|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert talk a great deal about?
(a) His mother
(c) His brother
2. What characteristic of the Creoles "impresses" Mrs. Pontellier?
(a) Their endurance especially when swimming
(b) Their ability to drink a lot
(c) Their entire absence of prudery
(d) Their literary knowledge
3. What does Madame Ratignolle mean when she talks about her condition?
(a) Her pregnancy
(b) Her illness
(c) Her situation in life
(d) Her relationship with her husband
4. What has Robert done pretty much every summer at Grande Isle?
(a) He would devote himself to one married woman.
(b) Gone fishing
(c) He has written a novel.
(d) He has built a house.
5. Raoul's condition prompts Mr. Pontellier to accuse his wife of:
(a) Being a great mother
(b) Neglecting their children
(c) Hating him
(d) Giving Raoul the wrong medicine
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe Edna's feelings for her own children?
2. What kind of woman is Edna not?
3. Why is Mr. Pontellier reading a day-old newspaper?
4. When talking to both Adele and Edna, Robert is jovial and jokes often. Is he this way when alone with Edna?
5. Who is the embodiment of every womanly grace and charm?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)