|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does it anger Mr. Pontellier so much that Edna went out on Tuesday?
(a) He has a short fuse.
(b) He hates anything out of the ordinary.
(c) He is actually not that angry but sarcastic.
(d) He thinks it will hurt his business and reputation.
2. Describe Mr. Ratignolle:
(a) Dark, somber, not given to saying much to anyone
(b) Overly talkative
(c) Salt of the earth, cheerful, good hearted with common sense
(d) Quiet, stoic
3. What does Edna call the piece she often hears Mademoiselle Reisz play?
(b) Swinging Blues
4. Who will pay for Edna's expensive dinner party?
5. How does Edna feel upon leaving the Ratignolles?
(a) Eager to go back
(b) Profoundly changed
(c) Depressed rather than soothed
(d) Soothed and sleepy
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Robert and Edna do before Mr. Pontellier returns to the cottage?
2. How does Mr. Pontellier view his home?
3. What does Mademoiselle Reisz say to Edna after her performance?
4. At the last moment, which two guests do not show up at Edna's dinner party?
5. What is her overwhelming feeling after kissing Alcee?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)