|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leonce is so dissatisfied with dinner he leaves to:
(a) Go to see his doctor
(b) Go to the Ratignolles
(c) Go to the club
(d) Go to a restaurant
2. What does Edna see when Mademoiselle Reisz plays?
(a) The future in gross detail
(b) Herself playing the piano
(c) Nothing. But she feels passions that make her choke with tears.
(d) Her life unfold like a beautiful flower
3. What had Edna attempted to learn all summer?
(a) How to fish
(b) How to cook
(c) How to swim
(d) How to memorize poetry
4. What does Edna do after Alcee leaves?
(a) She cries.
(b) She jumps with joy.
(c) She writes to Leonce and tells him what happened.
(d) She laughs uncontrollably.
5. What does Alcee call Edna's new home?
(a) The ostrich's retreat
(b) The bird's nest
(c) The love lair
(d) The pigeon-house
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Mr. Ratignolle:
2. As Edna walks around town, who occupies her thoughts?
3. Most of all, what did Edna gain?
4. What does Edna regret about her kiss with Alcee?
5. Why does it anger Mr. Pontellier so much that Edna went out on Tuesday?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)