|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As they sail to the Cheniere Caminada, how does Edna feel?
(a) Eager to experience a religious awakening
(b) Sick to her stomach
(d) She feels she is being liberated.
2. Where does Robert suggest he and Edna go the next day?
(a) Grande Cheniere
(b) Grande Terre
(c) The Grand Canyon
(d) The Cayman Islands
3. Was Edna a good swimming student?
(a) No. Robert was frustrated and thought it was futile to teach her.
(b) Decent. Robert thought she needed more lessons.
(c) She was outstanding.
(d) No one has seen her swim, so no one can say.
4. Why does Edna choose to remain in the hammock?
(a) She has always preferred hammocks to beds.
(b) She feels that her will had blazed up, stubborn and resistant.
(c) She thinks it may make Leonce romantic.
(d) She likes the salty air.
5. How does Robert react to the sight of Alcee's photograph?
(a) With coolness
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Madame Antoine cooking for dinner?
2. What does the doctor explain about women to Mr. Pontellier?
3. What does Edna throw at Robert?
4. What does opening up to Madame Ratignolle do for Edna?
5. On the advice of Dr. Mandelet, what does Leonce decide to do?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)