Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the advice of Dr. Mandelet, what does Leonce decide to do?
(a) Institutionalize her
(b) Send her back to Kentucky
(c) Not bring her to New York with him
(d) Divorce her
2. What were some of the reasons Edna decided to marry Leonce Pontellier?
(a) He was wealthy beyond her imagination.
(b) He was irresitibly handsome and charming.
(c) He was completely different from her father.
(d) Her father and sister were violently opposed to him.
3. What has Robert done pretty much every summer at Grande Isle?
(a) He has built a house.
(b) He has written a novel.
(c) He would devote himself to one married woman.
(d) Gone fishing
4. And what does Leonce do when Edna asks him to come to bed?
(a) He stays behind to finish smoking his cigar.
(b) He stays behind to have another round of wine.
(c) He ignores her and reads the newspaper.
(d) He comes immediately.
5. Alone in her room, what does Edna do?
(a) She packs her bags but decides not to leave.
(b) She laughs uncontrollably.
(c) She tears up a handkerchief, stomps on her wedding ring and smashes a vase.
(d) She cuts up the linens with sharp scissors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madame Ratignolle do to Edna that she first finds unsettling?
2. What is Edna's father's reason for coming to town?
3. What happens on Tuesdays in the Pontellier home?
4. Who is Montel?
5. Where does Robert take Edna to recover?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)