|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What folly has Mrs. Pontellier committed, according to her husband?
(a) She has bathed at a bad time.
(b) She has taken swimming lessons .
(c) She is under a white sunshade when a black one would be better.
(d) She has bought an ugly swimsuit.
2. What were some of the reasons Edna decided to marry Leonce Pontellier?
(a) He was wealthy beyond her imagination.
(b) Her father and sister were violently opposed to him.
(c) He was irresitibly handsome and charming.
(d) He was completely different from her father.
3. Why does Robert smoke cigarettes?
(a) He cannot afford cigars.
(b) No particular reasons
(c) He cannot afford pipes.
(d) He thinks it makes him look good.
4. What does Madame Ratignolle do to Edna that she first finds unsettling?
(a) She rubs Edna's belly whenever she wants to.
(b) She speaks to Edna in a very mean tone.
(c) She never looks Edna in the eye when speaking to her.
(d) She is very physically affectionate.
5. What is Edna realizing about herself?
(a) That she likes Victor, not Robert
(b) That her children are a massive burden
(c) That she hates her husband
(d) That she has some emotions for Robert
Short Answer Questions
1. Raoul's condition prompts Mr. Pontellier to accuse his wife of:
2. According to Edna, her marriage to Leonce Pontellier was purely an:
3. What kind of woman is Edna not?
4. Why does Mr. Pontellier stop reading his newspaper?
5. What does Mr. Pontellier send home to his wife while he is away?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)