|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Pontellier react when her husband comes home from Klein's?
(a) With great enthusiasm
(b) Surprised that he is home so early
(c) Angry that he is home so late
(d) With little interest
2. What starts to change in Edna this summer at Grande Isle?
(a) She longs to have another child.
(b) The mantel of openness that had always enveloped her is tightening.
(c) The mantel of reservation that had always enveloped her is loosening.
(d) The idea of living here year-round is gaining its appeal.
3. When talking to both Adele and Edna, Robert is jovial and jokes often. Is he this way when alone with Edna?
(a) The author gives few clues as to how he behaves when alone with Edna.
(b) It depends on whether her husband is in the room.
(c) Yes, he is.
(d) No, he is not.
4. What does Edna do that surprises everyone?
(a) She jumps into the ocean and swims by herself.
(b) She forces Leonce to swim with her.
(c) She takes surfing lessons.
(d) She runs up and down the beach like a madwoman.
5. What do the Farival twins perform at the Grand Isle celebration?
(a) A scene from La Traviata
(b) A duet from Zampa on the piano
(c) A skit they wrote about an evil king
(d) A duet from a Puccini opera
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Edna at the service?
2. What kind of woman is Edna not?
3. Edna thinks her husband's bad humor is because of:
4. What does Adele Ratignolle urge Robert to do?
5. What does Mademoiselle Reisz say to Edna after her performance?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)