|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe Edna's feelings for her own children?
(a) She is fond of them in an uneven, impulsive way.
(b) She adores them completely.
(c) She is fond of them because the law says she should be.
(d) She is not fond of them at all.
2. What does Madame Ratignolle beg Robert to do?
(a) Accompany her to the house
(b) Start an affair with Edna
(c) Fix her house
(d) Babsyit her children
3. Why is Mr. Pontellier reading a day-old newspaper?
(a) He is too cheap to buy the day's paper.
(b) He is a slow reader .
(c) He likes old news, not current news.
(d) The day's paper has not yet reached the Grande Isle.
4. Once Mr. Pontellier is asleep, Mrs. Pontellier leaves the room and:
(a) Reads a book
(b) Writes letters to her father
(c) Devises a scheme to move out
(d) Cries almost uncontrollably
5. Does Mrs. Pontellier feel comfortable in the company of Creoles?
(a) Not entirely
(b) She does not give it much thought.
(c) Not at all
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Pontellier promise to bring back for his sons?
2. What does opening up to Madame Ratignolle do for Edna?
3. What characteristic of the Creoles "impresses" Mrs. Pontellier?
4. Why does Robert smoke cigarettes?
5. What does Mr. Pontellier send home to his wife while he is away?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)