|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Robert take Edna to recover?
(a) Madame Antoine's
(b) Madame Ratignolle
(c) Madame LeBrun's
(d) Mademoiselle Reisz's
2. Most of all, what did Edna gain?
(a) A new lover
(b) A better sense of what men are really like
(c) A greater understanding of life
(d) An understanding of what married women feel when they are adulterous
3. How does Edna feel upon leaving the Ratignolles?
(a) Depressed rather than soothed
(b) Profoundly changed
(c) Eager to go back
(d) Soothed and sleepy
4. At the last moment, which two guests do not show up at Edna's dinner party?
(a) The Colonel and her sister
(b) Adele Ratignolle and Madame Lebrun
(c) Etienne and Raoul
(d) Leonce and Dr. Mandelet
5. Why does Mr. Pontellier not try to persuade Edna to go to the wedding?
(a) He thinks it will get him out of going as well.
(b) He does not want to bring her.
(c) He thinks she needs to stay back and look after the house.
(d) He is following the doctor's advice to let her do as she likes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Victor's kiss on Edna's hand feel like?
2. How does Robert respond to Adele's request?
3. Why are there no recent adult photographs of Robert at his mother's home?
4. Rather than paint, what does Mr. Pontellier think his wife should be doing?
5. Why does Edna choose to remain in the hammock?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)