|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What starts to change in Edna this summer at Grande Isle?
(a) The idea of living here year-round is gaining its appeal.
(b) The mantel of openness that had always enveloped her is tightening.
(c) She longs to have another child.
(d) The mantel of reservation that had always enveloped her is loosening.
2. Why does Edna feel a pang of jealousy toward Madame Lebrun?
(a) She is a better painter than Edna.
(b) Robert wrote to his mother but not to Edna.
(c) She is richer than Edna.
(d) She is more beautiful than Edna.
3. Raoul's condition prompts Mr. Pontellier to accuse his wife of:
(a) Neglecting their children
(b) Giving Raoul the wrong medicine
(c) Hating him
(d) Being a great mother
4. What effect does music generally have on Edna?
(a) None. She hates music.
(b) It has a way of making her anxious.
(c) Sedative. It makes her sleepy.
(d) It has a way of evoking pictures in her mind.
5. What does Mr. Pontellier promise to bring back for his sons?
(a) Ice cream
(b) Candies and walnuts
(c) Bourbon balls
(d) Bonbons and peanuts
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edna do that surprises everyone?
2. What does Edna do after her conversation with Mademoiselle Reisz?
3. What does Edna call the piece she often hears Mademoiselle Reisz play?
4. What does Edna do when her husband orders her to come inside?
5. What does Robert say in response to Edna's comment that they have spent the entire day together?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)