|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who approaches Mr. Pontellier underneath a white sunshade?
(a) His wife, Mrs. Edna Pontellier and the young Robert Lebrun
(b) Robert LeBrun and his wife
(c) The local priest
(d) Madame Lebrun and her son Robert
2. According to Edna, her marriage to Leonce Pontellier was purely an:
(a) Act of convenience
(b) Amiable thing to do
(c) Act of rebellion
3. Describe Mrs. Pontellier's eyes.
(a) Green and grayish at the same time
(b) It is impossible to see her eyes hidden behind sunglasses
(c) Dull, slow, blue like the sky
(d) Quick, bright, yellowish brown, about the color of her hair
4. What kind of woman is Edna not?
(a) A mother-woman
(b) A mean woman
(c) A crazy woman
(d) A career woman
5. Who is the embodiment of every womanly grace and charm?
(a) Adele Ratignolle
(c) Madame Lebrun
(d) The Woman in Black
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert talk a great deal about?
2. What starts to change in Edna this summer at Grande Isle?
3. Why does Robert smoke cigarettes?
4. Why does Mr. Pontellier stop reading his newspaper?
5. What folly has Mrs. Pontellier committed, according to her husband?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)