|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although they do not talk, what does the author say is happening between Robert and Edna?
(a) They are feeling the throbbings of desire.
(b) They are allowing anger to fester within themselves.
(c) They are learning to be silent around each other.
(d) They have a lot to say but cannot find the right words.
2. What does Robert jokingly say happened to Mrs. Pontellier when she was in the ocean?
(a) A spirit rose from the Gulf and found her.
(b) He never jokes.
(c) She looked like a shark.
(d) No one watched her because they knew she was a good swimmer.
3. According to Edna, her marriage to Leonce Pontellier was purely an:
(a) Amiable thing to do
(b) Act of convenience
(c) Act of rebellion
4. What does Madame Ratignolle mean when she talks about her condition?
(a) Her situation in life
(b) Her illness
(c) Her relationship with her husband
(d) Her pregnancy
5. Why is Mr. Pontellier reading a day-old newspaper?
(a) He is too cheap to buy the day's paper.
(b) He likes old news, not current news.
(c) The day's paper has not yet reached the Grande Isle.
(d) He is a slow reader .
Short Answer Questions
1. What does opening up to Madame Ratignolle do for Edna?
2. What do Robert and Edna do before Mr. Pontellier returns to the cottage?
3. What does Edna do that surprises everyone?
4. Was Edna a good swimming student?
5. How does Robert respond to Adele's request?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)