|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, according to Madame Ratignolle, was naughty?
(c) Etienne, one of Edna's sons
(d) Adele herself
2. What does Edna finally admit to Mademoiselle Reisz?
(a) That she is not in love with anyone and wants to be alone
(b) That she is in love with Alcee
(c) That she does not love Leonce
(d) That she is in love with Robert
3. What effect does music generally have on Edna?
(a) Sedative. It makes her sleepy.
(b) None. She hates music.
(c) It has a way of evoking pictures in her mind.
(d) It has a way of making her anxious.
4. What characteristic of the Creoles "impresses" Mrs. Pontellier?
(a) Their endurance especially when swimming
(b) Their literary knowledge
(c) Their entire absence of prudery
(d) Their ability to drink a lot
5. Where is Mr. Pontellier eager to go the next day?
(a) Wall Street, to conduct business
(b) Easy Street, to open a bar
(c) Bourbon Street, the heart of New Orleans
(d) Carondelet Street, the business center of the city
Short Answer Questions
1. What is singing in French and a little Spanish?
2. What does Edna realize about herself after learning of Robert's departure?
3. How does Edna feel once her father and husband are gone?
4. Who does Robert ask to perform for Mrs. Pontellier?
5. Why does Mr. Pontellier stop reading his newspaper?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)