|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over whom did Victor and Robert once fight?
(a) Mariequita, the Spanish girl
(c) A married woman on the Grande Isle
(d) A girl they went to school with
2. What effect does music generally have on Edna?
(a) Sedative. It makes her sleepy.
(b) It has a way of evoking pictures in her mind.
(c) None. She hates music.
(d) It has a way of making her anxious.
3. How does Madame Ratignolle explain the behavior of the Lebruns?
(a) They are bizarre because they are so bohemian.
(b) Very logical
(d) They are all given to heroics.
4. Although they do not talk, what does the author say is happening between Robert and Edna?
(a) They have a lot to say but cannot find the right words.
(b) They are learning to be silent around each other.
(c) They are allowing anger to fester within themselves.
(d) They are feeling the throbbings of desire.
5. What is Madame Antoine cooking for dinner?
(d) Mullet, a type of fish
Short Answer Questions
1. When talking to both Adele and Edna, Robert is jovial and jokes often. Is he this way when alone with Edna?
2. How does Mrs. Pontellier react when her husband comes home from Klein's?
3. Why does Edna choose to remain in the hammock?
4. Was Edna a good swimming student?
5. Madame Lebrun remarks that sometimes she thinks Mrs. Pontellier is:
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)