|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were some of the reasons Edna decided to marry Leonce Pontellier?
(a) Her father and sister were violently opposed to him.
(b) He was wealthy beyond her imagination.
(c) He was completely different from her father.
(d) He was irresitibly handsome and charming.
2. What happens on Tuesdays in the Pontellier home?
(a) It is gardening day so it is very noisy.
(b) It is cleaning day when the housekeeper comes.
(c) It is not different from other days of the week.
(d) It is reception day when people come by for visits.
3. What does Mrs. Pontellier overhear Madame Ratignolle relate to Monsieur Farival in great detail?
(a) One of her accouchements, or, childbirths
(b) Her interest in writing a novel
(c) How to cook a chicken Creole style
(d) Her intimate moments with her husband
4. What does opening up to Madame Ratignolle do for Edna?
(a) It makes her want to pack up and go home.
(b) It muddles her like wine, or like a first breath of freedom.
(c) It makes her realize her life is full.
(d) She wishes she had a psychiatrist to talk to.
5. Around what time does Edna finally get up?
(a) About one hour before dawn
(b) At the same time she always does, seven a.m.
(c) Noon the next day
(d) Two in the morning
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Madame Antoine cooking for dinner?
2. What does Mademoiselle Reisz say to Edna after her performance?
3. What does Robert jokingly say happened to Mrs. Pontellier when she was in the ocean?
4. How does Mr. Pontellier view his home?
5. Alone in her room, what does Edna do?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)