|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mademoiselle Reisz say to Edna after her performance?
(a) Edna is the only one worth playing for.
(b) She would have preferred playing the violin.
(c) It is the last time she will perform for anyone.
(d) She should have chosen a different tune.
2. What folly has Mrs. Pontellier committed, according to her husband?
(a) She has taken swimming lessons .
(b) She has bought an ugly swimsuit.
(c) She has bathed at a bad time.
(d) She is under a white sunshade when a black one would be better.
3. Why are there no recent adult photographs of Robert at his mother's home?
(a) He has not found a photographer he likes.
(b) He does not like the way he has turned out.
(c) He does not believe in photographs.
(d) He stopped having them taken when he had to pay for them himself.
4. What characteristic of the Creoles "impresses" Mrs. Pontellier?
(a) Their entire absence of prudery
(b) Their endurance especially when swimming
(c) Their literary knowledge
(d) Their ability to drink a lot
5. Where is Mr. Pontellier eager to go the next day?
(a) Easy Street, to open a bar
(b) Bourbon Street, the heart of New Orleans
(c) Wall Street, to conduct business
(d) Carondelet Street, the business center of the city
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Mrs. Pontellier feel comfortable in the company of Creoles?
2. What starts to change in Edna this summer at Grande Isle?
3. Mrs. Pontellier talks about:
4. Where will Montel be next month?
5. Why is Robert at Grande Isle?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)