|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Edna, her marriage to Leonce Pontellier was purely an:
(a) Amiable thing to do
(b) Act of rebellion
(d) Act of convenience
2. How does Edna react to the news she learns at dinner?
(a) She is shocked.
(b) She is delighted.
(c) She is skeptical.
(d) She has no reaction.
3. Does Mademoiselle Reisz's performance affect anyone else?
(a) It excites the children only.
(b) Only those who know music
(c) It arouses everyone.
(d) It excites the adults only.
4. What happens on Tuesdays in the Pontellier home?
(a) It is not different from other days of the week.
(b) It is reception day when people come by for visits.
(c) It is cleaning day when the housekeeper comes.
(d) It is gardening day so it is very noisy.
5. Who, according to Madame Ratignolle, was naughty?
(c) Adele herself
(d) Etienne, one of Edna's sons
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edna see when Mademoiselle Reisz plays?
2. How does Mrs. Pontellier react when her husband comes home from Klein's?
3. What happens to Edna at the service?
4. What is singing in French and a little Spanish?
5. What does Mademoiselle Reisz say to Edna after her performance?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)