|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe Edna's feelings for her own children?
(a) She is fond of them in an uneven, impulsive way.
(b) She adores them completely.
(c) She is fond of them because the law says she should be.
(d) She is not fond of them at all.
2. What happens on Tuesdays in the Pontellier home?
(a) It is not different from other days of the week.
(b) It is reception day when people come by for visits.
(c) It is gardening day so it is very noisy.
(d) It is cleaning day when the housekeeper comes.
3. Edna's father believes her marriage would be stronger if:
(a) Mr. Pontellier made her his business partner.
(b) Mr. Pontellier would stay home full-time with her.
(c) Mr. Pontellier stayed home more evenings with her.
(d) Mr. Pontellier supported her painting career.
4. According to Adele, what is Alcee's reputation?
(a) Not really known
(c) Very good
5. How soon will Robert depart?
(a) That night
(b) In a fortnight
(c) The next day
(d) Within minutes
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Madame Ratignolle explain the behavior of the Lebruns?
2. What folly has Mrs. Pontellier committed, according to her husband?
3. The news of Robert's departure upsets Edna so much she goes to:
4. Where will Montel be next month?
5. Does Robert know that Edna is reading his letters to Mademoiselle Reisz?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)