|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert jokingly say happened to Mrs. Pontellier when she was in the ocean?
(a) No one watched her because they knew she was a good swimmer.
(b) He never jokes.
(c) A spirit rose from the Gulf and found her.
(d) She looked like a shark.
2. What were some of the reasons Edna decided to marry Leonce Pontellier?
(a) He was completely different from her father.
(b) He was irresitibly handsome and charming.
(c) Her father and sister were violently opposed to him.
(d) He was wealthy beyond her imagination.
3. What does Adele Ratignolle urge Robert to do?
(a) To leave the Grande Isle
(b) To leave Edna Pontellier alone
(c) To get a part-time job
(d) To find someone his own age
4. What does Madame Ratignolle do to Edna that she first finds unsettling?
(a) She rubs Edna's belly whenever she wants to.
(b) She speaks to Edna in a very mean tone.
(c) She never looks Edna in the eye when speaking to her.
(d) She is very physically affectionate.
5. Who does Robert ask to perform for Mrs. Pontellier?
(a) Mr. Pontellier
(b) Madame Ratignolle
(c) Mademoiselle Reisz
(d) Madame Lebrun
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Edna, her marriage to Leonce Pontellier was purely an:
2. When Mr. Pontellier checks in on his sons, he thinks that Raoul has:
3. What kind of woman is Edna not?
4. Who is Montel?
5. Describe Mrs. Pontellier's eyes.
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)