|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Pontellier stop reading his newspaper?
(a) He cannot read it with any
(b) His back hurts and he is uncomfortable.
(c) He gets a telephone call.
(d) He gets a telegraph.
2. What does Mr. Pontellier promise to bring back for his sons?
(a) Ice cream
(b) Bonbons and peanuts
(c) Candies and walnuts
(d) Bourbon balls
3. Raoul's condition prompts Mr. Pontellier to accuse his wife of:
(a) Neglecting their children
(b) Giving Raoul the wrong medicine
(c) Hating him
(d) Being a great mother
4. What is singing in French and a little Spanish?
(a) A green and yellow parrot
(b) A green and yellow iguana
(c) A fat man
(d) A fat lady
5. Where is Mr. Pontellier eager to go the next day?
(a) Wall Street, to conduct business
(b) Carondelet Street, the business center of the city
(c) Bourbon Street, the heart of New Orleans
(d) Easy Street, to open a bar
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Pontellier reading a day-old newspaper?
2. When talking to both Adele and Edna, Robert is jovial and jokes often. Is he this way when alone with Edna?
3. After declining Robert's invitation to go to the beach, how does Edna feel?
4. What is Edna realizing about herself?
5. Once Mr. Pontellier is asleep, Mrs. Pontellier leaves the room and:
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)