|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Mr. Pontellier realizes Edna will not come to bed, what does he do?
(a) He grabs her and carries her upstairs.
(b) He stays up, drinks wine, and smokes cigars next to her.
(c) He runs to the beach and swims alone.
(d) He goes out and drinks with this male friends.
2. Why does Edna choose to remain in the hammock?
(a) She feels that her will had blazed up, stubborn and resistant.
(b) She likes the salty air.
(c) She has always preferred hammocks to beds.
(d) She thinks it may make Leonce romantic.
3. What does Mademoiselle Reisz say to Edna after her performance?
(a) She would have preferred playing the violin.
(b) It is the last time she will perform for anyone.
(c) She should have chosen a different tune.
(d) Edna is the only one worth playing for.
4. According to Mademoiselle Reisz, who is Madame Lebrun's favorite child?
(a) A third son who goes unnamed in this novel
(c) Neither son, she loves them equally
5. Where is Robert when Edna discovers his plan?
(a) In an adjacent room
(b) On the beach
(c) On his way to Mexico
(d) In the same room
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Robert decide to make this trip?
2. And what does Leonce do when Edna asks him to come to bed?
3. Over whom did Victor and Robert once fight?
4. What does Mr. Pontellier send home to his wife while he is away?
5. As they sail to the Cheniere Caminada, how does Edna feel?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)