|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Edna choose to remain in the hammock?
(a) She feels that her will had blazed up, stubborn and resistant.
(b) She likes the salty air.
(c) She thinks it may make Leonce romantic.
(d) She has always preferred hammocks to beds.
2. Edna wonders how many years she has slept. Robert says:
(a) About half an hour
(b) You have slept exactly one hundred minutes.
(c) An entire day
(d) You have slept precisely one hundred years.
3. Madame Lebrun remarks that sometimes she thinks Mrs. Pontellier is:
4. What effect does music generally have on Edna?
(a) Sedative. It makes her sleepy.
(b) It has a way of making her anxious.
(c) It has a way of evoking pictures in her mind.
(d) None. She hates music.
5. What does Robert jokingly say happened to Mrs. Pontellier when she was in the ocean?
(a) No one watched her because they knew she was a good swimmer.
(b) She looked like a shark.
(c) A spirit rose from the Gulf and found her.
(d) He never jokes.
Short Answer Questions
1. After declining Robert's invitation to go to the beach, how does Edna feel?
2. Where does Robert take Edna to recover?
3. According to Edna, her marriage to Leonce Pontellier was purely an:
4. How does Mr. Pontellier view his home?
5. What does Edna do at Madame Antoine's?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)