|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were some of the reasons Edna decided to marry Leonce Pontellier?
(a) He was wealthy beyond her imagination.
(b) He was completely different from her father.
(c) He was irresitibly handsome and charming.
(d) Her father and sister were violently opposed to him.
2. What does Madame Ratignolle beg Robert to do?
(a) Accompany her to the house
(b) Fix her house
(c) Start an affair with Edna
(d) Babsyit her children
3. How does Robert respond to Adele's request?
(a) He writes a list of reasons why he should do as he pleases.
(b) He playfully ignores her request and accuses her of being jealous.
(c) He is taken aback at how serious and persistent she is.
(d) He takes it into serious consideration.
4. What characteristic of the Creoles "impresses" Mrs. Pontellier?
(a) Their endurance especially when swimming
(b) Their ability to drink a lot
(c) Their literary knowledge
(d) Their entire absence of prudery
5. What does Madame Ratignolle do to Edna that she first finds unsettling?
(a) She is very physically affectionate.
(b) She speaks to Edna in a very mean tone.
(c) She never looks Edna in the eye when speaking to her.
(d) She rubs Edna's belly whenever she wants to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although they do not talk, what does the author say is happening between Robert and Edna?
2. Describe Mrs. Pontellier's eyes.
3. What does Mr. Pontellier send home to his wife while he is away?
4. What folly has Mrs. Pontellier committed, according to her husband?
5. How does Mrs. Pontellier react when her husband comes home from Klein's?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)