|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Pontellier promise to bring back for his sons?
(a) Candies and walnuts
(b) Bonbons and peanuts
(c) Ice cream
(d) Bourbon balls
2. What does opening up to Madame Ratignolle do for Edna?
(a) It makes her want to pack up and go home.
(b) It muddles her like wine, or like a first breath of freedom.
(c) She wishes she had a psychiatrist to talk to.
(d) It makes her realize her life is full.
3. What is Edna realizing about herself?
(a) That her children are a massive burden
(b) That she hates her husband
(c) That she likes Victor, not Robert
(d) That she has some emotions for Robert
4. What is Madame Antoine cooking for dinner?
(b) Mullet, a type of fish
5. What kind of woman is Edna not?
(a) A crazy woman
(b) A mean woman
(c) A career woman
(d) A mother-woman
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edna do at Madame Antoine's?
2. What does Mademoiselle Reisz say to Edna after her performance?
3. Why does Edna choose to remain in the hammock?
4. What folly has Mrs. Pontellier committed, according to her husband?
5. According to Edna, her marriage to Leonce Pontellier was purely an:
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)