|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Raoul's condition prompts Mr. Pontellier to accuse his wife of:
(a) Neglecting their children
(b) Being a great mother
(c) Hating him
(d) Giving Raoul the wrong medicine
2. What does Robert talk a great deal about?
(a) His mother
(b) His brother
3. After declining Robert's invitation to go to the beach, how does Edna feel?
(a) She feels relieved, because she cannot swim.
(b) She is glad to be alone and painting
(c) She feels contradictory, regretting she had not gone and glad that she had not.
(d) She feels sad, because it might the last time he ever asks her.
4. What does Mrs. Pontellier overhear Madame Ratignolle relate to Monsieur Farival in great detail?
(a) Her intimate moments with her husband
(b) Her interest in writing a novel
(c) One of her accouchements, or, childbirths
(d) How to cook a chicken Creole style
5. What does Robert do while Mrs. Pontellier paints?
(a) He tickles her.
(b) He becomes very silent.
(c) He often rests his head on her arm.
(d) He paints, too.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Mr. Pontellier is asleep, Mrs. Pontellier leaves the room and:
2. Although they do not talk, what does the author say is happening between Robert and Edna?
3. What does Madame Ratignolle mean when she talks about her condition?
4. Who approaches Mr. Pontellier underneath a white sunshade?
5. Who does Robert ask to perform for Mrs. Pontellier?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)