|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of woman is Edna not?
(a) A crazy woman
(b) A career woman
(c) A mother-woman
(d) A mean woman
2. What does Mr. Pontellier send home to his wife while he is away?
(a) A basket filled with instructions on how she should behave
(b) A basket filled with eggs
(c) A basket filled with exquisite candies and fancy foods
(d) A basket filled with wine bottles
3. What were some of the reasons Edna decided to marry Leonce Pontellier?
(a) He was wealthy beyond her imagination.
(b) Her father and sister were violently opposed to him.
(c) He was completely different from her father.
(d) He was irresitibly handsome and charming.
4. What starts to change in Edna this summer at Grande Isle?
(a) The mantel of openness that had always enveloped her is tightening.
(b) The idea of living here year-round is gaining its appeal.
(c) The mantel of reservation that had always enveloped her is loosening.
(d) She longs to have another child.
5. What does Adele Ratignolle urge Robert to do?
(a) To leave the Grande Isle
(b) To leave Edna Pontellier alone
(c) To find someone his own age
(d) To get a part-time job
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert smoke cigarettes?
2. Mrs. Pontellier talks about:
3. Raoul's condition prompts Mr. Pontellier to accuse his wife of:
4. What is Edna realizing about herself?
5. Does Mademoiselle Reisz's performance affect anyone else?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)