning day when the housekeeper comes.
(d) It is reception day when people come by for visits.
4. What does Victor say has changed Edna?
(a) Her sense of style
(b) Her new confidence
(c) The city atmosphere
(d) His being around her
5. What is singing in French and a little Spanish?
(a) A fat man
(b) A green and yellow iguana
(c) A green and yellow parrot
(d) A fat lady
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Pontellier stop reading his newspaper?
2. What does Madame Ratignolle mean when she talks about her condition?
3. What does Mrs. Pontellier overhear Madame Ratignolle relate to Monsieur Farival in great detail?
4. Who is the embodiment of every womanly grace and charm?
5. And what does Leonce do when Edna asks him to come to bed?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)