|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rather than paint, what does Mr. Pontellier think his wife should be doing?
(a) Getting a job
(b) Volunteering at a hospital
(c) Going back to school
(d) Looking after the children and household
2. What does Madame Ratignolle do to Edna that she first finds unsettling?
(a) She speaks to Edna in a very mean tone.
(b) She rubs Edna's belly whenever she wants to.
(c) She never looks Edna in the eye when speaking to her.
(d) She is very physically affectionate.
3. Who does Edna search for?
(b) Madame Antoine
(c) Mademoiselle Reisz
(d) Victor Lebrun
4. Edna gradually awakens, as if from a dream to feel:
(a) Like she should sleep and dream more
(b) The realities pressing into her soul
(c) That it is better to sleep in a real bed
(d) That she really is in a dream
5. What does Mariequita think of Robert and Edna?
(a) That they have a secret
(b) That they would make good foster parents
(c) That they are sweethearts
(d) That they should separate immediately
Short Answer Questions
1. When talking to both Adele and Edna, Robert is jovial and jokes often. Is he this way when alone with Edna?
2. What characteristic of the Creoles "impresses" Mrs. Pontellier?
3. When Edna cannot find Mademoiselle Reisz, who does she go to for help?
4. Why does Edna cry when she listens to Mademoiselle Reisz play the piano?
5. As they sail to the Cheniere Caminada, how does Edna feel?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)