|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Pontellier react when her husband comes home from Klein's?
(a) Surprised that he is home so early
(b) With little interest
(c) Angry that he is home so late
(d) With great enthusiasm
2. What does Madame Ratignolle mean when she talks about her condition?
(a) Her pregnancy
(b) Her situation in life
(c) Her relationship with her husband
(d) Her illness
3. Raoul's condition prompts Mr. Pontellier to accuse his wife of:
(a) Being a great mother
(b) Giving Raoul the wrong medicine
(c) Neglecting their children
(d) Hating him
4. After declining Robert's invitation to go to the beach, how does Edna feel?
(a) She feels contradictory, regretting she had not gone and glad that she had not.
(b) She is glad to be alone and painting
(c) She feels sad, because it might the last time he ever asks her.
(d) She feels relieved, because she cannot swim.
5. What were some of the reasons Edna decided to marry Leonce Pontellier?
(a) He was wealthy beyond her imagination.
(b) Her father and sister were violently opposed to him.
(c) He was completely different from her father.
(d) He was irresitibly handsome and charming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who approaches Mr. Pontellier underneath a white sunshade?
2. According to Edna, her marriage to Leonce Pontellier was purely an:
3. What does Robert do while Mrs. Pontellier paints?
4. What does Mr. Pontellier promise to bring back for his sons?
5. What does Mr. Pontellier send home to his wife while he is away?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)