|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Robert at Grande Isle?
(a) He spends every summer vacation there with his mother.
(b) He likes to spend time with old women.
(c) He had heard of it through a friend, thought he should see it.
(d) He is in search of a job.
2. Mrs. Pontellier talks about:
(a) The weather
(b) Her husband's business, their house on Esplanade Street
(c) Her father's Mississippi plantation, Kentucky, and her sister's engagement
(d) Her children
3. What is Edna realizing about herself?
(a) That her children are a massive burden
(b) That she has some emotions for Robert
(c) That she likes Victor, not Robert
(d) That she hates her husband
4. According to Edna, her marriage to Leonce Pontellier was purely an:
(b) Act of rebellion
(c) Act of convenience
(d) Amiable thing to do
5. What does Robert do while Mrs. Pontellier paints?
(a) He tickles her.
(b) He paints, too.
(c) He becomes very silent.
(d) He often rests his head on her arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madame Ratignolle do to Edna that she first finds unsettling?
2. What does Mr. Pontellier promise to bring back for his sons?
3. What does Madame Ratignolle mean when she talks about her condition?
4. What is singing in French and a little Spanish?
5. What does Madame Ratignolle beg Robert to do?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)