|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristic of the Creoles "impresses" Mrs. Pontellier?
(a) Their entire absence of prudery
(b) Their ability to drink a lot
(c) Their endurance especially when swimming
(d) Their literary knowledge
2. What does Edna see when Mademoiselle Reisz plays?
(a) Nothing. But she feels passions that make her choke with tears.
(b) Herself playing the piano
(c) Her life unfold like a beautiful flower
(d) The future in gross detail
3. When Edna cannot find Mademoiselle Reisz, who does she go to for help?
(a) Madame Lebrun
(b) The Police
(d) Adele Ratignolle
4. Rather than paint, what does Mr. Pontellier think his wife should be doing?
(a) Looking after the children and household
(b) Going back to school
(c) Volunteering at a hospital
(d) Getting a job
5. What does Madame Ratignolle mean when she talks about her condition?
(a) Her pregnancy
(b) Her illness
(c) Her situation in life
(d) Her relationship with her husband
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Edna at the service?
2. Does Mademoiselle Reisz's performance affect anyone else?
3. Madame Lebrun remarks that sometimes she thinks Mrs. Pontellier is:
4. What do Robert and Edna do before Mr. Pontellier returns to the cottage?
5. Alone in her room, what does Edna do?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)