|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert do while Mrs. Pontellier paints?
(a) He becomes very silent.
(b) He paints, too.
(c) He often rests his head on her arm.
(d) He tickles her.
2. Who is the embodiment of every womanly grace and charm?
(b) The Woman in Black
(c) Madame Lebrun
(d) Adele Ratignolle
3. Where does Robert suggest he and Edna go the next day?
(a) The Grand Canyon
(b) Grande Terre
(c) The Cayman Islands
(d) Grande Cheniere
4. What does opening up to Madame Ratignolle do for Edna?
(a) She wishes she had a psychiatrist to talk to.
(b) It makes her want to pack up and go home.
(c) It muddles her like wine, or like a first breath of freedom.
(d) It makes her realize her life is full.
5. Does Mrs. Pontellier feel comfortable in the company of Creoles?
(a) She does not give it much thought.
(b) Not at all
(d) Not entirely
Short Answer Questions
1. What starts to change in Edna this summer at Grande Isle?
2. What characteristic of the Creoles "impresses" Mrs. Pontellier?
3. Describe Mrs. Pontellier's eyes.
4. According to Edna, her marriage to Leonce Pontellier was purely an:
5. Why is Mr. Pontellier reading a day-old newspaper?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)