|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Edna react to the news she learns at dinner?
(a) She is skeptical.
(b) She has no reaction.
(c) She is delighted.
(d) She is shocked.
2. Why does Edna feel a pang of jealousy toward Madame Lebrun?
(a) She is more beautiful than Edna.
(b) Robert wrote to his mother but not to Edna.
(c) She is richer than Edna.
(d) She is a better painter than Edna.
3. Who, according to Madame Ratignolle, was naughty?
(b) Adele herself
(d) Etienne, one of Edna's sons
4. What does Edna do while her husband is in New York?
(a) She plays card games.
(b) She spends time with Mrs. Highcamp and Alcee Arobin.
(c) She learns needlepoint.
(d) She redecorates the house.
5. Does Mrs. Pontellier feel comfortable in the company of Creoles?
(a) Not at all
(b) Not entirely
(c) She does not give it much thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has written to Mademoiselle Reisz asking about Edna?
2. Where does Robert take Edna to recover?
3. Who arrives at Mademoiselle Reisz's while Edna waits there alone?
4. What news does Edna learn once she joins the others for dinner?
5. Once Mr. Pontellier realizes Edna will not come to bed, what does he do?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)