|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Edna react to the news she learns at dinner?
(a) She has no reaction.
(b) She is shocked.
(c) She is delighted.
(d) She is skeptical.
2. On what street do the Pontelliers live?
(a) Esplanade Street
(b) Bourbon Street
(c) Wall Street
(d) Avocado Street
3. What does Mrs. Pontellier overhear Madame Ratignolle relate to Monsieur Farival in great detail?
(a) Her intimate moments with her husband
(b) Her interest in writing a novel
(c) One of her accouchements, or, childbirths
(d) How to cook a chicken Creole style
4. After declining Robert's invitation to go to the beach, how does Edna feel?
(a) She feels sad, because it might the last time he ever asks her.
(b) She feels relieved, because she cannot swim.
(c) She feels contradictory, regretting she had not gone and glad that she had not.
(d) She is glad to be alone and painting
5. Rather than paint, what does Mr. Pontellier think his wife should be doing?
(a) Volunteering at a hospital
(b) Going back to school
(c) Getting a job
(d) Looking after the children and household
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert smoke cigarettes?
2. Why does Edna choose to remain in the hammock?
3. Why is Mr. Pontellier reading a day-old newspaper?
4. What does Robert say in response to Edna's comment that they have spent the entire day together?
5. Raoul's condition prompts Mr. Pontellier to accuse his wife of:
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)