|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Edna choose to remain in the hammock?
(a) She feels that her will had blazed up, stubborn and resistant.
(b) She has always preferred hammocks to beds.
(c) She thinks it may make Leonce romantic.
(d) She likes the salty air.
2. Describe Mr. Ratignolle:
(a) Dark, somber, not given to saying much to anyone
(b) Salt of the earth, cheerful, good hearted with common sense
(c) Quiet, stoic
(d) Overly talkative
3. What happens on Tuesdays in the Pontellier home?
(a) It is not different from other days of the week.
(b) It is cleaning day when the housekeeper comes.
(c) It is gardening day so it is very noisy.
(d) It is reception day when people come by for visits.
4. What is Madame Antoine cooking for dinner?
(b) Mullet, a type of fish
5. In retrospect, how does Edna feel about stomping on her wedding ring?
(c) She still cannot believe she did such a thing
(d) Perfectly fine
Short Answer Questions
1. Edna wonders how many years she has slept. Robert says:
2. After declining Robert's invitation to go to the beach, how does Edna feel?
3. How does Mr. Pontellier view his home?
4. What happens to Edna at the service?
5. What does Edna call the piece she often hears Mademoiselle Reisz play?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)