|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adele Ratignolle urge Robert to do?
(a) To leave the Grande Isle
(b) To leave Edna Pontellier alone
(c) To find someone his own age
(d) To get a part-time job
2. Who is Montel?
(a) A man who is in love with Madame Lebrun
(b) A servant at the Lebrun estate
(c) A celebrity who vacations on the Grande Isle
(d) A friend of Edna's
3. What does Victor take from Mrs. Highcamp?
(a) Her cane
(b) Her skirt
(c) Her purse
(d) Her scarf
4. Rather than paint, what does Mr. Pontellier think his wife should be doing?
(a) Getting a job
(b) Volunteering at a hospital
(c) Looking after the children and household
(d) Going back to school
5. What does Edna do that surprises everyone?
(a) She jumps into the ocean and swims by herself.
(b) She takes surfing lessons.
(c) She forces Leonce to swim with her.
(d) She runs up and down the beach like a madwoman.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Edna cannot find Mademoiselle Reisz, who does she go to for help?
2. Why does it anger Mr. Pontellier so much that Edna went out on Tuesday?
3. Describe Mr. Ratignolle:
4. Was Edna a good swimming student?
5. Why does Edna tell Victor to stop singing?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)