|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Victor Lebrun describe Edna?
(b) Lacking in fashion taste
(d) Cute but too thin
2. Who does Edna search for?
(a) Madame Antoine
(b) Victor Lebrun
(d) Mademoiselle Reisz
3. What does opening up to Madame Ratignolle do for Edna?
(a) It makes her want to pack up and go home.
(b) It makes her realize her life is full.
(c) She wishes she had a psychiatrist to talk to.
(d) It muddles her like wine, or like a first breath of freedom.
4. Was Edna a good swimming student?
(a) She was outstanding.
(b) Decent. Robert thought she needed more lessons.
(c) No one has seen her swim, so no one can say.
(d) No. Robert was frustrated and thought it was futile to teach her.
5. How does Robert respond to Adele's request?
(a) He is taken aback at how serious and persistent she is.
(b) He takes it into serious consideration.
(c) He playfully ignores her request and accuses her of being jealous.
(d) He writes a list of reasons why he should do as he pleases.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rather than paint, what does Mr. Pontellier think his wife should be doing?
2. Describe Madame Antoine:
3. What does Edna do at Madame Antoine's?
4. How does the author describe Edna's feelings for her own children?
5. Although they do not talk, what does the author say is happening between Robert and Edna?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)