|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Pontellier thinks something's wrong with Edna because:
(a) She has lost much weight.
(b) She is speaking in French most of the time.
(c) She paints disturbing portraits.
(d) She forgets her housework, comes in late and does not associate with anyone.
2. What is Edna's father's reason for coming to town?
(a) To take Edna away from Leonce
(b) To get a health check-up with Dr. Mandelet
(c) To see some museums
(d) To buy a wedding present for his other daughter
3. How does Victor Lebrun describe Edna?
(a) Cute but too thin
(d) Lacking in fashion taste
4. When talking to both Adele and Edna, Robert is jovial and jokes often. Is he this way when alone with Edna?
(a) No, he is not.
(b) The author gives few clues as to how he behaves when alone with Edna.
(c) It depends on whether her husband is in the room.
(d) Yes, he is.
5. How does Edna feel once her father and husband are gone?
(a) She is miserable.
(b) She is lonely.
(c) She is happy to be alone and feels free.
(d) She is lost as to how to occupy herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alcee call Edna's new home?
2. What kind of woman is Edna not?
3. Alone with Edna, what does Alcee show her?
4. How soon will Robert depart?
5. According to Mademoiselle Reisz, who is Madame Lebrun's favorite child?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)