|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the embodiment of every womanly grace and charm?
(a) Madame Lebrun
(c) The Woman in Black
(d) Adele Ratignolle
2. Why is Robert at Grande Isle?
(a) He had heard of it through a friend, thought he should see it.
(b) He likes to spend time with old women.
(c) He spends every summer vacation there with his mother.
(d) He is in search of a job.
3. Why does Robert smoke cigarettes?
(a) He cannot afford cigars.
(b) No particular reasons
(c) He cannot afford pipes.
(d) He thinks it makes him look good.
4. What kind of woman is Edna not?
(a) A mean woman
(b) A career woman
(c) A mother-woman
(d) A crazy woman
5. Once Mr. Pontellier is asleep, Mrs. Pontellier leaves the room and:
(a) Devises a scheme to move out
(b) Writes letters to her father
(c) Cries almost uncontrollably
(d) Reads a book
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert do while Mrs. Pontellier paints?
2. What does Robert talk a great deal about?
3. What does Madame Ratignolle do to Edna that she first finds unsettling?
4. How does Mrs. Pontellier react when her husband comes home from Klein's?
5. When talking to both Adele and Edna, Robert is jovial and jokes often. Is he this way when alone with Edna?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)