|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leonce is so dissatisfied with dinner he leaves to:
(a) Go to the club
(b) Go to see his doctor
(c) Go to a restaurant
(d) Go to the Ratignolles
2. What does Mrs. Pontellier overhear Madame Ratignolle relate to Monsieur Farival in great detail?
(a) How to cook a chicken Creole style
(b) Her intimate moments with her husband
(c) One of her accouchements, or, childbirths
(d) Her interest in writing a novel
3. Does Mademoiselle Reisz's performance affect anyone else?
(a) It excites the children only.
(b) Only those who know music
(c) It excites the adults only.
(d) It arouses everyone.
4. Once Mr. Pontellier realizes Edna will not come to bed, what does he do?
(a) He stays up, drinks wine, and smokes cigars next to her.
(b) He goes out and drinks with this male friends.
(c) He grabs her and carries her upstairs.
(d) He runs to the beach and swims alone.
5. Madame Lebrun remarks that sometimes she thinks Mrs. Pontellier is:
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert jokingly say happened to Mrs. Pontellier when she was in the ocean?
2. Who is the embodiment of every womanly grace and charm?
3. What does Madame Ratignolle mean when she talks about her condition?
4. How does Edna feel upon leaving the Ratignolles?
5. Over whom did Victor and Robert once fight?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)