|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mr. Pontellier eager to go the next day?
(a) Wall Street, to conduct business
(b) Easy Street, to open a bar
(c) Bourbon Street, the heart of New Orleans
(d) Carondelet Street, the business center of the city
2. Who approaches Mr. Pontellier underneath a white sunshade?
(a) His wife, Mrs. Edna Pontellier and the young Robert Lebrun
(b) Madame Lebrun and her son Robert
(c) Robert LeBrun and his wife
(d) The local priest
3. What does Madame Ratignolle mean when she talks about her condition?
(a) Her pregnancy
(b) Her relationship with her husband
(c) Her illness
(d) Her situation in life
4. What does Robert do while Mrs. Pontellier paints?
(a) He becomes very silent.
(b) He paints, too.
(c) He often rests his head on her arm.
(d) He tickles her.
5. What does Robert jokingly say happened to Mrs. Pontellier when she was in the ocean?
(a) He never jokes.
(b) No one watched her because they knew she was a good swimmer.
(c) A spirit rose from the Gulf and found her.
(d) She looked like a shark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does music generally have on Edna?
2. What had Edna attempted to learn all summer?
3. Describe Mrs. Pontellier's eyes.
4. What does opening up to Madame Ratignolle do for Edna?
5. What does Robert talk a great deal about?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)