|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were some of the reasons Edna decided to marry Leonce Pontellier?
(a) He was wealthy beyond her imagination.
(b) He was irresitibly handsome and charming.
(c) Her father and sister were violently opposed to him.
(d) He was completely different from her father.
2. Where will Montel be next month?
(a) No one is really sure
(b) On a cruise ship
(c) Santa Cruz
(d) Vera Cruz
3. Who does Robert ask to perform for Mrs. Pontellier?
(a) Mr. Pontellier
(b) Mademoiselle Reisz
(c) Madame Ratignolle
(d) Madame Lebrun
4. Why does Edna cry when she listens to Mademoiselle Reisz play the piano?
(a) It reminds her of Leonce.
(b) It is actually awful but she cannot bring herself to say so.
(c) It is too beautiful to imagine.
(d) It elicits the emotions she felt earlier in the summer.
5. What characteristic of the Creoles "impresses" Mrs. Pontellier?
(a) Their literary knowledge
(b) Their entire absence of prudery
(c) Their endurance especially when swimming
(d) Their ability to drink a lot
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Robert take Edna to recover?
2. As they sail to the Cheniere Caminada, how does Edna feel?
3. What does Edna do that surprises everyone?
4. What does Edna call the piece she often hears Mademoiselle Reisz play?
5. Mr. Pontellier thinks something's wrong with Edna because:
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)