|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Pontellier send home to his wife while he is away?
(a) A basket filled with exquisite candies and fancy foods
(b) A basket filled with wine bottles
(c) A basket filled with instructions on how she should behave
(d) A basket filled with eggs
2. What kind of woman is Edna not?
(a) A mean woman
(b) A mother-woman
(c) A career woman
(d) A crazy woman
3. What starts to change in Edna this summer at Grande Isle?
(a) The idea of living here year-round is gaining its appeal.
(b) The mantel of openness that had always enveloped her is tightening.
(c) She longs to have another child.
(d) The mantel of reservation that had always enveloped her is loosening.
4. When Mr. Pontellier checks in on his sons, he thinks that Raoul has:
(a) A strange animal with him
(b) A bizarre disease
(c) Been having nightmares
(d) A fever
5. Why is Mr. Pontellier reading a day-old newspaper?
(a) The day's paper has not yet reached the Grande Isle.
(b) He likes old news, not current news.
(c) He is a slow reader .
(d) He is too cheap to buy the day's paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Pontellier stop reading his newspaper?
2. After declining Robert's invitation to go to the beach, how does Edna feel?
3. How does the author describe Edna's feelings for her own children?
4. What does opening up to Madame Ratignolle do for Edna?
5. What is Edna realizing about herself?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)