|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edna see when Mademoiselle Reisz plays?
(a) Herself playing the piano
(b) Her life unfold like a beautiful flower
(c) Nothing. But she feels passions that make her choke with tears.
(d) The future in gross detail
2. Was Edna a good swimming student?
(a) No. Robert was frustrated and thought it was futile to teach her.
(b) Decent. Robert thought she needed more lessons.
(c) No one has seen her swim, so no one can say.
(d) She was outstanding.
3. Describe Mrs. Pontellier's eyes.
(a) Dull, slow, blue like the sky
(b) Quick, bright, yellowish brown, about the color of her hair
(c) It is impossible to see her eyes hidden behind sunglasses
(d) Green and grayish at the same time
4. What do Robert and Edna do before Mr. Pontellier returns to the cottage?
(a) They debate the merits of American literature.
(b) She sits in the hammock and Robert smokes, in silence.
(c) They play games with the children.
(d) They bake a pie together.
5. What does Robert talk a great deal about?
(c) His brother
(d) His mother
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Robert done pretty much every summer at Grande Isle?
2. How does Edna react to the news she learns at dinner?
3. What does Edna do after her conversation with Mademoiselle Reisz?
4. When Mr. Pontellier checks in on his sons, he thinks that Raoul has:
5. Describe Madame Antoine:
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)