|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edna throw at Robert?
(a) Her shoe
(b) A pillow
(c) An orange she plucked from a tree
(d) A frying pan
2. How does the author describe Edna's feelings for her own children?
(a) She is fond of them in an uneven, impulsive way.
(b) She adores them completely.
(c) She is fond of them because the law says she should be.
(d) She is not fond of them at all.
3. What does Mr. Pontellier send home to his wife while he is away?
(a) A basket filled with exquisite candies and fancy foods
(b) A basket filled with wine bottles
(c) A basket filled with instructions on how she should behave
(d) A basket filled with eggs
4. Who is Montel?
(a) A man who is in love with Madame Lebrun
(b) A celebrity who vacations on the Grande Isle
(c) A friend of Edna's
(d) A servant at the Lebrun estate
5. Although they do not talk, what does the author say is happening between Robert and Edna?
(a) They are feeling the throbbings of desire.
(b) They are allowing anger to fester within themselves.
(c) They have a lot to say but cannot find the right words.
(d) They are learning to be silent around each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Pontellier stop reading his newspaper?
2. What folly has Mrs. Pontellier committed, according to her husband?
3. Describe Mrs. Pontellier's eyes.
4. Who does Edna search for?
5. What does Edna want to do with Madame Ratignolle?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)