|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Pontellier talks about:
(a) The weather
(b) Her children
(c) Her husband's business, their house on Esplanade Street
(d) Her father's Mississippi plantation, Kentucky, and her sister's engagement
2. What does Madame Ratignolle beg Robert to do?
(a) Fix her house
(b) Start an affair with Edna
(c) Accompany her to the house
(d) Babsyit her children
3. Who is very fond of Robert?
(a) The Pontellier children
(b) No one. Everyone dislikes him.
(c) The church parishoners
(d) His mother
4. Does Mrs. Pontellier feel comfortable in the company of Creoles?
(a) Not entirely
(c) She does not give it much thought.
(d) Not at all
5. What does Madame Ratignolle mean when she talks about her condition?
(a) Her situation in life
(b) Her relationship with her husband
(c) Her pregnancy
(d) Her illness
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the embodiment of every womanly grace and charm?
2. What does Robert do while Mrs. Pontellier paints?
3. Why does Mr. Pontellier stop reading his newspaper?
4. What starts to change in Edna this summer at Grande Isle?
5. What has Robert done pretty much every summer at Grande Isle?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)