|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Pontellier send home to his wife while he is away?
(a) A basket filled with wine bottles
(b) A basket filled with instructions on how she should behave
(c) A basket filled with eggs
(d) A basket filled with exquisite candies and fancy foods
2. Who approaches Mr. Pontellier underneath a white sunshade?
(a) The local priest
(b) His wife, Mrs. Edna Pontellier and the young Robert Lebrun
(c) Robert LeBrun and his wife
(d) Madame Lebrun and her son Robert
3. Once Mr. Pontellier is asleep, Mrs. Pontellier leaves the room and:
(a) Devises a scheme to move out
(b) Reads a book
(c) Writes letters to her father
(d) Cries almost uncontrollably
4. According to Edna, her marriage to Leonce Pontellier was purely an:
(a) Amiable thing to do
(b) Act of convenience
(c) Act of rebellion
5. How does the author describe Edna's feelings for her own children?
(a) She is fond of them in an uneven, impulsive way.
(b) She adores them completely.
(c) She is not fond of them at all.
(d) She is fond of them because the law says she should be.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is very fond of Robert?
2. What characteristic of the Creoles "impresses" Mrs. Pontellier?
3. What is Edna realizing about herself?
4. What kind of woman is Edna not?
5. Why is Robert at Grande Isle?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)