|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Mademoiselle Reisz's performance affect anyone else?
(a) Only those who know music
(b) It arouses everyone.
(c) It excites the adults only.
(d) It excites the children only.
2. When talking to both Adele and Edna, Robert is jovial and jokes often. Is he this way when alone with Edna?
(a) The author gives few clues as to how he behaves when alone with Edna.
(b) Yes, he is.
(c) No, he is not.
(d) It depends on whether her husband is in the room.
3. What had Edna attempted to learn all summer?
(a) How to memorize poetry
(b) How to cook
(c) How to fish
(d) How to swim
4. How does the author describe Edna's feelings for her own children?
(a) She adores them completely.
(b) She is fond of them in an uneven, impulsive way.
(c) She is fond of them because the law says she should be.
(d) She is not fond of them at all.
5. Why is Mr. Pontellier reading a day-old newspaper?
(a) He likes old news, not current news.
(b) He is a slow reader .
(c) The day's paper has not yet reached the Grande Isle.
(d) He is too cheap to buy the day's paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Edna thinks her husband's bad humor is because of:
2. What do Robert and Edna do before Mr. Pontellier returns to the cottage?
3. What does Edna do that surprises everyone?
4. What does Robert jokingly say happened to Mrs. Pontellier when she was in the ocean?
5. What does Mademoiselle Reisz say to Edna after her performance?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)