|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Pontellier stop reading his newspaper?
(a) His back hurts and he is uncomfortable.
(b) He gets a telegraph.
(c) He gets a telephone call.
(d) He cannot read it with any
2. What does Robert do while Mrs. Pontellier paints?
(a) He tickles her.
(b) He often rests his head on her arm.
(c) He becomes very silent.
(d) He paints, too.
3. How does the author describe Edna's feelings for her own children?
(a) She is fond of them in an uneven, impulsive way.
(b) She is not fond of them at all.
(c) She adores them completely.
(d) She is fond of them because the law says she should be.
4. What has Robert done pretty much every summer at Grande Isle?
(a) He has written a novel.
(b) He would devote himself to one married woman.
(c) Gone fishing
(d) He has built a house.
5. After declining Robert's invitation to go to the beach, how does Edna feel?
(a) She feels contradictory, regretting she had not gone and glad that she had not.
(b) She feels relieved, because she cannot swim.
(c) She is glad to be alone and painting
(d) She feels sad, because it might the last time he ever asks her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mr. Pontellier eager to go the next day?
2. What does Madame Ratignolle beg Robert to do?
3. What does Mr. Pontellier send home to his wife while he is away?
4. What does Mrs. Pontellier overhear Madame Ratignolle relate to Monsieur Farival in great detail?
5. What is singing in French and a little Spanish?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)