|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Mr. Pontellier is asleep, Mrs. Pontellier leaves the room and:
(a) Writes letters to her father
(b) Reads a book
(c) Devises a scheme to move out
(d) Cries almost uncontrollably
2. What does opening up to Madame Ratignolle do for Edna?
(a) It makes her want to pack up and go home.
(b) She wishes she had a psychiatrist to talk to.
(c) It muddles her like wine, or like a first breath of freedom.
(d) It makes her realize her life is full.
3. What does Robert do while Mrs. Pontellier paints?
(a) He tickles her.
(b) He paints, too.
(c) He often rests his head on her arm.
(d) He becomes very silent.
4. Madame Lebrun remarks that sometimes she thinks Mrs. Pontellier is:
5. Who approaches Mr. Pontellier underneath a white sunshade?
(a) The local priest
(b) Robert LeBrun and his wife
(c) Madame Lebrun and her son Robert
(d) His wife, Mrs. Edna Pontellier and the young Robert Lebrun
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Farival twins perform at the Grand Isle celebration?
2. What does Madame Ratignolle do to Edna that she first finds unsettling?
3. What does Edna do that surprises everyone?
4. Where will Montel be next month?
5. What characteristic of the Creoles "impresses" Mrs. Pontellier?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)