|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Edna's father believes her marriage would be stronger if:
(a) Mr. Pontellier made her his business partner.
(b) Mr. Pontellier would stay home full-time with her.
(c) Mr. Pontellier supported her painting career.
(d) Mr. Pontellier stayed home more evenings with her.
2. What has Robert done pretty much every summer at Grande Isle?
(a) He would devote himself to one married woman.
(b) He has written a novel.
(c) He has built a house.
(d) Gone fishing
3. What does Robert do while Mrs. Pontellier paints?
(a) He paints, too.
(b) He becomes very silent.
(c) He often rests his head on her arm.
(d) He tickles her.
4. What starts to change in Edna this summer at Grande Isle?
(a) The mantel of openness that had always enveloped her is tightening.
(b) The mantel of reservation that had always enveloped her is loosening.
(c) The idea of living here year-round is gaining its appeal.
(d) She longs to have another child.
5. How does Edna feel upon leaving the Ratignolles?
(a) Profoundly changed
(b) Soothed and sleepy
(c) Eager to go back
(d) Depressed rather than soothed
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the embodiment of every womanly grace and charm?
2. What characteristic of the Creoles "impresses" Mrs. Pontellier?
3. What does Edna want to do with Madame Ratignolle?
4. What is Edna's father's reason for coming to town?
5. What does the doctor explain about women to Mr. Pontellier?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)