|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert do while Mrs. Pontellier paints?
(a) He often rests his head on her arm.
(b) He tickles her.
(c) He becomes very silent.
(d) He paints, too.
2. Why is Mr. Pontellier reading a day-old newspaper?
(a) He is a slow reader .
(b) He is too cheap to buy the day's paper.
(c) He likes old news, not current news.
(d) The day's paper has not yet reached the Grande Isle.
3. Raoul's condition prompts Mr. Pontellier to accuse his wife of:
(a) Giving Raoul the wrong medicine
(b) Being a great mother
(c) Neglecting their children
(d) Hating him
4. What does Madame Ratignolle mean when she talks about her condition?
(a) Her illness
(b) Her situation in life
(c) Her pregnancy
(d) Her relationship with her husband
5. Who is the embodiment of every womanly grace and charm?
(a) Adele Ratignolle
(b) Madame Lebrun
(c) The Woman in Black
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert smoke cigarettes?
2. What is Edna realizing about herself?
3. What has Robert done pretty much every summer at Grande Isle?
4. Who approaches Mr. Pontellier underneath a white sunshade?
5. Mrs. Pontellier talks about:
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)