|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Edna ask the little Negro girl to wake up?
(c) Madame Lebrun
2. According to Edna, her marriage to Leonce Pontellier was purely an:
(b) Act of convenience
(c) Act of rebellion
(d) Amiable thing to do
3. On the advice of Dr. Mandelet, what does Leonce decide to do?
(a) Not bring her to New York with him
(b) Divorce her
(c) Send her back to Kentucky
(d) Institutionalize her
4. What characteristic of the Creoles "impresses" Mrs. Pontellier?
(a) Their entire absence of prudery
(b) Their endurance especially when swimming
(c) Their ability to drink a lot
(d) Their literary knowledge
5. Does Mademoiselle Reisz's performance affect anyone else?
(a) Only those who know music
(b) It excites the children only.
(c) It arouses everyone.
(d) It excites the adults only.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert do while Mrs. Pontellier paints?
2. What does opening up to Madame Ratignolle do for Edna?
3. What does Robert jokingly say happened to Mrs. Pontellier when she was in the ocean?
4. What does Adele Ratignolle urge Robert to do?
5. What does Mademoiselle Reisz say to Edna after her performance?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)