|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although they do not talk, what does the author say is happening between Robert and Edna?
(a) They are feeling the throbbings of desire.
(b) They are learning to be silent around each other.
(c) They have a lot to say but cannot find the right words.
(d) They are allowing anger to fester within themselves.
2. What does Mr. Pontellier send home to his wife while he is away?
(a) A basket filled with wine bottles
(b) A basket filled with eggs
(c) A basket filled with exquisite candies and fancy foods
(d) A basket filled with instructions on how she should behave
3. What is Edna realizing about herself?
(a) That she likes Victor, not Robert
(b) That her children are a massive burden
(c) That she has some emotions for Robert
(d) That she hates her husband
4. What characteristic of the Creoles "impresses" Mrs. Pontellier?
(a) Their ability to drink a lot
(b) Their entire absence of prudery
(c) Their literary knowledge
(d) Their endurance especially when swimming
5. Does Mademoiselle Reisz's performance affect anyone else?
(a) It excites the adults only.
(b) It excites the children only.
(c) It arouses everyone.
(d) Only those who know music
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Pontellier talks about:
2. What does Madame Ratignolle beg Robert to do?
3. What were some of the reasons Edna decided to marry Leonce Pontellier?
4. What had Edna attempted to learn all summer?
5. What has Robert done pretty much every summer at Grande Isle?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)