|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After declining Robert's invitation to go to the beach, how does Edna feel?
(a) She feels contradictory, regretting she had not gone and glad that she had not.
(b) She feels relieved, because she cannot swim.
(c) She is glad to be alone and painting
(d) She feels sad, because it might the last time he ever asks her.
2. Edna gradually awakens, as if from a dream to feel:
(a) Like she should sleep and dream more
(b) That she really is in a dream
(c) The realities pressing into her soul
(d) That it is better to sleep in a real bed
3. How soon will Robert depart?
(a) The next day
(b) That night
(c) In a fortnight
(d) Within minutes
4. Why does Robert smoke cigarettes?
(a) No particular reasons
(b) He thinks it makes him look good.
(c) He cannot afford cigars.
(d) He cannot afford pipes.
5. Describe Mrs. Pontellier's eyes.
(a) Dull, slow, blue like the sky
(b) It is impossible to see her eyes hidden behind sunglasses
(c) Green and grayish at the same time
(d) Quick, bright, yellowish brown, about the color of her hair
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Pontellier react when her husband comes home from Klein's?
2. What do Robert and Edna do before Mr. Pontellier returns to the cottage?
3. What does Mademoiselle Reisz say to Edna after her performance?
4. According to Mademoiselle Reisz, who is Madame Lebrun's favorite child?
5. What happens to Edna at the service?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)