|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Raoul's condition prompts Mr. Pontellier to accuse his wife of:
(a) Hating him
(b) Being a great mother
(c) Giving Raoul the wrong medicine
(d) Neglecting their children
2. According to Edna, her marriage to Leonce Pontellier was purely an:
(b) Act of convenience
(c) Amiable thing to do
(d) Act of rebellion
3. Does Mademoiselle Reisz's performance affect anyone else?
(a) It excites the children only.
(b) It excites the adults only.
(c) Only those who know music
(d) It arouses everyone.
4. What does Robert jokingly say happened to Mrs. Pontellier when she was in the ocean?
(a) No one watched her because they knew she was a good swimmer.
(b) She looked like a shark.
(c) He never jokes.
(d) A spirit rose from the Gulf and found her.
5. What does Madame Ratignolle mean when she talks about her condition?
(a) Her illness
(b) Her situation in life
(c) Her pregnancy
(d) Her relationship with her husband
Short Answer Questions
1. What is singing in French and a little Spanish?
2. When Mr. Pontellier checks in on his sons, he thinks that Raoul has:
3. What does opening up to Madame Ratignolle do for Edna?
4. Was Edna a good swimming student?
5. What had Edna attempted to learn all summer?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)