|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edna do that surprises everyone?
(a) She jumps into the ocean and swims by herself.
(b) She runs up and down the beach like a madwoman.
(c) She forces Leonce to swim with her.
(d) She takes surfing lessons.
2. What starts to change in Edna this summer at Grande Isle?
(a) The mantel of reservation that had always enveloped her is loosening.
(b) The idea of living here year-round is gaining its appeal.
(c) She longs to have another child.
(d) The mantel of openness that had always enveloped her is tightening.
3. On the advice of Dr. Mandelet, what does Leonce decide to do?
(a) Institutionalize her
(b) Not bring her to New York with him
(c) Send her back to Kentucky
(d) Divorce her
4. Once Mr. Pontellier realizes Edna will not come to bed, what does he do?
(a) He runs to the beach and swims alone.
(b) He goes out and drinks with this male friends.
(c) He grabs her and carries her upstairs.
(d) He stays up, drinks wine, and smokes cigars next to her.
5. What characteristic of the Creoles "impresses" Mrs. Pontellier?
(a) Their endurance especially when swimming
(b) Their ability to drink a lot
(c) Their entire absence of prudery
(d) Their literary knowledge
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edna call the piece she often hears Mademoiselle Reisz play?
2. Who does Mr. Pontellier discuss with the doctor?
3. Why does Edna choose to remain in the hammock?
4. What kind of woman is Edna not?
5. What do Robert and Edna do before Mr. Pontellier returns to the cottage?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)