|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mademoiselle Reisz say to Edna after her performance?
(a) Edna is the only one worth playing for.
(b) It is the last time she will perform for anyone.
(c) She should have chosen a different tune.
(d) She would have preferred playing the violin.
2. Who does Mr. Pontellier drop in to visit in town one morning?
(a) Dr. Mandelet
(b) Mademoiselle Reisz
(c) Madame Ratignolle
(d) Madame Lebrun
3. Although they do not talk, what does the author say is happening between Robert and Edna?
(a) They are allowing anger to fester within themselves.
(b) They have a lot to say but cannot find the right words.
(c) They are learning to be silent around each other.
(d) They are feeling the throbbings of desire.
4. Who is the embodiment of every womanly grace and charm?
(a) The Woman in Black
(b) Adele Ratignolle
(c) Madame Lebrun
5. Does Mrs. Pontellier feel comfortable in the company of Creoles?
(a) Not at all
(c) Not entirely
(d) She does not give it much thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Victor say has changed Edna?
2. As they sail to the Cheniere Caminada, how does Edna feel?
3. Where will Montel be next month?
4. What does Madame Ratignolle beg Robert to do?
5. What does Robert do while Mrs. Pontellier paints?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)