|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edna realize about herself after learning of Robert's departure?
(a) She might just take off and join him .
(b) She is experiencing a real infatuation.
(c) She has always wanted to go to Mexico.
(d) She does not like Robert as much as she thought.
2. Where is Robert when Edna discovers his plan?
(a) In the same room
(b) On the beach
(c) In an adjacent room
(d) On his way to Mexico
3. Madame Lebrun remarks that sometimes she thinks Mrs. Pontellier is:
4. What do the Farival twins perform at the Grand Isle celebration?
(a) A duet from Zampa on the piano
(b) A skit they wrote about an evil king
(c) A duet from a Puccini opera
(d) A scene from La Traviata
5. How has Robert's going away affected Edna?
(a) It has taken the brightness, the color, the meaning out of everything.
(b) She feels like she is going mad.
(c) She has lost her appetite and is losing weight.
(d) She is not entirely sure yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Edna at the service?
2. Who does Edna ask the little Negro girl to wake up?
3. According to Mademoiselle Reisz, who is Madame Lebrun's favorite child?
4. What effect does music generally have on Edna?
5. Why is Mr. Pontellier reading a day-old newspaper?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)