|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert jokingly say happened to Mrs. Pontellier when she was in the ocean?
(a) No one watched her because they knew she was a good swimmer.
(b) A spirit rose from the Gulf and found her.
(c) She looked like a shark.
(d) He never jokes.
2. Where is Robert when Edna discovers his plan?
(a) In the same room
(b) On the beach
(c) In an adjacent room
(d) On his way to Mexico
3. What does Robert talk a great deal about?
(c) His mother
(d) His brother
4. How does the author describe Edna's feelings for her own children?
(a) She is fond of them in an uneven, impulsive way.
(b) She adores them completely.
(c) She is not fond of them at all.
(d) She is fond of them because the law says she should be.
5. How soon will Robert depart?
(a) That night
(b) In a fortnight
(c) The next day
(d) Within minutes
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Pontellier checks in on his sons, he thinks that Raoul has:
2. Does Mademoiselle Reisz's performance affect anyone else?
3. Where does Robert take Edna to recover?
4. Why does Mr. Pontellier stop reading his newspaper?
5. What does Madame Ratignolle think of the Mexicans?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)