|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Was Edna a good swimming student?
(a) She was outstanding.
(b) No one has seen her swim, so no one can say.
(c) Decent. Robert thought she needed more lessons.
(d) No. Robert was frustrated and thought it was futile to teach her.
2. What had Edna attempted to learn all summer?
(a) How to swim
(b) How to fish
(c) How to cook
(d) How to memorize poetry
3. After declining Robert's invitation to go to the beach, how does Edna feel?
(a) She is glad to be alone and painting
(b) She feels relieved, because she cannot swim.
(c) She feels contradictory, regretting she had not gone and glad that she had not.
(d) She feels sad, because it might the last time he ever asks her.
4. What does Mr. Pontellier send home to his wife while he is away?
(a) A basket filled with instructions on how she should behave
(b) A basket filled with eggs
(c) A basket filled with wine bottles
(d) A basket filled with exquisite candies and fancy foods
5. What does Adele Ratignolle urge Robert to do?
(a) To leave Edna Pontellier alone
(b) To find someone his own age
(c) To leave the Grande Isle
(d) To get a part-time job
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Mr. Pontellier is asleep, Mrs. Pontellier leaves the room and:
2. Does Mrs. Pontellier feel comfortable in the company of Creoles?
3. What does Madame Ratignolle do to Edna that she first finds unsettling?
4. Who does Edna ask the little Negro girl to wake up?
5. What does Edna call the piece she often hears Mademoiselle Reisz play?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)