|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Robert smoke cigarettes?
(a) He cannot afford pipes.
(b) No particular reasons
(c) He cannot afford cigars.
(d) He thinks it makes him look good.
2. What does Robert talk a great deal about?
(a) His mother
(d) His brother
3. Who approaches Mr. Pontellier underneath a white sunshade?
(a) Robert LeBrun and his wife
(b) The local priest
(c) His wife, Mrs. Edna Pontellier and the young Robert Lebrun
(d) Madame Lebrun and her son Robert
4. What does Edna do at Madame Antoine's?
(a) She sleeps.
(b) She cleans the house.
(c) She helps cook.
(d) She reads books.
5. Describe Mrs. Pontellier's eyes.
(a) Dull, slow, blue like the sky
(b) Quick, bright, yellowish brown, about the color of her hair
(c) It is impossible to see her eyes hidden behind sunglasses
(d) Green and grayish at the same time
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Pontellier stop reading his newspaper?
2. Why are there no recent adult photographs of Robert at his mother's home?
3. Where does Robert take Edna to recover?
4. What news does Edna learn once she joins the others for dinner?
5. What does Mademoiselle Reisz say to Edna after her performance?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)