|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Montel?
(a) A friend of Edna's
(b) A celebrity who vacations on the Grande Isle
(c) A servant at the Lebrun estate
(d) A man who is in love with Madame Lebrun
2. Although they do not talk, what does the author say is happening between Robert and Edna?
(a) They have a lot to say but cannot find the right words.
(b) They are learning to be silent around each other.
(c) They are feeling the throbbings of desire.
(d) They are allowing anger to fester within themselves.
3. Alone in her room, what does Edna do?
(a) She cuts up the linens with sharp scissors.
(b) She packs her bags but decides not to leave.
(c) She laughs uncontrollably.
(d) She tears up a handkerchief, stomps on her wedding ring and smashes a vase.
4. Who does Robert ask to perform for Mrs. Pontellier?
(a) Madame Lebrun
(b) Madame Ratignolle
(c) Mademoiselle Reisz
(d) Mr. Pontellier
5. How does Edna feel upon leaving the Ratignolles?
(a) Depressed rather than soothed
(b) Profoundly changed
(c) Soothed and sleepy
(d) Eager to go back
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does it anger Mr. Pontellier so much that Edna went out on Tuesday?
2. What does Edna do after Alcee leaves?
3. Leonce is so dissatisfied with dinner he leaves to:
4. At the last moment, which two guests do not show up at Edna's dinner party?
5. What does Adele Ratignolle urge Robert to do?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)