Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Robert write in his note to Edna?
(a) I'm at the store. Back in five minutes.
(b) I'm going to Grande Isle. Come with me.
(c) I love you. Good-by because I love you.
(d) I'm at my mother's. Meet me there.
2. According to Edna, her marriage to Leonce Pontellier was purely an:
(b) Act of rebellion
(c) Amiable thing to do
(d) Act of convenience
3. Raoul's condition prompts Mr. Pontellier to accuse his wife of:
(a) Giving Raoul the wrong medicine
(b) Being a great mother
(c) Neglecting their children
(d) Hating him
4. What happens on Tuesdays in the Pontellier home?
(a) It is not different from other days of the week.
(b) It is cleaning day when the housekeeper comes.
(c) It is gardening day so it is very noisy.
(d) It is reception day when people come by for visits.
5. Where will Edna move?
(a) A totally different city
(b) Another grand house on the other side of town
(c) Her mother-in-law's house in the countryside
(d) A little house around the corner
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert do while Mrs. Pontellier paints?
2. How does Edna react to the note?
3. Of what does Edna speak with authority?
4. What does Mademoiselle Reisz say to Edna after her performance?
5. Who is Mademoiselle Reisz surprised to see at her doorstep?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)