|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Pontellier talks about:
(a) Her father's Mississippi plantation, Kentucky, and her sister's engagement
(b) Her children
(c) The weather
(d) Her husband's business, their house on Esplanade Street
2. Madame Lebrun remarks that sometimes she thinks Mrs. Pontellier is:
3. What does Madame Ratignolle beg Robert to do?
(a) Babsyit her children
(b) Fix her house
(c) Start an affair with Edna
(d) Accompany her to the house
4. Why is Robert at Grande Isle?
(a) He spends every summer vacation there with his mother.
(b) He had heard of it through a friend, thought he should see it.
(c) He is in search of a job.
(d) He likes to spend time with old women.
5. Although they do not talk, what does the author say is happening between Robert and Edna?
(a) They are feeling the throbbings of desire.
(b) They have a lot to say but cannot find the right words.
(c) They are learning to be silent around each other.
(d) They are allowing anger to fester within themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mademoiselle Reisz say to Edna after her performance?
2. Edna wonders how many years she has slept. Robert says:
3. Why does Robert smoke cigarettes?
4. How does Edna react to the news she learns at dinner?
5. Who does Robert ask to perform for Mrs. Pontellier?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)