|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Pontellier reading a day-old newspaper?
(a) He is a slow reader .
(b) He likes old news, not current news.
(c) The day's paper has not yet reached the Grande Isle.
(d) He is too cheap to buy the day's paper.
2. What does Madame Ratignolle mean when she talks about her condition?
(a) Her relationship with her husband
(b) Her pregnancy
(c) Her situation in life
(d) Her illness
3. What does Mr. Pontellier send home to his wife while he is away?
(a) A basket filled with instructions on how she should behave
(b) A basket filled with eggs
(c) A basket filled with exquisite candies and fancy foods
(d) A basket filled with wine bottles
4. After declining Robert's invitation to go to the beach, how does Edna feel?
(a) She feels contradictory, regretting she had not gone and glad that she had not.
(b) She feels sad, because it might the last time he ever asks her.
(c) She is glad to be alone and painting
(d) She feels relieved, because she cannot swim.
5. Once Mr. Pontellier is asleep, Mrs. Pontellier leaves the room and:
(a) Cries almost uncontrollably
(b) Devises a scheme to move out
(c) Writes letters to her father
(d) Reads a book
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Pontellier overhear Madame Ratignolle relate to Monsieur Farival in great detail?
2. Describe Mrs. Pontellier's eyes.
3. How does Mrs. Pontellier react when her husband comes home from Klein's?
4. What folly has Mrs. Pontellier committed, according to her husband?
5. What kind of woman is Edna not?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)