|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although they do not talk, what does the author say is happening between Robert and Edna?
(a) They are learning to be silent around each other.
(b) They have a lot to say but cannot find the right words.
(c) They are allowing anger to fester within themselves.
(d) They are feeling the throbbings of desire.
2. Who is the embodiment of every womanly grace and charm?
(b) Adele Ratignolle
(c) Madame Lebrun
(d) The Woman in Black
3. Around what time does Edna finally get up?
(a) Noon the next day
(b) At the same time she always does, seven a.m.
(c) Two in the morning
(d) About one hour before dawn
4. What does Edna call the piece she often hears Mademoiselle Reisz play?
(c) Swinging Blues
5. What folly has Mrs. Pontellier committed, according to her husband?
(a) She has bathed at a bad time.
(b) She has taken swimming lessons .
(c) She has bought an ugly swimsuit.
(d) She is under a white sunshade when a black one would be better.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Mr. Pontellier is asleep, Mrs. Pontellier leaves the room and:
2. Does Mademoiselle Reisz's performance affect anyone else?
3. What kind of woman is Edna not?
4. Describe Madame Antoine:
5. What were some of the reasons Edna decided to marry Leonce Pontellier?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)