|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Pontellier overhear Madame Ratignolle relate to Monsieur Farival in great detail?
(a) Her interest in writing a novel
(b) How to cook a chicken Creole style
(c) One of her accouchements, or, childbirths
(d) Her intimate moments with her husband
2. Why did Robert leave Mexico?
(a) He contracted a strange disease.
(b) He could not find work.
(c) The Mexicans were not very congenial.
(d) He ran out of money.
3. What folly has Mrs. Pontellier committed, according to her husband?
(a) She has bought an ugly swimsuit.
(b) She has taken swimming lessons .
(c) She is under a white sunshade when a black one would be better.
(d) She has bathed at a bad time.
4. What worries Mr. Pontellier about this situation?
(a) Whether he will be attractive to other women
(b) He does not care.
(c) How it will affect his health
(d) His financial integrity
5. And what does Leonce do when Edna asks him to come to bed?
(a) He comes immediately.
(b) He stays behind to finish smoking his cigar.
(c) He stays behind to have another round of wine.
(d) He ignores her and reads the newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Robert ask to perform for Mrs. Pontellier?
2. What does Robert jokingly say happened to Mrs. Pontellier when she was in the ocean?
3. How does Edna react to the news she learns at dinner?
4. Why does Edna tell Victor to stop singing?
5. Where is Leonce when Edna returns from the Cheniere?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)