|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madame Ratignolle beg Robert to do?
(a) Start an affair with Edna
(b) Babsyit her children
(c) Accompany her to the house
(d) Fix her house
2. Describe Mrs. Pontellier's eyes.
(a) It is impossible to see her eyes hidden behind sunglasses
(b) Quick, bright, yellowish brown, about the color of her hair
(c) Green and grayish at the same time
(d) Dull, slow, blue like the sky
3. What folly has Mrs. Pontellier committed, according to her husband?
(a) She has taken swimming lessons .
(b) She has bought an ugly swimsuit.
(c) She is under a white sunshade when a black one would be better.
(d) She has bathed at a bad time.
4. What starts to change in Edna this summer at Grande Isle?
(a) The idea of living here year-round is gaining its appeal.
(b) She longs to have another child.
(c) The mantel of reservation that had always enveloped her is loosening.
(d) The mantel of openness that had always enveloped her is tightening.
5. Madame Lebrun remarks that sometimes she thinks Mrs. Pontellier is:
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madame Ratignolle mean when she talks about her condition?
2. What does Edna call the piece she often hears Mademoiselle Reisz play?
3. What does Edna see when Mademoiselle Reisz plays?
4. What does Edna do that surprises everyone?
5. What kind of woman is Edna not?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)