|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were some of the reasons Edna decided to marry Leonce Pontellier?
(a) Her father and sister were violently opposed to him.
(b) He was completely different from her father.
(c) He was irresitibly handsome and charming.
(d) He was wealthy beyond her imagination.
2. What does Madame Ratignolle beg Robert to do?
(a) Fix her house
(b) Accompany her to the house
(c) Babsyit her children
(d) Start an affair with Edna
3. What does Mrs. Pontellier overhear Madame Ratignolle relate to Monsieur Farival in great detail?
(a) Her interest in writing a novel
(b) One of her accouchements, or, childbirths
(c) Her intimate moments with her husband
(d) How to cook a chicken Creole style
4. Once Mr. Pontellier realizes Edna will not come to bed, what does he do?
(a) He goes out and drinks with this male friends.
(b) He stays up, drinks wine, and smokes cigars next to her.
(c) He grabs her and carries her upstairs.
(d) He runs to the beach and swims alone.
5. What is Edna's father's reason for coming to town?
(a) To get a health check-up with Dr. Mandelet
(b) To see some museums
(c) To take Edna away from Leonce
(d) To buy a wedding present for his other daughter
Short Answer Questions
1. Although they do not talk, what does the author say is happening between Robert and Edna?
2. Describe Mr. Ratignolle:
3. What starts to change in Edna this summer at Grande Isle?
4. What does Edna see when Mademoiselle Reisz plays?
5. In retrospect, how does Edna feel about stomping on her wedding ring?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)