|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edna see when Mademoiselle Reisz plays?
(a) Nothing. But she feels passions that make her choke with tears.
(b) The future in gross detail
(c) Herself playing the piano
(d) Her life unfold like a beautiful flower
2. Where does Robert take Edna to recover?
(a) Madame Antoine's
(b) Mademoiselle Reisz's
(c) Madame Ratignolle
(d) Madame LeBrun's
3. What were some of the reasons Edna decided to marry Leonce Pontellier?
(a) Her father and sister were violently opposed to him.
(b) He was irresitibly handsome and charming.
(c) He was wealthy beyond her imagination.
(d) He was completely different from her father.
4. How does Robert respond to Adele's request?
(a) He takes it into serious consideration.
(b) He writes a list of reasons why he should do as he pleases.
(c) He playfully ignores her request and accuses her of being jealous.
(d) He is taken aback at how serious and persistent she is.
5. What does Edna throw at Robert?
(a) An orange she plucked from a tree
(b) A frying pan
(c) Her shoe
(d) A pillow
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Edna realizing about herself?
2. What folly has Mrs. Pontellier committed, according to her husband?
3. Describe Mrs. Pontellier's eyes.
4. What do the Farival twins perform at the Grand Isle celebration?
5. What does Madame Ratignolle mean when she talks about her condition?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)