|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What folly has Mrs. Pontellier committed, according to her husband?
(a) She has taken swimming lessons .
(b) She has bathed at a bad time.
(c) She has bought an ugly swimsuit.
(d) She is under a white sunshade when a black one would be better.
2. Why is Robert at Grande Isle?
(a) He spends every summer vacation there with his mother.
(b) He had heard of it through a friend, thought he should see it.
(c) He likes to spend time with old women.
(d) He is in search of a job.
3. When talking to both Adele and Edna, Robert is jovial and jokes often. Is he this way when alone with Edna?
(a) The author gives few clues as to how he behaves when alone with Edna.
(b) It depends on whether her husband is in the room.
(c) No, he is not.
(d) Yes, he is.
4. As they sail to the Cheniere Caminada, how does Edna feel?
(a) Sick to her stomach
(c) Eager to experience a religious awakening
(d) She feels she is being liberated.
5. What kind of woman is Edna not?
(a) A mother-woman
(b) A mean woman
(c) A career woman
(d) A crazy woman
Short Answer Questions
1. And what does Leonce do when Edna asks him to come to bed?
2. Where does Robert suggest he and Edna go the next day?
3. Where is Robert when Edna discovers his plan?
4. Where does Edna go with her sketches?
5. How does Victor Lebrun describe Edna?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)