|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madame Ratignolle mean when she talks about her condition?
(a) Her illness
(b) Her relationship with her husband
(c) Her pregnancy
(d) Her situation in life
2. What does Adele Ratignolle urge Robert to do?
(a) To leave the Grande Isle
(b) To leave Edna Pontellier alone
(c) To find someone his own age
(d) To get a part-time job
3. What does Mrs. Pontellier overhear Madame Ratignolle relate to Monsieur Farival in great detail?
(a) Her interest in writing a novel
(b) How to cook a chicken Creole style
(c) Her intimate moments with her husband
(d) One of her accouchements, or, childbirths
4. Where does Edna go with her sketches?
(a) A flea market
(b) Madame Ratignolle's house
(c) Madame Lebrun's house
(d) The local artist's market
5. Who does Mr. Pontellier drop in to visit in town one morning?
(a) Mademoiselle Reisz
(b) Madame Ratignolle
(c) Dr. Mandelet
(d) Madame Lebrun
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mademoiselle Reisz surprised to see at her doorstep?
2. Alone in her room, what does Edna do?
3. What does Mademoiselle Reisz say is essential to becoming a true artist?
4. How does Mr. Pontellier view his home?
5. Once Mr. Pontellier realizes Edna will not come to bed, what does he do?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)