|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on Tuesdays in the Pontellier home?
(a) It is gardening day so it is very noisy.
(b) It is reception day when people come by for visits.
(c) It is not different from other days of the week.
(d) It is cleaning day when the housekeeper comes.
2. Alone in her room, what does Edna do?
(a) She tears up a handkerchief, stomps on her wedding ring and smashes a vase.
(b) She packs her bags but decides not to leave.
(c) She laughs uncontrollably.
(d) She cuts up the linens with sharp scissors.
3. Leonce is so dissatisfied with dinner he leaves to:
(a) Go to a restaurant
(b) Go to the club
(c) Go to see his doctor
(d) Go to the Ratignolles
4. Who is Montel?
(a) A servant at the Lebrun estate
(b) A man who is in love with Madame Lebrun
(c) A friend of Edna's
(d) A celebrity who vacations on the Grande Isle
5. What does Adele Ratignolle urge Robert to do?
(a) To find someone his own age
(b) To leave Edna Pontellier alone
(c) To get a part-time job
(d) To leave the Grande Isle
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Robert ask to perform for Mrs. Pontellier?
2. Why does it anger Mr. Pontellier so much that Edna went out on Tuesday?
3. Describe Mr. Ratignolle:
4. Why does Edna tell Victor to stop singing?
5. When Edna cannot find Mademoiselle Reisz, who does she go to for help?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)