|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Mademoiselle Reisz's performance affect anyone else?
(a) Only those who know music
(b) It excites the children only.
(c) It arouses everyone.
(d) It excites the adults only.
2. What does Mr. Pontellier promise to bring back for his sons?
(a) Ice cream
(b) Bourbon balls
(c) Candies and walnuts
(d) Bonbons and peanuts
3. Around what time does Edna finally get up?
(a) At the same time she always does, seven a.m.
(b) Two in the morning
(c) About one hour before dawn
(d) Noon the next day
4. Mrs. Pontellier talks about:
(a) Her children
(b) Her father's Mississippi plantation, Kentucky, and her sister's engagement
(c) Her husband's business, their house on Esplanade Street
(d) The weather
5. What does Edna do that surprises everyone?
(a) She runs up and down the beach like a madwoman.
(b) She takes surfing lessons.
(c) She jumps into the ocean and swims by herself.
(d) She forces Leonce to swim with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When talking to both Adele and Edna, Robert is jovial and jokes often. Is he this way when alone with Edna?
2. What does Robert jokingly say happened to Mrs. Pontellier when she was in the ocean?
3. What were some of the reasons Edna decided to marry Leonce Pontellier?
4. What does Mademoiselle Reisz say to Edna after her performance?
5. Why is Robert at Grande Isle?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)