|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When talking to both Adele and Edna, Robert is jovial and jokes often. Is he this way when alone with Edna?
(a) No, he is not.
(b) Yes, he is.
(c) It depends on whether her husband is in the room.
(d) The author gives few clues as to how he behaves when alone with Edna.
2. Why is Mr. Pontellier reading a day-old newspaper?
(a) He likes old news, not current news.
(b) He is a slow reader .
(c) He is too cheap to buy the day's paper.
(d) The day's paper has not yet reached the Grande Isle.
3. What does Mr. Pontellier promise to bring back for his sons?
(a) Candies and walnuts
(b) Ice cream
(c) Bourbon balls
(d) Bonbons and peanuts
4. What is Edna realizing about herself?
(a) That her children are a massive burden
(b) That she likes Victor, not Robert
(c) That she hates her husband
(d) That she has some emotions for Robert
5. Does Mrs. Pontellier feel comfortable in the company of Creoles?
(b) She does not give it much thought.
(c) Not at all
(d) Not entirely
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic of the Creoles "impresses" Mrs. Pontellier?
2. What does Madame Ratignolle do to Edna that she first finds unsettling?
3. Why does Mr. Pontellier stop reading his newspaper?
4. Where is Mr. Pontellier eager to go the next day?
5. How does the author describe Edna's feelings for her own children?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)