|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When talking to both Adele and Edna, Robert is jovial and jokes often. Is he this way when alone with Edna?
(a) Yes, he is.
(b) The author gives few clues as to how he behaves when alone with Edna.
(c) It depends on whether her husband is in the room.
(d) No, he is not.
2. Why is Mr. Pontellier reading a day-old newspaper?
(a) The day's paper has not yet reached the Grande Isle.
(b) He is too cheap to buy the day's paper.
(c) He is a slow reader .
(d) He likes old news, not current news.
3. Where will Montel be next month?
(a) On a cruise ship
(b) Vera Cruz
(c) No one is really sure
(d) Santa Cruz
4. What does Madame Ratignolle do to Edna that she first finds unsettling?
(a) She never looks Edna in the eye when speaking to her.
(b) She is very physically affectionate.
(c) She speaks to Edna in a very mean tone.
(d) She rubs Edna's belly whenever she wants to.
5. What does Edna do at Madame Antoine's?
(a) She helps cook.
(b) She reads books.
(c) She cleans the house.
(d) She sleeps.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alcee Arobin?
2. What kind of woman is Edna not?
3. What does Mademoiselle Reisz say to Edna after her performance?
4. And what does Leonce do when Edna asks him to come to bed?
5. What does Alcee call Edna's new home?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)