|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor explain about women to Mr. Pontellier?
(a) That they cannot be explained
(b) That they should be locked up
(c) That they should simply ask women to explain themselves
(d) That it will cost a lot to get his explanation
2. Why does Edna cry when she listens to Mademoiselle Reisz play the piano?
(a) It reminds her of Leonce.
(b) It elicits the emotions she felt earlier in the summer.
(c) It is actually awful but she cannot bring herself to say so.
(d) It is too beautiful to imagine.
3. What does Adele Ratignolle urge Robert to do?
(a) To leave Edna Pontellier alone
(b) To find someone his own age
(c) To get a part-time job
(d) To leave the Grande Isle
4. Describe Madame Antoine:
(a) Thin, walks elegantly and speaks beautiful English
(b) Short, stout, angry and scary like a guard dog
(c) Short, with a rather unforgettable face
(d) Fat, walks heavily and clumsily, speaks no English but is warm and friendly
5. After declining Robert's invitation to go to the beach, how does Edna feel?
(a) She feels contradictory, regretting she had not gone and glad that she had not.
(b) She is glad to be alone and painting
(c) She feels sad, because it might the last time he ever asks her.
(d) She feels relieved, because she cannot swim.
Short Answer Questions
1. Madame Lebrun remarks that sometimes she thinks Mrs. Pontellier is:
2. And what does Leonce do when Edna asks him to come to bed?
3. How does Robert respond to Adele's request?
4. What does Edna see when Mademoiselle Reisz plays?
5. What is Edna's father's reason for coming to town?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)