|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Madame Ratignolle explain the behavior of the Lebruns?
(a) They are bizarre because they are so bohemian.
(b) They are all given to heroics.
(c) Very logical
2. As they sail to the Cheniere Caminada, how does Edna feel?
(a) Sick to her stomach
(c) Eager to experience a religious awakening
(d) She feels she is being liberated.
3. Raoul's condition prompts Mr. Pontellier to accuse his wife of:
(a) Neglecting their children
(b) Being a great mother
(c) Hating him
(d) Giving Raoul the wrong medicine
4. How has Robert's going away affected Edna?
(a) She feels like she is going mad.
(b) She is not entirely sure yet.
(c) She has lost her appetite and is losing weight.
(d) It has taken the brightness, the color, the meaning out of everything.
5. What does Mr. Pontellier send home to his wife while he is away?
(a) A basket filled with instructions on how she should behave
(b) A basket filled with exquisite candies and fancy foods
(c) A basket filled with wine bottles
(d) A basket filled with eggs
Short Answer Questions
1. Over whom did Victor and Robert once fight?
2. Madame Lebrun remarks that sometimes she thinks Mrs. Pontellier is:
3. Edna wonders how many years she has slept. Robert says:
4. Where is Leonce when Edna returns from the Cheniere?
5. What does Edna do after her conversation with Mademoiselle Reisz?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)