|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adele Ratignolle urge Robert to do?
(a) To leave Edna Pontellier alone
(b) To get a part-time job
(c) To find someone his own age
(d) To leave the Grande Isle
2. According to Mademoiselle Reisz, who is Madame Lebrun's favorite child?
(b) Neither son, she loves them equally
(d) A third son who goes unnamed in this novel
3. Why does Robert smoke cigarettes?
(a) He cannot afford cigars.
(b) No particular reasons
(c) He thinks it makes him look good.
(d) He cannot afford pipes.
4. What is singing in French and a little Spanish?
(a) A fat lady
(b) A fat man
(c) A green and yellow parrot
(d) A green and yellow iguana
5. Mrs. Pontellier talks about:
(a) Her children
(b) Her husband's business, their house on Esplanade Street
(c) The weather
(d) Her father's Mississippi plantation, Kentucky, and her sister's engagement
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Mrs. Pontellier's eyes.
2. Once Mr. Pontellier is asleep, Mrs. Pontellier leaves the room and:
3. Once Mr. Pontellier realizes Edna will not come to bed, what does he do?
4. Over whom did Victor and Robert once fight?
5. What does Robert do while Mrs. Pontellier paints?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)