|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Robert and Edna do before Mr. Pontellier returns to the cottage?
(a) They play games with the children.
(b) They bake a pie together.
(c) She sits in the hammock and Robert smokes, in silence.
(d) They debate the merits of American literature.
2. Where is Mr. Pontellier eager to go the next day?
(a) Bourbon Street, the heart of New Orleans
(b) Carondelet Street, the business center of the city
(c) Easy Street, to open a bar
(d) Wall Street, to conduct business
3. Raoul's condition prompts Mr. Pontellier to accuse his wife of:
(a) Being a great mother
(b) Hating him
(c) Neglecting their children
(d) Giving Raoul the wrong medicine
4. Why does Mr. Pontellier stop reading his newspaper?
(a) He gets a telegraph.
(b) He cannot read it with any
(c) His back hurts and he is uncomfortable.
(d) He gets a telephone call.
5. How does Mrs. Pontellier react when her husband comes home from Klein's?
(a) With little interest
(b) With great enthusiasm
(c) Surprised that he is home so early
(d) Angry that he is home so late
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edna call the piece she often hears Mademoiselle Reisz play?
2. What folly has Mrs. Pontellier committed, according to her husband?
3. What does Edna see when Mademoiselle Reisz plays?
4. Does Mademoiselle Reisz's performance affect anyone else?
5. What does Edna throw at Robert?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)