|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is very fond of Robert?
(a) The church parishoners
(b) No one. Everyone dislikes him.
(c) His mother
(d) The Pontellier children
2. What does Edna do when her husband orders her to come inside?
(a) She refuses to obey him.
(b) She asks if they can get a larger cottage.
(c) She suggests they take a walk.
(d) She obeys him instantly.
3. Why is Mr. Pontellier reading a day-old newspaper?
(a) He is a slow reader .
(b) He is too cheap to buy the day's paper.
(c) The day's paper has not yet reached the Grande Isle.
(d) He likes old news, not current news.
4. What news does Edna learn once she joins the others for dinner?
(a) That Robert is going to Mexico
(b) That Robert is going to Europe
(c) That Robert is going to New York
(d) That Robert is actually married to Mariequita
5. Over whom did Victor and Robert once fight?
(a) A married woman on the Grande Isle
(c) Mariequita, the Spanish girl
(d) A girl they went to school with
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Robert done pretty much every summer at Grande Isle?
2. When talking to both Adele and Edna, Robert is jovial and jokes often. Is he this way when alone with Edna?
3. How has Robert's going away affected Edna?
4. The news of Robert's departure upsets Edna so much she goes to:
5. Does Mademoiselle Reisz's performance affect anyone else?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)