|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Mrs. Pontellier feel comfortable in the company of Creoles?
(b) Not entirely
(c) Not at all
(d) She does not give it much thought.
2. What folly has Mrs. Pontellier committed, according to her husband?
(a) She has bought an ugly swimsuit.
(b) She has bathed at a bad time.
(c) She is under a white sunshade when a black one would be better.
(d) She has taken swimming lessons .
3. What does Mrs. Pontellier overhear Madame Ratignolle relate to Monsieur Farival in great detail?
(a) Her intimate moments with her husband
(b) Her interest in writing a novel
(c) One of her accouchements, or, childbirths
(d) How to cook a chicken Creole style
4. What does Madame Ratignolle do to Edna that she first finds unsettling?
(a) She rubs Edna's belly whenever she wants to.
(b) She never looks Edna in the eye when speaking to her.
(c) She is very physically affectionate.
(d) She speaks to Edna in a very mean tone.
5. How does Robert respond to Adele's request?
(a) He writes a list of reasons why he should do as he pleases.
(b) He takes it into serious consideration.
(c) He playfully ignores her request and accuses her of being jealous.
(d) He is taken aback at how serious and persistent she is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mademoiselle Reisz say to Edna after her performance?
2. Where will Montel be next month?
3. As they sail to the Cheniere Caminada, how does Edna feel?
4. Madame Lebrun remarks that sometimes she thinks Mrs. Pontellier is:
5. Where does Robert suggest he and Edna go the next day?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)