|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Mrs. Pontellier feel comfortable in the company of Creoles?
(a) She does not give it much thought.
(c) Not entirely
(d) Not at all
2. What does Madame Ratignolle mean when she talks about her condition?
(a) Her illness
(b) Her situation in life
(c) Her pregnancy
(d) Her relationship with her husband
3. What starts to change in Edna this summer at Grande Isle?
(a) The idea of living here year-round is gaining its appeal.
(b) The mantel of openness that had always enveloped her is tightening.
(c) She longs to have another child.
(d) The mantel of reservation that had always enveloped her is loosening.
4. Who is the embodiment of every womanly grace and charm?
(a) Madame Lebrun
(b) Adele Ratignolle
(d) The Woman in Black
5. After declining Robert's invitation to go to the beach, how does Edna feel?
(a) She feels relieved, because she cannot swim.
(b) She feels contradictory, regretting she had not gone and glad that she had not.
(c) She feels sad, because it might the last time he ever asks her.
(d) She is glad to be alone and painting
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Edna realizing about herself?
2. What were some of the reasons Edna decided to marry Leonce Pontellier?
3. What characteristic of the Creoles "impresses" Mrs. Pontellier?
4. What does Mr. Pontellier promise to bring back for his sons?
5. What does Mr. Pontellier send home to his wife while he is away?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)