Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Madame Ratignolle complain to Edna?
(a) She thought Alcee was interested in her, not Edna.
(b) She misses her and has not seen her lately.
(c) She thinks Edna has gone mad.
(d) She has no one else to complain to.
2. After declining Robert's invitation to go to the beach, how does Edna feel?
(a) She feels sad, because it might the last time he ever asks her.
(b) She is glad to be alone and painting
(c) She feels relieved, because she cannot swim.
(d) She feels contradictory, regretting she had not gone and glad that she had not.
3. How does Mrs. Pontellier react when her husband comes home from Klein's?
(a) Angry that he is home so late
(b) With little interest
(c) With great enthusiasm
(d) Surprised that he is home so early
4. When did Robert decide to make this trip?
(a) Last year
(b) He cannot recall.
(c) Months before
(d) That very afternoon, at four o'clock
5. Edna's father believes her marriage would be stronger if:
(a) Mr. Pontellier supported her painting career.
(b) Mr. Pontellier made her his business partner.
(c) Mr. Pontellier would stay home full-time with her.
(d) Mr. Pontellier stayed home more evenings with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Pontellier overhear Madame Ratignolle relate to Monsieur Farival in great detail?
2. According to Adele, what is Alcee's reputation?
3. Who is Mademoiselle Reisz surprised to see at her doorstep?
4. Who is Montel?
5. Why does it anger Mr. Pontellier so much that Edna went out on Tuesday?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)