|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Pontellier stop reading his newspaper?
(a) His back hurts and he is uncomfortable.
(b) He gets a telephone call.
(c) He cannot read it with any
(d) He gets a telegraph.
2. What kind of woman is Edna not?
(a) A crazy woman
(b) A mean woman
(c) A career woman
(d) A mother-woman
3. What does Robert talk a great deal about?
(a) His brother
(b) His mother
4. Why is Mr. Pontellier reading a day-old newspaper?
(a) He is a slow reader .
(b) He likes old news, not current news.
(c) The day's paper has not yet reached the Grande Isle.
(d) He is too cheap to buy the day's paper.
5. What does Mr. Pontellier promise to bring back for his sons?
(a) Ice cream
(b) Bonbons and peanuts
(c) Candies and walnuts
(d) Bourbon balls
Short Answer Questions
1. What folly has Mrs. Pontellier committed, according to her husband?
2. How does Mrs. Pontellier react when her husband comes home from Klein's?
3. Mrs. Pontellier talks about:
4. Who is very fond of Robert?
5. What does Robert do while Mrs. Pontellier paints?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)