|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Pontellier stop reading his newspaper?
(a) His back hurts and he is uncomfortable.
(b) He gets a telegraph.
(c) He gets a telephone call.
(d) He cannot read it with any
2. What is singing in French and a little Spanish?
(a) A fat man
(b) A green and yellow parrot
(c) A green and yellow iguana
(d) A fat lady
3. Mrs. Pontellier talks about:
(a) Her husband's business, their house on Esplanade Street
(b) Her father's Mississippi plantation, Kentucky, and her sister's engagement
(c) Her children
(d) The weather
4. Who does Robert ask to perform for Mrs. Pontellier?
(a) Madame Lebrun
(b) Mademoiselle Reisz
(c) Mr. Pontellier
(d) Madame Ratignolle
5. Why does Robert smoke cigarettes?
(a) No particular reasons
(b) He thinks it makes him look good.
(c) He cannot afford pipes.
(d) He cannot afford cigars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Pontellier overhear Madame Ratignolle relate to Monsieur Farival in great detail?
2. How does Robert respond to Adele's request?
3. What does Madame Ratignolle do to Edna that she first finds unsettling?
4. What does Mademoiselle Reisz say to Edna after her performance?
5. What does Mr. Pontellier send home to his wife while he is away?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)