|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert do while Mrs. Pontellier paints?
(a) He often rests his head on her arm.
(b) He paints, too.
(c) He becomes very silent.
(d) He tickles her.
2. Why does it anger Mr. Pontellier so much that Edna went out on Tuesday?
(a) He has a short fuse.
(b) He hates anything out of the ordinary.
(c) He thinks it will hurt his business and reputation.
(d) He is actually not that angry but sarcastic.
3. Why does Mr. Pontellier not try to persuade Edna to go to the wedding?
(a) He thinks it will get him out of going as well.
(b) He does not want to bring her.
(c) He thinks she needs to stay back and look after the house.
(d) He is following the doctor's advice to let her do as she likes.
4. Once Mr. Pontellier realizes Edna will not come to bed, what does he do?
(a) He stays up, drinks wine, and smokes cigars next to her.
(b) He runs to the beach and swims alone.
(c) He goes out and drinks with this male friends.
(d) He grabs her and carries her upstairs.
5. What does Edna throw at Robert?
(a) Her shoe
(b) A frying pan
(c) A pillow
(d) An orange she plucked from a tree
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at Mademoiselle Reisz's while Edna waits there alone?
2. What is Edna realizing about herself?
3. What is singing in French and a little Spanish?
4. Was Edna a good swimming student?
5. What does Edna regret about her kiss with Alcee?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)