|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edna do when her husband orders her to come inside?
(a) She suggests they take a walk.
(b) She asks if they can get a larger cottage.
(c) She obeys him instantly.
(d) She refuses to obey him.
2. What does Madame Ratignolle beg Robert to do?
(a) Fix her house
(b) Accompany her to the house
(c) Babsyit her children
(d) Start an affair with Edna
3. What news does Edna learn once she joins the others for dinner?
(a) That Robert is actually married to Mariequita
(b) That Robert is going to New York
(c) That Robert is going to Mexico
(d) That Robert is going to Europe
4. In retrospect, how does Edna feel about stomping on her wedding ring?
(a) She still cannot believe she did such a thing
(b) Perfectly fine
5. According to Edna, her marriage to Leonce Pontellier was purely an:
(a) Amiable thing to do
(b) Act of rebellion
(c) Act of convenience
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edna call the piece she often hears Mademoiselle Reisz play?
2. What does Madame Ratignolle think of the Mexicans?
3. Describe Mrs. Pontellier's eyes.
4. What does Robert jokingly say happened to Mrs. Pontellier when she was in the ocean?
5. Alone in her room, what does Edna do?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)