|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Mademoiselle Reisz's performance affect anyone else?
(a) It excites the children only.
(b) It excites the adults only.
(c) Only those who know music
(d) It arouses everyone.
2. What effect does music generally have on Edna?
(a) None. She hates music.
(b) It has a way of evoking pictures in her mind.
(c) It has a way of making her anxious.
(d) Sedative. It makes her sleepy.
3. Who, according to Madame Ratignolle, was naughty?
(b) Adele herself
(d) Etienne, one of Edna's sons
4. Who does Robert ask to perform for Mrs. Pontellier?
(a) Madame Ratignolle
(b) Mr. Pontellier
(c) Mademoiselle Reisz
(d) Madame Lebrun
5. What does Madame Ratignolle do to Edna that she first finds unsettling?
(a) She speaks to Edna in a very mean tone.
(b) She is very physically affectionate.
(c) She rubs Edna's belly whenever she wants to.
(d) She never looks Edna in the eye when speaking to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Edna gradually awakens, as if from a dream to feel:
2. What does Mr. Pontellier send home to his wife while he is away?
3. When did Robert decide to make this trip?
4. What is Edna realizing about herself?
5. What does Robert say in response to Edna's comment that they have spent the entire day together?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)