|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were some of the reasons Edna decided to marry Leonce Pontellier?
(a) He was completely different from her father.
(b) He was wealthy beyond her imagination.
(c) Her father and sister were violently opposed to him.
(d) He was irresitibly handsome and charming.
2. Why does Robert smoke cigarettes?
(a) No particular reasons
(b) He cannot afford pipes.
(c) He thinks it makes him look good.
(d) He cannot afford cigars.
3. According to Edna, her marriage to Leonce Pontellier was purely an:
(b) Act of rebellion
(c) Amiable thing to do
(d) Act of convenience
4. What characteristic of the Creoles "impresses" Mrs. Pontellier?
(a) Their endurance especially when swimming
(b) Their literary knowledge
(c) Their ability to drink a lot
(d) Their entire absence of prudery
5. Why is Mr. Pontellier reading a day-old newspaper?
(a) The day's paper has not yet reached the Grande Isle.
(b) He is too cheap to buy the day's paper.
(c) He is a slow reader .
(d) He likes old news, not current news.
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Mrs. Pontellier's eyes.
2. Once Mr. Pontellier is asleep, Mrs. Pontellier leaves the room and:
3. What is Edna realizing about herself?
4. What does Mr. Pontellier send home to his wife while he is away?
5. Mrs. Pontellier talks about:
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)