|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edna do when her husband orders her to come inside?
(a) She asks if they can get a larger cottage.
(b) She obeys him instantly.
(c) She refuses to obey him.
(d) She suggests they take a walk.
2. Although they do not talk, what does the author say is happening between Robert and Edna?
(a) They have a lot to say but cannot find the right words.
(b) They are learning to be silent around each other.
(c) They are feeling the throbbings of desire.
(d) They are allowing anger to fester within themselves.
3. When Edna cannot find Mademoiselle Reisz, who does she go to for help?
(a) Madame Lebrun
(c) Adele Ratignolle
(d) The Police
4. What kind of woman is Edna not?
(a) A mean woman
(b) A career woman
(c) A mother-woman
(d) A crazy woman
5. Where will Montel be next month?
(a) On a cruise ship
(b) No one is really sure
(c) Santa Cruz
(d) Vera Cruz
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe Edna's feelings for her own children?
2. The Colonel is an expert at concocting:
3. What does Mariequita think of Robert and Edna?
4. What does Victor say has changed Edna?
5. Madame Lebrun remarks that sometimes she thinks Mrs. Pontellier is:
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)