|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although they do not talk, what does the author say is happening between Robert and Edna?
(a) They are feeling the throbbings of desire.
(b) They have a lot to say but cannot find the right words.
(c) They are allowing anger to fester within themselves.
(d) They are learning to be silent around each other.
2. What does Madame Ratignolle mean when she talks about her condition?
(a) Her pregnancy
(b) Her illness
(c) Her relationship with her husband
(d) Her situation in life
3. Why is Robert at Grande Isle?
(a) He spends every summer vacation there with his mother.
(b) He likes to spend time with old women.
(c) He is in search of a job.
(d) He had heard of it through a friend, thought he should see it.
4. What does Mrs. Pontellier overhear Madame Ratignolle relate to Monsieur Farival in great detail?
(a) Her intimate moments with her husband
(b) How to cook a chicken Creole style
(c) Her interest in writing a novel
(d) One of her accouchements, or, childbirths
5. According to Edna, her marriage to Leonce Pontellier was purely an:
(a) Act of convenience
(b) Act of rebellion
(c) Amiable thing to do
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Pontellier checks in on his sons, he thinks that Raoul has:
2. What does Robert talk a great deal about?
3. Once Mr. Pontellier is asleep, Mrs. Pontellier leaves the room and:
4. What is Edna realizing about herself?
5. Who does Robert ask to perform for Mrs. Pontellier?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)