|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Was Edna a good swimming student?
(a) No. Robert was frustrated and thought it was futile to teach her.
(b) She was outstanding.
(c) No one has seen her swim, so no one can say.
(d) Decent. Robert thought she needed more lessons.
2. What do the Farival twins perform at the Grand Isle celebration?
(a) A duet from Zampa on the piano
(b) A scene from La Traviata
(c) A duet from a Puccini opera
(d) A skit they wrote about an evil king
3. What were some of the reasons Edna decided to marry Leonce Pontellier?
(a) He was completely different from her father.
(b) Her father and sister were violently opposed to him.
(c) He was wealthy beyond her imagination.
(d) He was irresitibly handsome and charming.
4. Why does Robert smoke cigarettes?
(a) He thinks it makes him look good.
(b) He cannot afford pipes.
(c) No particular reasons
(d) He cannot afford cigars.
5. Who is very fond of Robert?
(a) No one. Everyone dislikes him.
(b) The church parishoners
(c) The Pontellier children
(d) His mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are there no recent adult photographs of Robert at his mother's home?
2. How does Robert respond to Adele's request?
3. Why does Mr. Pontellier stop reading his newspaper?
4. When talking to both Adele and Edna, Robert is jovial and jokes often. Is he this way when alone with Edna?
5. How does Madame Ratignolle explain the behavior of the Lebruns?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)