|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Pontellier talks about:
(a) The weather
(b) Her children
(c) Her husband's business, their house on Esplanade Street
(d) Her father's Mississippi plantation, Kentucky, and her sister's engagement
2. How does Mrs. Pontellier react when her husband comes home from Klein's?
(a) With little interest
(b) Angry that he is home so late
(c) Surprised that he is home so early
(d) With great enthusiasm
3. What do the Farival twins perform at the Grand Isle celebration?
(a) A skit they wrote about an evil king
(b) A scene from La Traviata
(c) A duet from a Puccini opera
(d) A duet from Zampa on the piano
4. Why is Mr. Pontellier reading a day-old newspaper?
(a) The day's paper has not yet reached the Grande Isle.
(b) He is too cheap to buy the day's paper.
(c) He likes old news, not current news.
(d) He is a slow reader .
5. Who approaches Mr. Pontellier underneath a white sunshade?
(a) Madame Lebrun and her son Robert
(b) His wife, Mrs. Edna Pontellier and the young Robert Lebrun
(c) The local priest
(d) Robert LeBrun and his wife
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Edna attempted to learn all summer?
2. Although they do not talk, what does the author say is happening between Robert and Edna?
3. Who is very fond of Robert?
4. What does Mademoiselle Reisz say to Edna after her performance?
5. What does Robert do while Mrs. Pontellier paints?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)