|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edna do that surprises everyone?
(a) She runs up and down the beach like a madwoman.
(b) She takes surfing lessons.
(c) She jumps into the ocean and swims by herself.
(d) She forces Leonce to swim with her.
2. What does Leonce believe is a way to become rich?
(a) To con people into buying investments they do not need
(b) To make money, not save it
(c) To keep children in public not private schools
(d) To speculate in real estate
3. And what does Leonce do when Edna asks him to come to bed?
(a) He comes immediately.
(b) He stays behind to have another round of wine.
(c) He ignores her and reads the newspaper.
(d) He stays behind to finish smoking his cigar.
4. What does Mrs. Pontellier overhear Madame Ratignolle relate to Monsieur Farival in great detail?
(a) How to cook a chicken Creole style
(b) Her interest in writing a novel
(c) Her intimate moments with her husband
(d) One of her accouchements, or, childbirths
5. Why does it anger Mr. Pontellier so much that Edna went out on Tuesday?
(a) He hates anything out of the ordinary.
(b) He has a short fuse.
(c) He is actually not that angry but sarcastic.
(d) He thinks it will hurt his business and reputation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Robert respond to Adele's request?
2. What does Mademoiselle Reisz say to Edna after her performance?
3. What does opening up to Madame Ratignolle do for Edna?
4. What is singing in French and a little Spanish?
5. How soon will Robert depart?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)