|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Pontellier promise to bring back for his sons?
(a) Ice cream
(b) Bonbons and peanuts
(c) Candies and walnuts
(d) Bourbon balls
2. Why is Mr. Pontellier reading a day-old newspaper?
(a) He is a slow reader .
(b) He likes old news, not current news.
(c) The day's paper has not yet reached the Grande Isle.
(d) He is too cheap to buy the day's paper.
3. What does Robert do while Mrs. Pontellier paints?
(a) He paints, too.
(b) He tickles her.
(c) He becomes very silent.
(d) He often rests his head on her arm.
4. Raoul's condition prompts Mr. Pontellier to accuse his wife of:
(a) Hating him
(b) Giving Raoul the wrong medicine
(c) Neglecting their children
(d) Being a great mother
5. Who approaches Mr. Pontellier underneath a white sunshade?
(a) The local priest
(b) His wife, Mrs. Edna Pontellier and the young Robert Lebrun
(c) Robert LeBrun and his wife
(d) Madame Lebrun and her son Robert
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Pontellier stop reading his newspaper?
2. Who is very fond of Robert?
3. What does opening up to Madame Ratignolle do for Edna?
4. What characteristic of the Creoles "impresses" Mrs. Pontellier?
5. What is singing in French and a little Spanish?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)