|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mr. Pontellier eager to go the next day?
(a) Wall Street, to conduct business
(b) Bourbon Street, the heart of New Orleans
(c) Carondelet Street, the business center of the city
(d) Easy Street, to open a bar
2. According to Edna, her marriage to Leonce Pontellier was purely an:
(a) Act of convenience
(b) Act of rebellion
(c) Amiable thing to do
3. Edna wonders how many years she has slept. Robert says:
(a) You have slept exactly one hundred minutes.
(b) You have slept precisely one hundred years.
(c) About half an hour
(d) An entire day
4. What characteristic of the Creoles "impresses" Mrs. Pontellier?
(a) Their ability to drink a lot
(b) Their entire absence of prudery
(c) Their endurance especially when swimming
(d) Their literary knowledge
5. What does Edna call the piece she often hears Mademoiselle Reisz play?
(d) Swinging Blues
Short Answer Questions
1. Who approaches Mr. Pontellier underneath a white sunshade?
2. What does Madame Ratignolle think of the Mexicans?
3. When talking to both Adele and Edna, Robert is jovial and jokes often. Is he this way when alone with Edna?
4. Once Mr. Pontellier is asleep, Mrs. Pontellier leaves the room and:
5. How soon will Robert depart?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)