|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Pontellier take the news of his wife's move?
(a) With joy
(b) With unqualified disapproval and remonstrance
(c) Well--he expected it.
(d) With bewilderment
2. What is singing in French and a little Spanish?
(a) A fat man
(b) A green and yellow iguana
(c) A green and yellow parrot
(d) A fat lady
3. What does Edna finally admit to Mademoiselle Reisz?
(a) That she is in love with Alcee
(b) That she is in love with Robert
(c) That she does not love Leonce
(d) That she is not in love with anyone and wants to be alone
4. What characteristic of the Creoles "impresses" Mrs. Pontellier?
(a) Their ability to drink a lot
(b) Their endurance especially when swimming
(c) Their literary knowledge
(d) Their entire absence of prudery
5. Who does Edna ask the little Negro girl to wake up?
(a) Madame Lebrun
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor explain about women to Mr. Pontellier?
2. Who does Mrs. Highcamp think her daughter would like?
3. When Edna cannot find Mademoiselle Reisz, who does she go to for help?
4. Where is Mr. Pontellier eager to go the next day?
5. What explanation does Robert give for not writing to Edna?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)