|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What starts to change in Edna this summer at Grande Isle?
(a) The mantel of openness that had always enveloped her is tightening.
(b) She longs to have another child.
(c) The mantel of reservation that had always enveloped her is loosening.
(d) The idea of living here year-round is gaining its appeal.
2. Who does Edna search for?
(a) Victor Lebrun
(b) Madame Antoine
(c) Mademoiselle Reisz
3. What were some of the reasons Edna decided to marry Leonce Pontellier?
(a) He was irresitibly handsome and charming.
(b) Her father and sister were violently opposed to him.
(c) He was wealthy beyond her imagination.
(d) He was completely different from her father.
4. Mr. Pontellier thinks something's wrong with Edna because:
(a) She is speaking in French most of the time.
(b) She has lost much weight.
(c) She paints disturbing portraits.
(d) She forgets her housework, comes in late and does not associate with anyone.
5. Who does Robert ask to perform for Mrs. Pontellier?
(a) Mr. Pontellier
(b) Mademoiselle Reisz
(c) Madame Ratignolle
(d) Madame Lebrun
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Edna go with her sketches?
2. Once Mr. Pontellier realizes Edna will not come to bed, what does he do?
3. What had Edna attempted to learn all summer?
4. Where does Robert take Edna to recover?
5. What does Edna do when her husband orders her to come inside?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)