|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does opening up to Madame Ratignolle do for Edna?
(a) It muddles her like wine, or like a first breath of freedom.
(b) It makes her realize her life is full.
(c) She wishes she had a psychiatrist to talk to.
(d) It makes her want to pack up and go home.
2. What does Madame Ratignolle beg Robert to do?
(a) Fix her house
(b) Babsyit her children
(c) Accompany her to the house
(d) Start an affair with Edna
3. What does Edna throw at Robert?
(a) Her shoe
(b) A pillow
(c) An orange she plucked from a tree
(d) A frying pan
4. Madame Lebrun remarks that sometimes she thinks Mrs. Pontellier is:
5. After declining Robert's invitation to go to the beach, how does Edna feel?
(a) She feels sad, because it might the last time he ever asks her.
(b) She feels contradictory, regretting she had not gone and glad that she had not.
(c) She feels relieved, because she cannot swim.
(d) She is glad to be alone and painting
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Mrs. Pontellier's eyes.
2. Mrs. Pontellier talks about:
3. Where will Montel be next month?
4. What is singing in French and a little Spanish?
5. According to Edna, her marriage to Leonce Pontellier was purely an:
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)