|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were some of the reasons Edna decided to marry Leonce Pontellier?
(a) He was wealthy beyond her imagination.
(b) He was completely different from her father.
(c) Her father and sister were violently opposed to him.
(d) He was irresitibly handsome and charming.
2. Why does Mr. Pontellier stop reading his newspaper?
(a) He gets a telegraph.
(b) He gets a telephone call.
(c) He cannot read it with any
(d) His back hurts and he is uncomfortable.
3. Mrs. Pontellier talks about:
(a) The weather
(b) Her children
(c) Her father's Mississippi plantation, Kentucky, and her sister's engagement
(d) Her husband's business, their house on Esplanade Street
4. What does Madame Ratignolle beg Robert to do?
(a) Fix her house
(b) Start an affair with Edna
(c) Accompany her to the house
(d) Babsyit her children
5. When talking to both Adele and Edna, Robert is jovial and jokes often. Is he this way when alone with Edna?
(a) The author gives few clues as to how he behaves when alone with Edna.
(b) It depends on whether her husband is in the room.
(c) No, he is not.
(d) Yes, he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Robert done pretty much every summer at Grande Isle?
2. What does Mrs. Pontellier overhear Madame Ratignolle relate to Monsieur Farival in great detail?
3. What does Robert do while Mrs. Pontellier paints?
4. Why does Robert smoke cigarettes?
5. What does Mr. Pontellier promise to bring back for his sons?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)