|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After declining Robert's invitation to go to the beach, how does Edna feel?
(a) She is glad to be alone and painting
(b) She feels relieved, because she cannot swim.
(c) She feels sad, because it might the last time he ever asks her.
(d) She feels contradictory, regretting she had not gone and glad that she had not.
2. What does Mariequita think of Robert and Edna?
(a) That they are sweethearts
(b) That they have a secret
(c) That they would make good foster parents
(d) That they should separate immediately
3. How does Victor Lebrun describe Edna?
(a) Lacking in fashion taste
(b) Cute but too thin
4. Where is Robert when Edna discovers his plan?
(a) In the same room
(b) On his way to Mexico
(c) On the beach
(d) In an adjacent room
5. What does Madame Ratignolle think of the Mexicans?
(a) They are a treacherous, unscrupulous and revengeful people.
(b) She knows nothing of them and is very curious.
(c) She confuses them with the Spanish.
(d) They are the most delightful people she knows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is singing in French and a little Spanish?
2. What were some of the reasons Edna decided to marry Leonce Pontellier?
3. How does Edna feel once her father and husband are gone?
4. Alone with Edna, what does Alcee show her?
5. How do the Pontellier children feel about their house being renovated?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)