|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is very fond of Robert?
(a) The Pontellier children
(b) The church parishoners
(c) No one. Everyone dislikes him.
(d) His mother
2. Why does Mr. Pontellier stop reading his newspaper?
(a) He gets a telephone call.
(b) He cannot read it with any
(c) His back hurts and he is uncomfortable.
(d) He gets a telegraph.
3. When Mr. Pontellier checks in on his sons, he thinks that Raoul has:
(a) Been having nightmares
(b) A fever
(c) A strange animal with him
(d) A bizarre disease
4. When talking to both Adele and Edna, Robert is jovial and jokes often. Is he this way when alone with Edna?
(a) Yes, he is.
(b) The author gives few clues as to how he behaves when alone with Edna.
(c) No, he is not.
(d) It depends on whether her husband is in the room.
5. What does Madame Ratignolle beg Robert to do?
(a) Babsyit her children
(b) Start an affair with Edna
(c) Fix her house
(d) Accompany her to the house
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert do while Mrs. Pontellier paints?
2. What does Mr. Pontellier send home to his wife while he is away?
3. How does the author describe Edna's feelings for her own children?
4. Why is Robert at Grande Isle?
5. What does Madame Ratignolle do to Edna that she first finds unsettling?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)