|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Pontellier promise to bring back for his sons?
(a) Bourbon balls
(b) Ice cream
(c) Candies and walnuts
(d) Bonbons and peanuts
2. How does the author describe Edna's feelings for her own children?
(a) She is fond of them in an uneven, impulsive way.
(b) She adores them completely.
(c) She is fond of them because the law says she should be.
(d) She is not fond of them at all.
3. Where is Mr. Pontellier eager to go the next day?
(a) Wall Street, to conduct business
(b) Bourbon Street, the heart of New Orleans
(c) Easy Street, to open a bar
(d) Carondelet Street, the business center of the city
4. Who is very fond of Robert?
(a) No one. Everyone dislikes him.
(b) The church parishoners
(c) The Pontellier children
(d) His mother
5. What kind of woman is Edna not?
(a) A career woman
(b) A mean woman
(c) A crazy woman
(d) A mother-woman
Short Answer Questions
1. What does opening up to Madame Ratignolle do for Edna?
2. What does Mrs. Pontellier overhear Madame Ratignolle relate to Monsieur Farival in great detail?
3. Describe Mrs. Pontellier's eyes.
4. What does Robert talk a great deal about?
5. Why does Robert smoke cigarettes?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)